Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 576609 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4260 on: February 15, 2020, 10:42:02 PM »
I keep coming back to the thought that ever since I snapped out of the deep depressive state I was once in, I no longer skate as hard as I used to. Maybe it was a mix of deep-seated anger/hatred and depression.
I can’t tell if I was skating so hard just because I wanted to feel something other than suicidal feelings/thoughts or if it truly brought me happiness.
Regardless, I’m bummed that I no longer push myself to my very limits.
     Skating is a good buzz.  You know u need some minor adjustments in ur approach if ur not having fun.  Fun will always win. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4261 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »
anyone else get those "hi this is kevin(proceeds to try to sell you on some bullshit)" voicemails from random area codes?

i must get like three per week sometimes

I get quite a few calls for Steve Davis (I must have signed up for something using the fake same of the former UK snooker champion).
Actually love when they call, have Jerky Boys CD that I put on while they're on speaker and I just listen to them try and sell to a recording.
It's hell funny at times.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4262 on: February 16, 2020, 10:48:27 AM »
it seems poor mental health or mental health disorders are more prevailant then ever right now.

is this a symptom of the modern world where EVERYTHING is broadcast on social media OR are we just more aware of it because of social media?

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #4263 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:12 AM »
it seems poor mental health or mental health disorders are more prevailant then ever right now.

is this a symptom of the modern world where EVERYTHING is broadcast on social media OR are we just more aware of it because of social media?
That's a good question. Probably a bit of both. People might also be more willing to come out with having problems since it's more normalized now

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4264 on: February 16, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »
Today kinda fucking sucked.

I almost want to say Fuck it go full homeless now before spring.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4265 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:57 AM »
I realized today I only feel good when I'm doing things. I don't know if I like myself and my life if I have time to slow down and think about it to much. It's not awful, I'm not awful. I just bum myself the fuck out

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #4266 on: February 17, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »
I realized today I only feel good when I'm doing things. I don't know if I like myself and my life if I have time to slow down and think about it to much. It's not awful, I'm not awful. I just bum myself the fuck out
i think that's normal to some degree. you have to continuously produce in some manner to have inner peace. if you can't relax at the end of the day it's a problem but usually if your mind is restless it's trying to tell you something.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4267 on: February 19, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
Watching Skyfall today I pondered if I would go gay for Daniel Craig...

probably.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

cuckflip

« Reply #4268 on: February 19, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »

I think mental health issues are of a symptom of the modern world period. However, I think social media fueled this weird trauma bonding/contest. It seemed to start with media types jockeying for clout but it has since been picked up by the public at large. You gotta remember this online behavior is really only about a decade old if that!

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4269 on: February 20, 2020, 05:27:28 AM »
Is god an Amoeba?

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #4270 on: February 20, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »
Is god an Amoeba?

Ever played the last boss of "E.V.O. Search for Eden" on SNES.  spoilers... he definitely is
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4271 on: February 21, 2020, 05:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Is god an Amoeba?
[close]

Ever played the last boss of "E.V.O. Search for Eden" on SNES.  spoilers... he definitely is
Thank you slippy.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #4272 on: February 23, 2020, 04:32:07 PM »
I just watched Lost in Translation and realized Jon Miner seems to have been heavily influenced by the song(s?) and general aesthetics of that.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4273 on: February 24, 2020, 06:54:36 AM »
I think my doctor's are trying to kill me.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4274 on: February 25, 2020, 06:28:05 AM »

Why do you think you feel this way? I feel the same way sometimes, like I've never done anything great or that I'm not outstanding at anything. What gets me out of that mindset is reminding myself that I'm probably the only person on earth who has those thoughts about me. I guarantee nobody else out there is sitting around thinking "JB has never done anything spectular. He's the most boring, ordinary person ever. What a waste of space." Everyone is too busy worrying about themselves to spend their time worrying about my mediocrity. A super small percentage of the human population ever does anything extraordinary and the likeliness that everyone will be like that is so small, so don't beat yourself up if you're not the most amazing person ever. You said you're not awful, I think that should be good enough.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4275 on: February 25, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »
Is it me? or Others? I have a hard time making friends. I don't want to change who I am. I am usually quite until tempted. I don't like talking politics but if I hear some idiot mouthing off I usually correct him. I lost another friend this week, well it wasn't my fault I suppose she just said she couldn't talk anymore which really fucked with me because I found a good person to be friends with.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4276 on: February 25, 2020, 09:52:21 AM »
Is it me? or Others? I have a hard time making friends. I don't want to change who I am. I am usually quite until tempted. I don't like talking politics but if I hear some idiot mouthing off I usually correct him. I lost another friend this week, well it wasn't my fault I suppose she just said she couldn't talk anymore which really fucked with me because I found a good person to be friends with.

https://jamesclear.com/why-facts-dont-change-minds
Give this a read. Some good things to think about.

I thought this part particularly applied to what you said about political ideas:
Your time is better spent championing good ideas than tearing down bad ones. Don't waste time explaining why bad ideas are bad. You are simply fanning the flame of ignorance and stupidity.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4277 on: February 25, 2020, 12:27:47 PM »
Is anybody who was am on Legacy skateboards still alive?

Nevermind, forgot Andrew Allen was on there too
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:32:35 PM by childhood »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1220
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4278 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:57 PM »
Has anyone ever called Hakeem Olajuwon Hascream Olajuwon at a Halloween party?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #4279 on: February 25, 2020, 04:01:43 PM »

Scary situation to be in
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

no name cargos plug

« Reply #4280 on: February 25, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »
Ain’t no doctor risking his/her career to kill off some random crust punk. Just kidding but not really..

Saint Coke

« Reply #4281 on: February 25, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought this part particularly applied to what you said about political ideas:
Expand Quote
Your time is better spent championing good ideas than tearing down bad ones. Don't waste time explaining why bad ideas are bad. You are simply fanning the flame of ignorance and stupidity.
[close]
I enjoy when you reply. It's often wholesome.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4282 on: February 26, 2020, 05:24:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I enjoy when you reply. It's often wholesome.

Thanks. I feel the same way about you, man.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4283 on: February 26, 2020, 08:50:36 AM »
I really want to go back to skating vulcanized shoes, but the lack of padding and any impact support has me apprehensive. I miss the way my tricks felt when skating Cons CTAS Pros, but they were really starting to hurt the balls of my feet especially when the Lunarlon started to flatten out. :( What's a boy to do, Pals? Just get some orthopedic insoles and give it a whirl?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -328
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4284 on: February 27, 2020, 09:06:36 AM »
Whenever you take off on a run and you comeback to the smell of your favorite food being cooked but not offered?

I mean am I wrong to feel a bit butthurt especially if it’s my food being cooked.

It seems like they waited for me to leave and if I say anything about it like hey I am glad y’all made food for yourselves off my shit buttttttt not leave me anything or offer?!
Dueces Bitch's

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #4285 on: February 27, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
Whenever you take off on a run and you comeback to the smell of your favorite food being cooked but not offered?

I mean am I wrong to feel a bit butthurt especially if it’s my food being cooked.

It seems like they waited for me to leave and if I say anything about it like hey I am glad y’all made food for yourselves off my shit buttttttt not leave me anything or offer?!
i thought it was just people on here who couldn't stand you. but in all seriousness, you get back the vibes you put out so maybe you made everyone nervous and scared to ask for food but when you leave they get to eat. house guest is an awkward place to be in.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Pippi Schlongstocking

« Reply #4286 on: February 27, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »
After focusing my last Slap account cause I wasn't really using it much. I realized coming back that I was right in ignoring the people I did on my last account.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #4287 on: February 27, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »
I really want to go back to skating vulcanized shoes, but the lack of padding and any impact support has me apprehensive. I miss the way my tricks felt when skating Cons CTAS Pros, but they were really starting to hurt the balls of my feet especially when the Lunarlon started to flatten out. :( What's a boy to do, Pals? Just get some orthopedic insoles and give it a whirl?

a set of FPs is all you need chief.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4288 on: February 27, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are they really that good?? I've been curious about them since their inception.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #4289 on: February 27, 2020, 02:48:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Are they really that good?? I've been curious about them since their inception.

I think they are.
my buddy had been telling me to get some insoles for years but i was skeptical. I had a really thin pair of State vulcs and my feet were aching after every skate, I saw a pair of FPs going half price so i thought fuck it and got 'em and i shit you not man, i went from sore feet skating flat to jumping down stairs again.