Author Topic: new skateboard technology  (Read 23566 times)

swagdragon123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
Re: new skateboard technology
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »
Have any grip companies every tried mixing a little crumb rubber (shredded tires) in the grit formula? I feel like if a grip company could maintain grip and extend the life of skate shoes by even half or a third it'd be worth it.
someone on here actually made a few sheets of it and he said it worked. He was trying to sell them on here but no one wanted them. it was probably 5 months ago in the shoes and gear thread I think

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »
^
"griptech" -I think he was selling through ebay.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
Anyone try it? Back when Ari was on here I PMed him with the idea and he said he was down to try it out. I wonder if it's him trying to sell it.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
If it was Ari im sure it would be a different product out of paradox. I have a lot of respect for that guy, he sent the entire forum griptape to try out, I still have those weird ass stickers he included.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »
Nah, it wasn't Ari... don't know the guy's name, but this cat never spoke in third person.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

goatsucker

• Rep: -23
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »
I tried the horrible griptech shit for like 30mins and ripped it off my board shit sucked ass

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »
vans and a nice maple wood deck is all you really need
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
I tried the horrible griptech shit for like 30mins and ripped it off my board shit sucked ass
It was like a textured rubber sheet, right? I've never seen any up close, and pics never really said much.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
i would assume its somewhat of the same idea as the griptape they use for those burton double deck snow skates? kind of like a foam rubber?

tiltmode43

• Rep: 1
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
Anti flat spot (Bones) i saw a kid get flat spot right after setting up those wheels but he was in a powerslide contest of some sort an did like a 40/50ft powerslide multiple times, but anyone buying that shit should expect a flatspot even if they say it wont, its not possible to not flat spot at some point.

Powersliding brand new wheels will always give flatspots, those little 'treads' simply get worn away.

Gimmicky or not, I feel like the Bones STF really do resist flatspots a bit more than standard wheels.  I remember I picked up some Popwar flatspot resistant wheels on sale and was super impressed.  It was around the time I needed new wheels that STF was coming out so I gave them a try and was hooked.  I wouldn't say they make one skate any better but I would like to say they last longer if you tail/blunt/powerslide regularly.  Am I the only one who feels this way?

Agree with pretty much every other statement in this thread though, haha.
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

Chris Jericho

• Rep: 6
  • Ever........ever.......again!
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
they need to make a board that wont let you go from a lipslide to anything else.
TRUTH

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
Lib Tech makes interesting skateboards, they just can't afford someone like Reynolds to market them.  They're also not gimmicky like how Flip dabbles with shit.

Until skateboarders demand a something more sustainable they'll keep doing the same shit. How many people on here saying plain wood is fine, think the Oil Sands in Canada are bad, and that we should be looking for alternatives to Oil, but don't think anything of pros changing boards every few days, and are not disgusted by people focusing their boards?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:53:46 PM by HarryCrews »

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
Lib Tech makes interesting skateboards, they just can't afford someone like Reynolds to market them.  They're also not gimmicky like how Flip dabbles with shit.

Until skateboarders demand a something more sustainable they'll keep doing the same shit. How many people on here saying plain wood is fine, think the Oil Sands in Canada are bad, and that we should be looking for alternatives to Oil, but don't think anything of pros changing boards every few days, and are not disgusted by people focusing their boards?

i'd focus a full tree if i could

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Wooden skateboards aren't sustainable. Tennis players don't wooden racquets, Hockey Players don't use wooden sticks, surfers don't use wooden boards, golfers don't use wooden clubs, they all used too. I don't buy the argument that wood is the snappiest, it's not. Companies probably just wouldn't sell as many if they made longer lasting better boards.
[close]

Baseball anyone? Field hockey? Archery?

I can see your point, but I don't think wood is going anywhere. I was never mad at Fury's that had the bolts built in.
The MLB uses wood because the crowed likes the crack sound of the hit and metal made the game to easy. Field Hockey?....  And if Archery really does use wood I'm sure it's a crafite wood mix

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »
I think the board technology your into depends on the boards you have rode. I have exclusively ridden girl, toy machine, habitat, aws, mini logo
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »
personally im not fussed as i rarely snap boards, but one of my mates snaps them all the time, he recently snapped his flip P2 which lasted at least 3 times longer than any other board hes had, so maybe there is something to it