Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575051 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5010 on: July 21, 2021, 09:39:31 AM »
I’m not religious but it should be enough to just self identify as Jewish

I don't think it's that simple. Jewish is both an ethnic group and a religion. You can have Jewish DNA (e.g., Ashkenazi or Sephardic) and that's how racism against Jewish people can exist (anti-Semitism). You can also practice the religion of the Jews, Judaism. So you can have ethnically Jewish people who don't practice Judaism, and non-ethnically Jewish people who do. I asked the question because I was wondering what the laws or rules are among fully ethnically and religiously Jewish people for this kind of thing, being that it seems fairly complicated.

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5011 on: July 21, 2021, 11:58:18 AM »
I've heard you need a Jewish mom to be considered Jewish by certain Jewish people. I've also heard a woman say that because her dad was Jewish, and her mom not, a lot of people didn't consider her Jewish. But would this woman's kids be considered Jewish since their mom is half-Jewish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp7UXrMoNjE&list=OLAK5uy_l5cCc2pXkpxL-AZo_QWdAdXumOq-cJYPU&index=2

Starting around 5 minutes.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5012 on: July 21, 2021, 03:52:11 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m not religious but it should be enough to just self identify as Jewish
[close]

I don't think it's that simple. Jewish is both an ethnic group and a religion. You can have Jewish DNA (e.g., Ashkenazi or Sephardic) and that's how racism against Jewish people can exist (anti-Semitism). You can also practice the religion of the Jews, Judaism. So you can have ethnically Jewish people who don't practice Judaism, and non-ethnically Jewish people who do. I asked the question because I was wondering what the laws or rules are among fully ethnically and religiously Jewish people for this kind of thing, being that it seems fairly complicated.

I agree bro, I was just trying to create a shitstorm
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5013 on: July 22, 2021, 06:34:05 AM »
samsara the wheel of life death and rebirth. wheels on the bus go round and round

shlutttmongerer

• Rep: 0
  • he\she\we\them\they\it\me\heshe
« Reply #5014 on: July 22, 2021, 01:15:02 PM »
why does Eric Koston waste a spot at BATB every year to not try & laugh about bailing a varial heel

sketchyrider

« Reply #5015 on: July 23, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »
Pondering sobriety. Would we all be better off if we were just sober all the time? I smoked a shit ton of weed for a while, kinda regret it cause it was a handicap and cost a lot of money. It was like a phone bill, expensive but I didn't really question it.

Sometimes though I want to feel some sort of buzz at the end of the day. Wondering if that's normal and healthy or just a crutch, some leftover feeling from years of being stoned. A little beer ain't so bad but messes with sleep and makes you fat. There's kratom but that's kinda a weird gas station legal high that mimics an opiate. And there's always good ol weed but I wonder if I'd just fall into old habits again.

Anything stronger is just for dabbling at most, ain't nobody functioning on the hard shit for long. Can't really be doing psychs on the reg either unless you're a real astronaut.

shlutttmongerer

« Reply #5016 on: July 23, 2021, 11:08:28 AM »
Pondering sobriety. Would we all be better off if we were just sober all the time? I smoked a shit ton of weed for a while, kinda regret it cause it was a handicap and cost a lot of money. It was like a phone bill, expensive but I didn't really question it.

Sometimes though I want to feel some sort of buzz at the end of the day. Wondering if that's normal and healthy or just a crutch, some leftover feeling from years of being stoned. A little beer ain't so bad but messes with sleep and makes you fat. There's kratom but that's kinda a weird gas station legal high that mimics an opiate. And there's always good ol weed but I wonder if I'd just fall into old habits again.

Anything stronger is just for dabbling at most, ain't nobody functioning on the hard shit for long. Can't really be doing psychs on the reg either unless you're a real astronaut.

stop abusing drugs & enjoy them instead.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #5017 on: July 23, 2021, 12:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just thinking about the phrase to "to tear someone a new one" - not exactly what's in the quotations, but you know what I mean, the idea of tearing someone a new arsehole. it's quite mainstream lingo, but what a savage, gruesome and grotesque concept... that's all.
[close]

Makes it sound hella easy, too. Like, I’m just going to rip a hole and it’s going to be your new butthole. It’s gotta be more complicated than that. You’d have to re-wire the whole butt tube to make the new hole a butthole, otherwise, it’s just a hole.
[close]

Re-wiring butt tubes. I like where your brain went.
[close]

Nah deg, assholes rip like tissue paper, and one anal fissure is all you really need to develop a big ol’ anal fistula.

Yeah, but that's not tearing a new one, it's just tearing the old one and making it bigger. For a new one, you'd def need a re-wire.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5018 on: July 23, 2021, 01:13:17 PM »

Kratom is amazing and not just some fluffy legal high. It's a huge shame that people really want to use it to treat their opiate addictions but it's not legal in many countries.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5019 on: July 23, 2021, 09:07:44 PM »
glad i dropped out of college

Pennybabie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #5020 on: July 24, 2021, 04:56:30 AM »
I can't stop thinking about this move anyone know what it's called? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XxhZ_-Dg8&t=41s

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5021 on: July 26, 2021, 08:27:44 AM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5022 on: July 27, 2021, 12:38:03 AM »
As far as we know, all the matter and energy that make up every single atom in our bodies has been around since the Big Bang and will, presumably, be around until the universe evaporates due to complete heat death.  Pretty fucked up if you think about it.

There’s also some quote that says (paraphrasing) that our thoughts and consciousness is the universe becoming aware of itself.  Also kind of spooky.  To me anyways.

Actually pretty much everything about the universe is fucking freaky, come to think of it.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shlutttmongerer

« Reply #5023 on: July 27, 2021, 02:05:38 PM »
If China got hit by a meteor and it wiped out half the population, would they try to blame the USA for that some way.

mushroom slice

« Reply #5024 on: July 27, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »
Homie if China got hit by a meteorite big enough to kill half the people living there we would all die too. The ash and debris in the sky from an impact that big would likely block the sun out for years not to mention the tsunamis and earthquakes that would come after and just like the giant lizard chicken things that ruled this planet for millions of years before the monkeys learned to talk we would be ghosts.  Or if you did make it through all the chaos immediately after the world would be some sort of mad max scenario. Master blaster vats of pig shit and raggedy man.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5025 on: July 27, 2021, 03:53:31 PM »
getting hungry is a bitch. in the future theyll prob just invent a capsule where youre good for 5+ days after taking it. pleasures from taste might even be more of a recreational function thing at the touch of a button without digestion etc. not that i would even want that necessarily

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #5026 on: July 27, 2021, 04:12:30 PM »
getting hungry is a bitch. in the future theyll prob just invent a capsule where youre good for 5+ days after taking it. pleasures from taste might even be more of a recreational function thing at the touch of a button without digestion etc. not that i would even want that necessarily

did you ponder this after meeting mr malto ?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5027 on: July 27, 2021, 04:41:59 PM »
lmao no

mushroom slice

« Reply #5028 on: July 27, 2021, 04:48:37 PM »
i was learning about the bardo and how there are 49 days between death and rebirth and during this time your consciousness travels through these different bardos but i was wondering what the bardos was in? what is that space? can we go there? whats that like?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5029 on: July 28, 2021, 05:25:17 AM »
if thats like purgatory before reincarnation whats the point anyway if fuckers forget their past lives

think im gonna stop smoking weed completely for a while after the rest of this bag. i wanna improve self control

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #5030 on: July 28, 2021, 05:52:43 AM »
It is impossible to think of a color you've never seen

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #5031 on: July 28, 2021, 06:43:21 AM »
I can't stop thinking about this move anyone know what it's called? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XxhZ_-Dg8&t=41s

A triple backflip?

(Time stamp it.)
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5032 on: July 29, 2021, 10:46:52 AM »
Who is KB?

Bozo Dubbed Over

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5033 on: July 29, 2021, 10:53:04 AM »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5034 on: July 29, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
Thanks a lot. Sometimes I feel old.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5035 on: July 29, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »
nazino cannibal island. its where stalin would send some of the undesireables. check out some of the short docs on youtube. gnarly stuff

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5036 on: July 29, 2021, 03:20:18 PM »
nazino cannibal island. its where stalin would send some of the undesireables. check out some of the short docs on youtube. gnarly stuff

Fuck
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5037 on: July 31, 2021, 04:53:20 AM »
pigsty optimism

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5038 on: July 31, 2021, 04:56:29 AM »
Nah bro the problem with those meal in a pill concepts is like, you can’t get enough atoms or whatever they’re called in the space of the pill to replace a meal that would fit on a plate because atoms

The best they can do in such a small space is amphetamines and they’re fucking shit
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5039 on: July 31, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
Nah bro the problem with those meal in a pill concepts is like, you can’t get enough atoms or whatever they’re called in the space of the pill to replace a meal that would fit on a plate because atoms

If you took a pill-sized dollop of a neutron star, it’d have more atoms in it than the Pacific Ocean though.  You’d for sure be full.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.