Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 580724 times)

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5520 on: March 20, 2022, 11:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Do any of you have a skin care routine & use a face moisturizer??? My friend recently stayed with me
& she made such a big deal about this. She was so passionate about using a skin moisturizer &  stressed the importance that men totally need to do this as much as women. Seems like a lot of work. She scolded me just for using soap to wash my face in the shower. I also put vitamin e lotion on my face & that’s the extent of my skin care routine
[close]
I have this idea that all the stuff like this is a con and once you start doing it regularly you have to always do it. One time they had this head and shoulders shampoo + conditioner on crazy sale so I just bought like 6 bottles. Now if I don't use it my hair goes all fucked up.
yeah i have the same suspicion, like you build up a tolerance to it.
i've been shampooing every day since forever because noone told me not to until it was too late, and i know its terrible for my hair but it gets greasy as fuck if i dont.

sprained_ankle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #5521 on: March 21, 2022, 08:38:43 AM »
this morning I pondered killing myself but then I rolled a nice spliff and felt better

damn i feel you. hope you doing better.
hi,am new here

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5522 on: March 21, 2022, 09:16:43 AM »

Let’s say hypothetically you read a plaque on college grounds and commit it to memory. Technically speaking you could in turn say you studied there. No?

You knowingly get someone to believe falsely for your benefit. Technically, it’s an immoral lie.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #5523 on: March 21, 2022, 09:33:05 AM »

Expand Quote
Let’s say hypothetically you read a plaque on college grounds and commit it to memory. Technically speaking you could in turn say you studied there. No?
[close]

You knowingly get someone to believe falsely for your benefit. Technically, it’s an immoral lie.

Technically you're correct. I can confidently say so because I studied Effective Personal Ethics for the 21st Century by reading a Dove chocolate wrapper at Berkeley.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #5524 on: March 21, 2022, 09:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Technically you're correct. I can confidently say so because I studied Effective Personal Ethics for the 21st Century by reading a Dove chocolate wrapper at Berkeley.

What come?

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5525 on: March 21, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What come?

Okay, you got me.  :(

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5526 on: March 21, 2022, 03:23:45 PM »
there is no way that helen keller was real
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5527 on: March 22, 2022, 03:07:23 AM »

Not only was she real, she was a total freak in the sack.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5528 on: March 22, 2022, 10:23:52 AM »
today I pondered the mental gymnastics one must go through when they're on a, 'spiritual journey free of ego,' but all they display is their ego and how it controls their life...

for example, this new chick started working at my office who is undeniably (physically) attractive and sports a name given to her by her, "guru," in India. This chick bills herself as someone who's on a spiritual pursuit of enlightenment, someone who isn't shallow, just, ya know lyke, God bro... yet all I see is someone who wrestles with their old habits (like using her sexuality to get what she wants) and what she WANTS to present herself as... and all I can see is the pain it causes her.

I don't wish spiritual pain on her, or anyone for that matter, by any means, but this chick is bad news bears, and could seriously put my job in jeopardy.

I pray for her.

judge not, lest ye be judged playboy

Brguy

« Reply #5529 on: March 22, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do any of you have a skin care routine & use a face moisturizer??? My friend recently stayed with me
& she made such a big deal about this. She was so passionate about using a skin moisturizer &  stressed the importance that men totally need to do this as much as women. Seems like a lot of work. She scolded me just for using soap to wash my face in the shower. I also put vitamin e lotion on my face & that’s the extent of my skin care routine
[close]
I have this idea that all the stuff like this is a con and once you start doing it regularly you have to always do it. One time they had this head and shoulders shampoo + conditioner on crazy sale so I just bought like 6 bottles. Now if I don't use it my hair goes all fucked up.
[close]
i've been shampooing every day since forever because noone told me not to until it was too late, and i know its terrible for my hair but it gets greasy as fuck if i dont.
Depends on hair size, I shaved my head really short and it gets greasy pretty fast like yours, but when I had long hair it took a few days, depending on the weather. It also got really dry sometimes because I can't be skating everyday and washing my hair every 2 or 3 days, it would be disgusting.

Expand Quote
today I pondered the mental gymnastics one must go through when they're on a, 'spiritual journey free of ego,' but all they display is their ego and how it controls their life...

for example, this new chick started working at my office who is undeniably (physically) attractive and sports a name given to her by her, "guru," in India. This chick bills herself as someone who's on a spiritual pursuit of enlightenment, someone who isn't shallow, just, ya know lyke, God bro... yet all I see is someone who wrestles with their old habits (like using her sexuality to get what she wants) and what she WANTS to present herself as... and all I can see is the pain it causes her.

I don't wish spiritual pain on her, or anyone for that matter, by any means, but this chick is bad news bears, and could seriously put my job in jeopardy.

I pray for her.
[close]

I think it's safe to say people on a self proclaimed "spiritual journey" are the ones judging and being judged for it.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #5530 on: March 22, 2022, 04:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not only was she real, she was a total freak in the sack.
A lady in the streets though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5531 on: March 22, 2022, 04:35:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Depends on hair size, I shaved my head really short and it gets greasy pretty fast like yours, but when I had long hair it took a few days, depending on the weather. It also got really dry sometimes because I can't be skating everyday and washing my hair every 2 or 3 days, it would be disgusting.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I pray for her.
[close]

[close]
I think it's safe to say people on a self proclaimed "spiritual journey" are the ones judging and being judged for it.

is it safe to say that? this is a person you’re hearing about like fourth hand lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:46:55 PM by life is a hell ride »

Brguy

« Reply #5532 on: March 22, 2022, 05:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I pray for her.
[close]

[close]
[close]

is it safe to say that? this is a person you’re hearing about like fourth hand lol
Just think about it, if someone can't stick to the usual social rules and moral code how would they plan on sticking to a spiritual journey kind of deal? Unless they're into satanism or some shit it's more likely that they're just pretending to act like they have a certain moral high ground, which could conclude to being a judgmental "I'm never in the wrong" type of person. And yeah, it might be something based on fourth hand info, but who cares anyway? It's all the info we have, at this point the conversation is more about this concept of a person than the specific one.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #5533 on: March 22, 2022, 07:14:40 PM »
I thought about all the times i ignored someone who in the long run was correct. Fuck them!, but for real im a asshole for not listening.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5534 on: March 22, 2022, 07:59:58 PM »
What is the best way to keep one's asshole clean?

I feel like every now and again, I'll take a shit, everything seems clean, and then I've got to go back to the bathroom just to make sure my asshole is clean like an hour or two later.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5535 on: March 23, 2022, 05:39:11 AM »
I’m thinking about hopping on a bus to LA for a few days. Get a house sitter for my cats.

If I went to la I would try and find Vincent Alvarez maybe. Id like to try and switch wallie some stuff with him.
That’s my absolute favorite maneuver. He’s my favorite LA skater I think. He’s definitely the one I think of most. He has the maneuvers I dig. He has a static part. He’s the real deal. If there’s one thing in skateboarding I wish I got it would be a static part. To me that’s the coolest thing someone can say in skateboarding.  I have a static part.

Id even ride some little ass wheels if I was in California. Or try. I’m on 58s again. I love going fast but in la I noticed I think more about how many tries something takes.

I wanna go back to where Belmont Tunnel was near the court house. I know it’s gone but I wanna see with my own eyes.
I wanna fakie line at the court house. I would not film it. The court house is not street skateboarding anymore. Id get someone to help me get a photo of an invert on the stage. I probably can’t manny it anymore. That might make me cry.
I want to See the building my uncle Dan lives in. I’ve only seen videos of him going up the escalator. His building has an extremely detailed metal wall that goes along the side of the escalator. It’s thousands of stacked muscle men cut into the wall. Like rows and rows and rows. It’s kind of like a pyramid but it’s the whole wall not in the shape of pyramid but stacked like one.
My mom told me it’s a skyscraper dt. He’s mad rich but I wouldn’t ask for anything.

I want to sleep on the beach and get half a sunburn in the morning. I want to surf if I can still swim.

Then I’d just skate curbs and eat burritos all day.

I got Steve Olson’s number. Probably changed it because it was given out during a live stream contest but
   I’d ask if I can come by and get a photo of us together for my mom.

Id skate down sunset to look at what I first skated in 91 if it’s still there idk idc. Catch a comedy show maybe a punk show. Look for a mic

Then I’m going to rancho to see my family.  I love rancho. I would head to mammoth and Reno.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5536 on: March 23, 2022, 07:19:10 AM »

I feel like every now and again, I'll take a shit, everything seems clean, and then I've got to go back to the bathroom just to make sure my asshole is clean like an hour or two later.

Bidet, you'll never go back. They're ~$25 dollars and take 10 mins to install.  ;)

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5537 on: March 23, 2022, 04:02:22 PM »

undoubtedly a bidet, but for uncultured folks such as myself i just shit (and wipe) before i shower (when possible) and rinse in there
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5538 on: March 23, 2022, 04:30:26 PM »
American politics is just primitive us-versus-them bullshit. People who don't benefit in any way devote their time/money/energy to douchebags who make almost 200k a year. Politicians should earn minimum wage and maybe get Kinko's stipends for their stupid posters.

Having said that, I find it interesting that the group who bitches about, "cancel culture," actively bans books and are trying to ban teaching of post-slavery history in America. Simultaneously, state legislatures are passing voting bills that are reminiscent of Jim Crow laws in the past. Both sides like calling each others Nazis, but let's not forget that Nazi policies, leading up to the Holocaust, were heavily inspired by Jim Crow policies.

The people who make fun of political correctness call their batshit-insane beliefs, "alternative facts."

I need to do something fulfilling career-wise that requires critical thinking, so I don't end up in a grind of working/drinking/believing in weird shit.

Humans are meant to be physical and cognitive. Exercising helps satisfy the physical part but people often work jobs where they aren't really using their brain. Since, they don't use critical thinking, they start diving into conspiracy theories or counterfactuals, which can't be proven or disproved. Their brains are releasing endorphins as if they are learning when they're just consuming bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 04:37:39 PM by SchizophrenicFatBoy »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #5539 on: March 24, 2022, 07:38:13 AM »
If it was Berra that broke his leg instead of hawk would anyone feel the same. Iike would anyone even have anything positive to say at all.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #5540 on: March 24, 2022, 08:05:35 AM »
My boss wants to send me on a job that would require being away from home from
Mon-Fri for 2-3 weeks.  Travel isn’t normally a job requirement for me, and his offer of a meal allowance and “extra hours” isn’t a motivator for me whatsoever.  I emailed him earlier saying I could, but it would be challenging for me and my family, and asked if we could possibly discuss an added incentive for this extended travel.  I ponder if he’ll hook me up, or tell me to go fuck myself.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5541 on: March 24, 2022, 06:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You might be on to something. Feel the same way about ChapStick. Major con

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GD7R3KP/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_E2DZK541ZXZ60DZ8R7A1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GD1NSZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FF91W2E2D38MGNA8A85T

This is what my wife got me and I notice a pretty big difference in my face. I've got pretty bad dry skin and with the first stuff I don't really the itchy flaky skin like I normally do. The second stuff is for the shower. I don't use it every time, but if I notice I'm getting kinda crusty, that stuff will clean it really good.

I've also carried chapstick in my pocket for most of my life, so what do I know?

I pondered why sagging ones pants was ever a thing. That's gotta be the dumbest look of all time.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5542 on: March 24, 2022, 06:49:31 PM »
Are there more hard things or soft things in the world?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5543 on: March 27, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
When's @grimcity going to release another stream?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5544 on: March 27, 2022, 11:07:38 AM »

This is probably the only cop I don’t dislike that I’ve never met.

I’m not cool cool with any cops. There’s a few that proved they was not typical Trash but it took them a long time to do so.
I believe in street justice so long as it’s actually just.

This cop has been busting sex offenders and human traffickers like woah!! I back this all the way. Get the scum out of here yesterday put them in gen pop
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5545 on: March 28, 2022, 10:01:48 AM »
How do you learn how to dance?

I am approaching thirty and would love to be able dance with friends at bars and weddings without having to be hammered to have the confidence.

I grew up in a family that never dances... I would love to break that cycle

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5546 on: March 28, 2022, 10:33:40 AM »
Why would people believe that a virgin gave birth ~2000 years ago, if no one in the present would believe a pregnant woman who claims to be a virgin?

SchizophrenicFatBoy

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.