Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94013 times)

MFLUDER

Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #630 on: April 29, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
Camo, it's super played out. In Melbourne everyone hot Asian girl and hopeless hipster are now wearing camo poo catchers.

Stu Pickles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #631 on: April 29, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
High tops, Grizzly Grip, and people not having fun skating.

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #632 on: April 29, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
Yes the motorcycle thing is lame.

with the exception of max schaff

Dick Butkus

« Reply #633 on: April 29, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
wacky griptape/ people trying to be like hip LA skaters.

I can appreciate a fancy cut grip job, but when someone takes a rainbow of different griptapes and slaps them any which way on there board it bugs me.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #634 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »
all of it

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »
Proper
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »
It could just be me but bs 180s that are more bs90/pivot. If you purposefully practice them like this it's just annoying.

its so lame b/c kids think that is "buttery" or "steezy" just fucking do a full back 180.  Don't get me wrong its good to have the control to be able to pivot it but man dont make it a habit b/c it is ugly

ZEBRA

« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »
People using the word "Kook". Half the people using it are using it in the wrong context.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
Is hating on tranny a trend?  I see kids at the park trying switch crooks on ledges all day, slowly, studiously, ignoring perfect transitions all around them I would have done anything to have at their age, and saying "I don't skate tranny." 

Will Easley

« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »
Is hating on tranny a trend?  I see kids at the park trying switch crooks on ledges all day, slowly, studiously, ignoring perfect transitions all around them I would have done anything to have at their age, and saying "I don't skate tranny." 

by that logic, not skating gaps would be trend. or not skating handrails. or not doing manuals alot. different people skate different shit.

Skate Daily

• Rep: -15
  • www.Freeryderapparel.com
    • FreeRyder avatar image
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
Skating has been really trendy lately im kind of over kids who spend $60 on Hawaiian shirts too look cool at the skatepark

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

by that logic, not skating gaps would be trend. or not skating handrails. or not doing manuals alot. different people skate different shit.
Is anyone hating on any of that though?  Seems to me tranny is specifically called out.  In areas packed with tranny.  Different people skate different shit yeah, but almost all real rippers can kill tranny, no matter how tech they are.  I just see kids hating on it.  I get it, its scarier, but it seems weak.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
Alright here we go:

Those designer 5-panels, and bucket hats with floral print or some flashy shit that cost more than say $30. It's a hat, meant to keep the sun away.

Rolling up your skinny pants even though they're already to short, why would you expose your ankles more and look like the kid who's mom wouldn't buy him fitting pants?

Also weed socks, they're socks...

Pretty much any sort of "designer skate apparel" that doesn't really serve a purpose worth the money you pay. I always got the impression skating was grimy and dirty, so there's no point dressing too fancy.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:34:53 PM by I Can't Think »

Dick Butkus

« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
Is there an abundance of "bombers" where you guys live?

I'd say 1 out of 5 people at my school own cruisers with longboard trucks and wheels, or longboards and say they "bomb". unbelievably lame, I'd bet that not one of them knows how to properly skate...

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »

I'd say 1 out of 5 people at my school own cruisers with longboard trucks and wheels, or longboards and say they "bomb". unbelievably lame, I'd bet that not one of them knows how to properly skate...

Oh shit I forgot about that to, not a fan of the cruisers trend in general. I get so bored since you can't do certain tricks properly or as comfortably. If I wanted to just "cruise" I'd get some soft wheels.

tweak

• Rep: -2

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #646 on: April 30, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »
Expand Quote
It could just be me but bs 180s that are more bs90/pivot. If you purposefully practice them like this it's just annoying.

[close]

its so lame b/c kids think that is "buttery" or "steezy" just fucking do a full back 180.  Don't get me wrong its good to have the control to be able to pivot it but man dont make it a habit b/c it is ugly

sigh...there once was a day when i could pop and turn a proper bs 180, then my legs got old and tired and now the pivoted ones are all i got. i'll admit, it's nice to be able to do the super lazy turn-like-10-degrees-and-pivot-the-rest, but i would kill to have fully-turned ones back again. so much more useful that way, too.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #647 on: April 30, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »

Oh god, why would that little idiot go out of his way to do 50 bs 180's to make this piece of shit video? Youtube ruined skating for so much kids, they all think they have something to contribute and feel the need to do so.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #648 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »
Backside 90 revert, also known to little kids as a backside "180". I honestly don't mind people pivoting the last 180 of a 360 if it's not in SKATE, but little kids are just getting lazy.
Some kids here don't even do the 90, they just pop, land on the front truck and pivot whole 180 degrees and be super serious, like they did a proper 180. What the fuck. I admit, I also pivot 180's, but I think it's fun to do them like that. Also, only works when you're going slow.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:48:06 AM by BURRRPRINT »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #649 on: April 30, 2013, 12:44:29 AM »

if you actually skate and you have a cruiser its all good. Its a quicker and smoother ride so there's no problem there. The problem is you have these kids that have never skated before and they are all cruising slowly and incredibly fucking awkwardly all over the place. They look dumb. I guess the only hope is they enjoy it, figure out their shit and move onto a real board. I'm guessing a lot won't.

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #650 on: April 30, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
kids faking the funk, weed leafs, floral prints, shake junt, people only skating tranny wearing lowcard hats, cruisers, bucket hats, people who don't skate, people skating flat really slow

Shredsledder

« Reply #651 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:41 AM »

I went home a month or two ago, it's in a super hilly neighborhood in new york. My homie lives up the hill from me, on a really windy road with zero visibility, you'd only know if a car is coming the other way once it's like 10-20 feet away. When I was home, I was picking my friend up at his house, I noticed a bunch of powerslide marks on the street, then saw a bunch of high school kids long boarding fly past me as i was parked. I remember thinking about how stupid of a hill that is to repeatedly bomb down, it's only a matter of time till one of these kids gets run over.

My mom called me a couple weeks ago, tells me I should always be careful on my skateboard because a highschooler got hit by a car and got wedged underneath. The kid's okay save for some broken bones i think, but I fucking called it.

S.E.

« Reply #652 on: April 30, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
kids faking the funk, weed leafs, floral prints, shake junt, people only skating tranny wearing lowcard hats, cruisers, bucket hats, people who don't skate, people skating flat really slow
you're tired of the trend in skateboarding where people don't skate?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #653 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
Expand Quote
1.) 8mm effects and Folk music its used WAY too much...it's in just about every local video, but then again not everything can be happy medium.
2.) Frontside Lipslides on Ledges
3.) DigiCam/Cell Phone Montages
4.) Bringing back old companies instead of making new ones
5.) uhhh get back to me
[close]

lipslides on ledges are fun as fuck.
yeah but only backside.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #654 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
Kids using the entire park to get up speed to jump over a fucking garbage can and get mad at you when you don't see them coming.  They literally start at the other side of the park.  I'm like dude, wtf am I supposed to be?  A fucking radar detector for when you are going to try a trick.  Fuck off.

Also, when kids look at me like I am not supposed to be there because I don't wear skinny fuck jeans or shit.  I were fucking shorts or basketball pants because they are fucking awesome to skate in.  Also, because I am fucking huge, they look at me like wtf?  Not round by the way, like that typical fat skater that tries to do tricks, but more or less just chills.  I am naturally thick muscle built. They need to fuck off little munchkin fucking kids, can probably land more fucking tricks than you even at 250lbs,  I'll ass rape you with my fist.  Skaters are so judgmental sometimes. 

Lastly,

Fuckin.
Scooters.
I suck at SLAP.

camSblade

• Rep: -6
« Reply #655 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »
french music in videos

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #656 on: April 30, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if you actually skate and you have a cruiser its all good. Its a quicker and smoother ride so there's no problem there. The problem is you have these kids that have never skated before and they are all cruising slowly and incredibly fucking awkwardly all over the place. They look dumb. I guess the only hope is they enjoy it, figure out their shit and move onto a real board. I'm guessing a lot won't.

There's a fuckton of those in Honolulu.  A lot of surf dudes trying to surf the concrete wave, but in reality they're taking long runs at the bowl just carving around without even hitting barely one grind.  You can tell by the barefoot that they're core, brah.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #657 on: April 30, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »
Kids using the entire park to get up speed to jump over a fucking garbage can and get mad at you when you don't see them coming.?  They literally start at the other side of the park.?  I'm like dude, wtf am I supposed to be??  A fucking radar detector for when you are going to try a trick.?  Fuck off.

Also, when kids look at me like I am not supposed to be there because I don't wear skinny fuck jeans or shit.?  I were fucking shorts or basketball pants because they are fucking awesome to skate in.?  Also, because I am fucking huge, they look at me like wtf??  Not round by the way, like that typical fat skater that tries to do tricks, but more or less just chills.?  I am naturally thick muscle built. They need to fuck off little munchkin fucking kids, can probably land more fucking tricks than you even at 250lbs,?  I'll ass rape you with my fist.?  Skaters are so judgmental sometimes.? 

Lastly,

Fuckin.
Scooters.

What park?

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #658 on: April 30, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=55028.msg1902741#msg1902741 date=1367349961
Expand Quote
Kids using the entire park to get up speed to jump over a fucking garbage can and get mad at you when you don't see them coming.?  They literally start at the other side of the park.?  I'm like dude, wtf am I supposed to be??  A fucking radar detector for when you are going to try a trick.?  Fuck off.

Also, when kids look at me like I am not supposed to be there because I don't wear skinny fuck jeans or shit.?  I were fucking shorts or basketball pants because they are fucking awesome to skate in.?  Also, because I am fucking huge, they look at me like wtf??  Not round by the way, like that typical fat skater that tries to do tricks, but more or less just chills.?  I am naturally thick muscle built. They need to fuck off little munchkin fucking kids, can probably land more fucking tricks than you even at 250lbs,?  I'll ass rape you with my fist.?  Skaters are so judgmental sometimes.? 

Lastly,

Fuckin.
Scooters.
[close]

What park?

Bethpage.  Most of the kids are chill there, some of them really chap my ass though.
I suck at SLAP.

zoltan

« Reply #659 on: April 30, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
tucked in shirt with belts. all these LA kids trying to be Dill and shit...