Author Topic: USA Stereotypes?  (Read 47040 times)

Useful Idiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: USA Stereotypes?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
You loves you? Megatron.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 08:59:10 PM »
The obsession over big titties is almost exclusively american  8).

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
when I think of europeans i think of fat skinny people made of bones and jelly, no muscle.

I don't understand why they give us such a hard time about us not knowing exactly where their countries are, i bet they cant name the states surrounding Colorado
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

aWizard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
I've lived in Japan most of my life, and when I see service members being stupid I get embarrassed and it makes me look bad, because people are going to judge me based of previous experiences.
If people would judge each person individually life would be so easy, but that's not how people work.
For example, one of the Japanese ladies I work with seemed scared to talk to(or even look at) me. I asked about it and found out some ghetto black girl named Raquanda or some shit like that was being a stereotypical black bitch before I started working there.

I'm skating down the street and probably look like Deebo from Friday.
All I have to say is thank god for Bob Sapp

The story at the top seems kinda open-ended because I have ADD and wasn't really sure where I was taking it, but hopefully you guys understand.
I like my trucks between "loose" and "you're a faggot".

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
I don't understand why they give us such a hard time about us not knowing exactly where their countries are, i bet they cant name the states surrounding Colorado
You're not helping.
Also, that's not really comparable. These are states within a country. That would be like someone from the UK saying "I bet you can't name the counties bordering West Midlands".

Greg Ostertag

• Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 10:27:39 PM »
Only canadians punt on third down.

Top ten posts on Slap. All time.
Cold Ghengis

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:26 PM »
Only canadians punt on third down.
I love you

I've lived in Japan most of my life, and when I see service members being stupid I get embarrassed and it makes me look bad, because people are going to judge me based of previous experiences.
If people would judge each person individually life would be so easy, but that's not how people work.
For example, one of the Japanese ladies I work with seemed scared to talk to(or even look at) me. I asked about it and found out some ghetto black girl named Raquanda or some shit like that was being a stereotypical black bitch before I started working there.

I'm skating down the street and probably look like Deebo from Friday.

The story at the top seems kinda open-ended because I have ADD and wasn't really sure where I was taking it, but hopefully you guys understand.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:04:16 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Money Black

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »
ignorance
arrogance

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
when I think of europeans i think of fat skinny people made of bones and jelly, no muscle.

Hahahhaa, of course you'd say something like this. I remember you getting bummed when I called a thread about pushups lame jock shit.

You're analogy is pretty much an embodiment of self-importance that people tend to attribute to Americans. There's a huge difference between not being able to place France on a map and not being able to place Utah on a map.

It's okay PFIASB, you've redeemed yourself at times I think, you're not a total sack of shit.

CATZ

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 11:50:56 PM »
one thing i thought was weird in the states was when someone would hold the door for you and you would say "thanks" they would always say "youre welcome". it may not sound weird but i dont think ive seen anyone do that anywhere else

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »
Wow this thread is rad. Isn't it a stereotype of USA that our women can't cook? Can anyone confirm or deny this.

Also, before social networking was so prevalent, I always thought that most euro skateboarders dressed like ravers from the 90's and did really low switch varial flips in lines. Now though, I see this isn't always the case.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 12:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I'd like to live in Japan
[close]
I hope you like being discriminated against on a daily basis.
I lived in Georgia for 9 years and was discriminated on a daily basis with some of the most racist shit coming from black people of all things.  I lived in Japan for almost 4 years and was never discriminated against.  I'm asian (filipino) and I speak pretty good japanese from studying it since middle school up to the college level (5 credits away from a bachelors).

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 03:30:20 AM »
I lived in Georgia for 9 years and was discriminated on a daily basis with some of the most racist shit coming from black people of all things.
From black people?! How absurd. Surely there can't be bigoted black people.

I lived in Japan for almost 4 years and was never discriminated against. ? I'm asian (filipino) and I speak pretty good japanese from studying it since middle school up to the college level (5 credits away from a bachelors).
Been here over 8 years, and I'm a translator. I'm not just pulling this out of my ass. Being of SE Asian decent might have had something to do with it, as most Japanese have trouble differentiating between other SE Asian nationalities. Even so they treat ???? and ?? differently. That's just the way it is.

*EDIT: It appears this forum doesn't support Japanese text the above should say ".... treat ajia-jin and gaijin differently"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:32:31 AM by Jive Turkey »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 06:15:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I lived in Georgia for 9 years and was discriminated on a daily basis with some of the most racist shit coming from black people of all things.?  I lived in Japan for almost 4 years and was never discriminated against.?  I'm asian (filipino) and I speak pretty good japanese from studying it since middle school up to the college level (5 credits away from a bachelors).

no one every called you a nip bastard in australia? i heard that shit daily when i lived there... really suprised that you find it such a tolerent place. i also found the people to be very much in each others business. all the social laws which "protect" people from hurting themselves. they had a cop that would hid in the bushes and ticket people for breaking "traffic" laws on their bikes like riding with one hand. this seriously happened several times a week. and then they had a law against hanging their feet off the edge of a boat.

i'm really suprised by all the rascist stereo types for americans in this thread. i've found it way more racial tolerent than most places and actually is one of the few places in the world that takes PC and rascisim to an annoying level.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I lived in Georgia for 9 years and was discriminated on a daily basis with some of the most racist shit coming from black people of all things.?  I lived in Japan for almost 4 years and was never discriminated against.?  I'm asian (filipino) and I speak pretty good japanese from studying it since middle school up to the college level (5 credits away from a bachelors).
[close]

no one every called you a nip bastard in australia? i heard that shit daily when i lived there... really suprised that you find it such a tolerent place. i also found the people to be very much in each others business. all the social laws which "protect" people from hurting themselves. they had a cop that would hid in the bushes and ticket people for breaking "traffic" laws on their bikes like riding with one hand. this seriously happened several times a week. and then they had a law against hanging their feet off the edge of a boat.

i'm really suprised by all the rascist stereo types for americans in this thread. i've found it way more racial tolerent than most places and actually is one of the few places in the world that takes PC and rascisim to an annoying level.

What about the culture of fear and discrimination towards Muslims/anyone who appears to be vaguely from the middle east post 9/11? Maybe this is overplayed in the media

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 06:31:59 AM »

that dude got beaten up by everybody lol
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2011, 07:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I lived in Georgia for 9 years and was discriminated on a daily basis with some of the most racist shit coming from black people of all things.??  I lived in Japan for almost 4 years and was never discriminated against.??  I'm asian (filipino) and I speak pretty good japanese from studying it since middle school up to the college level (5 credits away from a bachelors).
[close]

[close]

What about the culture of fear and discrimination towards Muslims/anyone who appears to be vaguely from the middle east post 9/11? Maybe this is overplayed in the media

your mistaking me saying more racially tolerent for me saying completely racially tolerent. i don't thank any country is a uptopia where no one generalizes in anyway (and personally i'm kind of glad) but i think that in the US it's a lot futher along than most places i've lived. i've never witnessed racism against muslism or anyone else for that matter, first hand living in the states. now, i've heard racial conversations but never heard anyone yell racial slurs at someone or be violent towards someone over race. it's the complete opposite. someone says something that makes the vaguest generalization about a group and it becomes this huge blown out deal. people are so defensive about being labelled a racists that in my opinion it's gone too far and it's a bit annoying.

constrast that with my time travelling in europe and living in australia i saw so many examples of people not just talking amoung themselves and being racist but yelling slurs at people. i was spit on several times and hit because i was "a fukin yank bastard." people would openly talk about me as being a yank and other yanks when i was around. i got so used to it i even did it a few times when some saliors or tourist were being embarassing and i'd be out skating with my friends. i tried really hard to learn to speak with an australian accent because it was so annoying to get harrassed all the time. now don't get me wrong, it was always just that one small group of assholes and most people were nice but none of the nice people ever chimmed in.

try and go in public even in the smallest red neck town in the US and shake someone down about race in public, that's not going to fly. you can't just walk up to someone, drop the n bomb and spit in their face here, white people will be the first ones to jump your shit about it. but that happened to me over and over when i lived abraod. and then there were so many occasions when i saw people yelling at asain familys and spitting at them. full familys with small kids. they had a guy, this "bogan" who pulled his cab driver out of the cab he was riding in and kicked him to death on the side of the road and then at trail said "[i did it] because i just can't stand the nip bastards" and he only got 13 months in jail. the asian guy had a family and small kids. this kind of shit hasn't happened in the US in a really, really long time.

say what you want but the reality is that the US is way more racially tolerent than other places i've lived. even recently on here someone was researching the riots in england and was shocked about how racist the most popular responses were. the mel gibson thing, does anyone in australia actually care or would they be suprised? hell no, that shits so par for the course.

there's a lot of things you can critisize the masses for over here but being racially intollernet when comparied to the rest of the world isn't one of them. and i find it really suprising that people who live in places where they know it's not racially tolerent are the first ones to throw stones at the US for being racist.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2011, 08:28:22 AM »
-Kids drive their car to high school and play football.
-Being a football player is a first class ticket to pussy and leadership of the school.
-All cute girls are cheerleaders who will exclusively date football players.
-Everyone carries their books to school, no backpacks.
-Every geekish 8-year old boy has a mother that's passed away and a father that works all the time and thus, although loving his son, lets him down frequently.
-Lunch money is a dangerous thing to carry around at school.
-Promnight is the greatest night of everyone's life.

I could go on for quite a while.
I have seen many-a-highschool movie in my time.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »
man all this racism shit would be gone if all these faggots skated, and it reminds me of something that happened the other day at the skatepark...

at the park i live by theres a regular ledge thats kind of tall, then another one thats really tall and this dude told me to try back smith up the tall one. i said no because i cant ollie that high and hes like well this black dude that we know did it. im like thats because he can ollie high as fuck dude, and the dude i was talking to is just like "why can he ollie high?"; which made me pause for a second because it was just like.... what? why can he ollie high? then him and this other black dude were like "you were about to say because hes black" when i seriously didnt even think of that at all...

this story probably made no sense

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
Just read everything in this thread while eating rib tips.
what a good morning

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »

That all Americans think australian kids ride kangaroos to school

You mean they don't? Bummer.

I just don't like when I go to Europe and people who have never been to the U.S. try to tell me how it is here.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote

That all Americans think australian kids ride kangaroos to school

[close]
You mean they don't? Bummer.

I just don't like when I go to Europe and people who have never been to the U.S. try to tell me how it is here.

I've been to New York and Florida and the whole americans being stupid is just bullshit. I'm sure there are some dummys out there, but there are some pretty fucking ignorant people here too. People need to realise a stereotype doesn't reflect everyone in a country, but they are pretty funny if you don't take them to heart.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
that americans never lock their car. They just get out.
and all the rest that has been said.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
America is racist as fuck, just like most other countries. Doing it behind their back instead of to their faces is hardly something to celebrate. In vancouver its the same, everyone co-exists but then the instant its a few white guys together they start refering in racist terms. Actually co-exist is used really loosely too. Working in the meat industrty we do business with everyone, but indian companies almost  exclusively hire indian people, same as japanese etc. There's an indian phone book here. White people love bringing up that if we had a segregated phone book it'd be considered racist. So there are no race crimes here at all, and yet racism is extremely evident everywhere you go.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You're not helping.
Also, that's not really comparable. These are states within a country. That would be like someone from the UK saying "I bet you can't name the counties bordering West Midlands".
i understand what you're saying but are you really comparing our states to UK counties?

just saying. im going to stop now
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
Really not helping with the whole 'America is more important than everywhere else' stereotype...

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
My wifes sister thought that Sweden was above Canada, she is from VA.

The following is a conversation between my friend's old girlfriend and his sister:

Sister: So where you from again?
Girlfriend: Ecuador.
Sister: Well it's a good thing you got outta there!
Girlfriend: ...Uh, why?
Sister: Because the war?!
Girlfriend: What war?
Sister: The war in Iraq!
Girlfriend: What?
Sister: Aren't they right next to each other? In Africa?

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
You're not helping.
[close]
i understand what you're saying but are you really comparing our states to UK counties?

just saying. im going to stop now

Really not helping with the whole 'America is more important than everywhere else' stereotype...

Can we just settle this by saying that Texas is more important than any other place.

"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »
Living in the south and midwest there's a lot of people like this: