Author Topic: Worst shoes you ever skated?  (Read 37993 times)

happenstance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Worst shoes you ever skated?
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2011, 05:01:48 PM »
All vulcanized shoes - every pair I have I have owned had the sole blow out within 2 weeks. I have had 5 pairs maybe and will never get another again.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
Right Now I have the Lakai Guy XLKs, and they are pretty shitty. The Fallen Slashes sucked for me, lasted maybe two weeks. I had a pair of vox once and they blew out super fast, and I couldn't even ollie back then.
fuck

Tony

• Rep: 7
    • Sleep Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »
I'm fully over the vulcanize shoe trend. Wish i could pickup a pair of DC Lynx or Etnies Sal 23's.

All vulcanized shoes - every pair I have I have owned had the sole blow out within 2 weeks. I have had 5 pairs maybe and will never get another again.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2011, 04:56:53 AM »
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit. Had ONE pair of Vans and that will never happen again, no fucking support what so ever, hate them. I need something like éS Accel, fat tongue, great shape and thick layer around my feet. Im a skateboarder, not a balett dancer, I need support and a shoe that lasts at least two months. Last shoe, Koston one, lakai remake lasted me five months. Thats a shoe! A fucking thin cloth melted into a rubber sole is not.

To answer the question, Vans Old Schools, junk. How people skate shoes this thin (Era, Janoskis, etc) is beyond me. But Im sure that five years from now, the real skate shoes will be back. I think Kalis said that DC could not give him new shoe because the market demands 70 dollar slip ons so we have to wait. My problem with this is that its is near damn impossible to find a real skate shoe like Accel in shops because idiots want nothing but Vans and even worse Converse. Even Fallen Chiefs are gone. So you stand there like an dumbass and hope to maybe find a fucking Circa 208 I would not touch a couple of years ago. Dark days for us 90s shoe skaters. I cant skate in stupid Chuck Taylors which last two days, flat out refuse.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »
i think fallen has some stuff out like the bomber or rival or one of the ISUCK!-pro models that resemble "old" skateshoes.
i totally understand the "durability"-argument, but if i have to choose a shoe that lasts 3 weeks but gives me great boardfeel, i will choose it over a bulky shoe. maybe in a few years, when my ass is 30 and my feet are ruined, i will realize that i was an idiot. we?ll see.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2011, 05:15:11 AM »
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit. Had ONE pair of Vans and that will never happen again, no fucking support what so ever, hate them. I need something like éS Accel, fat tongue, great shape and thick layer around my feet. Im a skateboarder, not a balett dancer, I need support and a shoe that lasts at least two months. Last shoe, Koston one, lakai remake lasted me five months. Thats a shoe! A fucking thin cloth melted into a rubber sole is not.

To answer the question, Vans Old Schools, junk. How people skate shoes this thin (Era, Janoskis, etc) is beyond me. But Im sure that five years from now, the real skate shoes will be back. I think Kalis said that DC could not give him new shoe because the market demands 70 dollar slip ons so we have to wait. My problem with this is that its is near damn impossible to find a real skate shoe like Accel in shops because idiots want nothing but Vans and even worse Converse. Even Fallen Chiefs are gone. So you stand there like an dumbass and hope to maybe find a fucking Circa 208 I would not touch a couple of years ago. Dark days for us 90s shoe skaters. I cant skate in stupid Chuck Taylors which last two days, flat out refuse.
Dunks, Busenitz, Ronans, Silas, Ecosse, maybe even Mike Mos and some other Lakais if you really need "skaterowned"
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2011, 06:31:14 AM »
I have currently some fallen bomber tony cervantes colorways and they are so bad. In the shop they looked fine but the moment I put them on and stepped on my skateboard I knew something was wrong. The heels were 2 different sizes so one foot just slipped in and out of them and the other foot stayed in fine. One of the pads inside the shoe was to long so it pushed my heel up even higher than I wanted it. everything about it is too slippery and the sides of the shoe are turning blue because im scraping off the badly put on paint on the top.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »
I have currently some fallen bomber tony cervantes colorways and they are so bad. In the shop they looked fine but the moment I put them on and stepped on my skateboard I knew something was wrong. The heels were 2 different sizes so one foot just slipped in and out of them and the other foot stayed in fine. One of the pads inside the shoe was to long so it pushed my heel up even higher than I wanted it. everything about it is too slippery and the sides of the shoe are turning blue because im scraping off the badly put on paint on the top.

are you sure you didnt get a sample-pair maybe? 2 friends of mine skated the bomber, and they liked them a lot. i would try to talk to the guys at the shop, that doesnt sound like a normal pair.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2011, 06:50:55 AM »
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit. Had ONE pair of Vans and that will never happen again, no fucking support what so ever, hate them. I need something like ?S Accel, fat tongue, great shape and thick layer around my feet. Im a skateboarder, not a balett dancer, I need support and a shoe that lasts at least two months. Last shoe, Koston one, lakai remake lasted me five months. Thats a shoe! A fucking thin cloth melted into a rubber sole is not.

Well, Im just gonna turn 22 in two weeks, and started skating in 2002 or sometime around there, but I agree 100%, fuck Vulc and all this stupid Vans trend. I want my Emerica Heretics back.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2011, 07:05:21 AM »
Cant understand people hating on campus vulcs, some of the best shoes i've had.

from what ive heard, they vary alot from pair to pair

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »

Well, Im just gonna turn 22 in two weeks, and started skating in 2002 or sometime around there, but I agree 100%, fuck Vulc and all this stupid Vans trend. I want my Emerica Heretics back.
i had some heretics too, the last good emericas i owned

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit.

To answer the question, Vans Old Schools, junk. How people skate shoes this thin (Era, Janoskis, etc) is beyond me.

Dark days for us 90s shoe skaters. I cant skate in stupid Chuck Taylors which last two days, flat out refuse.

Going as far as to call them "faggot" shoes is just stupid. For what I do, vulc soles work fine and I prefer the better board feel. I guess I just do "faggot" skating...

Era's and Old Schools aren't made to stand up to modern skating, and All Stars aren't made for skating at all, so you're not really making a point.

The feeling you're describing about not being able to find decent skate shoes is exactly what I went through in the late 90's when you couldn't tell a skate shoe from a pair of Reeboks so I understand what you mean, but it's not like there's a huge shortage of cup sole shoes on the market, there's just more of an even mix of cup and vulc than there used to be.

If you guys don't like vulcs then don't buy them, you can still find plenty of other shoe styles.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:44:01 AM by BlackEye77 »

Hannity

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
early emericas with the triangle grip and the eva footbeds that flattened out real quick. and yet for some reason i still bought them.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
The people have spoken.  Vulc is out.  Cup is in. 

Sayonara, shitty ass foot-hurtin' shoes.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
vans versa

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
I love vulc shoes, for the type of skating I do (banks, curbs, bowls, pools,parks etc..) they work perfect, in fact I am skating hi top old schools right now and my last pair of shoes where hi top chuck taylors (non skate). I just put an extra thick insole in, shoe goo the sides and they are good to go. Shoes last me longer then most people because I don't do a lot of flip tricks or big ollies.
If you don't like them they don't skate them, but there is no need for hate speech or name calling, you sound like a fucking dumb ass.
You could do what we did in the 80's during the jump ramp era, we just skated in basketball shoes, you can get plenty of shoes like Adidas Shell Toes to skate in, problem solved.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
I love vulc shoes, for the type of skating I do (banks, curbs, bowls, pools,parks etc..) they work perfect, in fact I am skating hi top old schools right now and my last pair of shoes where hi top chuck taylors (non skate). I just put an extra thick insole in, shoe goo the sides and they are good to go. Shoes last me longer then most people because I don't do a lot of flip tricks or big ollies.
If you don't like them they don't skate them, but there is no need for hate speech or name calling, you sound like a fucking dumb ass.
You could do what we did in the 80's during the jump ramp era, we just skated in basketball shoes, you can get plenty of shoes like Adidas Shell Toes to skate in, problem solved.
this... but right now I've got a pair of silas' adidas shoe. they're good for support and cushioning and what not. I just wanted something different than what I've had lately.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
I just bought the Silas as well. They might not be quite broken in yet, but yesterday I was skating vulcs and the boardfeel was so much better. At the same time, they also hurt my feet more.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Chocolaterain

• awesome
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you sure you didnt get a sample-pair maybe? 2 friends of mine skated the bomber, and they liked them a lot. i would try to talk to the guys at the shop, that doesnt sound like a normal pair.

Yea I would talk to the guys in the shop but im living in china right now (no im not asian im american just moved there for a while) and i couldnt give a shit to pay attention in my chinese classes and so i cant speak chinese and i cant return them... good shop for boards though

Chocolaterain

• awesome
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea I would talk to the guys in the shop but im living in china right now (no im not asian im american just moved there for a while) and i couldnt give a shit to pay attention in my chinese classes and so i cant speak chinese and i cant return them... good shop for boards though
[close]

why would you live in a country where you can't even speak the language?

Cuz im one lazy motherfucker

VictoriousOG

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
I'm really hating the KA-Ones, worst flick ever.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That doesn't answer the man's question.  Why do you live in China?

Chocolaterain

• awesome
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That doesn't answer the man's question.  Why do you live in China?

Oh sorry misunderstood the question, my moms business had her deported and my family thought it would be a great learning expirience for me to go with her so here i am... for another 2 years

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »

These, I could rip the soles out and tear those shoes to shreds. So. Fucking. Shitty.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:02:01 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

FiftyScent

« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit. Had ONE pair of Vans and that will never happen again, no fucking support what so ever, hate them. I need something like ?S Accel, fat tongue, great shape and thick layer around my feet. Im a skateboarder, not a balett dancer, I need support and a shoe that lasts at least two months. Last shoe, Koston one, lakai remake lasted me five months. Thats a shoe! A fucking thin cloth melted into a rubber sole is not.

[close]
Dunks, Busenitz, Ronans, Silas, Ecosse, maybe even Mike Mos and some other Lakais if you really need "skaterowned"

the dunks have one of the best soles in skateboarding, that shit NEVER wears down. the shoe itself is awesome as well, ive had 2 pairs ina row.

i agree with what dude said about vans eras. the only thing that makes it a "skate shoe" is the vulc sole. they have NO heel support, ankle support, and lack durability. you can get some walmart shoes that will skate better.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

These, I could rip the soles out and tear those shoes to shreds. So. Sucking. Shitty.
Why the fuck would you buy these in the first place?

Wh0l3

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »

Reebok Ultra Hi's are a great cupsole to skate in, also Fila's look good.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:05 PM »
Expand Quote

These, I could rip the soles out and tear those shoes to shreds. So. Sucking. Shitty.
[close]
Why the fuck would you buy these in the first place?
My other shoes were blown out and I didn't have much money

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank God there are people hating vulcs here. I thought I was alone who cant skate in thin faggot shoes like Era and than useless shit.

To answer the question, Vans Old Schools, junk. How people skate shoes this thin (Era, Janoskis, etc) is beyond me.

Dark days for us 90s shoe skaters. I cant skate in stupid Chuck Taylors which last two days, flat out refuse.
[close]

Going as far as to call them "faggot" shoes is just stupid. For what I do, vulc soles work fine and I prefer the better board feel. I guess I just do "faggot" skating...

Era's and Old Schools aren't made to stand up to modern skating, and All Stars aren't made for skating at all, so you're not really making a point.

The feeling you're describing about not being able to find decent skate shoes is exactly what I went through in the late 90's when you couldn't tell a skate shoe from a pair of Reeboks so I understand what you mean, but it's not like there's a huge shortage of cup sole shoes on the market, there's just more of an even mix of cup and vulc than there used to be.

If you guys don't like vulcs then don't buy them, you can still find plenty of other shoe styles.

I fucking stated my opinion, about shoes. Why do you feel the need to defend your choice in footwear? I dont understand this place sometimes. And no, this is not about "skaterowned" bullshit. I trully think that the big three aint got shit on "real"skate shoe like Lynx, Accel, Chiefs, Reynolds2, etc.

éS had more amazing models than those giants will ever combined and the boardfeel argument does not apply. The above mentioned models never ever sacrificed one cornerstone quality for another. Again people, dont cry my niggas. It is Slap, not skateboard-city, I can call thin vulcs for faggot shoes, dont enterpret it like an invitation to quote me and write dumb shit like "skaterowned" like I dont understand the underlying smartass "Im-so-over-wannabe-core-pricks" thinking. I am core, I love AWS, backtails and Accels. I dont care much about Alex olson and Real/Nike/Oyola. Dont be Brian Griffin!

Sorry for bitching, I have a sore throat (yes, from cocksucking, yes).

ollienorth

• Rep: 3
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »

they were always the cheapest shoes in the shop, and i was broke. ripped so fast and were awful. never liked vox in general