Author Topic: Slap people I need help finding out where a store's property extends to  (Read 8884 times)

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Slap people I need help finding out where a store's property extends to
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »
Sorry about your loss, Tim.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
^ tim isn't my favorite guy but you got way too much time on your hands. 

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
Nice one, Ducky.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
You should have put Tim up for banishment back when that was relevant.  It could have at least been deleted.  All I can think of is there was either too much other bullshit going on then to take that thread seriously or all admins didn't look into it enough from overlooking or being MIA.  I mean, you're throwing quotes at me from Dec. 27th.  Personally, I was gone that entire week for the holidays visiting family (though I probably got online once or twice, no idea if I actually logged on here nor could remember something like that) and I'm sure that time of year played a role in all of it.  Shit gets by, sometimes it is unnoticed and sometimes it's noticed but not looked into hard enough - this shit is not our actual profession.  We're not paid to do it and if we get distracted or don't have a chance to handle something then people sometimes have to deal with it.  Take it up with HS if anyone actually believes we need 24 hour supervision.  I'd love to have a paid 8 hour shift to dedicate to this place.  There's always an example someone could dig up to try to prove a point because there are both instances of admins pulling the trigger and not.  End of the day Briden got axed for a well deserved reason and as much as I hated to be the admin that had to be "that guy" it would have been worse and fully wrong to do nothing at all.  He's the example as he's stooped to that level already in the past, and if anyone else were to step up and try that shit (Tim or anyone else) they'll also get handled.

Buddy G is on thin ice, Kev's on thinner ice, Briden is rightfully gone, and Tim's still on thin ice from some past stuff.  Just because Tim is a friend of mine doesn't mean I wouldn't ban an internet account of his.  The internet is NOT that important.  I promise you.  My roommate and best friend used to post on here for a short bit and I would ban him just like anyone else.  Sometimes I feel ridiculous even talking about this soft of thing.  No matter how much you like someone this is not something you would need to go apologize to them about.  You would be banning one of their accounts on an internet message board, not taking their life away (and if that IS their life then that's their issue).

The good news is there are OTHER admins in case you don't believe me.  That's the glory of having more than one of us.  If you don't think one will put down personal bias then hit up the other.  Every admin has an inbox and every reported post gets emailed to all of us simultaneously.  It's that simple.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
i'm a fan of extreme freedom of speech no matter how offensive it is.? ? the only kinds of people i personally think should ever be banned are spammers and those kids who post the most pointless shit like 50 times in one day a la chris cole kid and austin.
So you're about extreme freedom of speech, unless you find it annoying?
You're being a bit of a crybaby about this really. It's just some bullshit that happened on Slap not a God damned violation of civil liberties. In the end, this is HSP's message board and the chosen Admins will run it however they see fit. We are all guests here. If you think that's bullshit you're free to not visit the forum. It's pretty simple really.

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • buhgock
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
the only kinds of people i personally think should ever be banned are spammers and those kids who post the most pointless shit like 50 times in one day a la chris cole kid and austin.

but if you're going to do this banning thing, i'm most definitely going to try and get rid of one of the most annoying attention whore waste of lifes that plagues this board.

The desperation you show in every post to get rid of one user you dislike is a little pathetic.  Tim has done some shit in the past, but the key word is PAST - you're being this way presently.  This is getting as bad as when you made that giant rep statistical analysis.  I obviously have always liked you and back you hard (hence giving you insta-Pal status upon your most recent return), but this is a little much.  You seem to take the internet more seriously than anyone here.  Do you want me to place cigbeer into your ignore list for you?  I can drop him right in there.  Other than what I had already told you, that's all I can do for you.

"the only kinds of people i personally think should ever be banned are spammers and those kids who post the most pointless shit like 50 times in one day"

That is exactly what Hilary did on numerous consecutive accounts.  The only difference she is a cool person off the board and people look at that and not the account itself.  You hate Tim passionately (in seriousness, as if he fucked your mom or something) and personally like Hilary so you used his attacking of her as an example earlier just to (unintentionally) say she's the type of person that should be banned in your post this time, as she posted 25+ times a day with the vast majority of them simply being "lol" "ok" and "stop posting."  Tim and others attacked her wrongfully for aiming it at her personal life most of the time, but not all of it was - a lot of it was them attacking her as being a spamming troll just the way you attacked chris cole kid (though of course she was not as bad as him...then again, not saying much as who isn't).  I actually do like Hilary, but she was just trolling it up on here spamming "ok" not giving two fucks so get your who should be banned crap out of here.

Just stay on top of Tim so the next time he fucks up you can report it and I'll handle him justly.  I already told you he's on thin ice for past shit and then you throw in past shit like I'm going to count it twice.  He hasn't been a shithead to anyone in awhile and that's probably why.  If he does again, shit will happen.

"Randozzi doesn't do shit, i don't remember one memorable post he has made.  all he does is move topics into the wrong sections.  and grimcity is too nice of a guy/respectable to involve with any of this petty shit, so we're left with you."

I don't know if you're saying you're left with me as if that's the shit end of the stick or as a half compliment as I'm willing to actually take action as well as talk about it like I'm doing with you.  Either way, yeah you're left with me :P

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »
pretty much, yeah.?  but you see theres a difference here, i'm not a fucking mod/admin.

The difference? From what? You're still a hypocrite crying about some other guy you think is being a hypocrite.

every time we argue about mod/admin decisions theres always someone who has to act like a cool guy thats above the shit.?  bottom-line is that if you are posting here you should be enjoying this place and if you enjoy something why would you sit back and let bullshit pass without speaking up?
Guffaw! What? Do you think you are fighting the man or something?
Those are the facts home boy, not my personal stance on the issue. I do enjoy some of the stuff on Slap, that's why I created an account after years of lurking, but I'm not going to piss and moan over some trivial shit that I can't control in the first place. Again, if you don't like it feel free to fuck off anytime you like.

so fuck you.
Can't argue with that! No more tears, Ducky.

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • buhgock
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
First, thanks for talking it all out.  Even though we should probably have taken it to PM.  Second, I don't mean anything I say to you in a harsh tone.  Like I told you on a long time ago, I really like the things you do here.  Anyways:

you're acting like i'm 24/7 on him, only when he posts some ignorant shit.  not sure if you read the thread but i initially hadn't said anything negative toward tim.  you were the one that turned this into an issue by getting involved.

I didn't mean it as you were 24/7 on him.  I was just referring to the tone of your posts and how into it you seemed to be getting.  No biggie.

i'm pretty sure i already stated that i didn't make that analysis, it was passed onto me.  didn't you look through my pm's?  during that whole issue you forwarded me a pm that i had sent to someone else.

on the taking the internet too serious note.  i'm not sure what thats suppose to mean?  is that an insult?  i care about this place because i used to find it enjoyable and hilarious.  but maybe you're right.  i'm to the point where i don't give a shit anymore, this place can just continue to morph into a shit-hole playground for children to use as their personal blogs.  after this whole incident you won't see another post from me, the only thing this place is good for anymore is the occasional rip link.(even though you just took away one of the main providers.)

Sorry, I guess I forgot - just remembered you posted it.  I understood its purpose at the time (concrete evidence in the face of speculation), but on top of this I brought it up because you seem to be (possibly) getting overly serious.

NO, I did NOT look through your PMs.  I have never did that to anyone.  I forwarded you (actually, replied to) a PM you sent to someone else if you remember because you ALSO sent it to me by accident.  We discussed it shortly after.

It's not an insult, just an observation.  You're getting too fired up and honestly, I'm sorry about it.  I'm not going to up and ban Tim over this past stuff but I do promise you if he fucks up royally again I will handle it.  Any other admin will tell you the same thing, I'm sure.  Your caring about this place is what makes the Fonsworth/Donsworth thing worthwhile.  Don't think I don't want you to take the place less seriously as in not caring - I just don't want you to think you need to get this worked up over it.

i thought it was obvious to see that my hate toward tim spawned from the ignorance he persistently displayed towards hillary in what i presume(my assumption not sure if true) was one of the most vulnerable times in her life.

you on the other-hand portrayed blatant favoritism by allowing, encouraging, and defending cigbeer's right to continually post the pic and assault her, which is way worst than anything anyone said in this thread.

It was only half obvious.  I knew it played a role but I didn't know the extent.  He did display ignorance and it was uncalled for, and Grim rightfully handled some of it.  Still, not everyone knew her as a person and she wasn't a user strictly coming her on friendly terms.   She came back more than once in that short period spamming the place.  An old Pal invited her to play Scrabble with us and I got to talk to her for a second a long time ago.  She really does seem like a good person, and I enjoyed her skate interview.  None of that changes the fact she did troll the place and when you do that people are going to try to vibe you out.  I've said before, the pic was found posted publicly and he didn't do anything devious to find it like most of the outings that took place on SLAP had resorted to.  Tim, Watson, and others all wanted rid of the strangefires account due to the amount of trolling and spam, albeit we all know some members low blowed more than the others.  Regardless, my lack of actions were no different than the rest of the admins lack of actions (not that makes anything less or more justifiable).  Grim deleted a few pics, but other than that it was handled the same.  Things like that are tough to deal with, especially when  people go out of their way to go batshit crazy anytime someone deletes a post.  The board has made it hard for anyone to take action regarding anything because no one deep down wants to deal with the shit storm that always follows.

i'll leave that to someone else, like i said once i see this through. i'm out.  theres a reason no one memorable/interesting is left posting here.  i should have caught onto that a lot sooner.

See this through?  Do you want me to just ask Tim if he'll focus?  He rarely posts here and probably wouldn't even care.  I'm sorry you're that upset.  I think about peacing out all the time.  There really isn't much left here for various reasons.

sort of both.  you're not the best, but certainly not the worst.

Agreed.  It's not as easy as it seems to make the right call every single time, so I've had my fuck ups.  I definitely do try though, and as you can tell am willing to talk about and deal with shit regardless of its pleasantry.  It's better than deleting something or whatever and then hiding til it all dies down.  Well, it's the more respectable approach.  It might not be "better" :-X

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 01:54:08 AM »
  you don't know what this place was, just what it has slowly become so fuck you.

This place sucks now because of people like you and Alan, we used to do whatever the fuck we wanted with a code of conduct that was more tongue in cheek than anything else. If someone went full douchebag they usually got banned. Now everyone is so fucking worried about a witch hunt that our mods cant even keep this place the way it was. The reason this place even has rules right now is because some straight laced pussy like you has to get all freedom of speech. Briden was being a douchebag, he deserved to get banned. BB would have banned him too and nobody would have said shit. Tim was super out of line in the past, all fact. He also took a hiatus from the boards and came back a better poster for it. Briden just sat on his frito encrusted computer chair and kept trolling.

I hope you like the rules because faggots like you are the reason they exist.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 02:33:53 AM »
MFS, all you do is harp on about the good old days, when they were in fact the shitty days during which all the good posters who made this place the best skate forum left. So please, shut the fuck up and jack off to BB in private.

And for the record, you didn't do shit, you just cheered from the sidelines, probably creaming yourself for being allowed to witness some live internet bullying. You're pathetic.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:15 AM »
well put.
back in my day slap was way better bro.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

MFS, all you do is harp on about the good old days, when they were in fact the shitty days during which all the good posters who made this place the best skate forum left. So please, shut the fuck up and jack off to BB in private.

And for the record, you didn't do shit, you just cheered from the sidelines, probably creaming yourself for being allowed to witness some live internet bullying. You're pathetic.

Hahaha, and you contributed what? Please, grace us with all of your contributions.

You never have any validity to what you say, put you face back in a history book and go fuck yourself.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:19:37 AM by MFS »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
wow, this thread is seriously the most embarassing thing ever on slap. absolutely shocking levels of trolling going on here.

tim, my sincerest and deepest condolences. only an asshole wouldn't be able to understand the life changing impact that your child had on your family, essentially creating it and i can't imagine why it's difficult to understand your families need to morn your loss.

stay strong and do what's right for your family and good things will come to you!

if you ever need to talk to another hard working family man hit me up.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
Personally I don't think ANYONE should be banned for saying something in bad taste, no matter how bad it is. If you are posting people's info, spamming, then I think the poster should definitely be deleted.  Just my opinion...

I believe in freedom of speech for everyone, even assholes who take a forum so seriously and have such a deep hatred towards someone they know nothing about besides what they post on a forum that is known for saying controversial shit and posting fucked up images. As for the Joey Poriez thread, I am not sorry about that. He wasn't even dead and the reactions in that thread were entertaining. If he actually did die and someone on here knew him personally I would never make fun of their death. Duck guy you can check my posts when a pal's family member or even pet passes away. I sincerely feel bad for them even if we are "enemies" like me and Wuust for example and I know it is rough to go through, so I offer my condolences or keep my mouth shut out of respect. To take a jab at someone who just lost someone is pretty low.

The people on here that don't understand what it's like to lose a son you and your fiance expected show they're idiots just by posting that, and that's enough for me. Me and PW have argued constantly, and it would get pretty heated at times, but he is a good dude and knows when to put stupid internet beefs aside and show some respect. Not that I'm asking for everyone's best wishes, if you don't care about my personal life that is fine, but to be so mad about posting pictures of your date that you happily take the loss of someone's son to try to get revenge is pretty fucking low and childish.

Thanks to everyone that has been supportive. And to the people that think it's cool to make fun of someone for losing a child, you already have made an ass out of yourselves and proven you're complete losers that need to get a life outside of the internet.

<3 CigBeer
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
wow, this thread is seriously the most embarassing thing ever on slap. absolutely shocking levels of trolling going on here.

tim, my sincerest and deepest condolences. only an asshole wouldn't be able to understand the life changing impact that your child had on your family, essentially creating it and i can't imagine why it's difficult to understand your families need to morn your loss.

stay strong and do what's right for your family and good things will come to you!

if you ever need to talk to another hard working family man hit me up.

Sleazy I really appreciate all the tips when I was planning for the birth of my son, and I really appreciate the support while going through this.

I also don't see why it is so hard to understand that a funeral is for me and my family to mourn and respect our baby that passed. It's going to be a small thing, only the people that were deeply impacted by the death will be there, and we are doing it at our house, we are not taking him to a cemetery with a priest and burying him... We already have him cremated in a cool little urn we picked and for some reason just having his ashes here has made me and my fiance feel better.

Also to the idiots here, when a woman has a miscarriage it is one of the most traumatic things they can go through. We are seeing a therapist for this and my fiance has post traumatic stress and post partom depression. Look this up if you don't know what it is. You don't just flush it away and move on...
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »
I don't know you, tim, but I do feel for you. I think people won't understand unless they've been through a pregnancy - that's one he'll of a ride and if you are a man and play a full part in it all it changes you forever, you kind of grow as the baby does. I'm so sorry for how it worked out. I never realised, until my wife got pregnant and I learnt about it all, how precarious it all is; I thought we just popped 'em out but it turns out that nature has other ideas and it isn't so straightforward even if we do absolutely everything right. I shat myself until the end so I can't imagine what you must be going through - I just know I'd have done the same as you in your place and held a service too.

I hope that doesn't come across as being trite or patronising, I really don't mean it like that. It sounds like you are rising above the fools who have been posting ignorantly anyway, and that you are there to support your fiancee through what must be a truly desperate time which says a lot about you and your relationship.

Stay strong, happier times lie ahead..

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
We are seeing a therapist for this and my fiance has post traumatic stress and post partom depression.

Seeing a therapist is such a smart move. Working on getting yourselves in a good place is the best thing you could ever do for your kids when the time is right.

My wife and I are seeing a therapist in anticipation of having kids. We've been through, and put each other through some shit, and don't want to pass that along...

gkn00dlez

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »
How does one become an enemy over an internet message board? Or are these beefs that you guys carry outside, in the real world and then carry onto SLAP?

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »
[email protected] quit a long time ago