Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575498 times)

Lin Thizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 86
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4560 on: August 27, 2020, 02:31:39 PM »
Knowing more is painful.

Choosing this pain is growth.

Growth will liberate me from pain.

Liberation will empower me.

I can do hard things.

So you can find me,

Sittin’ on a sunbeam

Moving fast,

Relaxed.

Time is standing still,

Stop! I hug the past.

Thanks for the hospitality.

But I’m,

Shaking hands with my future,

Someday a friend I can embrace.

But I’ll take the time to let go

Remembering now, it’s time to grow.

Face into the light

Stars to calm the night

Love internal, thee

Love, eternaly

Thank you for this.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4561 on: August 27, 2020, 06:37:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Dude, generalized advice like that is why people end up in the emergency room. You can't have people randomly shoving whatever up their ass. It's unhygienic, too, for whoever ends up eating ramen after you.
[close]

When I worked at an adult shop a guy came in and was asking about sounding, eventually he confessed that he had wanted to try but didnt want to spend the money on a surgical steel rod so he used ky jelly and a chopstick...

So all jokes aside people, if your inserting something into an orifice please do your research and spend the extra money!

I grew up in a single-parent household where money was always tight so we could never afford the good stuff.  But you know what?  We made it work.  Turkey baster, tire pressure gauge, russet potato, wiffleball bat...
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4562 on: August 27, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
a long time ago, probably ten years, someone on here in some thread wrote:

"i wonder if sarah palin takes her glasses off when she takes a shit"

and i swear i think about it everytime i take one.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4563 on: August 29, 2020, 07:03:34 PM »
How Amazon continues to have such success and a good reputation when so much fake shit is sold on there.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4564 on: August 31, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »
Shouldn’t MacGyver have faced severe disciplinary action from his superiors for completely ignoring police procedure at least once a week for like seven fucking years?

And he’s gotta be some sort of psychopath to constantly be one vacuum cleaner jetpack or thumbtack laser beam away from certain death and not have completely crumbled into a shell of his former self from debilitating PTSD.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4565 on: August 31, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
bro macgyver wasn't just some cop, he was a member of an elite team formed by the department of defense and under the jurisdiction of the cia
🤙

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4566 on: August 31, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
bro macgyver wasn't just some cop, he was a member of an elite team formed by the department of defense and under the jurisdiction of the cia

That’s very impressive but that doesn’t change the fact that one time he was in the middle of defusing a time bomb and with like 8 seconds to go, he turns to the guy next to him and casually recites some Chinese proverb.  Save that shit for after the bomb is defused.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4567 on: September 01, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
maybe that shit is protocol
🤙

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4568 on: September 01, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »
The Red Bull hat Jamie Foy and other riders wear in every one of their clips. That shit is disgusting. Imagine if Tom Penny had been wearing a Gatorade hat in every one of his clips. Would anyone even want to look back on his video parts? Maybe, but the hat would definitely detract from them.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4569 on: September 01, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
The Red Bull hat Jamie Foy and other riders wear in every one of their clips. That shit is disgusting. Imagine if Tom Penny had been wearing a Gatorade hat in every one of his clips. Would anyone even want to look back on his video parts? Maybe, but the hat would definitely detract from them.

I agree, it’s probably going to age their footage terribly. 

I always like when skaters just skate in basic, nondescript shit because it’s so much easier to go back and watch.  Ricky Oyola’s EE3 is the first example that came to mind, since it looks more or less like it could have come out last week.  The cars are always the dead giveaway though.

Question: Would you don the accursed Red Bull hat if you were in their position?  I personally have zero scruples so I’d dress up as a giant Red Bull can if they told me to.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4570 on: September 01, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree, it’s probably going to age their footage terribly. 

I always like when skaters just skate in basic, nondescript shit because it’s so much easier to go back and watch.  Ricky Oyola’s EE3 is the first example that came to mind, since it looks more or less like it could have come out last week.  The cars are always the dead giveaway though.

Question: Would you don the accursed Red Bull hat if you were in their position?  I personally have zero scruples so I’d dress up as a giant Red Bull can if they told me to.

I'd like to believe I would never sell out that bad even if I had the choice. Just some good skateboard company sponsorships that paid enough to get by would be fine. I'd skip all the other stuff like energy drinks and chicken nuggets. Even now I'm not the type that's super hungry for a high-paying career and status and things like that. I'm happy with a relatively simple life though I'd like to own a house someday. But maybe that's why I never went pro other than the obvious lack of talent. I am just not that greedy or thirsty for recognition, which isn't to say I have no ambition at all. Just not to that degree.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #4571 on: September 01, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »
has someone come up with the idea for a social media account to re-edit skaters into alternate universe video parts . like mike mo’s fully flared as if it were in a zero video
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4572 on: September 02, 2020, 07:59:05 AM »
Last time I was on here I think it was February? But I remember slap turned into a giant mosh pit of BLM and trolls. I just started reading again, and what happened to everyone to those who were die hard BLM supporters? Did you really care or did you need something to get your anger out?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4573 on: September 02, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
We are still here. The trolls, not so much.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4574 on: September 02, 2020, 08:23:44 AM »
We are still here. The trolls, not so much.
K cool.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4575 on: September 02, 2020, 01:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s very impressive but that doesn’t change the fact that one time he was in the middle of defusing a time bomb and with like 8 seconds to go, he turns to the guy next to him and casually recites some Chinese proverb.  Save that shit for after the bomb is defused.
You've clearly never defused a bomb before.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4576 on: September 05, 2020, 08:22:21 PM »
I bet all pro skaters can do a handstand on a moving skateboard and a flatground backflip. That's the basic level of athleticism you need to be a pro.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #4577 on: September 06, 2020, 05:08:33 AM »
Bears in slippers and boots on cats would make a pretty cool beat box beat.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #4578 on: September 08, 2020, 02:52:26 AM »
I bet all pro skaters can do a handstand on a moving skateboard and a flatground backflip. That's the basic level of athleticism you need to be a pro.

Do you think Duane Peters can do a kickflip?

Mad Max

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4580 on: September 09, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
100 gecs X Weckingball - 100 Wecks edit

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4581 on: September 09, 2020, 08:01:15 PM »
How the fuck do you re pack down one of those mailorder mattresses

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4582 on: September 10, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »
Haven't really been skating as of late. I want to but the weather and my schedule has been busy. Ya'll ever just take breaks for medium to long amounts of time? During the summer I was skating almost everyday but now I get lucky if I can fit in one day a week.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #4583 on: September 10, 2020, 01:13:07 PM »
how do you contact people that don’t leave their info on a cl post? i tried emailing multiple times through those crazy cl emails provided and no response . it’s fucking annoying
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4584 on: September 10, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »
how do you contact people that don’t leave their info on a cl post? i tried emailing multiple times through those crazy cl emails provided and no response . it’s fucking annoying

That's the only way I know of. They're probably getting your messages but just not responding.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4585 on: September 10, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
Why be loyal to skate brands, or any brand , when they will replace you with the next big thing as soon as you get injured? All while also not offering any benefits outside free merchandise.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4586 on: September 10, 2020, 06:25:44 PM »
Why be loyal to skate brands, or any brand , when they will replace you with the next big thing as soon as you get injured? All while also not offering any benefits outside free merchandise.

You good bud? We can green light orange man if he hurt you

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4587 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:24 PM »
Don’t sponsored skaters get sick of wearing/skating the same shit all the time?  Seems like it’d be a little bit of a bummer not being able to switch up trucks or woodshops if you felt like it.

I know it doesn’t rank very high in the pantheon of all the possible hardships a person might have to endure and is the pretty much the definition of a “first world problem”... It’d still be kind of annoying though.

I guess one of the benefits of being doo-doo at skating is that no one gives a fuck what trucks I’m riding... so I guess I dodged that bullet.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4588 on: September 11, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »
Why aren’t shower floors just big grates
for shits
listen to cosmic psychos

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4589 on: September 11, 2020, 09:30:15 PM »
Why do airports still use carousels? They suck and there has to be a better way.