Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575026 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4590 on: September 12, 2020, 03:25:43 AM »
Why do airports still use carousels? They suck and there has to be a better way.

You don’t like them?  I think they’re kinda fun.  It’s like you get to play a little carnival game after a long, boring flight.

But then again I’m kinda simple.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4591 on: September 12, 2020, 07:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Why do airports still use carousels? They suck and there has to be a better way.
[close]

You don’t like them?  I think they’re kinda fun.  It’s like you get to play a little carnival game after a long, boring flight.

But then again I’m kinda simple.

One of my greatest regrets is that I never sat on a carousel and high-fived all the bewildered passengers as I rolled past to celebrate the fact that we're still alive. Maybe if I give that a whirl next time then I'll start to appreciate them more.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4592 on: September 12, 2020, 04:51:08 PM »
What was that show that had the girl from space fucking the tribe leader of future primitives?

It was on net flix I think. The cool one had like purple blood or something.

I just wanna skip to the fucking parts
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4593 on: September 12, 2020, 05:32:31 PM »
^Emmanuelle in Space I believe it was.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4594 on: September 14, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
Kinda crazy the kid who had the worst part in any E.S.T. video is now getting almost a million hits in a day on youtube, doing like a Review/Nathan For You-lite thing for Vice
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9NFlzXVlFA

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4595 on: September 14, 2020, 08:37:52 PM »
is the joe rogan presidential debate real or an internet meme
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4596 on: September 15, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
Is it possible to describe what different colors look like to someone that has been blind from birth?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #4597 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:34 PM »
Is it possible to describe what different colors look like to someone that has been blind from birth?

I think 311 wrote a song about that

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #4598 on: September 15, 2020, 10:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Investigate 3/11

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4599 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:06 AM »
Is this Josh Stewart editing skate footage in an Adobe ad they run on Twitch? Or do I have prosopagnosia?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4600 on: September 16, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
If most every skater in the world suddenly becomes unable to nosewheelie, is it a soy pandemic?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4601 on: September 16, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Investigate 3/11

No no no do not call 311. Fuck VS
(A)pl(E)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4602 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:08 AM »
If most every skater in the world suddenly becomes unable to nosewheelie, is it a soy pandemic?

Underrated
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4603 on: September 18, 2020, 04:20:00 AM »
I was just reading up on failure neurosis online and first thing, I pondered how frequent and widespread this has to be in professional skateboarding.

A simple definition I found, although there are sharper sources on the subject:

The failure neurosis can also express itself in a collective enterprise, such as when someone suddenly throws himself headlong into conflict with another, immobilizing the joint effort, or when a person decides to leave a cooperative, knowing very well that her departure will produce a crisis that will damage the success of the work.

The failure neurosis also manifests when, once the work is produced, one retrospectively demolishes it, perhaps by falling into a deep depression, or by sabotaging whatever is left to sabotage, like the publicity that will carry the project to the world.

The failure neurosis expresses itself as an indefinable malaise, feelings of guilt, the notion that one is ugly or incompetent in spite of all objective proof to the contrary. In extreme cases, the person kills himself or sinks into madness after having attained his goal.

https://innerself.com/content/living/finance-and-careers/career-and-success/11275-overcoming-the-failure-neurosis.html

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4604 on: September 19, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
The reason Zuckerberg will never do anything of consequence to spam or troll accounts is because it's part of his business model.

He has low cost troll farms built up offshore hired as a large scale astroturfing outfit. Along with making money from targeted ads, facebook is paid to target users to be trolled by the right department of trolls or to be fed a predetermined diet of propaganda.

For the truly simple minded and friendless, they are really interacting with nothing more than simplified AI that does nothing more than feed them a steady (though limited) diet of likes.

There are duplicates of your account being run by AI that you are blocked from seeing so you never see your digital doppleganger.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4605 on: September 24, 2020, 06:58:50 AM »
What does this pairing of words make you think about?

"Nihilist Ventriloquist"
(A)pl(E)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #4606 on: September 24, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »

"Nihilist Ventriloquist"

It makes me think about post above yours. It makes me wonder if we’re all bots, and if so, who has their hand up my bottom? That or Gabbo.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4607 on: September 24, 2020, 06:08:30 PM »
Why do all aftermarket car stereos come with remotes? They don't seem like a half assed effort either. They have more buttons than I know what do with. I wonder how much cheaper car stereos would be if they scrapped all of the remotes.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4608 on: September 24, 2020, 06:48:44 PM »

"Nihilist Ventriloquist"

cunning linguists, a group i've never listened to but imagine rap like this
🤙

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4609 on: September 30, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »
If you think about it, isn’t Santa Claus just some fucking creepy felon going around committing B&E’s and home invasions? 

And how the fuck does he know if some kid was naughty or nice?  Is he hanging out in elementary school parking lots in his ‘98 Cavalier with binoculars? 

Then of course there’s the whole troubling “sit on Santa’s lap” thing which I won’t even get in to.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4610 on: September 30, 2020, 10:02:29 PM »
If you think about it, isn’t Santa Claus just some fucking creepy felon going around committing B&E’s and home invasions? 

And how the fuck does he know if some kid was naughty or nice?  Is he hanging out in elementary school parking lots in his ‘98 Cavalier with binoculars? 

Then of course there’s the whole troubling “sit on Santa’s lap” thing which I won’t even get in to.

Also isn't the virgin Mary a woman who cheated on and cucked Joseph then lied about it to the point that people formed a cult around her miracle baby? All the saints must have been serious swindlers and compulsive liars too.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4611 on: September 30, 2020, 10:08:36 PM »

I always figured he drove a Pontiac Trans Sport. You know, the van with taillights that sort of look like boobs.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #4612 on: September 30, 2020, 10:21:10 PM »
if freckles dont mean anything, does anything mean anything?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #4613 on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:18 PM »
With a cool name plus description of ingredients, very shocking that a chimichanga sucks. Occasionally eat one whenever a friend/fam offers one due to ordering too much food. Every time, so underwhelming. Never ordered my own chimichanga,, never will! "Chimichanga better in theory than reality"

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4614 on: October 01, 2020, 07:41:05 PM »
With a cool name plus description of ingredients, very shocking that a chimichanga sucks. Occasionally eat one whenever a friend/fam offers one due to ordering too much food. Every time, so underwhelming. Never ordered my own chimichanga,, never will! "Chimichanga better in theory than reality"
No way. I question the sources of your chimichangas.

Burritos are usually great. Even bad ones can be satisfying. Taking it up a notch by frying the whole thing only makes it better. As long as it's fried crispy and the inside isn't utter shit, I find that chimichangas is usually the best/safest offering of any Tex mex restaurant. That and fajitas.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #4615 on: October 01, 2020, 07:49:15 PM »
Mastur,

Intrigued after reading your insight. Well the changas I had turn out so bland both taste + texture , forced to smother with hot sauce, enchilada sauce, guac, etc. At that point, might as well get enchiladas. You might be right, maybe never experienced a proper chimichanga. Also havent experienced a lot of Tex Mex.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #4616 on: October 02, 2020, 07:24:37 AM »
Water boarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds a lot more fun than it is.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4617 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »

Born and raised in Southern California, home of the burrito (they don’t even have that shit in Mexico) and NO ONE ever orders Chimichangas. We eat burritos multiple times a week. I went through a 10 year phase where I was eating burritos 10-1 to sandwiches. A burrito is a Sando here. (Yes I know about Tortas and no orders those either). Yes, this an extreme example, but much more accurate than you probably think.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4618 on: October 02, 2020, 12:34:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Born and raised in Southern California, home of the burrito (they don’t even have that shit in Mexico) and NO ONE ever orders Chimichangas. We eat burritos multiple times a week. I went through a 10 year phase where I was eating burritos 10-1 to sandwiches. A burrito is a Sando here. (Yes I know about Tortas and no orders those either). Yes, this an extreme example, but much more accurate than you probably think.
Apparently not true. I learned this from the new episodes of the taco chronicles.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4619 on: October 02, 2020, 01:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Apparently not true. I learned this from the new episodes of the taco chronicles.

Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but as a general rule of thumb in my experience, not so much. I mean, of course there are burritos in MX. Like I also said, I was using an extreme example, and you are right that there is some presence of them down there, but it is mostly taco time.

Also, thanks for mentioning Taco Chronicles. Didn’t know this was a thing and looks promising. Cant wait to dive into it. Cheers to that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 02:57:40 PM by Salsa Verde »