Author Topic: theeve tiking or tiax?  (Read 8278 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
theeve tiking or tiax?
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
My indy's just shit the bed, thinking about trying out theeve, dont know enough about them though, are the tiking and tiax the same hanger, and how is the turning compared to indy's?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
Re: theeve tiking or tiax?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
yea, so.......
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
I have been riding Theeve TiH for a month now. Fucking best purchase in a long time! Turns excellent, and they are light  as fuck. I don't know about the other models though.
Keenan Forever

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
i got tiax. im not sure what is the titanium on em, i guess the hanger? whatever it is they are without a doubt the lightest trucks ive ever had and the tiax doesnt even have any hollow parts.whichever you choose, you will be pleased.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure the tiax has a titanium axle and the tiking has a hollow titanium kingpin and a titanium axle.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 07:18:03 AM »
My next purchase will either be the CSX 5.5, or the CSX 5,85, looking forward to them a lot.

killaboots

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
Ive got tiax and im all for them... turning is really nice. The only difference between the tiking and tiax is that the tiking has a hollow titanium king pin. They cost about 16dollars more then the tiax how ever the hollow king pin can be bought separate as well for 20 dollars a set. The Tiax is much lighter then any other truck ive owned already so i didnt really see the point of splashing out a bit more for the hollow king pin but each to there own.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »
i really wanna try some theeves but i only bought some new thunders a month ago and theyre obviously still going strong sooo huess ill have to wait till they blow out

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
I got tiax, had them since they first came out and are so hyped on the turning on them. they turn better than Indys bs grind better than ventures with out wearing down like they do. my only beef is I have gone through 2 new sets of bones mediums in them. just squishing the bottom bushings to the point where they spill over the hard part. I tried hards but they don't ever break in properly. I like mediumly loose trucks not tight and I'm only 5'8 160. I feel like the quality of bones has gone down or they need to make a medium hard.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 08:51:24 AM »
I had some Tiax that lasted me around 16 months.  I just replaced them with some TiKings.  Maybe they're lighter, but they feel about the same.  I love them, and I'd been riding only Indys for many, many years. 

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:34 AM »
I got tiax, had them since they first came out and are so hyped on the turning on them. they turn better than Indys bs grind better than ventures with out wearing down like they do. my only beef is I have gone through 2 new sets of bones mediums in them. just squishing the bottom bushings to the point where they spill over the hard part. I tried hards but they don't ever break in properly. I like mediumly loose trucks not tight and I'm only 5'8 160. I feel like the quality of bones has gone down or they need to make a medium hard.

bones needs to fix this. It happened to my me with my thunders too and ive heard people complain about it. does indy have this problem or is it just the angle on theeve and thunder or something?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:15:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bones needs to fix this. It happened to my me with my thunders too and ive heard people complain about it. does indy have this problem or is it just the angle on theeve and thunder or something?

ive got this problem at the moment, just gonna skate them till they fall apart completley

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
I reviewed some TiAXs... not bad, they had a solid turn that was reminiscent of Indy, not as quick as Thunders, but they were good.

One thing they need to do is at least put a little dimple at the base of the kingpin to help secure the bottom bushing. I never had problems with the ones I tried, but I've seen a few sets where the bushing gets warped and funky. They don't even need to make a full on cup, but something to at least catch the little ringed part of the bushing connected to the plate.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
maybe a bottom washer? idk why it says to ride the bushings without one, it seems impractical.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
^ If I remember correctly, a bottom washer would mean having to shop off the top of one of your bushings. It's been a while so I might be wrong.

rlang

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
Yeah, I did go through two sets of bushings, which was weird because I keep my trucks really loose.   Worth it though.  $10 for 16 months (on top of the trucks) isn't too bad.   

RONNIE KRAY

• Rep: 2
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »
Whats up with Theeves measurments? maybe i'm been stupid here but what is 5.25 / 5.5 etc relevant to? thinking of trying some and i currently skate 8" indys, anyone know what is the theeve equivelant?

Cold Pizza

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »
Whats up with Theeves measurments? maybe i'm been stupid here but what is 5.25 / 5.5 etc relevant to? thinking of trying some and i currently skate 8" indys, anyone know what is the theeve equivelant?

5.0 = 7.8"

5.25 = 8"

5.5 = 8.25"

5.85 = 8.5"

RONNIE KRAY

• Rep: 2
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
ah so 5.25 it is then! thanks for that ColdPizza.

rlang

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »
I've been skating 5.5s (8.25") on 8" boards, and it's just less than flush with the sides.   Better for 8", imo.

tweak

• Rep: -2
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 02:35:03 AM »
I skate 149's and I've had the CSX, Tiax and Tiking. My thoughts are they turn pretty much the same as Indys, however I still think Indys turn smoother. My problems with all of them were as follows.
Some kingpins got wobbly (not really a problem I guess when done up).
Some axles ended up pretty bent.
The bottom Bone bushings get screwed up in all of them because they didn't make a big enough seat for the bottom bushing to sit in. (bad design)

I have also had Thunder 149's which are Ok but for my tastes are to low and turn like shit compared to any of their other trucks.

I originally tried the Theeves because I liked Indys but they were to heavy. However I'm currently riding the Koston Hollow Forged 149 Indys and in my head they seem lighter than any of the Theeves I've had and turn better than anything I've had.

To summarise:
Theeve: Ok, pretty much like Indys, but overhyped.
Thunder: Ok but to low and turn weird.
Indys: Still the best.