Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575124 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5340 on: November 28, 2021, 07:06:47 AM »
I’d rather take an ass beating then to be psychologically abused, why you ask?

At least the bruises heal the mental trauma is mind warping and conditioning to where you cannot see which way is up.
Dueces Bitch's

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #5341 on: November 29, 2021, 04:30:31 PM »
It’s crazy to think that every random person I see while going about my day (and everyone else on the planet) has an inner world that is just as deep and complex and important to them as mine is to me.  If not more-so.  Everyone’s walking around with their hopes and fears and plans their little idiosyncrasies and the devil whispering into their ear to do some bad shit.  It just seems like too much invisible stuff to be going on all at once.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Fhk

« Reply #5342 on: November 29, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
It’s crazy to think that every random person I see while going about my day (and everyone else on the planet) has an inner world that is just as deep and complex and important to them as mine is to me.  If not more-so.  Everyone’s walking around with their hopes and fears and plans their little idiosyncrasies and the devil whispering into their ear to do some bad shit.  It just seems like too much invisible stuff to be going on all at once.
I believe that those people walking around are like NPCs and I am the only real person in existence. I became bored and created Slap in my mind so I can have someone to babble with. This all became obvious when I noticed you all have silly names.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5343 on: November 30, 2021, 07:45:22 PM »
I've been sleeping in my jeans to get back to my skate rat roots.

It helps that the loose fit jeans I got from uniqlo are as comfortable as pajamas, but I wanted to harken back to days where I would overnight at friend's houses in other cities with little planning beyond the spots we wanted to skate.

Anybody else romanticize their vagabond years of life on the road like this?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5344 on: December 01, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »
the epic of gilgamesh. already december. time

dofrenzy

« Reply #5345 on: December 01, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »

Time flies.  Before you know it, we’ll all be dead.

Pondering quitting sugar.

Picked up part-time seasonal work at one of the large shipping companies.  After more than 5 years tracking exercise on an Apple Watch, I thought *maybe* I could hit 400% of my Move goal with a full day of skating plus 2 dog walks, but 400% seemed a bit out of reach to be honest.  Within 1 week of loading trucks, I hit 440% of my move goal.

One week later I hit 530%.

At 52+ years, I wouldn’t have thought I could handle it but one other thing has changed: my diet.  My wife and I made a pact a few weeks to eat a bit healthier, so lots of oatmeal, fruit, greens, tofu, etc.  After almost 7 hours of non-stop loading trucks last night, I feared this morning would be horrendous.  On the contrary, this morning was easy and included a 50 minute dog walk.

My change in diet seems to be a tremendous advantage.  Is sugar next?  Mentally, It feels like quitting cigarettes and weed and alcohol all at once but then again I know sugar is a problem for me.

Also, I “talk” too much here don’t I?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5346 on: December 01, 2021, 03:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Time flies.  Before you know it, we’ll all be dead.

Pondering quitting sugar.

Picked up part-time seasonal work at one of the large shipping companies.  After more than 5 years tracking exercise on an Apple Watch, I thought *maybe* I could hit 400% of my Move goal with a full day of skating plus 2 dog walks, but 400% seemed a bit out of reach to be honest.  Within 1 week of loading trucks, I hit 440% of my move goal.

One week later I hit 530%.

At 52+ years, I wouldn’t have thought I could handle it but one other thing has changed: my diet.  My wife and I made a pact a few weeks to eat a bit healthier, so lots of oatmeal, fruit, greens, tofu, etc.  After almost 7 hours of non-stop loading trucks last night, I feared this morning would be horrendous.  On the contrary, this morning was easy and included a 50 minute dog walk.

My change in diet seems to be a tremendous advantage.  Is sugar next?  Mentally, It feels like quitting cigarettes and weed and alcohol all at once but then again I know sugar is a problem for me.

Also, I “talk” too much here don’t I?
I've been quitting sugar for the last ten years. Only advice is ease into it. I often go no sugar for a month to six months max but end up going crazy and drinking 4L of coke and eating a kilo of candy everyday. The harder the pendulum swings one way the harder it wants to swing back. That of course is only advice for if you're like me and obsessive about things and also addicted to sugar

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5347 on: December 02, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »
escape samsara. social media has fried the brains of pretty much everyone that isnt living in straw huts. theyre almost better off tbh. its all so cringe the content the comments everything. this is social media too but im not talking about oldschool html message boards. the holidays what a sham its all hogwash. some reconciled paradoxes. people were dumber back in the day but they were wiser. life expectancy wasnt nearly as long as its today but they were healthier. etc etc. ancient airships are gnarly

35mm

• Rep: 27
« Reply #5348 on: December 02, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »

It's pretty crazy to think about it

https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5349 on: December 02, 2021, 01:04:07 PM »
escape samsara. social media has fried the brains of pretty much everyone that isnt living in straw huts. theyre almost better off tbh. its all so cringe the content the comments everything. this is social media too but im not talking about oldschool html message boards. the holidays what a sham its all hogwash. some reconciled paradoxes. people were dumber back in the day but they were wiser. life expectancy wasnt nearly as long as its today but they were healthier. etc etc. ancient airships are gnarly
Life expectancy is a weird one. Take out sudden infant death, women dying in childbirth,war, mass sickness people always lived about the same amount. Just more people don't have to deal with these issues anymore

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5350 on: December 03, 2021, 05:10:51 AM »
Maybe I should of just always bought dunks and P rods etc. They were way more expensive but maybe they would of lasted longer and my feet wouldn't hurt now. Altho my feet mostly hurt because I'm supposed to wear a 13 or even 14 but wore 12s and 11s.
Could of also used Jessup instead of mob to make shoes last longer. Always thought I couldn't skate properly in padded cupsoles but I haven't done anything decent since 2011 so what's the difference haha

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5351 on: December 03, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's pretty crazy to think about it

https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder

Wow, that person had the same exact thought as me but said it better.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #5352 on: December 03, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »
my orb
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5353 on: December 07, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »
warhammer 40ks too expensive. model trains are sweet. now armored trains from the wh40k world which do exist would be so gnarly irl

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5354 on: December 08, 2021, 12:13:06 AM »
warhammer 40ks too expensive. model trains are sweet. now armored trains from the wh40k world which do exist would be so gnarly irl

I really like the lore/story but zero interest in the table top. Wish I had, I think.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5355 on: December 08, 2021, 09:03:29 AM »
ive read the lore. most of it. its decently written and i can see why ppl like it. i respect the artistic side of the models because in some ways like sk8ing it takes patience and skills. space marines titans and dreadnoughts etc

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5356 on: December 08, 2021, 05:25:54 PM »
It's weird how the left is pro Vax and the right anti. If you told me years ago what would happen with covid and one side would be all modern medicine and the other anti I would of definately thought the hippys would be drinking teas and eating roots and the stern boys would all be all get in line do your duty.
(Altho I'm very aware there's plenty on both sides feeling both ways. Not looking to start any big arguments here)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5357 on: December 09, 2021, 04:47:19 AM »
It's weird how the left is pro Vax and the right anti. If you told me years ago what would happen with covid and one side would be all modern medicine and the other anti I would of definately thought the hippys would be drinking teas and eating roots and the stern boys would all be all get in line do your duty.
(Altho I'm very aware there's plenty on both sides feeling both ways. Not looking to start any big arguments here)

In Russia, people against the regime are vaxxin, Putin cocksuckers dont. So, yeah...

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5358 on: December 09, 2021, 02:34:30 PM »
dogons and sirius

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5359 on: December 11, 2021, 10:20:26 AM »
Ok Satori did soy/corn oil alternative wheels. I heard it didn't work out but did they try making bushings out of these things?

I feel like if we took the GK style metal core bushings and avoided the plastic core bones method it might be worth a try.

If we don't do something soon it will be 100% too late.

Bones bushings = k cups or juul pods
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #5360 on: December 11, 2021, 10:39:48 AM »
ive read the lore. most of it. its decently written and i can see why ppl like it. i respect the artistic side of the models because in some ways like sk8ing it takes patience and skills. space marines titans and dreadnoughts etc
My older brother was really in to it in the early 90s. Turned me on to Bolt Thrower at the same time. I’ve never been social enough to play, but I’ve been thinking about painting the figurines a lot lately, just something to do. I’m not artistic, and there’s hardly a creative bone in my body, but this is something I want to try.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5361 on: December 11, 2021, 04:25:38 PM »
I can’t see why people love Willy Wonka.  To me, he seemed like a dangerous sociopath, compulsive liar, master manipulator and arguably a little bit of a child abuser. 

Am I missing something?  Where’s the lovable part?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 05:25:36 PM by SneakySecrets »

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #5362 on: December 11, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »
I can’t see why people love Willy Wanka.  To me, he seemed like a dangerous sociopath, compulsive liar, master manipulator and arguably a little bit of a child abuser. 

He was like Cruella, but the dalmatians were children.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5363 on: December 11, 2021, 05:09:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I can’t see why people love Willy Wanka.  To me, he seemed like a dangerous sociopath, compulsive liar, master manipulator and arguably a little bit of a child abuser. 

[close]
Do people actually love willy Wonka the character or just the movie as a whole?

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #5364 on: December 11, 2021, 05:13:12 PM »
I can’t see why people love Willy Wanka.  To me, he seemed like a dangerous sociopath, compulsive liar, master manipulator and arguably a little bit of a child spoiled brat abuser

Oh, the places you'll go.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5365 on: December 11, 2021, 05:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Do people actually love willy Wonka the character or just the movie as a whole?

Just anecdotally I’ve heard people specifically liking the character.  I guess he is supposed to be redeemed in the end because it turns out that he cooked up the whole scheme to teach kids life lessons, but what makes him qualified to do that?  Its not like he’s some trained child psychologist, he’s just some dude that makes candy bars.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5366 on: December 11, 2021, 05:49:20 PM »
If it's worth it trying to date/have a relationship or if I should just start seeing pros again

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5367 on: December 12, 2021, 01:36:10 AM »
All light switches should have dimmer dials on them.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5368 on: December 13, 2021, 06:13:49 AM »
Where’s @matty_c been? I just realized I haven’t seen him around here in awhile.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5369 on: December 13, 2021, 06:44:56 AM »
Where’s @matty_c been? I just realized I haven’t seen him around here in awhile.
Wtf literally just thought the same thing. Hope all is well