Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 577221 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5760 on: September 29, 2022, 05:57:28 PM »
Made me think of such a great scene on the subject…

Haha I actually thought about that movie when I was typing the post.  I haven’t seen it in forever, but I remember it being absolutely gut-wrenching when I watched it as a kid. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

m path

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #5761 on: October 08, 2022, 07:28:37 PM »
Maybe gifted hater is running for president?
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

SJW1000

• Rep: -21
« Reply #5762 on: October 09, 2022, 01:22:20 AM »
If there was a reliable psychological assessment (maybe it does already exist?) to predetermine who's the kind of man capable of doing what that piece of shit did to Anna Kruse and her little boy, how high would be their ratio in the police, the army, in silicon valley, in the Nasdaq Top100?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5763 on: October 09, 2022, 05:18:46 PM »
Is Eyes Wide Shut technical a Christmas movie?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #5764 on: October 09, 2022, 05:31:00 PM »
There's two categories for a Christmas movie. Movies specifically about Christmas and movies set in Christmas time that may or may not be about Christmas.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5765 on: October 09, 2022, 05:37:39 PM »
There's two categories for a Christmas movie. Movies specifically about Christmas and movies set in Christmas time that may or may not be about Christmas.

Says who?  Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5766 on: October 09, 2022, 06:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Says me I guess. Haven't watched die hard in forever but is it an office Christmas party where it takes place? I'd say it's category b set at Christmas and the theme of Christmas is in it but it's not specifically about Christmas like a category A movie.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5767 on: October 09, 2022, 07:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Says me I guess. Haven't watched die hard in forever but is it an office Christmas party where it takes place? I'd say it's category b set at Christmas and the theme of Christmas is in it but it's not specifically about Christmas like a category A movie.

[close]

I mean, who’s to say it’s not an allegory about the Nativity?

-

For people in the US where drug companies are allowed to advertise, what’s with these super vague pharmaceutical commercials where they don’t even say what the fuck it does?

It’ll just be like some lady running through a meadow or some guy reading on his couch and then looking up and smiling and then some voice says “Ask your doctor about Ploxanil” or whatever.  It could literally be about anything.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #5768 on: October 09, 2022, 10:02:40 PM »
Why isn't it normal to have a sink right next to the front door? I get houses in general predate indoor plumbing by hundreds of years but we've had running water for what 100-120 years? Why do I have to walk all the way thru a house to wash my hands? Or to water plants Ive gotta do twenty trips in and out with a jug of water. If I had a tap on the outside and a working sink just on the inside it would all be fine.

Growing up, my dad’s laundry room was right at the front door and it had a deep heavy duty plastic sink. Didn’t really appreciate that when I was younger

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5769 on: October 15, 2022, 06:10:36 AM »
Why doesn’t professional chess just bite the bullet and adapt with the times?  I think any logical observer can see that the obvious conclusion after millennia of human chess-playing is that the only way we can guarantee against cheating is that:

A) all high level chess must be played naked, and
B) a live, high-definition, picture-in-picture video feed of the inside of both players rectums must always be visible

I think everyone will get used to it after a few months.  We’ll think back to a time when we couldn’t watch a player’s heart beat through the capillaries inside his or her anus and wonder how we ever played chess without it.

And just so we aren’t cruel, we can maybe give them translucent raincoats to wear if it’s especially cold in the building. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5770 on: October 17, 2022, 03:41:11 AM »
Dylan threads got me thinking about what if gravis didn't go out of business and the ripple effect it would of had.
Have to assume if gravis kept going it meant burton didn't shit the bed and analog and Quiksilver would of kept going along with quik shoes Reese Forbes and David Clark and probably expanded that. Alien and habitat wouldn't of gone thru those weird hiccups so that means no GT on AH no doom sayers or quasi. Austyn and Alex Olson probably would of got on gravis maybe Danny Garcia, dela, marius instead of habitat.
Arto and tom k wouldn't have gone to nb and perhaps more importantly no Russell Houghton to get all that shit going.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 05:29:40 AM by Mean salto »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #5771 on: October 17, 2022, 05:17:54 AM »

“Go” is an underrated movie and belongs in the later category. 

My third category would be “movies that feel right to watch in December/winter”.   The Prestige is in my list for that

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5772 on: October 18, 2022, 07:10:53 AM »
Bongbong Marcos: Best name of a current world leader?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5773 on: October 18, 2022, 10:15:13 AM »
I'm taking a few days off board.

I got everything going for my next ride. About to put it together tonight. But I gotta let my body heel.

My brain is getting worse with every head hit I receive.

It's impossible for me to quit skating tho. I'm going to roll till death
Also I want to live forever rn too

Gotta take care of this body
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5774 on: October 20, 2022, 02:53:57 AM »
It's weird how the military just kinda decided a hundred years ago is how they'll dress forever. Not the day to day stuff obviously but like watching the queen's funeral and any formal thing they're all going full on olde timey.

Also the suit jacket has to be one of the dumbest designed priced of clothing that we just accepted is the way it is. It's ok that the shoulders are designed in a way that totally restrict movement and if the wearer does move their arms the entire thing lifts or folds all weird people barely ever have to move their arms...

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5775 on: October 20, 2022, 01:35:16 PM »
the personal implications of how certain i am of the degree of genuine satisfaction, that i would derive from having an opportunity to actually put my hands on the cowardly fucking little piece of shit who almost hustled my aunt--who is in her seventies and worked nearly 40 years of her life--out of tens of thousands of dollars through one of those Zelle scams going on right now. the stress and anxiety of dealing with this almost put her in the hospital recently, and is as much a form of terrorism as anything else that designation is used to convey...

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5776 on: October 20, 2022, 05:48:22 PM »
It's weird how the military just kinda decided a hundred years ago is how they'll dress forever. Not the day to day stuff obviously but like watching the queen's funeral and any formal thing they're all going full on olde timey.

Also the suit jacket has to be one of the dumbest designed priced of clothing that we just accepted is the way it is. It's ok that the shoulders are designed in a way that totally restrict movement and if the wearer does move their arms the entire thing lifts or folds all weird people barely ever have to move their arms...

If I’m recalling the details correctly, the formal togas that Roman senators wore were these enormous 20 ft long pieces of fabric that they had to have helpers fold really intricately and they had to keep their left arm raised up at a particular angle while they walked so the whole thing didn’t fall apart.  Plus, no pockets.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5777 on: October 20, 2022, 09:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If I’m recalling the details correctly, the formal togas that Roman senators wore were these enormous 20 ft long pieces of fabric that they had to have helpers fold really intricately and they had to keep their left arm raised up at a particular angle while they walked so the whole thing didn’t fall apart.  Plus, no pockets.
You just destroyed my preconceived notion of the toga being a light breezy utilitarian garb that no one would have any real complaints about. What’s next, the Scots actually wear underwear under their kilts?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5778 on: October 20, 2022, 10:17:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You just destroyed my preconceived notion of the toga being a light breezy utilitarian garb that no one would have any real complaints about. What’s next, the Scots actually wear underwear under their kilts?
Toga=dumb
Tunic= long overdue for a comeback

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5779 on: October 21, 2022, 05:44:05 AM »
Do the actors who do movies for tubi or Syfy think it's going to lead to something better or are they just like fuck it, it's a gig. spose it worked for Emilia Clarke.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5780 on: October 21, 2022, 06:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

There were varieties that were way simpler and probably quite breezy.  I’m just talking about the fancy formal ones.  Look at all the shit that’s going on with them.  If he droops his left arm, that thing is turning into a puddle:

m path

« Reply #5781 on: October 22, 2022, 05:48:49 PM »
I'm on the east coast -the sunsets the last month or two have been crazy.  All time.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5782 on: October 23, 2022, 10:30:35 PM »
Skateboarding is really weird. Like the things we use to measure skill stairs, handrails, picnic tables, benches, garbage bins. Skating on or over a picnic table is kinda stupid when you think about it. Guess it doesn't matter.

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #5783 on: October 23, 2022, 11:30:39 PM »
Skateboarding is really weird. Like the things we use to measure skill stairs, handrails, picnic tables, benches, garbage bins. Skating on or over a picnic table is kinda stupid when you think about it. Guess it doesn't matter.

stupid is jumping the Great Wall of China. Or conquering the loop-the-loop which is cooler but still a stupid circus stunt.

When this controversy started I wondered if someone could Ollie two tables stacked going over the shorter way but it quickly came off tacky to me.
It’s contrived.
the table in its natural state is a perfect object.
The seats add an extra bit of difficulty getting into a grind or slide on the top while the height is enough to prove your hops for manuals.
Love seeing the progression of tricks over the width.
Keenan’s switch flip could be my favorite clip.

It’s awesome to see our minds blown by simply going over one lengthwise. Is it possible to nollie?

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5784 on: October 23, 2022, 11:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

stupid is jumping the Great Wall of China. Or conquering the loop-the-loop which is cooler but still a stupid circus stunt.

When this controversy started I wondered if someone could Ollie two tables stacked going over the shorter way but it quickly came off tacky to me.
It’s contrived.
the table in its natural state is a perfect object.
The seats add an extra bit of difficulty getting into a grind or slide on the top while the height is enough to prove your hops for manuals.
Love seeing the progression of tricks over the width.
Keenan’s switch flip could be my favorite clip.

It’s awesome to see our minds blown by simply going over one lengthwise. Is it possible to nollie?
Pretty sure Pat rakestraw did the double table way back but possibly had a bump assist. What's weirder about the table vs say stairs is there's nothing else to it. There's no a to b element of I'm skating to a place and there just happens to be some stairs and rather than get off and walk I can just Ollie them, then to show even more skill do a trick. The table is I'm going into a school just specifically to skate a table. But I guess that's how everybody really skates everything.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5785 on: October 25, 2022, 10:02:21 AM »
I been looking at the new NFS. It's only available for ps5. That's a bummer. I wanted to establish dominance immediately.

There's no way I could ever justify buying a ps5. But if it was Ishod in the game with a dope ass BMW instead of ASAP Rocky I might try harder to get one.

I'm so not apart of that world. I doubt I've ever heard ASAP.

No other BMW owner on earth is as cool as Ishod imo. He would have been perfect in this game.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5786 on: October 27, 2022, 09:20:48 PM »
How much time do people with 6-pack abs spend staring at them in the mirror? 

Watching the way the light dances over the peaks, the shadows of which flood the valleys in darkness.  Whole civilizations, vast, multi-generational dynasties of microbes rising and falling have called the foothills of those ab muscles home……..

……..Over or under a combined one hour per week?

For the vast majority of people, they didn’t just acquire them by accident… they’re investing a lot of time and effort and borderline agony into those bad boys, so you’d have to assume that they would consider them to be extremely valuable.

m path

« Reply #5787 on: October 27, 2022, 09:29:32 PM »
How much time do people with 6-pack abs spend staring at them in the mirror? 

Watching the way the light dances over the peaks, the shadows of which flood the valleys in darkness.  Whole civilizations, vast, multi-generational dynasties of microbes rising and falling have called the foothills of those ab muscles home……..

……..Over or under a combined one hour per week?

For the vast majority of people, they didn’t just acquire them by accident… they’re investing a lot of time and effort and borderline agony into those bad boys, so you’d have to assume that they would consider them to be extremely valuable.
  I've never had them but I think you'd get everything required from one or two 10 second glares a day.

m path

« Reply #5788 on: October 28, 2022, 08:28:51 AM »
  We're (n America) seem to be heading straight toward WW3, and people have too many other (internet) things to concern themselves with to say anything about it.  People drew lines in the sand 4 or 5 years ago now to prevent them from saying anything about what's presently happening. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5789 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:56 AM »
What if rollerblading is cool? I mean honestly I doubt it, I've always been mostly neutral towards it they're just people with a hobby like skateboarders just their hobby is dorkier BUT I watched a couple snowboard videos recently and I'm guessing because of that was recommended skiing videos thought fuck it and watched one and I think skiing is better looking than snowboarding. Rollerblading is just skiing without snow really.
Got a bit of a Schrodinger's cat scenario if I never watch a rollerblade video I know it's still that goofy thing I kinda remember from the 90s but if I watch one who knows...