Author Topic: Where are DLX/Real decks made?  (Read 11315 times)

manuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Where are DLX/Real decks made?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
Is it my shop or DLX no longer makes 7.75 decks? (I don't remember seeing any 7.75 in their latest catalog)

I am thinking about getting a Toy Machine... how about their wood?
I was at my local shop and they had a Real 7.75, I think it was renew deck. And the Dennis Busenitz Realicon series deck is also 7.75http://www.dlxsf.com/spring10/rs/#realiconseries

spare change

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:04 PM »
You can figure out quite a lot just from looking at the tops of decks.  

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix.  You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China.  99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China.  No more USA factory.  Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

Everything under dwindle (almost, blind, darkstar, speed demons, enjoi, cliche) is pressed in China.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background.  Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops.  PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff.  You can see a sticker on the top of their decks.  Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware.  Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico.  Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip.  All P2's are made by NHS.

Pretty much anything that doesn't have a country or factory identifier, I assume is Chinese made.
The terrible china made alien/habitat boards are laser etched by the front truck with the appropriate logo.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »
Expand Quote
You can figure out quite a lot just from looking at the tops of decks.  

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix.  You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China.  99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China.  No more USA factory.  Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

Everything under dwindle (almost, blind, darkstar, speed demons, enjoi, cliche) is pressed in China.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background.  Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops.  PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff.  You can see a sticker on the top of their decks.  Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware.  Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico.  Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip.  All P2's are made by NHS.

Pretty much anything that doesn't have a country or factory identifier, I assume is Chinese made.
[close]
The terrible china made alien/habitat boards are laser etched by the front truck with the appropriate logo.

Yeah... I've seen the Chinese Alien/Habitats with either just a warning sticker (no country) or the laser etched logo at the front truck (no country)

andre mann

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 11:22:13 AM »
so what company specifically is really worthy of our support????

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
What kind of wood is High 5?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
I like this topic.  So here is my input even though you didn't ask.  I've been riding mostly dlx boards for the last 8 years.  But since they have gone to Mexico, I am no longer hyped.  I have a Julien Stranger that I have ridden 3 times.  The tall is just gone, and it's starting to delam. 

The renewal boards are shit, but if you go through a board in less than four days, you probably won't complain.

To the the person who asked about Toy decks, yeah they are good if it's not a price point.

Boards we can back? The best boards I have ridden in the last couple years have been Stereo.  But now that they are changing, I don't think this will remain as good.  Coda and Rasa Libra use the same wood and feel great but offer limited sizing.  I also have zero complaints with Roger and High 5.  Oh and 5boro makes some good stuff to.  Just the opinion of a skateboarder. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

moop

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
do the krooked price points just use the same wood but with less colors? or do they skimp out on the wood too?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
I like this topic.  So here is my input even though you didn't ask.  I've been riding mostly dlx boards for the last 8 years.  But since they have gone to Mexico, I am no longer hyped.  I have a Julien Stranger that I have ridden 3 times.  The tall is just gone, and it's starting to delam. 

The renewal boards are shit, but if you go through a board in less than four days, you probably won't complain.

To the the person who asked about Toy decks, yeah they are good if it's not a price point.

Boards we can back? The best boards I have ridden in the last couple years have been Stereo.  But now that they are changing, I don't think this will remain as good.  Coda and Rasa Libra use the same wood and feel great but offer limited sizing.  I also have zero complaints with Roger and High 5.  Oh and 5boro makes some good stuff to.  Just the opinion of a skateboarder. 

I heard the same thing about the renewal boards.  A friend of mine who's a dlx lifer/dick rider hated the one he had and he never talks shit about dlx lol

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »
I like the deluxe shapes the most and their wood is one of the best awesome companies aswell.

Easy choice.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »

I know this is an old thread but DLX are still great, don't care what anyone else says. I ride them with pride to this day. To the dude whose board only lasted 4 days, unless you were purposely damaging it and throwing it or whatever then maybe you got a defect. Sucks. If it was one of the renewals, which I never rode so can't speak about them but when you buy a cheaper deck there's probably a reason it's priced so low.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »
Anybody know what wood telegraph uses?

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
i really like slave boards. they're made in mexico.

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know this is an old thread but DLX are still great, don't care what anyone else says. I ride them with pride to this day. To the dude whose board only lasted 4 days, unless you were purposely damaging it and throwing it or whatever then maybe you got a defect. Sucks. If it was one of the renewals, which I never rode so can't speak about them but when you buy a cheaper deck there's probably a reason it's priced so low.
Anybody know what wood telegraph uses?

Telegraph is made by Unified as far as I know, so right out of LA.

About DLX, I have countless Real and Anti-Hero boards, and they've all been awesome. Of course I like the idea of American made but I haven't seen a quality drop whatsoever. They're not china crap and I hope they never become that as a last resort to stay in business. They're close enough to keep quality monitored and they go through less shipping around than some boards made in the states.

Another reason to support DLX is that they're still skater operated and not saying that I know any of them well, but the riders and employees that I've met have all been super cool, no bad attitudes or cooler than thou persona. On top of that if you follow the cool stuff they do then you know it's an awesome company. The Johnny Romano boards is a perfect example. I'm not a fanboy, too old for that, but I love their products and think they're definitely worth supporting. In short, buy their stuff, it's good.

FiftyScent

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »
kayo woods fucking great. dont care where its made, cuz nowadays pretty much everything we have in america is made overseas, but to me kayos have the best stock wood.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 06:24:57 PM »
Telegraph is made by Unified as far as I know, so right out of LA. 

Ah, thanks. That's good to know. Now if I could only find one...

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »
kayo woods fucking great. dont care where its made, cuz nowadays pretty much everything we have in america is made overseas, but to me kayos have the best stock wood.

i like kayo and dlx wood/shapes the best.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

No Thanks.

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 06:28:04 AM »
What kind of wood is High 5?

High 5 comes from Excel or Xcell or however it is spelt. It's just easier to say China.  I believe that Roger is made there too.

I have a significant issue with Dwindle and wont ever ride one, it just seems like every time I go to my local shop someone has brought in a de-lam to be shipped back to them.  Not to mention all of the shapes seem to have super steep concave and no tail.

Personally I don't see why people are hating on decks made in Mexico.  It has a moderate climate which is good for the wood, it is closer to Canada than China, and because of NAFTA the factories are owned by the same guys that owned them here in the States, they are just cheaper to operate allowing the companies to make a profit.  And you know it is a vote of confidence when DLX, Kayo, Black Box and a slew of other brands like Stereo and Magenta trust them with their product.

KatyPerry

• Rep: -1
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »
most dlx boards are good. my favorite board ive owned is my krooked.
but dont get price points. ive had 2 antihero pricepoints that snapped in under a month. this most recent one broke on flat after a week of owning it.

KatyPerry

• Rep: -1
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
most dlx boards are good. my favorite board ive owned is my krooked.
but dont get price points. ive had 2 antihero pricepoints that snapped in under a month. this most recent one broke on flat after a week of owning it.

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »
Land bolts and you wont break boards skating flat.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
DLX boards are quality, I really dig their shapes and couldn't give 2 shits where they're made. I've gotta say though, the strongest/longest lasting board I've had in the last year has been a 5boro I just finished up with. Great shape and strong as hell. I'm pretty sure they use Chapman wood, same as Traffic.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »

Support 1031.

Other companies: Roger, Bacon, 5Boro, DLX are still a rad company, they make good boards and do good things for skating as a whole but you get what you pay for with the cheap shit. That goes for every company, there's a reason they can charge less for it. Except 1031, they charge less because they're not in it for the $$. Beware, 1031 also has budget boards which aren't american made and may or may not be as good as the ones made in a Wisconsin factory from wood that grows in a Wisconsin forest. I haven't tried their budget cuts or Tijuana Terror series (guess where those are made) so can't say for sure how much less awesome they are than a standard 1031 board.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »
Best boards ever!