Author Topic: The Shorts Thread  (Read 5793 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
Re: The Shorts Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2023, 10:39:00 PM »
Been running these lately and feel great when skating (also been wanting to get my Lucas Puig on). Big downside is not being able to hold things in pockets when being active though.

https://www.gymshark.com/products/gymshark-arrival-7-shorts-navy-ss22

As a fellow fan of the cult of Puig.
Someone should make shorts like this with actual pockets (that zip shut).
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2023, 06:41:37 AM »
Code: [Select]
Expand Quote
Bump

PSA to anyone looking at Quasi shorts: don't skate in them.

These are the Quasi murmur shorts. They ripped at the crotch bad while I was skating today, literally from just bending down. I've skated in them many times before so this rip felt super random.

Thankfully there was a skate shop nearby (shout-out Anchor Skate Supply in St Pete FL, you guys are awesome), and thank the higher powers that I didn't run into any kids while getting to the shop.

[close]

what was the underwear situation here, commando, jockstrap, tighty whitey, g-string?

Just boxers, but I'd rather not risk getting reported on in a place I'm not from :v

LebowskisRug

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2023, 05:42:12 PM »
Reviving cuz this is 2 years old and almost Summer- what's good in the world of shorts these days?

I'm taller and have tried Patagonia and Prana but want something that's not athletic. I got some Carhartt shorts last summer I lost and I remember having to order 3 of the same size and they all fit different so I don't want that hassle again. I like stuff to be sorta loose but not Big Boy. A solid dad short.

caked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2023, 07:25:34 PM »
Reviving cuz this is 2 years old and almost Summer- what's good in the world of shorts these days?

I'm taller and have tried Patagonia and Prana but want something that's not athletic. I got some Carhartt shorts last summer I lost and I remember having to order 3 of the same size and they all fit different so I don't want that hassle again. I like stuff to be sorta loose but not Big Boy. A solid dad short.

I dig these Levis shorts, loose enough but not totally baggy. very comfy and the elastic waist is pretty great.

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/shorts/levis-xx-chino-ez-waist-8-mens-shorts/p/A10420010

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/levis-mens-xx-chino-ez-waist-relaxed-fit-twill-shorts?ID=12297823&CategoryID=3310&isDlp=true&swatchColor=Gray%20Flannel%20Gray

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2023, 07:30:12 PM »
Bronze carpenter shorts my favorite from the last few years .

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2023, 04:59:12 AM »
bout USD8 after conversion..

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2023, 05:34:58 AM »
Sorry couldn’t resist

Shouldn’t resist. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Looking for any insight into Patagonia Baggies. Any opinions of em’? I’m running an old pair of whatever I copped from H&M years ago…want something more sustainable, long lasting.

The Big Dawg

• Rep: 11
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2023, 09:00:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Sorry couldn’t resist

[close]

Shouldn’t resist. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Looking for any insight into Patagonia Baggies. Any opinions of em’? I’m running an old pair of whatever I copped from H&M years ago…want something more sustainable, long lasting.

As much as I hate buying from places like H&M, their shorts are cheap and pretty reliable. I’ve looked into the Patagonia baggies too but just can’t justify spending $60 on shorts. Gonna try my luck with some Carhartt shorts this year and hope they work out.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2023, 09:43:15 AM »
I bought a pair of RVCA Chainmail shorts and I'm liking them so far. They do fit at least one size too big though even though I got my normal size.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2023, 10:00:48 AM »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

switchfakie

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »
i hope somebody hears me out, but if you cut your dickies double knees right at the mid point of the knees, you'll get some of the best fucking shorts you'll ever have

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »
i'd like to see some cut dickies double knees?

dickies sk8 double knees start just barley above the knee on me and i feel weird wearing them, i'm almost 6'3", they are like double shins, wtf. they're 36x32's and i wear 34x32 in most pants true to size.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2023, 01:03:00 PM »
Patagonia Baggies. Just copped a pair and they’re legit. Seemingly the do it all short; deep ass pockets, snap secured back pocket and fit TTS. Some real adult shit.

The 5 inch is Puig territory. Went with the 7 inch for flexibility. Worth the cash, even better if you can get from worn wear.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2023, 04:52:55 PM »
Just ordered 3 of these. I really like the light, stretchy quick dry shorts that you can wear to a nice dinner or to the beach/lake. I haven't tried these but they look right and being surf brand guessing that's the use they are targeting. 55 but I'll wear good shorts for like 5+ years.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8K2WB56?smid=A1XKK94ISE43TH&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1&psc=1

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2023, 06:10:13 PM »
I wear a uniform at work and you get two pairs of shorts, I'm the only one at work that gets them and I only wear them when I'm skating. Every new contract they forget that I have shorts so I never turn them in an have too many pairs. I highly recommend getting a job where they provide a uniform and socks, I hardly have to do laundry

https://unifirst.com

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2023, 09:36:22 AM »
gramicci shorts are great. not super baggy, but loose and aren't super long

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2023, 10:21:01 AM »
I just got a pair of Dickies 11” duck carpenter shorts. They’re a very modern “cool” pair of shorts. A little bit loose and extend just past the knee . I got a clip in them and didn’t look stupid
fuck you bama

gravityslips

• Rep: 5
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2023, 09:30:10 AM »
I have been very hyped on cutoff dickies lately
I have a lanky physique and I feel like almost all other shorts look awkward on me, especially long inseams
if you aren't a coward, try cutting them off mid-thigh. it feels amazing too.

switchfakie

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2023, 11:07:01 PM »
i'd like to see some cut dickies double knees?

dickies sk8 double knees start just barley above the knee on me and i feel weird wearing them, i'm almost 6'3", they are like double shins, wtf. they're 36x32's and i wear 34x32 in most pants true to size.

yeh somethings fucky with the skate version of the double knees

i also found that the double knee patch is lower than the standard pant