Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 577268 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5040 on: July 31, 2021, 11:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Nah bro the problem with those meal in a pill concepts is like, you can’t get enough atoms or whatever they’re called in the space of the pill to replace a meal that would fit on a plate because atoms
[close]

If you took a pill-sized dollop of a neutron star, it’d have more atoms in it than the Pacific Ocean though.  You’d for sure be full.

But the gravity of such an object!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5041 on: July 31, 2021, 11:51:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nah bro the problem with those meal in a pill concepts is like, you can’t get enough atoms or whatever they’re called in the space of the pill to replace a meal that would fit on a plate because atoms
[close]

If you took a pill-sized dollop of a neutron star, it’d have more atoms in it than the Pacific Ocean though.  You’d for sure be full.
[close]

Yeah you’re not going to want to be the person that uses the bathroom right after the neutron star meal replacement pill guy.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5042 on: July 31, 2021, 12:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah you’re not going to want to be the person that uses the bathroom right after the neutron star meal replacement pill guy.

It’s a recipe for butt spaghetti.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #5043 on: July 31, 2021, 06:13:03 PM »
Brown Star -> Black Hole

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5044 on: August 01, 2021, 12:31:05 PM »
I bet being a 911 operator is a lot more difficult than it seems.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5045 on: August 01, 2021, 05:51:21 PM »
i wouldnt want to do that. high stress low mobility and wrecks empathy

the only thing i know is that i know nothing. just thinking about that quote

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5046 on: August 01, 2021, 10:52:28 PM »
You know how dancers, gymnasts and cheerleaders are expected to smile while doing their routines and moves? What if that happened to skateboarding from contest skating and it being in the olympics, and skaters would be expected to have smiles on their faces while doing crazy tricks and maneuvers?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5047 on: August 01, 2021, 11:18:36 PM »
I bet being a 911 operator is a lot more difficult than it seems.
At least it's safe.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5048 on: August 02, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
feels like a fog has been lifted out of my life. did anyone used to watch daria back in the day

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1371
« Reply #5049 on: August 02, 2021, 06:58:12 PM »
Should I buy Olly Todd’s book of poetry?

Will Vans give Tony Hawk a pro shoe?

Should I create an animated short?

Among other things.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5050 on: August 03, 2021, 06:04:02 AM »
to find meaning in an endless ocean of meaninglessness. and what is the weight of a mere mortal before God. lives are like the flickering lights of a firefly with the angel of death at his command

whats stopping you from making a short animation

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5051 on: August 03, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
BATB 2022: Rad Rat vs Gifted Hater

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5052 on: August 03, 2021, 02:02:32 PM »
BATB 2022: Rad Rat vs Gifted Hater

Haha that would be sick.  Winner would have to face Ben Degros. 

TerryFunk

• Rep: 12
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5053 on: August 04, 2021, 01:40:14 AM »
working on 2 different musical projects; the trouble of it is being a perfectionist drives me insane

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5054 on: August 04, 2021, 10:14:45 AM »
^humble brag

Amanda Knox: The thinking man’s Casey Anthony?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #5055 on: August 04, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »
You can set your LinkedIn profile now to tell people you would rather be followed than connect with people. Some of the people on LinkedIn with their accounts set up this way must be fucking delusional if they think I'm  going to follow their accounts, as if they were important influencers like Warren Buffett or Elon Musk or something. Fucking clowns.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5056 on: August 06, 2021, 04:54:37 AM »
linkedin is the worst. pay attention to the synchronicities in your life

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #5057 on: August 06, 2021, 05:09:11 AM »
Kook me for being more core than thou, but the BaKu is right about rejecting pro idolization and I realize this the more I hang on slap. I just personally can’t be riding around on someone’s name that I don’t know. A pro is stranger. In reference to the daan on homophobia thread that popped of. I just wish more skaters were actually into diy and just screened their own bloards. You’ll never be bummed looking at your bloard if you made it yourself. Stop putting faith on people you don’t know.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5058 on: August 06, 2021, 05:53:12 AM »
^It’s really not that serious; you’re just riding a toy with someone’s name on it, not marrying them.  It’s just saying “I think their skating is rad”, not “I have investigated every facet of this person’s life and have concluded that they have never, nor will they ever hold any opinions that I find morally reprehensible.”

I was pondering that if I were to get murdered in a high-profile case, what photos/videos they would show of me in the documentary.  And what little three sentence blurb they would use to sum up my entire life before they started talking about my killer again. 

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #5059 on: August 06, 2021, 06:25:22 AM »
^It’s really not that serious; you’re just riding a toy with someone’s name on it, not marrying them.  It’s just saying “I think their skating is rad”, not “I have investigated every facet of this person’s life and have concluded that they have never, nor will they ever hold any opinions that I find morally reprehensible.”

I was pondering that if I were to get murdered in a high-profile case, what photos/videos they would show of me in the documentary.  And what little three sentence blurb they would use to sum up my entire life before they started talking about my killer again.
this is where we differ bro. The one “pro” bloard I used to ride. I ended up snorting his ashes at a memorial. Like I need to be connected to my skateboarding because it’s truly the only thing keeping me alive.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5060 on: August 06, 2021, 06:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
this is where we differ bro. The one “pro” bloard I used to ride. I ended up snorting his ashes at a memorial. Like I need to be connected to my skateboarding because it’s truly the only thing keeping me alive.

Wow, I guess it is pretty serious.

Fhk

« Reply #5061 on: August 06, 2021, 06:45:59 AM »

I hope I get hired for that position.

Edit: to be clear I certainly do want not to be the murderer..I just want to find the correct words to sum your life up after your unfortunate, untimely demise.You have given us some gems to work with.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5062 on: August 07, 2021, 05:18:03 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5063 on: August 07, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »
First

I'd like to submit music for the pals video because filming isn't going well. Who do I send the mp3s too?

Second
my musical partner was in slap long ago. It was an article about child musicians.

His band was called "heavy friends" there was a few photos etc. Blink (182) was in the same article. I would luv to find the article to print for him.

If anyone could help me with info on how to find the article that would be so nice.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5064 on: August 09, 2021, 10:49:16 AM »
wretched beautiful world

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #5065 on: August 09, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
The evolution of skunks. It seems as though the turn-and-spray skunks should have been eaten long before they evolved a stinky enough defense and nature should have favored the run-like-hell guys.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5066 on: August 10, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
Elon Musk, a billionaire, is sending a satellite into orbit to blast advertisements at us. How rich would I have to be to get an aerospace engineering firm to build me some drones that can get into orbit so I can space battle the commercial droids? Better yet, what about manned missions? We could be space pirates!

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #5067 on: August 10, 2021, 09:42:51 PM »
trump and his cult stole the american flag .. when are the progressives going to steal that back or is hating your country going to be hot for a while
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5068 on: August 12, 2021, 06:47:49 AM »
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5069 on: August 12, 2021, 07:09:07 AM »
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

How do you figure? I’d say they’re more like the Hoover boards…or those one wheeled thing I see rich people cruising around on while I’m skating the bike paths. I feel like those three wheeled spider things are like the longboards of motorcycles. But that’s just me.