Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 579023 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5430 on: January 28, 2022, 12:50:15 PM »
Think about how much the shoe/sock/glove industries have benefitted from the fact that everything they sell is in pairs.

How many sales have come from losing one glove or one sock or one shoe?  These sock and glove industry jet setter fat cats wouldn’t be so smug if animal biology had went a different path.

We’d all be hopping around like Lowly Worm and their empires built on lost socks would be nothing like they are today.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #5431 on: January 29, 2022, 04:10:56 AM »
Why?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #5432 on: January 29, 2022, 04:13:49 AM »
Think about how much the shoe/sock/glove industries have benefitted from the fact that everything they sell is in pairs.

How many sales have come from losing one glove or one sock or one shoe?  These sock and glove industry jet setter fat cats wouldn’t be so smug if animal biology had went a different path.

We’d all be hopping around like Lowly Worm and their empires built on lost socks would be nothing like they are today.

In particular skate shoes. Would be dope if you could buy single shoes if your switch game is as mediocre as mine.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #5433 on: January 30, 2022, 10:00:19 AM »

How much impact/shock can snow absorb. Or is it the boots or something. How can snowboarders jump off shit so high so easy but skateboards have pretty much maxed out at 25 stairs

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5434 on: January 30, 2022, 10:02:45 AM »

How much impact/shock can snow absorb. Or is it the boots or something. How can snowboarders jump off shit so high so easy but skateboards have pretty much maxed out at 25 stairs
im no expert but i think it's probably split between the snow absorbing shock, as well as the distribution of impact along the entire bottom of the snowboard as opposed to our 4 wheels on concrete

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5435 on: January 31, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
I really like Vincent Alvarez. He seems to care about the stuff I care about. I’m all about doing switch wallies and pole jams. Switch hill bomb if there is a camera involved for sure.

Also my first trick was a fakie big spin. I had no idea what it was called too. Someone told me it was call Ray Barbie shuvit.

I find it interesting that we can be so similar but be like 2000 miles and 20 years apart
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5436 on: February 01, 2022, 02:32:34 PM »
why do people hate flies so much? they can be annoying at times, but they're ultimately harmless (to your body itself, not food). of course i don't know HEAPS about the insect, but i've never heard of someone getting sick or injured by a fly.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

billy english

• Rep: -32
« Reply #5437 on: February 01, 2022, 03:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
im no expert but i think it's probably split between the snow absorbing shock, as well as the distribution of impact along the entire bottom of the snowboard as opposed to our 4 wheels on concrete
speed plays a major role too. it disperses the impact. youll notice if you skate a drop fast then slow. fast is safer.
to guy who said flies dont hurt, i think in africa they do. or is it just tse tse fly?
a comedian once said 'you never see a really tall old guy' and it's fairly rare. kareem abdul jabbar is still w/ us but somehow smaller people have more staying power.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5438 on: February 01, 2022, 03:21:37 PM »
i actually pondered this last night before i fell asleep more than i pondered it today...

skateboard tricks you can't do, but if you're life depended on it you think you could {first try}. Like, i can't hardflip, but if someone took me hostage and was threatening to kill me and all of my loved ones unless i did a hardflip - i reckon i could do a hardflip.
I'm sorry, but that's not how anything works and it would be the last hardflip attempt of your life.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5439 on: February 01, 2022, 03:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
speed plays a major role too. it disperses the impact. youll notice if you skate a drop fast then slow. fast is safer.
to guy who said flies dont hurt, i think in africa they do. or is it just tse tse fly?
a comedian once said 'you never see a really tall old guy' and it's fairly rare. kareem abdul jabbar is still w/ us but somehow smaller people have more staying power.
I'm a tall guy (not NBA/crazy tall just 6'6 I'd say near the begining of tall guy range) so I think about it a fair bit. I think it's especially the heart it's not that much bigger,if at all but has to so much more work. Plus all the extra strain on all your joints etc exercise becomes hard so your general health gets worse.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #5440 on: February 01, 2022, 03:56:37 PM »
why do people hate flies so much? they can be annoying at times, but they're ultimately harmless (to your body itself, not food). of course i don't know HEAPS about the insect, but i've never heard of someone getting sick or injured by a fly.

If you've ever been anywhere where there are swarms of them, they are annoying as fuck. They get in your eyes and nose and everywhere.

I've also been places where there are biting flies, and they cause the itchiest bites that drive you insane.

Also when you get maggots in your bin and you wake up and there are maggots all over your kitchen floor, well that is also shit.

So yeah, I hate flies. But I don't use flyspray or anything, and there's always flies in my house, but still they are annoying as fuck so i hate em.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5441 on: February 01, 2022, 06:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you've ever been anywhere where there are swarms of them, they are annoying as fuck. They get in your eyes and nose and everywhere.

I've also been places where there are biting flies, and they cause the itchiest bites that drive you insane.

Also when you get maggots in your bin and you wake up and there are maggots all over your kitchen floor, well that is also shit.

So yeah, I hate flies. But I don't use flyspray or anything, and there's always flies in my house, but still they are annoying as fuck so i hate em.

You could look at it in an evolutionary way: flies tend to congregate around decaying stuff, stuff that could likely make our ancestors sick if they tried to eat it.  Those individuals that learned to recoil from flies were probably less likely to get sick from eating rancid meat and so they were more likely to survive and pass along that attribute to the next generation.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #5442 on: February 01, 2022, 10:55:46 PM »
Expand Quote
i actually pondered this last night before i fell asleep more than i pondered it today...

skateboard tricks you can't do, but if you're life depended on it you think you could {first try}. Like, i can't hardflip, but if someone took me hostage and was threatening to kill me and all of my loved ones unless i did a hardflip - i reckon i could do a hardflip.
[close]
I'm sorry, but that's not how anything works and it would be the last hardflip attempt of your life.

How philosophic. I had a thought yesterday along the same lines: Trying stuff for the first time is always going to be hard, unless you never try it. Sounds stupid now I typed it but it sounded quite philosophical when I said it, I promise.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5443 on: February 02, 2022, 06:12:56 AM »
I’m looking at Mike Taylor ‘s doppelgänger rn. He sounds just like him too. Guy was making me do extra in class last week. I’m going to tell him I don’t wanna meditate today at all.

PTSD mofos gotta find their own way of meditation and listening to your posi bs makes my heart smash with distrust
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5444 on: February 03, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
If you took away all the furs and fancy leggings and bling, Henry VIII just looks like your run-of-the-mill workaday schmo. I can totally see him behind the counter of a tire shop or something.

I guess you could probably say the same for a lot of royalty throughout history.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5445 on: February 04, 2022, 04:09:46 AM »
In the purge why doesn't anyone just kill people a couple of hours early before they are ready?  the next day there's be thousands of bodies to go thru so there's no way they are bothering to do an autopsy an figure out they died a bit before the purge started.
And they always just let their guard down the minute the purge ends. If someone was crazy enough to kill as if they'd care if they were a couple minutes too late. Some people might even wait until after time just to make things easier.
I guess the people just obey the rules so the movie can work.

billy english

« Reply #5446 on: February 04, 2022, 06:14:03 AM »
In the purge why doesn't anyone just kill people a couple of hours early before they are ready?  the next day there's be thousands of bodies to go thru so there's no way they are bothering to do an autopsy an figure out they died a bit before the purge started.
And they always just let their guard down the minute the purge ends. If someone was crazy enough to kill as if they'd care if they were a couple minutes too late. Some people might even wait until after time just to make things easier.
phone would rat you out.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5447 on: February 04, 2022, 09:22:49 AM »
I’m writing a power violence song called Acab.

All Caucasians Attar Bologna

I’m trying to find this movie sample though or it can’t happen.

In the dialogue this Kid said that all white peoples smells like bologna.

Help me find it please?

(A)pl(E)

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5448 on: February 05, 2022, 12:54:57 AM »
What's up with matty_c? 

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5449 on: February 05, 2022, 11:23:11 AM »
Ive been thinking of building a cinderblock ledge at this ditch spot by my house. My concern though is that the neighbors near by will call the cops and tear down the ledge. Also I have not friends in the area since I just moved so it would be a lot of work for me to build.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #5450 on: February 05, 2022, 12:45:32 PM »
I really liked Donnie P of Pawnshop/hockey fame and a few years ago I’d even say he was one of my favourites. Loved the Chicano cosplay etc.

But then he got fat. And I don’t like him as much.

Does this make me a terrible person?? It’s been playing on my mind quite a bit.

billy english

« Reply #5451 on: February 05, 2022, 03:39:11 PM »
Ive been thinking of building a cinderblock ledge at this ditch spot by my house. My concern though is that the neighbors near by will call the cops and tear down the ledge. Also I have not friends in the area since I just moved so it would be a lot of work for me to build.
they likely won't even notice it. if it's a good ditch you're likely no the first person to put wheels to asphalt. i say go for it, shouldn't cost you but $50 and if they knock it down put it up again somewhere upriver.

gabba ghoul

• Rep: -12
« Reply #5452 on: February 06, 2022, 10:22:46 AM »
a long time ago, there was a guy called 'sex goat' who was fighting all the pros in nyc. he fought billy rohan, he fought jim greco, maybe more. why was he fighting pros? and was he 'sex goat' like shane heyl or 'sex greatest of all time'?

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5453 on: February 06, 2022, 05:12:19 PM »
the purge is one of the least sensical movies out there it seems, for pretty much every reason
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #5454 on: February 07, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In particular skate shoes. Would be dope if you could buy single shoes if your switch game is as mediocre as mine.

you can do this if you're galaxy brained, i once saw a kid at the skatepark skating 2 different shoes and when i asked him why he informed me that he switched one shoe out a time, regardless of whether or not his next shoe would be the same model or even size. if i remember correctly he had 2 different size shoes, one was vans and one was etnies maybe? wild shit.
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5455 on: February 07, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
Watching this show "la brea" (which so far maybe worst acting and CGI ever) which has a big natural disaster and there's a scene where the goodies just reverse their car thru traffic all crazy. I've noticed this in a lot of movies, like we are just supposed to be ok with our protagonists basically killing people to save themselves. Maybe it's the writers subtle way of making people feel ok about being privaledged 

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5456 on: February 08, 2022, 08:42:02 PM »
I like salba. He said some shit that’s all the way sick.

Olson is always going to be the greatest tho.
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5457 on: February 09, 2022, 08:33:10 AM »
Mike v never actually fought anyone, he just kinda attacked people. Then when he decided to get serious instead of learning boxing, karate, any type of actual fighting or even actual wresting he chose to do some budget version of theatrical wrestling.

slapfight simba

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5458 on: February 09, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
yes the truley tough are amateur wrestlers and slap fighters. slap is the ultimate 'give me your best shot' tough.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5459 on: February 13, 2022, 09:49:23 AM »
Mike v never actually fought anyone, he just kinda attacked people. Then when he decided to get serious instead of learning boxing, karate, any type of actual fighting or even actual wresting he chose to do some budget version of theatrical wrestling.
I don't know though. Remember when he got his ass kicked by that hockey player? That was pretty fun.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.