Author Topic: A little OIAM info leak  (Read 14613 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: A little OIAM info leak
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:42 AM »
Expand Quote
From what I heard the kids weren't pieces of shit and that was the problem. The producers wanted them to act for it and do a bunch of lame shit, so they didn't. For the kid saying they were all ungrateful and what not, it probably seems that way since they weren't going to play into some bullshit when it shouldn't have even been like that. Fuck the people running it who wanted it to be a shit show, more people would have watched if the kids were just killing it.
[close]

kids were definitely dickheads. you werent even there
and you were?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

smellyfart

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »
sounds like a great show to me

Hatechild

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
sounds like a great show to me
They better not cancel it.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 809
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Heard Mango won.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Sounds like too much "Forrest Factor",

or they were coaxed to fake it.

Either way seems bad.

True Story

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »
The trip to CA was cancelled for the top 3.
Many of the skaters and judges felt disrespected and coerced into 'acting' a certain way by the producers of the show.
There were many instances where the skaters and/or judges/filmers almost walked away.

True Story

doc

• Rep: -4
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:43 PM »
So I guess the produces sucked. That stinks I really liked OIAM. Hopefully my buddy Matt made out alright.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Heard Mango won.

He's always a winner in my book

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »
The trip to CA was cancelled for the top 3.
Many of the skaters and judges felt disrespected and coerced into 'acting' a certain way by the producers of the show.
There were many instances where the skaters and/or judges/filmers almost walked away.

True Story

Who were the producers and truthfully, why did this program really need "producers?" Unless they represent the sponsors of OIAM. Like everyone has said, you just fly out some kids, film them for a week, and edit out the bullshit. Not too difficult.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »
That obviously wouldn't cut it after last year. They want to increase views, not lose them.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
I doubt they would just scrap the whole project, they put all that money into flying the kids out and shit. They need to get something out of this.

ghettokid

• Rep: -5
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
From what I heard the kids weren't pieces of shit and that was the problem. The producers wanted them to act for it and do a bunch of lame shit, so they didn't. For the kid saying they were all ungrateful and what not, it probably seems that way since they weren't going to play into some bullshit when it shouldn't have even been like that. Fuck the people running it who wanted it to be a shit show, more people would have watched if the kids were just killing it.
[close]

kids were definitely dickheads. you werent even there
[close]
and you were?

actually i was.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
ghettokid, give us the rundown!!!  spill it...
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

very_undude

• Rep: 3
  • Shacked
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
Expand Quote
^ you have fucking got to be kidding me.?  its one thing to have drama its a whole other ball game when you are trying to make MTV drama by fishing for people to talk shit on one another.?  fucking idiot.
[close]

your mtv reference is lost on me, cause I don't watched it, i'll assume you do. I respect your sense of ownership over free show on the internet, that's cute. Though i'm curious how your can critic a show that hasn't even been logged yet? You got some fancy future vision or just a belly full of troll hate?
Holy shit i just saw this.  i have beed slippin lately on my slap board lurking so i am playing catch up.  what a fucking bafoon you are.  you don't have to watch MTV to know there is mad drama on it. i was merely using it as a reference.  obviously i did a sufficient job as it sounds like you got what i was trying to say.  second Finukin is a local homie of a homie so i was getting updates on the regular which is how i was in the know.  i was trying to offer a little insight to the discussion.  and as it turns out days later everyone is posting exactly what i said was going on.  so before you talk shit think twice and then just shut the fuck up.
im in college, so yes im looking to buy a place

ghettokid

• Rep: -5
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »

alex klein was the faggy producer.  thats the guys that fucked it all up pretty much..and most of the gerber finalist..

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ you have fucking got to be kidding me.?  its one thing to have drama its a whole other ball game when you are trying to make MTV drama by fishing for people to talk shit on one another.?  fucking idiot.
[close]

your mtv reference is lost on me, cause I don't watched it, i'll assume you do. I respect your sense of ownership over free show on the internet, that's cute. Though i'm curious how your can critic a show that hasn't even been logged yet? You got some fancy future vision or just a belly full of troll hate?
[close]
Holy shit i just saw this.  i have beed slippin lately on my slap board lurking so i am playing catch up.  what a fucking bafoon you are.  you don't have to watch MTV to know there is mad drama on it. i was merely using it as a reference.  obviously i did a sufficient job as it sounds like you got what i was trying to say.  second Finukin is a local homie of a homie so i was getting updates on the regular which is how i was in the know.  i was trying to offer a little insight to the discussion.  and as it turns out days later everyone is posting exactly what i said was going on.  so before you talk shit think twice and then just shut the fuck up.
Wowwwwwwwwwww someone got butthurt  ;D
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

A.J.K.

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

alex klein was the faggy producer.  thats the guys that fucked it all up pretty much..and most of the gerber finalist..
That's surprising, I was expecting some random non-skate guy.  You would think he would have been able to handle this, and not make completely shitty but oh well.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That's surprising, I was expecting some random non-skate guy.  You would think he would have been able to handle this, and not make completely shitty but oh well.

Not sure what happened in the last week but I back Alex. Him and his crew are the reason last year's OIAM was a success. Have you watched any of the first 6 OIAMs?

I'm bummed on how this thread turned for the worst. I was just excited that Cardiel was a part of OIAM

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
the bigger the shit show and the more similar to terrible reality tv it is, the more likely i am to tune in.   so far it sounds great. 
where is home?

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
heard it might not even come out. pretty much all the kids were dickheads/ungreatful kooks, the producer was a douche and ruined the whole OIAM concept. everyone was bummed on the guy and what he was making the show into. so its either not coming out/ an unfinished project/ waste of money, or its going to come out and it will be hella FUCKED/ruin skateboarding...  either way this is the last OIAM.  but the finalists shreded the city forsure! some gnarly shit went down

you couldn't be more wrong about the kids.  they were all cool as fuck--just all-around rad dudes.  and all of them were extremely grateful to get the chance to go to new york, since it was many of their first times to the east coast, even.  they all got along great, not only with one another, but with every skater they met here.  you are right, though, that some gnarly stuff definitely went down.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
Wait, who first put out word that the show was canceled?

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
Wait, who first put out word that the show was canceled?

no one has confirmed it.  just kids speculating.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
Alex Klein of City Skateboards and who made that middle eastern surf documentary? I might be off on the latter, I'm drunk. Either way, shit sounds like something I'd watch anyway. After last year's OIAM, I'm not only expecting good skating, but mad drama. Bring it.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

MarcusSorrell

• Rep: 1
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »
Whoever said Mikey Haywood is a douche is funny, cuz that's my boy and he's defenitely not a douche.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:29 AM »
Anyone else have to check the milk in their fridge after reading the word spoiler?

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2011, 01:15:15 AM »
i hope we get to see it or someone at the very least writes an article and they release the skating or something. that being said id be so hyped to watch whatever semblance of a show they may have drama's the funniest

im probably lying

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
fuck, see what happens when you take the shit to new york

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

earlygrab

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »
the worst everyone here tries to make it sound the more you all just gonna want to watch it. NYC is not a fake town, kooks get blown out. Stop worrying about it. Get some popcorn.

ahl33

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »
i heard that bobby puleo kicked them out of every spot they tried to skate