Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581124 times)

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4200 on: January 25, 2020, 05:36:59 AM »
I figured i'd just ask this here rather than starting a new thread, but does anyone here have any experience with truck driving as a career? I've been contemplating giving it a another try because I was in school for it years ago but the timing was unfortunate so I couldn't complete it and just never got back to it.

I find trucking appealing but i'm also aware that it can be both physically and mentally draining, so I was just wondering if anyone here who has experience can share their thoughts on whether or not it's worth it.

Not really experience but a guy at my work used to do it and gave up cos' he reckons fuel costs and companies pushing unrealistic deadlines are killing it off as a job.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4201 on: January 25, 2020, 08:35:30 AM »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #4202 on: January 25, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
Was thinking about when Grosso said, "There are people who are very good at riding a skateboard, but they aren't skateboarders."

On the flipside of that, I was wondering if there are people who've never touched a skateboard, or barely skate, but who would still be considered genuine skateboarders. Like they typify the attitude and culture so well that they get a pass. Maybe I don't know, Duff McKagen or someone.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4203 on: January 25, 2020, 05:29:37 PM »
Was thinking about when Grosso said, "There are people who are very good at riding a skateboard, but they aren't skateboarders."

On the flipside of that, I was wondering if there are people who've never touched a skateboard, or barely skate, but who would still be considered genuine skateboarders. Like they typify the attitude and culture so well that they get a pass. Maybe I don't know, Duff McKagen or someone.

a pass on what? Like a pro model or something?
Duff is way too deep into the mud club to hang out at my ledges. Might be a bad example to pick.

Owen Wilson is cool.
Same with Christian Slater even though he bit his style from Jack Nicholson.

Slash is cooler. He pissed on the king of pop 3x. Lets give slash a pro model with a branded snake top ply.
(A)pl(E)

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4204 on: January 27, 2020, 06:11:58 AM »

I think it depends, I'd rather skate with people who want to have fun than try to make a quick buck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4205 on: January 27, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »
I need help
This was left outside for too long i hate square rails. The center of this is the worst. I just front blunted to ass plant trying to teach the trick to a kid fb.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I wish i could trade that stupid fucking thing for a box so bad.

I need an alter to worship properly.

I should cut these up and make like 6 pole jams keep two donate the rest
(A)pl(E)

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4206 on: January 27, 2020, 10:34:00 AM »
be good

always
mArLeY

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #4207 on: January 27, 2020, 09:12:22 PM »
Are there female fillers/photographers in the skateboarding industry? If not, when is that going to be the next move towards diversity inclusion? Generally speaking, why is professional cinematography and photography dominated by men?

cuckflip

« Reply #4208 on: January 27, 2020, 10:32:03 PM »
Are there female fillers/photographers in the skateboarding industry? If not, when is that going to be the next move towards diversity inclusion? Generally speaking, why is professional cinematography and photography dominated by men?
No. Probably because it seems like an awful job that women should be glad they don’t have to do lol (Im not trying to be a dick either, I think it could be cool to see how a woman’s take on a skate video). Some women are doing cool lifestyle/look book stuff for supreme/Alltimers which is much more dignified imo

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4209 on: January 28, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
Making a Samarria Brevard x Tracy Chapman "Fast Car" re-edit

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #4210 on: January 28, 2020, 05:50:04 PM »
If there was a pit, say about 10,000 feet deep, and it was filled about 2/3 of the way up with feathers, and you jumped off a cliff into that pit, would you just slowly slow down as you fell through all of the feathers and survive?

I’ve been thinking about a variant of this for a while. If you jumped off a plane from let’s say 10000 feet and managed to land precisely in a very large vert ramp so that you slide out gradually, could you survive?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4211 on: January 28, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote
If there was a pit, say about 10,000 feet deep, and it was filled about 2/3 of the way up with feathers, and you jumped off a cliff into that pit, would you just slowly slow down as you fell through all of the feathers and survive?
[close]

I’ve been thinking about a variant of this for a while. If you jumped off a plane from let’s say 10000 feet and managed to land precisely in a very large vert ramp so that you slide out gradually, could you survive?

maybe if you're really lubed up in a wing suit and landed on like a mega type wedge. Then hit the very ramp on yer belly like a giant slip and slide.

Crocodile mile.
(A)pl(E)

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #4212 on: January 29, 2020, 08:13:11 AM »
The SARS mask. Is it because the person is sick and doesn't want to spread it around, or is it because they don't want to get sick? 

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4213 on: January 29, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
Aren't we still not for sure how they built the fucking pyramids? Shit is wild. Anyone ever been?

Dr Dew

« Reply #4214 on: January 29, 2020, 02:01:33 PM »
Am I imagining things or was there recently an interview with some pro where he bragged about climbing to the top of one of the pyramids, doing a stationary kickflip on the top of it, going down to the bottom and got his ass beat by local security guards

hmmmokay

« Reply #4215 on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:37 PM »
Am I imagining things or was there recently an interview with some pro where he bragged about climbing to the top of one of the pyramids, doing a stationary kickflip on the top of it, going down to the bottom and got his ass beat by local security guards

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #4216 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:36 AM »
Gnar/kook?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4217 on: January 30, 2020, 06:45:33 AM »
Was just pretty fascinated by this:

This is crazy because you can both look at it as a bad skatepark and, since that qualification is just barely matched (since it's not practically usable as such), as a super-expensive-for-what-it-really-is street spot. They failed so hard, they built a street spot, supposedly the authentic thing, instead of a park, supposedly the imitation. The blurring of the lines is fascinating to me. Always sorry to witness the waste of resources, of course.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4218 on: January 30, 2020, 07:55:43 AM »

This is crazy because you can both look at it as a bad skatepark and, since that qualification is just barely matched (since it's not practically usable as such), as a super-expensive-for-what-it-really-is street spot. They failed so hard, they built a street spot, supposedly the authentic thing, instead of a park, supposedly the imitation. The blurring of the lines is fascinating to me. Always sorry to witness the waste of resources, of course.
What the absolute fucking fuckity fuck is this monstrosity?!  I wonder if it were the mind of a somewhat conscious and intelligent skater who smacked his dome piece too many times and said sure this looks good like this?

Where is this? Has anyone ever skated it? if so I want to see this being skated in real time.
Dueces Bitch's

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4219 on: January 30, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »

hahaha this is truly fascinating, great landings.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4220 on: January 31, 2020, 12:40:19 AM »
Where is this? Has anyone ever skated it? if so I want to see this being skated in real time.

Sao Paulo, Brazil. Some of the locals suspect a money laundering operation, ha...

Now in terms of classic, abstract skatepark design, this one is an old French favorite:

Unfortunately they eventually tore that accidental masterpiece of a pyramid down after over a decade, to make a more skatable one, but the rest of the park is still just as fucked up (I'm so glad those random dudes once made a deliberately shitty edit there):

People just used to not know where to begin when it comes to skatepark construction, some still struggle in certain necks of the wood for a variety of reasons while some others have perfected the art, I really like observing the local differences. Even in my region, there used to be a little skatepark that was built in the 90's according to plans drawn on the wrong scale, so every run-up was three feet tops and you'd land your transition tricks into grass. We've been turning it into a DIY spot for the past year:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:54:37 AM by silhouette »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4221 on: February 01, 2020, 06:45:39 AM »
That front blunt over the thang!
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #4222 on: February 01, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
Exactly how much trouble would someone be in if they cut a stranger’s ponytail of while sitting behind them on the subway or wherever?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4223 on: February 01, 2020, 04:52:06 PM »
Exactly how much trouble would someone be in if they cut a stranger’s ponytail of while sitting behind them on the subway or wherever?

This reminds me of that teacher who got arrested for cutting her students hair.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #4224 on: February 01, 2020, 05:41:02 PM »
In high school we were sitting at a rally and my friends were snipping peoples hair with scissors. Crazy fucks. I seen a dude another time grab a girls hair place gum in it, grab more hair and mash it in. He did it quick, was fucked up. Both deserving of ass beatings.t

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4225 on: February 01, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »
Does a shit smell worse than a fart or a fart worse than a shit? There are many factors that can mask or musk the vile fragrancy of either in any given situation, but has a controlled study been done to objectively determine the most stank?

Sulfuric and skatole compounds could be tested and rated in the gas and scat, but ultimately the sense of smell is subjective. Is stank stinky to fart fanatics or coprophiliacs? Could be a spoiled vs fine wine scenario.

Personally, I’ve gotta go with shit. It stinks! Often. However, I also believe farts are potentially more lethal in essence.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #4226 on: February 02, 2020, 06:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This reminds me of that teacher who got arrested for cutting her students hair.

Woah, haha.  Menopause is no joke.  :-\
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4227 on: February 03, 2020, 06:08:56 AM »
Is there such thing as keto pizza? Also, how could one record their own album?

hmmmokay

« Reply #4228 on: February 03, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/fathead-pizza-crust-low-carb-keto-gluten-free-nut-free/

Made this once and in my opinion it wasn't worth the effort.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4229 on: February 03, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/fathead-pizza-crust-low-carb-keto-gluten-free-nut-free/

Made this once and in my opinion it wasn't worth the effort.

I've had cauliflower crust pizza before and it's a very lame substitute. Clown, I'd just go for real pizza on a cheat day if you're dieting.

And for recording an album, we live in an age where there are seriously like a million ways to do it. They've got apps and tiny interfaces that allow you to record music right on your phone. If you've got a mac, you should have garage band already installed. You can use that, or any other software program you find online. You may need an interface depending on what computer you have. or you could go on ebay and buy an old 4 track cassette recorder and be all lo-fi and hip. Just find what you've got access to and give it a try.