Author Topic: Emerica  (Read 4772 times)

bakerhadadeathwish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Emerica
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
Okay so let me get this straight, Emerica defines themselves as "This is Skateboarding". Yet again there are making these fucking gay ass hipster shoes like the fucking wino and this shit.What the fuck is going on?
living life on shuffle..

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Emerica
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
shemar moore make those look cool tho
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Okay so let me get this straight, Emerica defines themselves as "This is Skateboarding". Yet again there are making these fucking gay ass hipster shoes like the fucking wino and this shit.What the fuck is going on?
a more appropriate question might be "what the fuck is going on with skateboarders that they would buy an overpriced moccasin?"

emerica wouldn't make it if they didn't think kids would buy it.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
flying off the shelves!

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
Agreed.. but if said hipster boots support the team and their skate shoes stay the same quality as they are right now.. fuck it. Just don't wear em.. the world will keep turning.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »
Someone's going to put out some insane part wearing nothing but these Emoccasins and every kid is going to be begging the folks for a pair for Christmas. Mark my words, kids.

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 05:11:09 PM »
 WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK?!

Wh0l3

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »
Emerica can make money off of these to work on making better skate shoes, or to stay afloat. It's hard not being a sports brand

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:23 PM »
I like moccasins.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

ollienorth

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »
you are so core.

No Thanks.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 07:38:43 AM »
They are for the kids at Journey's, all of the "Chill Seekers" line is for major retail outlets to increase Emerica's presence outside of skateboarding.  In the interview where Pierre talks about placing ?S on the back burner he mentions that Emerica's pre-books have increased 49% for Spring 2012, and it isn't because the new styles are killing it..

BraveUlysses

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
I like the Wino's

BuddyPal

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
work on my back feebles while trying to find my spirit animal in the forest

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »
work on my back feebles while trying to find my spirit animal in the forest
no one works on back feebs

YoungWilliam309

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »
Agreed.. but if said hipster boots support the team and their skate shoes stay the same quality as they are right now.. fuck it. Just don't wear em.. the world will keep turning.

exactly. look at supra, they make $120 shoes that SELL OUT because of hipsters, celebrities, shoe collectors, etc. while at the same time their more "traditional" skate shoes are higher quality than most shoes on the market. the money they make off of the "lifestyle" shoes helps support the company so they can keep on making quality skate shoes as well.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
yeah or nike, they make basket ball, baseball, golf, football, and every other sport footwear in order to keep their skateboarding line afloat.

wait.....

No Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
So after reading some of the posts on this thread it seems like some people aren't putting 2 & 2 together.  This is the path that companies like Elwood, Commune, IPath and DC all took and boy are they killing it now!  Once you shift focus off of skateboarding to what makes money the cash flow no longer extends to the skateboarding side, it goes into paying people to design the shittier sequel to the hipster moccassin in question. People should be more concerned with the fact that ?S just stopped putting out product so Emerica could spend more money on shit like this and the fact that skate specific Sole Tech. shoes seem to be growing progressively shittier.  I firmly believe that skateboarding should be in the hands of skateboarders and this type stuff creeps me out, how much longer before Altamont is in PacSun and Urban Outfitters and companies like Sole Tech. start laying off their riders because the cash flow isn't going to be there when hipsters stop wearing fucking moccassins.

muk_mb

• Rep: -2
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
Who are the core-est  shoe companies left then?

LoserMachine

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »
Dekline?

No Thanks.

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »
Sorry guys, my last post on here was fucking rude!

What I was meaning to get across is that you can support whoever you like but should fully be aware of the circumstances surrounding that brand and then bitch about it to the dudes at the shop or wherever you are buying it from.  I know that there are Sole/Emerica employees that will see this thread here but we all get dismissed as cynical kooks, when they start hearing this kind of dissent from retailers and buyers is when they start to take notice.  I am a supporter of all Sole Tech. skate brands but believe that the path they have chosen will ultimately disappoint us all.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:57 AM »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Pretty Girls Make Graves

• Rep: -8
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dekline?
Fallen

Man Without A Plan

• Rep: 10
  • "Another day working for The Man."
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:17 AM »
Well, no one ever said you had to get them, duh! 

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
So after reading some of the posts on this thread it seems like some people aren't putting 2 & 2 together.  This is the path that companies like Elwood, Commune, IPath and DC all took and boy are they killing it now!  Once you shift focus off of skateboarding to what makes money the cash flow no longer extends to the skateboarding side, it goes into paying people to design the shittier sequel to the hipster moccassin in question. People should be more concerned with the fact that ?S just stopped putting out product so Emerica could spend more money on shit like this and the fact that skate specific Sole Tech. shoes seem to be growing progressively shittier.  I firmly believe that skateboarding should be in the hands of skateboarders and this type stuff creeps me out, how much longer before Altamont is in PacSun and Urban Outfitters and companies like Sole Tech. start laying off their riders because the cash flow isn't going to be there when hipsters stop wearing fucking moccassins.

Altamont is in Urban Outfitters.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Altamont is in Urban Outfitters.

not right now, but i know they used to be

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 10:50:36 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
Because they'll probably sell decently well, and when a product sells, you gain profit.

Not very difficult to understand.

No Thanks.

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who are the core-est  shoe companies left then?
[close]
Dekline?
[close]
Fallen
[close]
lakai?

Also in Journey's.  On a related note, just heard the Jerry Hsu signature line is in PacSun.