Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575006 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5640 on: June 08, 2022, 05:55:59 AM »
It would be better if there were only 6days a week and 12 months of 30days. Altho you then get 5 weeks per month which doesn't divide by 12 nicely everything is still cleaner. The year will just be 360 days then we can do one of the new 6 day weeks as a holiday if we need
366. Or make first of every other month a day off.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5641 on: June 10, 2022, 08:23:54 PM »
Should we really be “playing devil’s advocate” so casually in discussion?  I mean think about what you’re saying; from what I hear, he’s a pretty fucked up dude.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5642 on: June 10, 2022, 10:46:53 PM »
Ok, I just need to write this somewhere.  It's been bouncing around in my head and I just need to send it out somewhere to be able to get some context / free my head of it.  I know I sound like a 15 year old smoking weed for the first time, but fuck it.

We tend to think we can fix our evolution & live forever, but in reality we're just coming to the end of our run or preparing for an evolutionary event.  Our entire societies fabric is made up of mining, which is ethically fucked and using finite resources. We're not giving up our iPhones even though children in the Congo are dying for them, but we'll use metal straws and reusable bags at our shopping centres.  The real problem is in production to sustain this life and our need to have it and our ability to ignore the cost for the end product.  The only way we'll straighten our course is to stop production of most things that fuel our lives these days and to go back to pre technological times, but that can't / wont happen.

This is our evolution.  We're creating self learning AI at a quickening rate, and our needs will deplete the earth sooner or later while recreating ourselves into oblivion. Our dire narcissism.  We have access to all the information now to understand everything, but it's just overwhelming.  Add in the warming of our planet, and it's a one way trip.  The billionaires know it, hence the space ships and looking to protect their legacies on a new planet one day.  A dying planet shoots spores out to the cosmos in a hope to extend our existence.  In Scifi, you'd think that guy who jettisons from an exploding planet is the last hope of a civilisation, but living in it you know it's some billionaire pig who added to our extinction in a final selfish act.  In simple terms, we're just a virus that's in it's final mutations.  People seem to think the style of life we have lead in the last 70 to 100 years is everything we are.

So it's not something to fix, it's something to come to terms with.  Not saying we shouldn't try, but i'm beginning to see it all as futile as flicking boogers against a speeding car hoping to stop it. 

Somehow, this gives me hope or at least some peace to the never ending barrage of noise & doom that we're confronted with these days, and it's only hard because we've had a pretty fuckin easy run.

Having a kid really smashes these thoughts into your being, but i'm starting to feel more like 'im so glad you're here and we get to experience life together' than gut wrenching guilt for bringing her into this shitshow.

Ok, peace.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5643 on: June 10, 2022, 11:40:20 PM »
I don't believe the zillionares actually want to live on another planet. I think they want to figure out how to leave the earth for a period of time while something happens and wipes most of the rest of humanity out and then they can return. Covid was just a test.
(I don't actually believe this it's just lolz)

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5644 on: June 11, 2022, 12:03:23 AM »
Yeah, I dunno how much of what I wrote I believe, just letting it run to the abyss so my wife doesn't think i'm some kinda illuminati nutcase trying to explain it lol

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5645 on: June 11, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »
Danny Jones is one of my favorite skaters on instagram. He’s also I think he’s the most skilled remive guy in my eyes. Also he’s hella lucky to have a lady friend who can do a bunch of nollie and switch stuff. How lucky can you get?

But yeah people think it’s John hill or giger Johnny but Jonesy’s doing nothing but manuals all the time and they are usually ones I just couldn’t do or never have or will try.

He makes me wanna tighten my back  truck a little and Torture myself at the Manny pad till I focus my face in disgrace.

I luv manuals. I love manuals and he deserves to have a positive post on slap for being a genuine manny underboss.

All the bosses are my age.

I’m putting together an 8” board today specifically for manuals and stuff. I’m just going to skate my stage 7s because I couldn’t sell them locally. Probably because they are for 8 down and the yoke hang up thing. It’s a street truck. No need for inverted yokes.

I’ve found that old Indy 139s are the best truck for me when I do flips into manny.

I have no idea why but it just works better than all modern trucks I have for manny tricks.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5646 on: June 12, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5647 on: June 12, 2022, 12:28:50 PM »
Ok, I just need to write this somewhere.  It's been bouncing around in my head and I just need to send it out somewhere to be able to get some context / free my head of it.  I know I sound like a 15 year old smoking weed for the first time, but fuck it.

We tend to think we can fix our evolution & live forever, but in reality we're just coming to the end of our run or preparing for an evolutionary event.  Our entire societies fabric is made up of mining, which is ethically fucked and using finite resources. We're not giving up our iPhones even though children in the Congo are dying for them, but we'll use metal straws and reusable bags at our shopping centres.  The real problem is in production to sustain this life and our need to have it and our ability to ignore the cost for the end product.  The only way we'll straighten our course is to stop production of most things that fuel our lives these days and to go back to pre technological times, but that can't / wont happen.

This is our evolution.  We're creating self learning AI at a quickening rate, and our needs will deplete the earth sooner or later while recreating ourselves into oblivion. Our dire narcissism.  We have access to all the information now to understand everything, but it's just overwhelming.  Add in the warming of our planet, and it's a one way trip.  The billionaires know it, hence the space ships and looking to protect their legacies on a new planet one day.  A dying planet shoots spores out to the cosmos in a hope to extend our existence.  In Scifi, you'd think that guy who jettisons from an exploding planet is the last hope of a civilisation, but living in it you know it's some billionaire pig who added to our extinction in a final selfish act.  In simple terms, we're just a virus that's in it's final mutations.  People seem to think the style of life we have lead in the last 70 to 100 years is everything we are.

So it's not something to fix, it's something to come to terms with.  Not saying we shouldn't try, but i'm beginning to see it all as futile as flicking boogers against a speeding car hoping to stop it. 

Somehow, this gives me hope or at least some peace to the never ending barrage of noise & doom that we're confronted with these days, and it's only hard because we've had a pretty fuckin easy run.

Having a kid really smashes these thoughts into your being, but i'm starting to feel more like 'im so glad you're here and we get to experience life together' than gut wrenching guilt for bringing her into this shitshow.

Ok, peace.

I’m sure I’m not the first one to think this but could a case be made that all of our god damn tech devices are a new form of life?  Instead of reproducing, disseminating and evolving the old-fashioned way, they’re parasitically getting another species to do it for them.  Almost like a macroscopic virus  :o.

Edit:  Just looked it up and apparently most biologists say viruses don’t fulfill all the requirements to be considered to be “alive”.  Still an interesting idea in my opinion.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5648 on: June 15, 2022, 11:23:42 AM »
i always thought those E-SK8's were kinda corny but randomly just occurred to me, would be kind of dope to have for a filmer so he doesnt have to push to film the lines
ONTARIO CANADA

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #5649 on: June 15, 2022, 05:11:30 PM »
If Sheckler went and landed the bs flip on El Toro when he tried it, which was a decent amount of time after telling Phelps he did it, would people have noticed he was older than the time he was speaking to Phelps? Would he have just straight up admitted he hadn't done it then, but planned to do it? Don't know why I'm pondering Sheckler, but here we are.

Irvine-Sucks.com

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5650 on: June 16, 2022, 05:26:42 PM »
Wouldn’t it save everyone a lot of headache and misery if Biden just cut the bullshit and sent the (now) $55 billion directly to Raytheon and Lockheed Martin but without sending any weapons?

That way all the evil, corrupt elites can get their god damn money they want so fucking bad and maybe we can quit prolonging this ridiculous war and Russians and Ukrainians can stop killing each other and due to this delusion that Ukraine has any chance of winning?  Seems like a win-win.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #5651 on: June 17, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
What percentage of skate videos can you identify the trick by seeing the first second of the rollup? I recently watched Mosaic, which I've probably seen 100+ times in my life, and realized I probably could get about 98-99% of the tricks right just seeing the first frame of the clip. My memory is pretty shitty these days, but my favorite skate videos are definitely engrained in my head.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5652 on: June 21, 2022, 09:18:35 AM »
Sorta random thoughts about skate videos in general. Went to prems of bag of suck, fully flared, mind field, stay gold, pretty sweet and more I can't remember and it was always like an event to look forward to that built and built. I think fully flared was the absolute peak of skate video decadence. As far as the time and travel and production value. Pretty sweet was the biggest downer like it actually felt in the cinema like everyone was disappointed as it was playing. Like as a whole the skate community sobered up and thought oh yeah we don't actually want this anymore. And this was further felt by talking to people after the prem.
Anyway fast forward ten years and right now I'm looking at tubi and see they have some of the Crail videos including "the flare". I never even bothered to watch this when it came out and totally forgot it existed. Put it on and barely made it past the intro before turning it off.
But why did I and everyone else get over this type of video? What do i care how much they spend or travel? Maybe it's just like those crazy hamburgers restraunts make with way too much stuff on it. Like more should be better but it's not really an enjoyable eating experience

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5653 on: June 23, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »
Juul banned nationally?

Gas on a fire. Everyone vapes.

What has been happened to me that it must be banned. Has to be better than smoking?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5654 on: June 25, 2022, 07:22:11 PM »
When is the British court system going to drop those ridiculous wigs?  Even swapping them out for those helmets with the beer cans and straws on each side would be an improvement.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #5655 on: June 25, 2022, 07:53:45 PM »
You will never understand the elegant joys of being a fop dandy. Good day.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5656 on: June 25, 2022, 11:44:01 PM »
I know this old fella from the pub, who over the years has become quite a good friend.
One of his favourite sayings is “you can’t make strawberry jam outta pig shit and I’m here to prove it!”

He’s back home soon from FIFO work so I might finally ask him what it means.
Reschs Refreshes

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5657 on: June 26, 2022, 12:18:04 PM »
I just realized that most ice skaters do their tricks fakie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNOnXTe4Ok

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #5658 on: June 27, 2022, 04:04:51 AM »
The internet used to feel like walking into a giant abyss of a library. Almost everything and damn near anything, the unknowns and the familiar, just free to walk around this place. To discover.

Now, you enter the library and are immediately stopped at the front door. You get to wait around in the foyer while some entity goes in the back and brings you things. The most power you have is to ask “do you have anything about this subject” but it’s like talking to a golden retriever, constantly, almost INCESSANTLY bringing you random shit, to which you may say “yes I like this” or “no I don’t like this”. What the fuck is happening? Yes/no answers are not conducive to exploration. It’s mind numbing, overwhelming, and impossible to stay focused. STOP TRYING TO GET TO KNOW ME WEIRDO. I’m so sick of being micromanaged.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #5659 on: June 27, 2022, 04:20:55 AM »
I know this old fella from the pub, who over the years has become quite a good friend.
One of his favourite sayings is “you can’t make strawberry jam outta pig shit and I’m here to prove it!”

He’s back home soon from FIFO work so I might finally ask him what it means.

I think it's a bit like "You can only fuck with the dick you got" meaning you just have to make do with what you're given.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5660 on: June 27, 2022, 05:04:46 AM »
Can you just not copyright a cartoon? That can't be true in any way but I have like ten different streaming things and they all seem to have a dozen cartoons that are clones of each other. There's like a bunch of camp something, ones with loud in the title and like strange or something sort of like regular show or gravity falls. This should be a good thing because I have endless hours of shit to put on to entertain kids but I just had to look for like an hour for their show they like while they winge "nah not this one it's different". I thought Disney was mean why are they letting so many copies of their properties exist?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5661 on: June 27, 2022, 08:04:05 AM »
The internet used to feel like walking into a giant abyss of a library. Almost everything and damn near anything, the unknowns and the familiar, just free to walk around this place. To discover.

Now, you enter the library and are immediately stopped at the front door. You get to wait around in the foyer while some entity goes in the back and brings you things. The most power you have is to ask “do you have anything about this subject” but it’s like talking to a golden retriever, constantly, almost INCESSANTLY bringing you random shit, to which you may say “yes I like this” or “no I don’t like this”. What the fuck is happening? Yes/no answers are not conducive to exploration. It’s mind numbing, overwhelming, and impossible to stay focused. STOP TRYING TO GET TO KNOW ME WEIRDO. I’m so sick of being micromanaged.

A rare @Complements4U sighting!  Hope you’re doing well.

—-

Assuming the devil exists, does he like being the devil?

Would being the devil be cool?  Seems like one of those things that sounds good on paper (or in his case, the dried and stretched skin peeled off the still shrieking bodies of the craven and sinful), but maybe it wouldn’t be so great.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5662 on: June 27, 2022, 12:50:53 PM »
What percentage of skate videos can you identify the trick by seeing the first second of the rollup? I recently watched Mosaic, which I've probably seen 100+ times in my life, and realized I probably could get about 98-99% of the tricks right just seeing the first frame of the clip. My memory is pretty shitty these days, but my favorite skate videos are definitely engrained in my head.

I like playing this game with new video parts. I like to try to guess what trick the skater is going to do based on the skater's stance, where they're looking, what they are rolling up to, etc. I think I get about 40% of the tricks correct.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5663 on: June 27, 2022, 11:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like playing this game with new video parts. I like to try to guess what trick the skater is going to do based on the skater's stance, where they're looking, what they are rolling up to, etc. I think I get about 40% of the tricks correct.
I'm enough of a nerd that I'd put it up in the 99% mark. There's something about specific videos for sure tho like anything new I can probably guess the trick easy enough but if I remember the trick two minutes later is something altogether different. For some reason I used to think the best thing to do is learn how to do every trick with your feet set up the same. Dustin Dollin and Jeremy Wray style. I could kinda do it for most things but I don't know if size 13 feet make it easier or harder

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5664 on: June 29, 2022, 10:05:22 AM »
Would life be better or worse if instead of skateboarding in the Olympics it was scootering.
I'm 100% claiming western Sydney is the scooter riding capital of the world. Wherever you're from if you think you have a lot of scooters I guarantee we got ten times more.
If scootering was in the Olympics skateboarding would be near impossible at any parks etc but on the other hand it would push skating out of the mainstream and have less comp oriented parents etc I don't mind skate contests I'll watch sls xgames whatever but the whole calling it a sport shit can stop

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5665 on: June 30, 2022, 02:23:20 AM »
Did Jackie Chan purposely mess up stunts/let actors eat shit for bloopers in the credits of his movies?

If someone owned a property and someone made a clip like the new Bronson ad wouldn't it be pretty easy for them to find and sue?
https://youtu.be/YtOo5whqbzM

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5666 on: July 02, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »
Is it weird that I'm glad I'm not gonna go see my friend tomorrow. Me and a buddy were suppose to drive to Palm Springs to go see him. I was talking to him and he told me that he cant really hang out and that we should reschedule for another day. I'm kinda relieved cuz I didnt really feel like driving 2 hours out there and I wasnt in the mood to drink to the point of not being able to drive back home later.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5667 on: July 02, 2022, 02:47:37 PM »
Wondering at what point the rest of the world is gonna see the US as an existential threat to life on earth and preemptively nuke us into oblivion
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5668 on: July 02, 2022, 11:35:44 PM »
Been hammering rain all weekend been on the couch watching whatever that skate contests in Rome is. Literally every other minute the camera cuts to the crowd and it will be on a random woman or women. Is Italy still like the 70s stereotype and just needs constant ladies on tv or is it like see skaters aren't losers all these girls are watching, we're actually cool.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5669 on: July 03, 2022, 07:13:41 PM »
How fucking gnarly would it have been to be a solider in big ancient battles?  Knowing that in the best case scenario will be for you to commit multiple, up-close murders, all while knowing the enemy is trying to do the same to you.  People killing and being killed everywhere you look…  It was probably more terrifying and gory than we could possibly imagine.

There are several examples of soldiers literally shitting themselves right before combat began.  And imagine seeing multiple armored war elephant charging towards you.  I wonder what thoughts were running through their heads.