Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 580956 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2910 on: October 11, 2018, 11:16:53 AM »
why the fuck do we in america make it so hard to go on vacation when the rest of the world paid holiday time is basically a right?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2911 on: October 11, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
Capitalism x Protestant work ethic, I think?

7 year old

« Reply #2912 on: October 14, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »
How do I get my crackhead roommate evicted?

ungzilla

« Reply #2913 on: October 14, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
just put his crack outside

7 year old

« Reply #2914 on: October 14, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »
My crackhead roommate is a woman and overweight to the point where she could probably kill me just by falling on me, there's no way I'm getting between her and her crack  :(

Pigeon

« Reply #2915 on: October 14, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
My crackhead roommate is a woman and overweight to the point where she could probably kill me just by falling on me, there's no way I'm getting between her and her crack  :(
You tell your landlord that your roommate smokes crack. Most leases, if not all, prohibit drug use and illegal activities.

Edit: I don’t advocate snitching, but that’s the easiest way. Hopefully, you don’t have kids. Personally, I would just find a new place and sublet the current one. If that isn’t an option, you can make her uncomfortable by walking around naked or smearing feces on the walls. Aside from the crack, what’s so bad that makes you want to get her evicted?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:28:40 PM by Pigeon »

double

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2916 on: October 14, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »
If it don't bother u let em smoke. My old landlord keep a ball to trade for hooker fuck from a crack hoe. Didn't bother me.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2917 on: October 15, 2018, 12:06:38 AM »
Your room mate is a crackhead? I'd want her out too

Sketchy as fuck and I wouldnt trust her around any of my stuff at all

Gentleman ninja warlock

7 year old

« Reply #2918 on: October 15, 2018, 06:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
You tell your landlord that your roommate smokes crack. Most leases, if not all, prohibit drug use and illegal activities.

Edit: I don’t advocate snitching, but that’s the easiest way. Hopefully, you don’t have kids. Personally, I would just find a new place and sublet the current one. If that isn’t an option, you can make her uncomfortable by walking around naked or smearing feces on the walls. Aside from the crack, what’s so bad that makes you want to get her evicted?
The main problem is that she's been stealing things from me and my other roommates. There's a lot of other things but that's the main one. I am probably going to have to sublet the place.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #2919 on: October 15, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The main problem is that she's been stealing things from me and my other roommates. There's a lot of other things but that's the main one. I am probably going to have to sublet the place.

fuck that, call the cops/landlord. squeal like a piggy.. get that scumbag gone

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2920 on: October 17, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »
Anyone else find it weird gonz doesn’t run his own insta but his wife pretty much does?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2921 on: October 17, 2018, 10:54:43 AM »
Imagine if it was Bams voice all the time instead of like the regular GPS, Siri, Alexa or Morgan Freeman robot shit.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #2922 on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
Decided against moving to new mexico with my girl after a short stay in texas , pondering sustaining myself on my own and what my next move will be.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #2923 on: October 17, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »
After watching Peace, I'm thinking that watching skate videos now is like watching a movie - I'll watch a movie once to be entertained but I'll rarely watch the same one repeatedly. I experience it, get entertained, and then move on. I don't absorb skate videos any more.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2924 on: October 18, 2018, 07:21:07 AM »
i wonder what nyjahs board sales look like, i mean theres no way they sell well.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2925 on: October 18, 2018, 08:32:40 AM »
If SLAP was able to help bring light to the shittiness of Jason Jesse and violent actions of Daryl Angel, how is it that Chase Gabor is still in skating when there is a literal recording on the internet of him jokingly talking about sodomizing children with a screwdriver?

Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2926 on: October 18, 2018, 08:37:28 AM »
I feel like part of it is that he's not major enough?

I was thinking something similar recently, about how it's crazy Jereme Rogers hasn't gotten MeToo'd yet (you know he's done plenty of shady shit), but I'm sure if he was actually famous he would be.

Pigeon

« Reply #2927 on: October 18, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
If SLAP was able to help bring light to the shittiness of Jason Jesse and violent actions of Daryl Angel, how is it that Chase Gabor is still in skating when there is a literal recording on the internet of him jokingly talking about sodomizing children with a screwdriver?
He did it when he was a kid but he probably has that Scientology money.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2928 on: October 19, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
Alright, a jack rustle flying a tiny kite while he's running (with the kite string tied to his body)-I like thinking about the concept of a photo taken of this from a very low perspective.  Prolly would be the best image ever.   Also I was thinking about how b4 the agricultural revolution magic mushrooms would be MUCH less accessible (No fields with sheep and cows, get me?).  Prolly a big part of the puzzle of the exponential 'advancement' of humans that's tooken hold in a relatively short period.  Maybe.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:30:25 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2929 on: October 22, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »
i wonder what ISSY is up to

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2930 on: October 22, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »
was thinking about how old movies and tv shows give you a special nostalgia .. and it made me think, maybe it’s the fact that we are watching actual film and not a digital picture .. there’s something special about film .. in skateboarding it translates to the vx / hd debate
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2931 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:42 AM »
was thinking about how old movies and tv shows give you a special nostalgia .. and it made me think, maybe it’s the fact that we are watching actual film and not a digital picture .. there’s something special about film .. in skateboarding it translates to the vx / hd debate

theres definitely something pleasing about analog media. i totally agree with the file vs. digital thing. it's not that it looks "better", but it has a charm that digital doesnt have.

i've noticed it with music too. things recorded on tape just have a bit more life to them than digital recordings. amps too. tube amps just sound so much bigger and fuller than solid state amps in my opinion.

Pigeon

« Reply #2932 on: October 23, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
Why the fuck are people embracing authoritarianism?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #2933 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
you mean recent politics (brazil/usa/ etc etc) or a zizek kinda way?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #2934 on: October 23, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

theres definitely something pleasing about analog media. i totally agree with the file vs. digital thing. it's not that it looks "better", but it has a charm that digital doesnt have.

i've noticed it with music too. things recorded on tape just have a bit more life to them than digital recordings. amps too. tube amps just sound so much bigger and fuller than solid state amps in my opinion.

I own vinyl  and tapes (next to spotify) and like film more than digital but sometimes i wonder, I mean, maybe its not that film or vinyl possesses a specific quality that digital does not (nostalgia), but maybe digital did not have the time to develop that feeling yet. And is that feeling (nostalgia) not a cheap trick to make you feel something (ie ' jobs? never!' (to keep it ''skate'' related)). idk. I just like filmgrain or ''bad'' quality in general, rooting for the underdog, or to keep things accesible.

Another thing I do like about analogue is that it allows you to fix things yourself instead of having to send it over to the factory for someone to reprogram some tiny chip

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2935 on: October 23, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
idk. I just like filmgrain or ''bad'' quality in general, rooting for the underdog, or to keep things accesible.

I think you just nailed it for visual stuff. What I like about film is the simplicity and the imperfection. With digital anything its so easy to over polish something and take all the life out of it.

I just wish film photography wasn't so damn expensive. I've got probably a dozen rolls of shot film that have been sitting for a few years because I don't want to spend the $100+ to get it developed.

Pigeon

« Reply #2936 on: October 23, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
in terms of recent politics and I had no idea who that Zizek guy was

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2937 on: October 23, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you're talking about Trump, I'd say there's no doubt Trump likes being perceived as having all mighty power based on his words and tweets and general douchery (obviously a thin-skinned, huge ego guy), but I think his support comes from his actions and policies that actually have an impact on day to day life, like cutting taxes, reducing regulations, creating job opportunities, letting people keep their guns - Why would an authoritarian do any of those things?

Pigeon

« Reply #2938 on: October 23, 2018, 03:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

If you're talking about Trump, I'd say there's no doubt Trump likes being perceived as having all mighty power based on his words and tweets and general douchery (obviously a thin-skinned, huge ego guy), but I think his support comes from his actions and policies that actually have an impact on day to day life, like cutting taxes, reducing regulations, creating job opportunities, letting people keep their guns - Why would an authoritarian do any of those things?
I meant in a global sense. Otherwise, I would have singled out Trump. South America has been dealing with it for a while, but it seems to be getting worse. There seems to be a resurgence in parts of Europe, as well. I think the Middle East has been fucked, after years of American and Russian meddling.

The tax cuts were mainly for corporations, and most board members used the money to buy back company stocks, instead of creating jobs. There is no evidence that any of the tax cuts are significantly beneficial to the average person.

Why would someone cut taxes and create jobs? Any voter would want that, regardless of political affiliation. Guns probably won’t ever go anywhere, considering Congress would need to create a new amendment to nullify the 2nd amendment. That’s just fear mongering.

Fuck you for making me think about Trump.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2939 on: October 23, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I meant in a global sense. Otherwise, I would have singled out Trump. South America has been dealing with it for a while, but it seems to be getting worse. There seems to be a resurgence in parts of Europe, as well. I think the Middle East has been fucked, after years of American and Russian meddling.

The tax cuts were mainly for corporations, and most board members used the money to buy back company stocks, instead of creating jobs. There is no evidence that any of the tax cuts are significantly beneficial to the average person.

Why would someone cut taxes and create jobs? Any voter would want that, regardless of political affiliation. Guns probably won’t ever go anywhere, considering Congress would need to create a new amendment to nullify the 2nd amendment. That’s just fear mongering.

Fuck you for making me think about Trump.

My bad for the reminder. Do you live in the US? Two things I wanted to point out:
1. "Why would someone cut taxes and create jobs? Any voter would want that, regardless of political affiliation." About half of the US is all about raising taxes.
2. "Congress would need to create a new amendment to nullify the 2nd amendment"
A lot of members of the house have been pretty open about wanting to get rid of guns. Also, gun bans are currently in effect in some areas of the country regardless of the 2nd amendment, so it's really not a stretch.

As far as Latin America, this article might be worth reading: https://items.ssrc.org/industrialization-and-authoritarianism-in-latin-america/