Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581101 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -332
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #6060 on: August 04, 2023, 08:52:09 AM »
Whatever happened to Erik Bush after this video, does he still skate? I know Slap has a lot of people all over to talk shit.

What do you guys think?

Dueces Bitch's

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6061 on: August 14, 2023, 08:45:40 PM »
Jamie Foy is 27
His dad just turned 80.
Meaning Foy senior was 71 when Jamie graduated high school.

Today I pondered, is Jamie Foy the Theo Von of skateboarding?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6062 on: August 16, 2023, 07:54:41 PM »
Jamie Foy is 27
His dad just turned 80.
Meaning Foy senior was 71 when Jamie graduated high school.

Today I pondered, is Jamie Foy the Theo Von of skateboarding?
You know what I pondered today? Not a guitar player so I’m curious if Tom morello is like an Andy Anderson of guitar playing

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6063 on: August 20, 2023, 12:13:47 AM »
Which is worse? People who quit skating because it's too hard, or people who can skate but quit once they find out they won't be going pro or getting rich/famous from it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6064 on: August 20, 2023, 12:22:17 AM »
Which is worse? People who quit skating because it's too hard, or people who can skate but quit once they find out they won't be going pro or getting rich/famous from it.
The second.
Skating is supposed to be fun so quitting because it's too hard seems pretty reasonable.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6065 on: August 23, 2023, 11:56:05 PM »
why does hockey release dvds of their videos but not fucking awesome?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #6066 on: August 24, 2023, 05:34:24 AM »
Where does the first fruit fly fucking come from

dublak2

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6067 on: August 26, 2023, 09:04:42 AM »
Should I continue attempts to save my marriage for the sake of my child, or should I stand by and watch it decay into resentment since she won't meet me halfway.

But I pondered this yesterday too. and the day before that. and the day before that. etc.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6068 on: August 27, 2023, 09:07:26 AM »
Why do we have to sort of chew foods like yogurt which are already really soft? My guess was to mix in some saliva to predigest it and make it easier to swallow.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6069 on: August 27, 2023, 09:23:07 PM »

Too hard.

It's ok to have dreams about being the ledge god of the year 2000 even though you're just a violent drug addict queer who can flip into shit.

It's ok to realize you can't afford 4 or 5 seven point fives a month because you only get one from the local with no team

Theres dozens of easier manipulated wiz kids running around slaying granite switch who won't make your brand smell like Italian subs and a old bus port from rotten denim and rusted studs.

It's better to be a bike messenger anyway. You don't gotta sell anything but drugs and fake drugs

Smack a taxi or two with a kryptonite Lock and you forget about who black balled you at the b&b
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6070 on: August 31, 2023, 07:56:02 PM »

I was looking at this. Would be cool to see a Yant style rollin blunt smash vert nose press thing.
Maybe someone do like kickflip in nose mash a dump truck.
(A)pl(E)

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #6071 on: September 01, 2023, 11:48:32 AM »
I wondered if rhinos ever just ponder ramming that horn into everything out of boredom
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6072 on: September 18, 2023, 06:44:09 PM »
Why is it so hard to stop eating chips or ice cream? Sitting down with a bag or a pint is dangerous.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #6073 on: September 18, 2023, 06:55:03 PM »
Why is it so hard to stop eating chips or ice cream? Sitting down with a bag or a pint is dangerous.

I ate a whole bag of chips yesterday and was wondering the same thing.  I think it’s because the after taste makes you uncomfortable as it fades away and the only way to stop that is to bring the taste back up to the max by eating just one more

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6074 on: September 18, 2023, 08:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ate a whole bag of chips yesterday and was wondering the same thing.  I think it’s because the after taste makes you uncomfortable as it fades away and the only way to stop that is to bring the taste back up to the max by eating just one more
Eating a whole bag is the responsible thing to do. What are you gonna do just eat some and throw the rest out? That's fukn wasteful. Consider yourself lucky you don't live somewhere where icecream only comes in 2L tubs.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6075 on: September 19, 2023, 08:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Eating a whole bag is the responsible thing to do. What are you gonna do just eat some and throw the rest out? That's fukn wasteful. Consider yourself lucky you don't live somewhere where icecream only comes in 2L tubs.

That observation about the aftertaste fading is right on. It's like I need that saltiness and savoriness to stay on my tongue.

I think I'm doing okay in the responsibility department then because I will often come close to finishing off a whole bag or pint in one sitting. I'll leave just a little to console myself that I didn't eat the whole thing like a glutton with no self-control.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #6076 on: September 19, 2023, 08:58:19 AM »
One time i ate a whole bag of kettle dill pickle chips and a 6 pack of beer for dinner. I was pondering wtf the next morning when it felt like i was digesting a baseball.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6077 on: October 03, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fda adds additive B I think it's called to junk food. It makes your brain think it needs said products to survive. It's why big tobacco and DXLSF is so popping.

NB claims they don't need it and they're a true east new england based business.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6078 on: October 03, 2023, 05:50:47 PM »
Salem's the most skate blessed place I've been since well before 911.

The attitude of the public towards at least my skating is outstanding.

The thing I have going on in my home town is such a departure from the past it mounts to a near religious experience near every recent session.

When I think I'm going to be bounced people ask me to do a trick andi deny them high fives blaming sweat and smile at them to kill that thought.

Sometimes a boomer gen tourist will fuck with me and refuse to move 2'... say something like it's a free country......but i have back up curbs upon back up curbs.
They exist in near total harmony within their environment so Ill talk light shit and dip.

I wanna know...

What's changed in the chemical makeup of general public to make them go beyond not giving a shit to being entranced and so complimentary?

Or is it white boy day?
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6079 on: October 12, 2023, 03:53:25 PM »
You know how beaches have reports for what the waves are like for surfers? They should that for skateparks, so you get a breakdown of how crowded it is, if there are lots of scooter kids or lurkers, if the park is wet or dry, stuff like that. But I guess that would require someone getting paid to do it and what city would actually create that job?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #6080 on: October 16, 2023, 07:55:49 PM »
What is Smolik doing these days to support himself financially?

Irvine-Sucks.com

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #6081 on: October 16, 2023, 08:10:45 PM »
i believe he is focused on maritime law

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6082 on: October 16, 2023, 11:07:17 PM »
What's a good gift for a 2 year old nephew?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6083 on: October 17, 2023, 12:09:44 AM »
At this point (probably bought shit for like 25 nephews,nieces, friends kids) I just know to ask the parents what to get. Don't spend too much it will most likely be in the trash by Xmas.
Also books.

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #6084 on: October 17, 2023, 07:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
At this point (probably bought shit for like 25 nephews,nieces, friends kids) I just know to ask the parents what to get. Don't spend too much it will most likely be in the trash by Xmas.
Also books.

I second asking the parents.

Also something that isn’t noisy and doesn’t take up a lot of space for the parents’ sake. 

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #6085 on: October 17, 2023, 08:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Also books.
[close]

I second asking the parents.

Also something that isn’t noisy and doesn’t take up a lot of space for the parents’ sake.

Going to third this haha. Despite us saying it multiple times, our grandparents always want to buy new little toys for our kids, but they just move onto the next thing in a day or 2 and it just takes up space. Asking the parents is always appreciated. Maybe there's a specific toy they're already into like magnet tiles and they would want an extra refill of pieces or something. They'll gladly let you know though!

Irvine-Sucks.com

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #6086 on: October 17, 2023, 10:11:22 AM »
Pondering what it means to be anti-war right now. Losing sleep over it actually. I should probably stop reading the news compulsively but that feels wrong also.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6087 on: October 17, 2023, 03:49:15 PM »
I been grinding like crazy trying to make money to pay for the rehearsal space that's full of my gear.
The recording is done so mofos with full time jobs don't have their part again.
I can't get these fools to practice when we're behind on rent.

This is a lose lose lose.

Idk how I'm going to be able to make this happen. I already miracled $300 from selling my albums.

Totally fuckin fucked.

I gotta find this shit f
Before the 20th. Then I'm emptying the space before the next month.

It sucks I can't even trust my closest homies to come up with 140 bucks a month

(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6088 on: October 22, 2023, 12:19:24 PM »
Do shoe brands use the term "footwear" outside of skateboarding? Can't think of a single moment of a brand using that in their marketing that wasn't a skate shoe

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #6089 on: October 22, 2023, 04:15:49 PM »
Do shoe brands use the term "footwear" outside of skateboarding? Can't think of a single moment of a brand using that in their marketing that wasn't a skate shoe

There's a store called Famous Footwear