Author Topic: London Parks/spots  (Read 1753 times)

robcapone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
London Parks/spots
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
I am heading out to London in a week or so for a couple days and i was wondering if anyone knew of any cool spots/parks to visit? I am staying in covent garden, but i am able to get around that area if that helps
thanks

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
Re: London Parks/spots
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
Check out South Bank spot, I think that's close to Covent Garden Station.

lynus

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
To find southbank, its basically on the river thames, just take a walk along there 10 minutes walk along the river bank from  the london eye heading towards tower bridge, this is probably the most famous London spot.

theres also another spot just behind the london eye with steps etc, that appears in a few UK videos (blueprint etc), however not sure how to give directions from here. Beyond that you have the parks, guys at southbank could probably direct you to most pf them however.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:39:54 PM »
Probabaly too late now, but the easiest way to get to Southbank is to get off at Embankment and cross the bridge and your there

The steps the person above is talking about is most likely St Pauls steps, on the other side of the river to Southbank right by St Pauls Cathedarls. Multiple mid sized stair sets in a line. Can be a bust though and the police are known to give out tickets there.

If i'm too late, where did you skate in the end? There's so much in London

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »
So I am going to London again. I have been there skating a couple of times, but only on my own and just some well known spots like south banks, cause there never was mucht time. Now I will be there with 2 other Skaters and we want to check out a little more. I just wanted to know if any london heads can help me out on where to start. I know there are tons of small things to skate arround the whole city, but are there any particularly good areas, where we can start our explorations? Everything would be appreciated, but I would be particularly interested in Banks and Hipspots.

Speaking of London, anybody know something of the slam city video "city of rats". Is it out yet?

cheers for helping!

yescomply

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »
So I am going to London again. I have been there skating a couple of times, but only on my own and just some well known spots like south banks, cause there never was mucht time. Now I will be there with 2 other Skaters and we want to check out a little more. I just wanted to know if any london heads can help me out on where to start. I know there are tons of small things to skate arround the whole city, but are there any particularly good areas, where we can start our explorations? Everything would be appreciated, but I would be particularly interested in Banks and Hipspots.

Speaking of London, anybody know something of the slam city video "city of rats". Is it out yet?

cheers for helping!

premiere should be 11th feb so the dvd will be out 5 or 6 days after. not completely confirmed yet but thats the plan
also just skate around the city, like bank and st pauls etc thats were most of the typically famous spots are
obviously southbank, try stockwell skate park, mile end and theres a new park opening in clapham common

truthislie

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
Thanks, yescomply. We will be going in may so there is still plenty of time, but I just booked the flights and so I am hyped.

There are 2 Spots I want to know:
The black launch things at 0:48 in this clip:

Yebo Gogo

And these black benches to steep bank. I didnt find a clip, but they are pretty famous. I think I saw Lucien Clark skating them.

Thank you for your help!

Blanco

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
Thanks, yescomply. We will be going in may so there is still plenty of time, but I just booked the flights and so I am hyped.

There are 2 Spots I want to know:
The black launch things at 0:48 in this clip:

Yebo Gogo

And these black benches to steep bank. I didnt find a clip, but they are pretty famous. I think I saw Lucien Clark skating them.

Thank you for your help!

The black wedges at 0:48 are right by North Greenwich underground station. They are the black rectangles between the buildings on this map - http://g.co/maps/jcqyw

I think the bench to bank is the one by Euston station on Eversholt Street. http://g.co/maps/hu79j

truthislie

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
Thanks a lot!

I was actually refering to another bench to bank spot (banks are built with bricks there), but I dont really have the time to search a clip with it now. I will post one, if I finde one. Anyway the one you posted looks even better. Do you know if its a bust?

Blanco

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 01:28:14 AM »
Thanks a lot!

I was actually refering to another bench to bank spot (banks are built with bricks there), but I dont really have the time to search a clip with it now. I will post one, if I finde one. Anyway the one you posted looks even better. Do you know if its a bust?

It is kind of. You would have to go outside business hours and you may not get long, plus the ride out is into a busy road so you need a few people to watch out and stop you riding out into traffic.

truthislie

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »
I meant the bench to bank at 2:05 in this clip:

HOLD TIGHT LONDON VOL.6

The grey block at 2: 56 also looks very interesting. Ok, I am going to stop annoying you guys now and just look forward to my trip :)

Blanco

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
I meant the bench to bank at 2:05 in this clip:

HOLD TIGHT LONDON VOL.6

The grey block at 2: 56 also looks very interesting. Ok, I am going to stop annoying you guys now and just look forward to my trip :)

Ah ok 2:05 is on Archway Road very close to Archway underground station - http://g.co/maps/9atwn

Can't help you with 2:56, no idea where that is.