Author Topic: A message from eS  (Read 3908 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
A message from eS
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
Last week, it was announced that ?S is going on hiatus at the end of Spring 2012.

This is a painful decision for everyone involved, and judging from the overwhelming amount of email, Facebook and Twitter support we've received in the last week, our fans, retailers and supporters are bummed as well.

?S has been providing skateboard-specific footwear since 1995. The goal was to make the best shoes we could to support the needs of skateboarders. We're extremely proud of our legacy in footwear and apparel design. We are proud of our riders, videos, tours and the positive and progressive effect we've had on skateboarding.

From now into Spring 2012, business continues for us. We will continue working with our team riders and everyone associated with the brand through this transition.

You may see a bit less from us in the magazines and online, but we will continue to support the thing we love the most, skateboarding, the best we can. ?Sskateboarding.com will be honoring the brand's history through it's timeline, product archives and retrospective content in the coming months.

?S began for the love of skateboarding. 16 years later, we still love skateboarding just as much, if not more than ever before. Wear your ?S with pride and know that we appreciate everyone who has worn down our rubber, kickflipped through our suede and enjoyed time on a skateboard with us.

And remember, if you love something; support it before it's too late.

Gone Skating. Thank you,

?S
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: A message from eS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
it's kinda sad that they're leaving

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »
its official now....kinda weird but they haven't done shit in the past year
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »
thank you for giving me direction when i started skateboarding. a lot.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »
its official now....kinda weird but they haven't done shit in the past year

Huh?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
 i rolled my ankle twice in the bobby worrest low's and i will never skate lowtop shoes again for the rest of my life because of my experience with those shoes.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »
i rolled my ankle twice in the bobby worrest low's and i will never skate lowtop shoes again for the rest of my life because of my experience with those shoes.

wheremykillahtapeat?

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »

Shut up, YOU rolled your ankle, not Bobby's shoe.

Skateboarding is in the shitter, and this latest blow makes me really sad. My friends and I grew up with Menikmati, Accels, Koston, then Square Ones, Especial, Bobby, Mccrank, amongst all the other things that eS has meant to skating over the last decade and a half.
This fully sucks

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »
I bought some Accel's, I'm really going to miss that shoe. Probably going to buy 3 or 4 more before they quit next year.

asakusa75

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
I want a pair of koston 2s. I will trade one of my kids...

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 05:46:27 AM »
Sad....

They should go out with a bang and re release some gems. SLB 97s would be at the top of my list....

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 06:48:49 AM »
I'm sorry for kevin terpening. The kid style deserves to wear a new pair at every session.

Molusk One

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »
still recon soletech should give/ sell company on cheap to mcrank, he's stayed loyal to es for so long. it would be nice to see him with a little piece of pie in the skateboard industry. i know he owns some canadian store but he deserves a more international legacy, es would be super tight if it just remained some boutique, small time, proper skate shoe company... no need to get super corpo, that the last thing skateboarding needs

owell they will never listen to this

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 10:52:59 AM »
I doubt McCrank even wants to take that responsibility.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
all i ever wanted in the late 90s was acells, all you could ever find was some garbage dcs or etnies.

achis123

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
wow like the scrubs song when j.d. figures out the moral of the show came on in my head as I was reading the letter...they should re-release some classics that would be dope R.I.P. eS

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »
A DGK collabo that will never see the light of day..
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
wow like the scrubs song when j.d. figures out the moral of the show came on in my head as I was reading the letter...they should re-release some classics that would be dope R.I.P. eS

i think you like tv more than i do.

beef stroganoff

• Rep: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shut up, YOU rolled your ankle, not Bobby's shoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9i8YIAleTrk#t=153s

superslopp

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

does this mean the manderson is never coming out either?

MoeMoney

• Rep: -2
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »
Wow, good bye 90's.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

does this mean the manderson is never coming out either?

I think this DGK collab was for after spring 2012. All spring 2012 shoes is still coming out.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 01:20:55 AM »
http://business.transworld.net/70836/features/sole-tech-founder-senizergues-on-decision-to-put-es-on-creative-retreat/

Some more info there, interview with Pierre Andre. "new mainstream non-skate companies have bought their way in."

Fuck Nike.

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 06:22:55 AM »
http://business.transworld.net/70836/features/sole-tech-founder-senizergues-on-decision-to-put-es-on-creative-retreat/

Some more info there, interview with Pierre Andre. "new mainstream non-skate companies have bought their way in."

Fuck Nike.
hold on. didn't koston ask for stake in es way back while he was the figurehead, only to get rebuffed?  which is why he consequently quit to lakai.

while the effect of corporations buying into skateboarding definitely affects everything, it's unfair to say that its the only reason. Not being a nike/adidas/cons defender here, but e's has been blowing it for a long time. Struggling brand identity, strange models, weird focus. Remember when they were the habitat shoe team? then the krooked shoe team? from hi tech 'performance' shoes to random simple vulc models mimicking vans? direction was everywhere. is it really so strange to see them doing badly?

to summarise, in an alternate universe:
-koston gets his share and stays on es
-saari moves back from sinking ship etnies
-berra/nike/instagram never happens
-menikmati 2 blows minds, has sober penny destroy everything for last part
-default skate video music genre as techno

superslopp

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Fuck Nike.
[close]
hold on. didn't koston ask for stake in es way back while he was the figurehead, only to get rebuffed?  which is why he consequently quit to lakai.

while the effect of corporations buying into skateboarding definitely affects everything, it's unfair to say that its the only reason. Not being a nike/adidas/cons defender here, but e's has been blowing it for a long time. Struggling brand identity, strange models, weird focus. Remember when they were the habitat shoe team? then the krooked shoe team? from hi tech 'performance' shoes to random simple vulc models mimicking vans? direction was everywhere. is it really so strange to see them doing badly?

to summarise, in an alternate universe:
-koston gets his share and stays on es
-saari moves back from sinking ship etnies
-berra/nike/instagram never happens
-menikmati 2 blows minds, has sober penny destroy everything for last part
-default skate video music genre as techno

if only!

ngoin2434h

• Rep: -13
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »
-Creager doesn't get asked to skate more rail/handrails, stays on eS and gets a 2 song long ending part in menikmati.
-on eS GOS 2007, the "Only Pros" rule is not applied, and Alex Mizurov goes into playing Chris Cole in the finals and ends up being an even more epic match than last year's.
-on 2011, eS has most of market's share, and Prod's returns as his contract with Nike ends.

DEMODANNY

• Rep: -14
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:52 AM »
who cares without Koston they would never have been good and now hes gone and theyve gone downhill ever since.