Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 77426 times)

penguin meat

Re: Documentaries
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
"Gonzo", obviously a Hunter S. Thompson documentary.  I saw it on Netflix so anybody who has that shit go check it out.  I bought a bottle of Wild Turkey because of it.

marginal way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
until the light takes us. Norwegian death metal.

i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »
Doc about Israel and Palestine with commentary by Noam Chomsky

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/6rjNvRa9hkSGpdrNMTsd1A"></param>
this shit's pretty cool

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:41 PM »
"Gonzo", obviously a Hunter S. Thompson documentary.  I saw it on Netflix so anybody who has that shit go check it out.  I bought a bottle of Wild Turkey because of it.

Great fucking film. Just great.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »
recently watched werner herzog's Land of Silence and Darkness. basically a community of hellen kellers but they all communicate and shit, pretty interesting and real well done.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Euy6vE5VsMQ#at=662

I just got a link to this (Madness In The Fast Lane). About these twin girls that suffer a condition that causes them to be insane which literally made them run into traffic on the highway. Pretty crazy footage in here. This is the summery on the Youtube page:

In 2008, BBC cameras filmed two Swedish sisters throwing themselves into traffic on the M6. When it was shown on BBC One, nearly 7 million viewers were glued to their screens, and millions more watched it later on YouTube.

The footage was shocking. One previewer wrote "On no account miss this documentary. It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I've seen on TV".

But this amazing footage was only part of an even more incredible story, one which could not be told at the time for legal reasons.

Now, two years later, this documentary reveals the full story of the hours just before the cameras captured that motorway footage, and the even more chilling story of what happened over next 72 hours, which left one of the sisters fleeing the scene of a crime, after she had stabbed a man through the chest.

Those who were at the centre of this fascinating legal case, including the police and Crown prosecution service, reveal the complex issues involved in both bringing charges and taking this disturbing case to trial.

A leading criminal psychiatrist, Dr. Nigel Eastman, explains the difficulties the judicial system has in achieving justice and deciding punishment when dealing with mental illness. He explains the possible causes of the womens' behaviour, and why, in his view, it could happen again.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:18:46 PM by Mr Fongstarr »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Euy6vE5VsMQ#at=662

I just got a link to this (Madness In The Fast Lane). About these twin girls that suffer a condition that causes them to be insane which literally made them run into traffic on the highway. Pretty crazy footage in here. This is the summery on the Youtube page:

Expand Quote
In 2008, BBC cameras filmed two Swedish sisters throwing themselves into traffic on the M6. When it was shown on BBC One, nearly 7 million viewers were glued to their screens, and millions more watched it later on YouTube.

The footage was shocking. One previewer wrote "On no account miss this documentary. It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I've seen on TV".

But this amazing footage was only part of an even more incredible story, one which could not be told at the time for legal reasons.

Now, two years later, this documentary reveals the full story of the hours just before the cameras captured that motorway footage, and the even more chilling story of what happened over next 72 hours, which left one of the sisters fleeing the scene of a crime, after she had stabbed a man through the chest.

Those who were at the centre of this fascinating legal case, including the police and Crown prosecution service, reveal the complex issues involved in both bringing charges and taking this disturbing case to trial.

A leading criminal psychiatrist, Dr. Nigel Eastman, explains the difficulties the judicial system has in achieving justice and deciding punishment when dealing with mental illness. He explains the possible causes of the womens' behaviour, and why, in his view, it could happen again.

[close]

Holy Shit those bitches are CRAAAAAZYYYY!!!

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
Best doc in the last 10 years.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
I just saw best worst movie, the doco about troll 2. if you haven't seen troll 2 grab some friends, some beer and give it a watch, then watch this. its possibly the most entertaining doco i have ever seen. george hardy who played the dad in troll 2 is possibly the most likeable person on earth. he carries the film and then some.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
Cycles South.

It's on Netflix right now.

These dudes do it all. Whore houses. Bull Fights. Living off the ocean. Hippie commune.

So good....

http://www.holeshot.com/old/cycle_south/cs_vid.html
You loves you? Megatron.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »
Has anyone seen or have a link to the Earth Liberation Front documentary: If a Tree Falls?

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
just watched Religulous. good laugh. i recommend it

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Buck

The Horse Whisperer" may be the stuff of Hollywood legend but the cowboy who inspired the novel and film is very real. Buck Brannaman ? master horseman, raconteur and philosopher - is a no-excuses cowboy who travels the world sharing a hard-won wisdom that's often more about human relationships than about horses. Buck follows Brannaman from his abusive childhood to his phenomenally successful approach to horses. A real-life horse-whisperer, he eschews the violence of his upbringing and teaches people to communicate with their horses through leadership and sensitivity, not punishment. Buck possesses near magical abilities as he dramatically transforms horses - and people - with his understanding, compassion and respect. In this film, the animal-human relationship becomes a metaphor for facing the daily challenges of life.

full documentary
http://www.putlocker.com/file/FA031B3C9FED9378#

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »

Narrated by Miranda July.  A funny/ interesting quick watch if you are into art.

Hammersleycinema

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

Great documentary on Abortion
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:09:27 PM by Midwest Disconnect »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
Has anyone seen or have a link to the Earth Liberation Front documentary: If a Tree Falls?

been wanting to see this.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »
^^^ Was hoping it'd play in the independent theater in town but no dice. Here's a link I just found if you want to watch it streaming:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/AA329981E3280158#

Useful Idiot

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
Forks Over Knives.

Good but made me feel like shit. I eat at least 2 animals at every meal.
You loves you? Megatron.

penguin meat

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »
Forks Over Knives.

I just read two of the scholarly journal publications that they used for that film, today.  Cows really fuck you up.

Mad Max

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »
Planet Rock - Documentary tracing the connection between crack and rap music. Actually pretty good.

http://videobam.com/bOFJC

Useful Idiot

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Forks Over Knives.

[close]

I just read two of the scholarly journal publications that they used for that film, today.  Cows really fuck you up.

but they're so fucking delicious.
You loves you? Megatron.

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 02:18:24 AM »
anyone seen "cave of forgotten dreams" yet?

Werner Herzog has some good ones.

Currently watching this one. Really like it so far. What's the accent of the narrator? Never heard one like that lol

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:10 AM »
Buck

The Horse Whisperer" may be the stuff of Hollywood legend but the cowboy who inspired the novel and film is very real. Buck Brannaman ? master horseman, raconteur and philosopher - is a no-excuses cowboy who travels the world sharing a hard-won wisdom that's often more about human relationships than about horses. Buck follows Brannaman from his abusive childhood to his phenomenally successful approach to horses. A real-life horse-whisperer, he eschews the violence of his upbringing and teaches people to communicate with their horses through leadership and sensitivity, not punishment. Buck possesses near magical abilities as he dramatically transforms horses - and people - with his understanding, compassion and respect. In this film, the animal-human relationship becomes a metaphor for facing the daily challenges of life.

full documentary
http://www.putlocker.com/file/FA031B3C9FED9378#

that was good, but it was kind of weird how his brother was never mentioned again after childhood

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone seen "cave of forgotten dreams" yet?

Werner Herzog has some good ones.
[close]

Currently watching this one. Really like it so far. What's the accent of the narrator? Never heard one like that lol
It's Werner Herzog.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

interesante

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
really good ones on netflix

Baby Godfather

• Rep: -24
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/absolute-zero/

One of the most interesting documentaries i've seen.

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
This has some really good info.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:27:04 PM by David »