Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574902 times)

Skart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
  • Ham control
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3930 on: November 07, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
I just made spam with hash browns and put a slice of cheese on top for dinner. Being broke is fun. What’s the strangest concoction y’all have come up with when money is tight but need to eat?

It’s not that gross but it’s not great.
Hashbrowns are dope

Beef ramen burrito/pizzas or just spread

bbq sauce, pickle juice/pickles (no sweet), pulled pork atop a few mashed out bricks of ramen
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:48:06 PM by Skart »
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3932 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:10 AM »
why did 360s go out of style in the mid to late 90s and what led to their comeback? jeremy wray and some other people did front threes sometimes but even those were rare and you almost never saw back threes.
  The front ones never quite made it 'out of style' but the backside ones def did.  I wonder who brought the back 3 back?  J klein in The End?   360 flips were out of style for a lil minute there even at one point.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #3933 on: November 08, 2019, 03:50:10 AM »
Expand Quote
why did 360s go out of style in the mid to late 90s and what led to their comeback? jeremy wray and some other people did front threes sometimes but even those were rare and you almost never saw back threes.
[close]
  The front ones never quite made it 'out of style' but the backside ones def did.  I wonder who brought the back 3 back?  J klein in The End?   360 flips were out of style for a lil minute there even at one point.
willy santos is the one i remember doing them in Uno. then greco. klein did them but he also did fast plants. i don't think anyone [other than greco] was copying klein's playbook.

morningcommute

« Reply #3934 on: November 08, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »
I wonder, am I the only person that thought to themselves tonight
"Shall I watch an Andrew Pott section next?".

hmmmokay

« Reply #3935 on: November 08, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
I wonder, am I the only person that thought to themselves tonight
"Shall I watch an Andrew Pott section next?".

His Oakley "Our Life" part has a lot of technically crazy tricks in it. I was 14-15 when that video came out and I always found myself intrigued by his part because he was so opposite of what I wanted my skating to look like both in trick selection and clothing style.

Edit: just watched the part again to refresh my memory. A lot of the clips in this part could hold up today but I think his real downfall was the tall tee. Looks like he went too many sizes too tall.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:05:34 PM by hmmmokay »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3936 on: November 08, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »
i wonder if any of the chicks ive thought about while jerkin off have ever done the same with me
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #3937 on: November 08, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »
has anyone ever clicked a banner ad on a website thinking "oh yes i need this" then proceeded to purchase the product?

i just feel like digital ad space is kinda pointless sometimes and only reminds people that yes, that company is still around. looking at the slap ads, its obviously stuff i am interested in and even still i wouldnt click and buy through a digital ad. especially these fucking krux ads.

I almost never buy anything new as a result of ads. I'm not saying that to sound cool - it's fine to be influenced by advertising. Ads have definitely influenced me - but it's usually for a product I'm aware of beforehand. First I hear good things about it, then if I'm introduced to an ad and it's not cringeworthy, that's icing on the cake.

I would be interested in seeing the clickthrough rate for some of the ads on Slap, though. Can't be that much.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14176
« Reply #3938 on: November 09, 2019, 06:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
has anyone ever clicked a banner ad on a website thinking "oh yes i need this" then proceeded to purchase the product?

i just feel like digital ad space is kinda pointless sometimes and only reminds people that yes, that company is still around. looking at the slap ads, its obviously stuff i am interested in and even still i wouldnt click and buy through a digital ad. especially these fucking krux ads.
[close]

I almost never buy anything new as a result of ads. I'm not saying that to sound cool
[close]

Well too late because you already sound really cool.  I’m talkin’ The Fonz whacking the jukebox, Uncle Jesse and the Rippers cool.

You’re telling me manny Santiago and his blue hair hasn’t enticed you to buy krux lows?
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3939 on: November 09, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
What goes into the decision making process when guys cross their legs like this?:

It’s a little androgynous.   And aren’t  their nuts constantly getting crushed?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3940 on: November 09, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »
What goes into the decision making process when guys cross their legs like this?:

I stretch all the time and I still cant get my legs to do this.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3941 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I got offered an insane amount of money for this.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

got me thinking what is it worth

The jacket is a 1970s two pocket levi type 3 that John Travolta touched in 2013. I have two more. Should have had him sign one.

The AxCx patch I got from Seth Putnam. Charley I think sold me the Psycho.

The Hand printed anticimex back patch came from crusty tim I think. I got it at an anarchist market

My ex boyfriend got me the other stuff.

There's 20 coats of a special paint that I mixed by hand in 2002 and ran out of.

It smells like a service yard for public transportation

I feel it's wrong to sell this to someone

I could have built a miniramp with the money. Maybe I would trade for a miniramp idk
[close]

what is an insane price to you? no offense but that looks like the most uncomfortable piece of clothing ever.

people say that then they try it on. It fits me like a second skin. I built it on the subways and busses hand stitched it with 10 rolls of dental floss. I was wearing it daily under a leather so its hella soft. Its 22 lbs of awesome. I got offered several hundred a few times.

To sell this to someone is against my beliefs. Same with excepting sponsorships for skating. Shop is cool. Local board company cool. All else is lame shit
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #3942 on: November 10, 2019, 12:40:45 AM »
Did you know Seth or did you get the AC patch at a show?
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #3943 on: November 10, 2019, 07:01:14 AM »
Amish communities are weird, tried to talk to a few different times when I see them and they are not overtly rude but certainly not friendly people just reserved to the outsiders, and I have always wanted to have a one on one conversation with one to get inside their heads.
Dueces Bitch's

AssFlea

« Reply #3944 on: November 10, 2019, 07:10:11 AM »
Did you know Seth or did you get the AC patch at a show?

I met him but never got to see them play out.

They had a space in the same building. I didn't know him
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

AssFlea

« Reply #3945 on: November 10, 2019, 08:04:06 AM »
Everything after morbid florist sucked.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #3946 on: November 10, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »
I liked just about everything a*c* has done right around fuckin a came out I was living in a flip house in Athens Georgia.

We had Seth stay over for several weeks in between shows. Really nice guy despite anyone’s feelings about his band.

Last time I saw him play a show in a pc type of venue a bunch of people were spitting on him.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:54:06 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3947 on: November 10, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »

I can do this. I have some pretty big balls too, but I also look like a stick figure soooo it kinda works.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #3948 on: November 10, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »

If the simple act of sitting down involves a "decision-making process" which causes you to question your sexuality, I suggest you go outside and suck the first willing dick you come across. Or not, but it sounds like it might really simplify your life.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #3949 on: November 10, 2019, 06:52:17 PM »
How exactly did Popeyes and the other place get people so riled up over chicken sandwiches? I’ve not been really paying attention but why am I seeing lines out the door for an average ass fast food place that is not new? What type of marketing voodoo did they pull on people?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3950 on: November 10, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
How exactly did Popeyes and the other place get people so riled up over chicken sandwiches? I’ve not been really paying attention but why am I seeing lines out the door for an average ass fast food place that is not new? What type of marketing voodoo did they pull on people?

The thing with the sandwich is extremely bizarre. But I think its a combination the chicken already being good and the sandwich being pretty cheap at 4 bucks. I recently tried it and think its completely over hyped. Id get it again if there wasn't a line out the door but there's no way I'm waiting that long again for one.

AssFlea

« Reply #3951 on: November 10, 2019, 07:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I liked just about everything a*c* has done right around fuckin a came out I was living in a flip house in Athens Georgia.

We had Seth stay over for several weeks in between shows. Really nice guy despite anyone’s feelings about his band.

Last time I saw him play a show in a pc type of venue a bunch of people were spitting on him.

yeah. Tim got beat up on tour with deterioration this past year. He fucked up.

I was going to as big daddy to be in my project but he was in the raunchous brothers

Total mud
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3952 on: November 11, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can do this. I have some pretty big balls too, but I also look like a stick figure soooo it kinda works.

Yea never understood the "you'll crush your balls!" thing. I'm thick in the thighs even and it's never been a problem
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #3953 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea never understood the "you'll crush your balls!" thing. I'm thick in the thighs even and it's never been a problem

or what about people who cringe in pain when a guy does the splits? it's not like your balls are attached to your inner thighs.

AssFlea

« Reply #3954 on: November 12, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
David Hafsteinsson is the Wolverine
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #3955 on: November 12, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »
if in an alternate universe everyone is asking jeeves instead of googling
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3956 on: November 12, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It has not happened to me, but this man can't be faking.

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #3957 on: November 12, 2019, 11:40:42 PM »
When she DOES suck my left nut, DOES the right one actually get jealous as I have often claimed?  Do balls even get jealous? Have I been deluded this whole time?  As I ponder it, I realize that my balls are Bro's and by Bro code, Right Ball SHOULD be stoked for brother Lefty to be getting some  action.  But is he? 
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #3958 on: November 13, 2019, 12:13:56 AM »
When he DOES suck my left nut, DOES the right one actually get jealous as I have often claimed?  Do balls even get jealous? Have I been deluded this whole time?  As I ponder it, I realize that my balls are Bro's and by Bro code, Right Ball SHOULD be stoked for brother Lefty to be getting some  action.  But is he?

fixed.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #3959 on: November 13, 2019, 01:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
When he DOES suck my left nut, DOES the right one actually get jealous as I have often claimed?  Do balls even get jealous? Have I been deluded this whole time?  As I ponder it, I realize that my balls are Bro's and by Bro code, Right Ball SHOULD be stoked for brother Lefty to be getting some  action.  But is he?
[close]

fixed.

Didn't we talk about this Doc?  Projecting?  Your homosexual tendencies are your business.  You're free to take it up the Ol' Wazoo til' your heart's butt's content, but why do you feel the need to draw me into your fantasies?

"I'm starting to think you like, LIKE me, bro."  I'm flattered, but it's NOT happening Doc.  Besides, a straight, married, American man, with a gay, guano eating, kangaroo fucking, Aussie fuckboi could never work.  So, I guess it's back to "the hub" to see what dribbles outta the wet noodle for ya, huh Fruity Ass?
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"