Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575334 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3810 on: October 02, 2019, 12:31:42 AM »
Expand Quote
why the fuck is NASA such a fashion statement these days?
[close]

Im currenty working at a university and every second person i see is walking around campus with NASA gear on, i dont understand when this became a thing.
probably when h&m started to sell it.
at least that's the main source here.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #3811 on: October 02, 2019, 01:48:44 AM »
Its mainly asian people wearing them around the university, dont think ive seen many white dudes rockin it

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3812 on: October 02, 2019, 04:58:19 AM »
Should I throw a birthday party for myself?

Turning 30 in a weeks time and I don't know. I have never really had any parties for me.. It's just so stressful that I can't really enjoy it.. And it's "my" day so I would like to do what ever I want and not be stressed. But at the same time it would be a good excuse to get people together and all that.. I think I'm a little bit afraid no one will come too but I know people will..  And I kind of blew it by not mentioning about it early enough for some of my friends who live far away from me. So they can't come. I feel like a little kid thinking about this.. I don't even like birthdays or I don't like them because I never have them??

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3813 on: October 02, 2019, 04:59:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Im currenty working at a university and every second person i see is walking around campus with NASA gear on, i dont understand when this became a thing.
[close]

Also at Target. Shit is everywhere

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3814 on: October 02, 2019, 11:45:07 PM »
Target has everything, i noticed target is huge here in Australia but when i went to Vancouver they opened one up and it barely lasted a year before it shut down

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3815 on: October 03, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »
Not so much pondering as wondering who the hell shot this photo of RZA back in the day?

lee friedlander
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #3816 on: October 03, 2019, 05:32:59 PM »
why aren't kenny anderson and brian anderson called kanderson and banderson like mike anderson is called manderson?

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3817 on: October 04, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
I may start using grinder.

My neighbors wife is getting hip
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Freight Train

« Reply #3818 on: October 05, 2019, 09:47:48 AM »
I've been skating for 32 years and I'm finally realizing that the glory days are over. I'm starting to grasp that skating will never be as popular as it was in the 2000s again. Skateshops are closing, I never see anyone street skating when I am out and and about and when I do see someone with a board 9 times out of 10 it's a longboard or a penny cruiser. I should mention I live in Southern California. I have to say, I'm kinda stoked that our thing is kinda going underground again. I've also realized most of us are crazy for sticking with this shit for as long as we all have and to love it as much as we do is not considered normal by the mainstream non-skating public. FUCK EM
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 09:50:04 AM by Freight Train »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3819 on: October 05, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »

Turning 30 in a weeks time and I don't know. I have never really had any parties for me.. It's just so stressful that I can't really enjoy it.. And it's "my" day so I would like to do what ever I want and not be stressed. But at the same time it would be a good excuse to get people together and all that.. I think I'm a little bit afraid no one will come too but I know people will..  And I kind of blew it by not mentioning about it early enough for some of my friends who live far away from me. So they can't come. I feel like a little kid thinking about this.. I don't even like birthdays or I don't like them because I never have them??
I'd go to your party. I didn't do a 30th birthday party last year and I've surprised myself by somewhat regretting it. Where do you live? If you're anywhere near San Diego I'll go.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3820 on: October 05, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I literally went to Jet Propulsion Laboratory's open house in Pasadena where NASA's top researchers work and bought a NASA tee there. I wore it proudly a few times before I noticed all the lames wearing the same shirt they probably bought from Wally world. I thought I had a JPL exclusive joint, boy howdy, I was wrong.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3821 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
I've been skating for 32 years and I'm finally realizing that the glory days are over. I'm starting to grasp that skating will never be as popular as it was in the 2000s again. Skateshops are closing, I never see anyone street skating when I am out and and about and when I do see someone with a board 9 times out of 10 it's a longboard or a penny cruiser. I should mention I live in Southern California. I have to say, I'm kinda stoked that our thing is kinda going underground again. I've also realized most of us are crazy for sticking with this shit for as long as we all have and to love it as much as we do is not considered normal by the mainstream non-skating public. FUCK EM

I remember as a teenager skating around the city of sydney, you would see skaters at every street corner, you couldnt hit a spot without other people cruising up to it. I know the skate scene in sydney is still somewhat strong but i just rarely see skaters out now

Freight Train

« Reply #3822 on: October 05, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
I think it was the Tony Hawk games that was really driving people to go out and buy skateboards and skate shoes back then. There will never be another THPS series with all the super pros from that era. Selling the 90s-2000s hardcore party bro skate star lifestyle to wayward kids just couldn't sustain itself, seems like everybody is on a health and fitness kick now and wants to go to college. I like the change but it takes some getting used to for sure. When I was a kid skaters were treated with scorn and usually came from broken homes on the wrong side of the tracks. It's different these days

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3823 on: October 05, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »
If Jrog had quit skating at his peak to be a shitty painter or filmmarker or literally anything besides ripping off 2011 soulja boy I'd look at his footage a lot differently. he really ripped
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3824 on: October 06, 2019, 04:16:39 AM »

just wait till the olpymics. were about to enter a whole new world of fuckery. yoga moms trying to cruise to the shop, all sorts of sporty types getting boards. its gonna suck but it will pass.

drewbearz

« Reply #3825 on: October 06, 2019, 05:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's super trendy nowadays. I've seen everyone from college girls to heroin dealers on the corner wearing NASA shit. At first it was kind of neat to see them get some publicity but now it's gone too far and just seems like a lame fad.

I cringed when I saw the NASA habitat boards. The direction that company is taking now makes me not want to buy Habitat anymore. They used to be so much cooler but after the NASA shit, I'm kind of writing them off.

drewbearz

« Reply #3826 on: October 06, 2019, 06:51:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just wait till the olpymics. were about to enter a whole new world of fuckery. yoga moms trying to cruise to the shop, all sorts of sporty types getting boards. its gonna suck but it will pass.

I'm sure it'll end up spawning more self righteous long boarders. Also, people that call themselves skateboarders because they have an electric longboard will be all over the olympics hype train

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #3827 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:10 PM »
how a lot of the most outwardly quirky looking people are extremely conservative - financially, socially, sexually, culinarily, culturally - when it comes down to it. does anyone know what I'm talking about? like the goth chick who is vanilla as fuck outside of her fashion and musical tastes.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3828 on: October 07, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »
how a lot of the most outwardly quirky looking people are extremely conservative - financially, socially, sexually, culinarily, culturally - when it comes down to it. does anyone know what I'm talking about? like the goth chick who is vanilla as fuck outside of her fashion and musical tastes.

Ive come across a few in my time, its strange

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3829 on: October 07, 2019, 06:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'd go to your party. I didn't do a 30th birthday party last year and I've surprised myself by somewhat regretting it. Where do you live? If you're anywhere near San Diego I'll go.

Thank you L33T.

Decided to not have one big party and instead had a few little parties for different people on different days..
I kind of liked the idea. Got to be wasted the whole weekend and had time to talk to my friends instead of being a big stressful mess where I feel like I don't have enough time for every one and just miss everything. Kind of makes me think I might have some issues with control buuuut that's a different conversation.

Also had the weirdest hangover. Didn't have any nausea but I cried a lot, like it just made really in tune with the world or some shit.. This planet, the space, us humans, what even is what are we doing? You know stuff..

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #3830 on: October 07, 2019, 06:20:27 AM »
would slap be this aggressive and easily triggered if there were female posters and all the snowflake guys would behave a little better?

every other thread is ending in two people insulting each other... has this board always been like this?

just curious

PMA

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3831 on: October 07, 2019, 06:54:02 AM »
would slap be this aggressive and easily triggered if there were female posters and all the snowflake guys would behave a little better?

every other thread is ending in two people insulting each other... has this board always been like this?

just curious

A lot of shitty posters have flooded the boards in the past 6 months to a year. They aren't even trolls, just miserable people who are not very bright or funny.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3832 on: October 07, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote

just curious
[close]

A lot of shitty posters have flooded the boards in the past 6 months to a year. They aren't even trolls, just miserable people who are not very bright or funny.

I think most of the people on this site navigate around the different topics just looking for someone to disagree with and start shit with. It just escalates from there until both people hate each other.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3833 on: October 07, 2019, 07:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

just curious
[close]

[close]

I think most of the people on this site navigate around the different topics just looking for someone to disagree with and start shit with. It just escalates from there until both people hate each other.
Right on Dan , I just read a new topic by a newb then to see such harsh comments from another newb that think he’s slap og . It’s hard not to get involved with the the topics that are started just to pick fights .

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3834 on: October 07, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
aaron kirkley

mArLeY

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #3835 on: October 07, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

just curious
[close]

[close]

this forums is many mean times to users.

What a find

« Reply #3836 on: October 07, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »
The bam thread could be less toxic

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3837 on: October 07, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
The bam thread could be less toxic

but no less muddy

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3838 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
Anyone ever get like fucked or woken up to being fucked while asleep, I guess basically sleep assaulted? Not like unwillingly but like you asked them for it? Or maybe you didn't?

I remember I told my girl whom im still with, to just go for it one time if I fell asleep. Probably couple years ago. It was strange to say the least.

Although I asked for it, waking up to it was still kinda like wtf is going on? I can't imagine actually being assaulted.

Although I asked for it and was totally down once I rubbed my eyes lol I was still surprised to say the least.

Has anyone else woken up to a girl, guy, whomever, on top of you? Wasn't nearly as cool as I thought it would be.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3839 on: October 10, 2019, 02:26:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I see people in the streets all the time. The park is never dead. Skating is huge around NE

_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''