Author Topic: New York confession  (Read 11030 times)

Buddha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -205
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New York confession
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote
stop talking about illuminati

that is my gimmick ok
[close]

yeah im done talking about that shit. i dont want dudes showing up at my crib. if u dont belive their is regular people amongst us that are freemasons and run this country then your a sheep. so make sure u stay with the heard and follow ur sheppard obama he'll take care of you. lol

not saying your a person dude i quoted but saying people who dont belive whats right infront of their eyes are regular.

Don't be scared, the RFID chip won't hurt a bit.

Wh0l3

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2011, 06:58:39 AM »
1ST WORLD PROBLEMS

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »

fruitpunch

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
i think that new york spots are tight! If you walk down nyc you see spot everywhere. you also have to be more creative to skate them and skateboarding is all about creativity. also all the spot out in cali are schools and all kinda similar thats why i like nyc

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
Ricky should hit OP with a pool cue.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
Kind of ignored this thread but just got around to reading through it. Good stuff. Nice to hear all the opinions on skating in the city after being here for 3 months and forming my on. So here's my spiel: After having lived here for this short amount of time, visited tons before, I'm already kind of over it. It's kind of a love/hate relationship but I've come to the conclusion NYC is a rad place to visit but I'm just personally not a New Yorker or a city person I suppose.

All the old heads always say back in the day when you saw someone skating you were instantly friends but not so much anymore. This is true for most places but to me NYC is the epitome of it. I think it's just New Yorkers Mentalities in general though. People just don't say high and instantly become friends out here even if you have some common bond. There's a few skate shops out here that are "core" I guess you could say but it's not like shops in the midwest or even cali. Decks are expensive and a lot of the places couldn't seem to give two shits about skating because they're more about the fashion. Supreme? Fuck paying $125 for some plaid flannel. I want a fucking shop deck.

All the local NYC boards suck. Those "I skate NYC" decks are fucking horrible. Pretty much, I'm agreeing that NYC skating seems to be all about the trends and I've come across very few people who seem to just have love for skateboarding. If one day skateboarding instantly was considered lame, I feel like lots of kids here would just drop it - throw their boards in the trash. Here's another thing. Kids seem so competitive with it out here in a sort of dog eat dog way. Not skatepark etiquette, just snake if you gotta. I've seen only a hand full of people out here that I enjoyed watching skating. Everyone's got such horrible style. I mean, I've seen some kids do some crazy shit but it's usually a little hard on the eyes and they do the fuckin' beam thing. I don't really like kids in general and NYC kids tend to be pretty fucking annoying.

The ground does suck out here but I can take it. Rough spots are fun to try and maneuver until you fall and the ground eats you alive. I don't honestly think all these kid's would still flock to these rough ass spots with pride if some really nice shit popped up though.
 I don't understand why they can't fucking get the concrete mix right because the "weather" fucking it up doesn't seem right to me. Lots of spots over in Eastern Europe where the weathers way more extreme than NYC and shit's surreal when it comes to skating.

This is directly related to skateboarding but it seems worthy of mentioning. NYC is fucking haggard. People just seem to become content with the fact you're always gonna be pretty dirty - waiting in subways, walking around, yada, yada, yada. I've mentioned it to people before and gotten replies back with some shit like they moved here to be gritty. I would have said before that NYC girls are up on the looks scale but I'm kind of realizing it's just a sheer numbers game here.

A lot of the skate heads out here are kind of kooks. Billy Rohan is alright and has done a lot for skating out here but he's kind of douchey. Gives off a slight bro vibe to me. Eli Reed is a little bro'ish as well but dude's still alright. Jason dill is alright but pretty extreme. Bobby Puleo has gone off the deep end.  Quim Cardona is a cool ass dude. I can't think of anyone else right now.

NYC is a fucking great city but the skating aspect of it can be kind of annyoing. It's just high high/ low low sort of place. I've got a great job and have made a few really good friends out here but I'm still looking forward to when I get to move back out to LA.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »
You're moving in the wrong circles,  or else you are just a dyed in the wool California bronugget.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

hekkahyphy

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »
this one kid did a tre flip on a hop and grilled my friends so they didnt give him props so he did it again and grilled them. i didnt witness it but the way they told me it was pretty funny.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
Boston's cooler.  So is Jersey.  And Atlanta.  And so is Chicago.  Also, Saint Louis.  And dont forget Austin.

velocirapedher

• Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
Free Masons are awesome.

downtownto

• Rep: 0
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2011, 01:31:12 AM »

Borthas

• Rep: -538
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:22 AM »
this is an example of what i meant when i heard nyc kids are wack

http://hellaclips.com/videos/view/6604

lol

shrimpwhitewine

• Rep: 20
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
Yeah, a bunch of teenagers from Long Island represent the NY scene, simpleton.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
skating new york city is hard. not because we choose for it to be, it just is. the weather fucks everything up and we have to deal with it.
But i definitely agree that new york city can get very trendy and played out, but its seriously hard to skate spots in the city over just cruising around and skating random, crusty, "cellar-doors" and such because getting from spot to spot is a fucking trek, and security is usually extremely tight at spots that are really nice, i.e. plazas.

the weather in NYC is "bad" for maybe a month...NY'ers are always spazzin about the winter/weather...try skating through a midwest winter

hardly art, hardly starving

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
The thing is, We may be complaining about our shitty winter, but we are still out there skating in the bitter cold.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
The thing is, We may be complaining about our shitty winter, but we are still out there skating in the bitter cold.

true.  doods are out there skating in the winter...although, imo, NYC does not get "bitter cold"...just cold

hardly art, hardly starving

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

true.  doods are out there skating in the winter...although, imo, NYC does not get "bitter cold"...just cold

the winters vary, but it definitely gets bitter cold. 
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »
TC actually thinks some cellar doors are cool - real talk.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2011, 07:50:38 AM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »

Billy Rohan knows people with black suites.