Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575115 times)

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4710 on: November 28, 2020, 01:53:31 PM »
Was wondering if anyone else does this. Often times when I see someone do a trick in a video where the address of the building is in the background, I google it and do the streetview to see what it looks like from there or if it's still around.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4711 on: November 28, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »
Why is it a backside 180 nosegrind but a backside 180 switch manual?

Is it? I was not aware that the name had changed. I always knew them as 180 nose manuals, and I think that's how mags captioned them.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4712 on: November 29, 2020, 12:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
It’s so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens.
[close]

That's a very conservative way of looking at it, and it's something people say a lot about tattoos. So do you plan on keeping yourself as well preserved as possible until you're a senior citizen? No matter what you're gonna age. If you take care of yourself, maybe you'll age a little better than those who lead rougher lives. But your skin is still gonna get all wrinkly, saggy and spotted anyway. What difference will tattoos make? Will old tatted people somehow have worse looking old person skin? I don't think it matters that much, and it's never made me question getting a tattoo I wanted.

Don’t let me stop you from enjoying tattoos on the elderly.  Call me old-fashioned, but I’m just saying that I’d be taken aback if I saw some 87 year old man with this scribbled all over his throat:

It’s my problem to overcome, not theirs.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4713 on: December 01, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens.
[close]

That's a very conservative way of looking at it, and it's something people say a lot about tattoos. So do you plan on keeping yourself as well preserved as possible until you're a senior citizen? No matter what you're gonna age. If you take care of yourself, maybe you'll age a little better than those who lead rougher lives. But your skin is still gonna get all wrinkly, saggy and spotted anyway. What difference will tattoos make? Will old tatted people somehow have worse looking old person skin? I don't think it matters that much, and it's never made me question getting a tattoo I wanted.
[close]

Don’t let me stop you from enjoying tattoos on the elderly.  Call me old-fashioned, but I’m just saying that I’d be taken aback if I saw some 87 year old man with this scribbled all over his throat:

It’s my problem to overcome, not theirs.

I can see what you mean when it's someone who's fully covered in tattoos. That might look a little eerie once their skin really starts to age. I was thinking more of people with a few tattoos.

One thing I pondered today is whether you can buy just the plastic DVD holder that comes in cardboard, book style (DigiPak) DVD jewel cases. I ordered a used DVD but that part is missing from the jewel case, so the DVD is just freestanding. I guess I could rip one out of some other DVD that I don't care for, but it would be better if I could just buy that part and glue it in.

Oh, never mind. Looks like you can buy those things. They're called inserts/trays.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4714 on: December 01, 2020, 04:07:17 PM »
Does anyone know where that long set to hill bomb from the deathwish video is ? Gotta pin? I wanna go there

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4715 on: December 01, 2020, 10:07:45 PM »
wonder what it’s gonna be like in 25 yrs, 50 yrs and 100 yrs from now .. it’s impossible to know . i hope it’s good
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4716 on: December 02, 2020, 12:27:15 AM »
How many car horns are honked daily around the world?

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #4717 on: December 02, 2020, 04:56:50 AM »
5 dawg

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #4718 on: December 02, 2020, 05:53:19 AM »
What music/bands from this era will be considered, "Classic" when we're like 80?  Like the way older people talk about the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, etc.  Will there be classic hip-hop, like 80 year old people sitting around saying things like, "I remember when there was real music like Young Jeezy and 3-6 Mafia."

So far I can see Nirvana, Metallica, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Public Enemy, Outkast, Jay-Z, Nas, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Some country guys, a bunch of others.  I'm not a fan of all these artists, but they have that mass appeal.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4719 on: December 02, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Was wondering if anyone else does this. Often times when I see someone do a trick in a video where the address of the building is in the background, I google it and do the streetview to see what it looks like from there or if it's still around.

Fucking oath, that’s how you find spots
I don’t film much but I always try to keep that shit out of frame
I’m an asshole like that
listen to cosmic psychos

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4720 on: December 02, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
Are they are any pet owners who are anti-vax? Do they think their animals will get autism if given rabies shots? I've heard of someone who made their cat vegan, which is kinda fucked up, so there's probably at least one anti-vax pet owner.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4721 on: December 03, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
I can tell who skates by watching them play skater xl. I don't even got to look at the screen because it's so obvious.

Skaters start lifting their lead foot off the ground when they approach the obstacle instead of the old nes focusing controller rip to the sides.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #4722 on: December 09, 2020, 05:33:17 AM »
I wonder if Data from Star Trek next generation could pick up skateboarding quickly.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4723 on: December 09, 2020, 11:41:56 AM »
I wonder if Data from Star Trek next generation could pick up skateboarding quickly.

I feel it would be like really soulless tho. He would hit a wall with the emotional content. Like my 20 year battle for switch Tre. Data would never get the point of style.
He would not flow like water or move like fire on a nice slow accelerant across a floor.
He wouldn't understand my connection with skatespots.
Data would not understand the aural pleasure of diamond plated metal.
The ping of a hand rail.
The grind tone of a 101a wheel on salt pitted black Top.

He would never leave the park. Soul less.

I wonder what Data would wear. I would paint him into a juggalo hype beast and misappropriate redesign the culture and tax the fuck out of data star trek dunks for non skaters.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4724 on: December 09, 2020, 11:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Is there a special place in hell for people who park in front of waxed curbs?
[close]
I’m that kinda dick that will skate my time entirely around the car till they move it.

i usually avoid it becuase im not that good at curbs and having a 70,000 detailed mercedes next to me certainly does not help.  its a red curb too but i dont wanna argue with a forty year old neighbor whos already stingy

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Cellular

« Reply #4725 on: December 09, 2020, 11:24:39 PM »
if the rest of the world knew how easy it was to remove security rivets, would there be any street signs left?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #4726 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »
I have a 2.5 year old daughter and I can't imagine what kind of technology she's going to have access to when she's in high school/college. 

I remember when my parents got a dvd player and it was high tech.  Renting dvds from Blockbuster.  We had dial-up internet (AOL all day) and if someone was on the computer, you couldn't use the phone.  Cell phones were crazy expensive.  I had one, but it was only for, "Emergencies."  In college, I lived in a nine bedroom house with one phone line.  Laptops were for true ballers and like the size of a VCR.  When I was a senior in college I started dating a freshman who lived in the dorms and the high speed internet blew my mind.

Now we basically have a computer/camera in our pocket at all times, electric cars, so many social media platforms, etc.  I can't imagine what it is going to be like for her in 15-16 years.  I'm excited and terrified at the same time. 

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4727 on: December 10, 2020, 07:49:42 AM »
maybe im just being an idiot but i cant for the life of me find a decent pair of cargos/track pants that are nylon/have that swooshy material and also have the drawstring toggle on the bottoms. tried a shit ton of searches involving toggles, hems, elasticated cuffs, cinch bottoms etc and the only close ones were all weird as fuck slim pairs from random "high end" fashion brands

tf do i search for, anyone got brand recs that fit what im looking for?

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4728 on: December 10, 2020, 08:17:54 AM »
When I shit before I shower, how well should i wipe?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4729 on: December 11, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
what do people say now instead of "fuccboi"?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4730 on: December 14, 2020, 01:59:35 PM »
It sucks how the right wing ruined conspiracy theories for the rest of us more sensible tinfoil hatters.

Cellular

« Reply #4731 on: December 14, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
It sucks how the right wing ruined conspiracy theories for the rest of us more sensible tinfoil hatters.

this.  had to explain multiple times that I do not believe coronavirus is a hoax and I strongly disagree with almost everything our president stands for

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4732 on: December 15, 2020, 04:47:54 AM »
what do people say now instead of "fuccboi"?

I've been hearing "Stuckboi" a lot recently.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4733 on: December 15, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »
Does anyone make fisheye or 360 view glasses? Like basically it would be a vr set with with cameras all around that would let you see everything that's going on around you. Could that even work for the brain? Feel like it could work for like racing or some ninja combat

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4734 on: December 15, 2020, 08:51:13 PM »
I picked up some empty bingo dabbers, 8oz Nalgene squeeze bottles, and a quart of automotive grade clear coat.

I'm hoping to fashion some sort of device where I can salba sauce some local spots that are in high public view. The rattle and spray of the standard clear coat can would be a hard feat to pull off. I've used the same bingo dabbers with thinner liquids for graffiti reasons, yet this one will be an experiment. I'll report back with details if it works.

edit:

For clarification, I'm taking the valve out of the bingo dabber. The nalgene 8oz will be in combo with a tiny paint brush.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:28:52 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Cellular

« Reply #4735 on: December 15, 2020, 08:56:02 PM »
why dont she love me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4736 on: December 15, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »
I picked up some empty bingo dabbers, 8oz Nalgene squeeze bottles, and a quart of automotive grade clear coat.

I'm hoping to fashion some sort of device where I can salba sauce some local spots that are in high public view. The rattle and spray of the standard clear coat can would be a hard feat to pull off. I've used the same bingo dabbers with thinner liquids for graffiti reasons, yet this one will an experiment. I'll report back with details if it works.

sounds like a great idea!

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #4737 on: December 16, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »

I'm hoping to fashion some sort of device where I can salba sauce some local spots that are in high public view. The rattle and spray of the standard clear coat can would be a hard feat to pull off. I've used the same bingo dabbers with thinner liquids for graffiti reasons, yet this one will an experiment. I'll report back with details if it works.
Bingo dabbers are classic but with the squeeze bottles make sure its on real tight and thin it out before if you have to otherwise the top will come off not of. Problem with nalagene squeeze bottles is that theyre way easier to squeeze than how well the top stays on. Things with strong twist tops like gatorade bottles work the best but you just have to squeeze harder. Fr though just out on a orange vest and use a can

I gotta stop being mean. Thats what im working on these days

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #4738 on: December 16, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
Anyone here interested or invested in Bitcoin? Big day today as it passed an all time high. 2021 looking to be a wild year. Just wish I had invested more earlier on, but still got in at a decent time.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #4739 on: December 16, 2020, 09:48:23 PM »