Author Topic: napa valley? (petaluma, santa rosa etc..)  (Read 2405 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
napa valley? (petaluma, santa rosa etc..)
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
are there any good parks in this area?  the only one i saw was that crazy one in Petaluma and it looks like a small one in Heldsberg

also any other tips on cool stuff appreciated.  gonna be in Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Heldsberg area for sure.  good mexican places?  other cool shit?  i'm already hitting the breweries

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:15:21 AM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

cool spot

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: napa valley? (petaluma, santa rosa etc..)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
lots of good stuff. there is a cool DIY in petaluma, there used to be one in Santa Rosa, but it got destroyed, but I heard rumblings of a new one. Sebastopol has a pretty cool park which is a little west of Santa Rosa. The Santa rosa park is a crazy beast thats a snake run/lumps/hard to skate, but very enjoyable. If you go a little farther from the area is St Helena thats fucking massive and all sorts of rad.

are you staying in the area or what? Lots of really, really cool street spots out there too.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
St Helena is one of the best parks in the area

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
thanks fellas.  knew i could count on you guys.  i'm actually staying in Sebastopol so i'll be stoked on that.  Helena looks awesome too.  between these parks and the breweries up there i should have plenty to do all weekend.  thanks dudes.  where's the DIY spot in Petaluma cool spot? 
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »
The skatepark in sebastopol is pretty good. Also, if you go one block east and half a block south of the park you can get all spot touristy on this silas rail at 4:01

This is my favorite mexican food in Santa Rosa
http://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-las-palmas-santa-rosa#query:Mexican%20Food

I hope you're also going to hit up Moonlight Brewing! Amazing!
http://www.moonlightbrewing.com/
Unofficial tasting room is at Flavor Bistro in Santa Rosa

I wish I was back home!

ps. This is all Sonoma County not Napa County fool
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:40:28 PM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:41:09 PM »
where's the DIY spot in Petaluma cool spot? 
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it is gone.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
Damn cool spot how long did you live in Santa Rosa?  It's pretty big and spread out but there's few enough skateboarders that I'm surprised I never saw you around. 

wheee!

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »
foley st and the petaluma spot are both gone.  if you go to sebastopol park shoot me a pm, my work shares a fence with it.  i would go to santa rosa park just to see and skate it once. 

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
Damn cool spot how long did you live in Santa Rosa?  It's pretty big and spread out but there's few enough skateboarders that I'm surprised I never saw you around. 

I only lived there for about a year and a half. left in february. I skated foley a lot, and I lived across the st from the school with crusty ass ledges at college and humboldt, so me and my roommmate skated there everyday haha.

i used to love downtown missions there. lots of weirdness that was fairly untapped, but hard to skate well. I always thought SR had a big scene, but i was coming from college where the scene was pretty much us and some younger kids who lurked our shit.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
foley st and the petaluma spot are both gone.  if you go to sebastopol park shoot me a pm, my work shares a fence with it.  i would go to santa rosa park just to see and skate it once.  

sorry just saw this, now that i'm back.  

i skated Sebastopol on Saturday morning, pretty early.  was just me, a skate dad and his kid.   fun park you guys have.  i'd be plenty stoked if that was my local park.  i like the whole garden thing too.   northern california.  they have to hippify everything :)

went to st. helena too.  that place is fucking insane.  probably one of the most fun parks i've ever been to.  will definitely go back if i'm ever up there

i'll post about my beer adventures in the beer thread

thanks again for the recommendations dudes

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I only lived there for about a year and a half. left in february. I skated foley a lot, and I lived across the st from the school with crusty ass ledges at college and humboldt, so me and my roommmate skated there everyday haha.

i used to love downtown missions there. lots of weirdness that was fairly untapped, but hard to skate well. I always thought SR had a big scene, but i was coming from college where the scene was pretty much us and some younger kids who lurked our shit.

Ah yeah I pretty much stayed away from that foley spot.  Going there was a recipe to get accidentally drunk at 2pm.  I love skating downtown.  Freemont ledges is another spot where I tend to skate for 15 minutes then buy a tall can haha.  Still good times though

wheee!