Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575044 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5610 on: May 07, 2022, 06:58:47 PM »
Expand Quote

This is a close up of me preparing for crook pop out on a tight squeeze flat bar. I pressed it into a wall for support because I hate this shotgun style double round rail.
Pressing into a wall made it so I can hit it on its side so it’s just a regular round rail slightly up hill.

I have been noticing how much I been relying on ocd hand gestures to crook. If you look close I’m using my back hand like a sight on the end of a gun barrel.
If I don’t do this motion before all front truck grinds I will probably fail or feel unfulfilled upon landing.

Do you have any ocd skate thinking that you’d like to share?
[close]
Don't really want to use ocd label for myself altho talking to my parents there was def stuff from when I was a kid but my parents were of a time and culture where they were just like yeah that's not a thing. He doesn't need special treatment or medicine for this bullshit he can just be wierd. And there's a pattern of it getting considerably better as I get older but for me it's about routines/ order. So say I wanted to kickflip 5-0 a ledge well first I have to 5050 then 5-0 then kickflip 5050 then I can do the kickflip 5-0. Not so much a problem anymore tho (probably because I rarely do anything hard anymore lol)

Not to go too far off topic (it's a little related) I wonder if when skaters talk about blacking out and landing a trick if they ever played sports. When i used to play soccer and football it was the only real time my brain would shut off and I could just do stuff not worrying about the order etc I never got it skating sober and it never worked for me in training for sports etc it had to be a game.

Same. I black out with sports. I have been compared to a dog when playing catch. It’s nearly impossible for me to miss a catch. I haul ass. It’s instinct af.  I usually don’t  remember anything other than rolling out of it and throwing it to second.

I liked to smoke dust and play soft ball. Full black out mad plays.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5611 on: May 07, 2022, 07:37:40 PM »
I've never given a shit about pop culture, but being an internet junkie you are forced into caring.  What I would do to never hear about the Johnny Depp Trial or the Will Smith slap again.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5612 on: May 08, 2022, 03:47:40 PM »
Why is it that in movies set in medieval times, a lot of the time they’ll start off a scene with the king just sitting on his throne staring into space?  What the fuck are they doing all day?  Just waiting around for some underling to march in there and hit him with some bad news?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5613 on: May 08, 2022, 05:55:58 PM »
They're just waiting for the movie to start. Most films and shows set in medieval times just rely on cliches people have seen before. According to many history dweebs it would of looked pretty much nothing like what we think it looked like. What we think of visually is other old movies and plays and what castles etc look like now. Even down to combat we're used to seeing actors lazily swing massive swords at each other but realistically it was probably level with samurai stuff. Real armory and weapons were pretty light.anyway back to start king sits there looking into space because that's probably how a scene from a Shakespeare play started and everyone ripped it off and now that's what we expect.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5614 on: May 08, 2022, 11:12:53 PM »
Has anyone in the history of human civilization been less funny than Trevor Noah?
Yes. Literally millions upon millions of people have been less funny.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5615 on: May 08, 2022, 11:23:41 PM »
How do you scare off/kill some animals without scaring off/killing others? BB guns etc aren't an option.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5616 on: May 10, 2022, 11:23:50 AM »
how most americans are aware we were lied to about iraq and afghanistan but trust the government about its current foreign policy

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #5617 on: May 11, 2022, 02:55:24 AM »
Did I give my cat depression? When I felt depressed he was feeling low too and now when I'm feeling better he is more active and playful.

Also I've been in romantic relationships most of my adult life and at the age of 32 I've been single the longest time ever (8 months) and I feel like why didn't I do this earlier? I've always liked being alone more than be in company. Is this what social programming does, makes you want something that's not the best for you? The possibility of having many companions of friendship and sex while maintaining autonomy intrigues me today. Is this something people with no care for social constructs think about a lot? Should I join a cult?     

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5618 on: May 13, 2022, 06:28:44 PM »
Why do individual humans look so different from one another but squirrels all look basically the same? 

Or do individual squirrels look just as unique and distinct to other squirrels and I’m just blind to it because of my biased human perceptual bubble?

Same could be said for lots of other animals too.  If I kidnapped the hummingbird that visits your backyard  feeder everyday and replaced it with a different hummingbird, would you even notice?  No way Jose.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5619 on: May 13, 2022, 08:25:37 PM »
Maybe if they weren't completely covered in fur or feathers we'd be able to tell them apart easier. Or it's just what happens if you have a couple hundred thousand more years of evolution. Maybe in another couple thousand years humans will of bred enough we start looking more similar. Or you have to find an example of people from one very specific area with little race diversity.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5620 on: May 15, 2022, 05:44:06 PM »
How much life there is in the world, and how much there has been.
There's one tree that's super old, a bristlecone pine that is 4,841 years old apparently. Apart from that outlier, there would be next to nothing that's seen the last millenia through still alive today, at least compared to the living things. It's beautiful how the world has developed into how it is today; If someone ate an apple 100 years ago and threw out the core, assuming all went well there would be another tree there. The cycle continues, and the little deaths of the tree's fruits lead to uncountable lives being created and sustained.
Let's say that in a few years, or months, or days, the tree gets struck by lightning and falls down. Unfortunately, this leads to its death. But all is not lost! Mushrooms grow around it, breaking down the matter into nutrients for other plants to use. And from that, trees and plants, ferns, everything gets fed better from one little loss of life.
I think that that is beautiful. How the web of plant life can feed itself, and in the process sustain the lives of countless animals. There is so much beauty in the world, and I really love it.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5621 on: May 16, 2022, 08:13:19 AM »
I wish I had a Rad Rat patch for my vest. I think that would be the shit.

I frickin love rad rat.
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5622 on: May 16, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »
Do pro skaters apply proper sun protection before long sessions in the hot summer sun? Do any skate companies sell sunscreen?

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5623 on: May 16, 2022, 05:13:50 PM »
Do pro skaters apply proper sun protection before long sessions in the hot summer sun? Do any skate companies sell sunscreen?
i feel like they don't, grease and sweat wouldn't look very appealing on camera
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5624 on: May 17, 2022, 07:51:34 PM »
Regarding the congressional ufo hearings, shouldn’t it be some kind of jail-able offense for Pentagon officials to essentially refuse to tell them anything?  At the very least, shouldn’t they lose their job?

I don’t agree with it, but I guess there’s a case to be made for not disclosing info to the public if it’s some really wild shit that would cause mass hysteria.

But ultimately, we’re the ones paying their god damn salaries so let’s see some of those crazy alien vids we paid for.

—-

Also, why do we still feel outrage when people behave how people have always behaved throughout history?  We’ve been doing horrible, evil, cruel shit to one another since the beginning of time; you’d think that at some point it’d sink in that that’s just our default setting and that things like peace and tolerance and harmony are the outliers.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5625 on: May 18, 2022, 10:19:49 AM »
Regarding the congressional ufo hearings, shouldn’t it be some kind of jail-able offense for Pentagon officials to essentially refuse to tell them anything?  At the very least, shouldn’t they lose their job?

I don’t agree with it, but I guess there’s a case to be made for not disclosing info to the public if it’s some really wild shit that would cause mass hysteria.

But ultimately, we’re the ones paying their god damn salaries so let’s see some of those crazy alien vids we paid for.

—-

Also, why do we still feel outrage when people behave how people have always behaved throughout history?  We’ve been doing horrible, evil, cruel shit to one another since the beginning of time; you’d think that at some point it’d sink in that that’s just our default setting and that things like peace and tolerance and harmony are the outliers.

I feel you. I’m pretty sure it’s because we’re surrounded by et.

I seen a ufo once. It was a giant flaming rock I think. I was skating a quarter pipe in the Marblehead woods pretty much. 
The sky lit up above us and a stone made of green fire just flew over our heads and it should have hit close by but it didn’t. Nothing was ever found and there was no impact sound.

That shit was loud when it was flying by too. 

Maybe it crashed into the waters off the coast of Naugus head?

No drugs was involved and there was two others there.

Few days later a local family was chased by a ufo. They said it was right about their car for a few blocks. Was in the papers and shit.

Everyone was making fun of them but I know they wasn’t lying. They definitely saw a ufo triangle
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5626 on: May 18, 2022, 03:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote

—-

[close]

I feel you. I’m pretty sure it’s because we’re surrounded by et.

I seen a ufo once. It was a giant flaming rock I think. I was skating a quarter pipe in the Marblehead woods pretty much. 
The sky lit up above us and a stone made of green fire just flew over our heads and it should have hit close by but it didn’t. Nothing was ever found and there was no impact sound.

That shit was loud when it was flying by too. 

Maybe it crashed into the waters off the coast of Naugus head?

No drugs was involved and there was two others there.

Few days later a local family was chased by a ufo. They said it was right about their car for a few blocks. Was in the papers and shit.

Everyone was making fun of them but I know they wasn’t lying. They definitely saw a ufo triangle

I saw one off-season at the Outer Banks with my girlfriend at the time.  Looked up and it was just this orb of light silently hovering maybe 500ft in the air.  After a few seconds it shot off into the horizon and was gone almost instantaneously without ever making any kind of sound. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5627 on: May 20, 2022, 09:21:04 AM »
Can't remember if I've posted this pondering/waffling before so soz if I have
Why isn't Florida a proper rival of California for skate industry etc. Seems like a proper chunk of pros are from there, there's Tampa pro and am every year, it's closer to the mid west and east coast, it's already part of the south, Closer to europe (altho further from Asia so I guess further shipping for product)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5628 on: May 21, 2022, 07:30:46 PM »
I haven’t been this bored in a long long time.
(A)pl(E)

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #5629 on: May 22, 2022, 09:54:07 AM »
howcome Shoo Goo was never a main sponsor for skateboard events etc..? seems like it makes total sense.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #5630 on: May 22, 2022, 11:09:25 AM »
why howcome Shoo Goo was never a main sponsor for skateboard events etc..? seems like it makes total sense.

Fixed that for you.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #5631 on: May 22, 2022, 11:26:23 AM »
Expand Quote
why howcome Shoo Goo was never a main sponsor for skateboard events etc..? seems like it makes total sense.
[close]

Fixed that for you.

why come Shoo Goo?  gtfo, grammar police.
I know I could have typed something more eloquent for you, but seriously, who gives a fuck?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5632 on: May 22, 2022, 11:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fixed that for you.
[close]

why come Shoo Goo?  gtfo, grammar police.
I know I could have typed something more eloquent for you, but seriously, why who gives a fuck?
Fixed that for you.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5633 on: May 24, 2022, 10:26:47 PM »
In the future will people ever think back like remember that time between 2015-2025 ish where we just had too much tv? Like there were a hundred streaming things that would all dump entire series of a show every day and people would literally binge watch it. 18 hours of a show in one sitting barely even paying attention. Not to mention every other week a blockbuster half billion dollar spectacle at the movies. It's was nuts. Even crazier some people would spend all their free time watching somebody else watching something.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5634 on: May 26, 2022, 05:16:20 AM »
Did I give my cat depression? When I felt depressed he was feeling low too and now when I'm feeling better he is more active and playful. 

pets pick up on your mood for sure.  well, dogs certainly.  i expect cats also.  dont feel bad about it though, theyre there for you like youre there for them

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5635 on: May 26, 2022, 05:23:13 AM »
i dreamt last night i was in a room with richie jackson and i was annoyed he was hogging a joint.  he smoked two thirds before offering me any, but i declined incase he had covid and also i dont smoke weed anymore.
then he stubbed it out on a fillet of salmon(skin side down) and placed the remainder of the joint in an ashtray, next to another butt he had smoked two thirds of.
idk why i thought of richie jackson, i never think about richie jackson.  was probably the jamie griffin crazy tricks talk.
salmon was skin side down because i guess thats what any reasonable person would do.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5636 on: May 29, 2022, 01:40:47 PM »
I turned on the tv and saw that Nigel got attacked by a naked man in his bathroom.

Shits kinda crazy. Nor does the story make much sense. Why this kind of damage control? I hope he’s good. Anxiety after a trauma is a bitch. Does feel like dying

https://youtu.be/5MiTvqsWteo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 03:23:08 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5637 on: June 02, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
Why are ghosts depicted wearing clothing? How does clothing become supernatural? Seems like ghosts should all be naked.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5638 on: June 03, 2022, 03:53:31 PM »
Why are ghosts depicted wearing clothing? How does clothing become supernatural? Seems like ghosts should all be naked.

Pretty sure that’s covered somewhere in here.

-

Have we (humans), through all the wars and violence throughout history, inadvertently selected to increase the relative amount of pussies in the population as a whole?

You gotta figure that a lot of the people laying dead on a battlefield were some brave mother fuckers.  Whole bunch of dead brave guys.  Then another war eventually happens and more of the society’s brave mother fuckers charge into battle and get killed, and again and again and again for generations.

Meanwhile all the cowardly dudes are back home making arrows or farming or whatever in relative safety, making them far less likely to die than some bad ass warrior charging straight into the enemy’s frontline.

Maybe it’s balanced out by the fact that in general, most women would find the super brave guy much more attractive than the pussy.  And there’s also the fact that if the enemy ever successfully broke through to the town or city that there’s a good chance that they’d just go ahead and kill all the civilians.  Who knows

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5639 on: June 06, 2022, 11:29:55 PM »
I predict this is the last year of sls. The thing that was just on maybe isn't the best example because it was at the primative park but looks like Cariuma and monster don't even sponsor it anymore. Every year the courses have gotten smaller and simpler. I predict in 2023 it will just be some bland Olympic qualifier series