Author Topic: Worst shoes you ever skated?  (Read 37985 times)

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
Re: Worst shoes you ever skated?
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2023, 09:49:42 AM »

Maybe Emerica Ratio back in the early 00's. In black though.
Bought them cos I thought the ollie pad and the rubber toe would make the shoe last for a long time, but the toe turned out to be synthetic mesh instead so it ripped in just a few sessions. Also the sole was stiff as hell. And they were fucking ugly, even back then.
Never made it through the ollie pad though.

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2023, 03:14:38 PM »

I swear the canvas on the dazes lasted longer then the suede on the easy, both shoes fauxing tape started coming off fully after a few wears. This was like 2014 or so

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2023, 04:45:18 PM »

Maybe Emerica Ratio back in the early 00's. In black though.
Bought them cos I thought the ollie pad and the rubber toe would make the shoe last for a long time, but the toe turned out to be synthetic mesh instead so it ripped in just a few sessions. Also the sole was stiff as hell. And they were fucking ugly, even back then.
Never made it through the ollie pad though.
I had a black pair and I loved them, could have been biased though cuz I loved all vegan emerica shoes at the time (still do)

My answer will always be adidas Stan smith vulcs, couldn’t even make it to the skating portion, just walking in them was literal torture!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 06:42:12 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2023, 06:34:05 PM »
Have you ever had a shoe you just couldn't skate? I have an about 4 year old pair of emerica "The Reynolds". I think it was his last pro model on emerica. The low version of these:

My flip tricks with these shoes feel great and transition skating is ok. But here's the thing, the sole is so thick that I can't do anything precisely. Like I have no idea how to do a precise enough ollie to do tricks on rails, which would usually be no problem. I feel like I'm on plateau shoes.

It's extra weird because I've recently skated the OG eS accels without any problems, but the emericas feel too thick for me. There's zero board feel, possibly because the midsole is kinda hard. Maybe because they're old? I can step on a pebble or crack without feeling it, which is insane to me. I've been skating them for a week now and they're also fully broken in from walking in them for months. So I guess I just have to give up and save them for another time when I'm not trying to skate rails/ledges as much.

They're extremely comfortable though and I really like how they look. Gonna switch to the NB# Foys, which are the exact opposite. Sole feels 1 mm thick.

So these absolutely great shoes that I like a lot, are kinda the worst shoes I've ever skated

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2023, 08:42:18 PM »
Vans made a Huf rip-off a few years back- minimalist, canvas, white rubber toe cap.
It was fucking garbage, and i usually run Vans slip-ons.

So I was reluctant to try the actual Huf with the pointy toe cap, but it actually turned out to be really decent.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2023, 10:01:02 PM »
eS Convex
eS EK-01 - they fucked the shape up
Could not kickflip in Reynolds 2s
Couldn’t break in NB 420’s - wrong size. Anyone wanna buy some 10’s?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2023, 10:41:55 PM »
Vans generally. Board feel is bullshit and they're ugly and floppy real quick. There's a happy medium to be found with nicer looking shoes.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2023, 11:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Huf classic by far
Second worst tony hawk shoe from kohl’s
[close]
Huf classic was sooo bad. The worst outsole ever

Basically any Huf shoe had terrible grip / no boardfeel / fell apart... tried a few times to jump on the cool kid wagon, but that  wouldn't last very long & I'd switch back to vans / Numeric

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2023, 01:52:49 AM »

Had the Vans Ethan Fowler in white leather back in the day and they were absolutely terrible.  Super stiff, never broke in properly, no boardfeel, the grip felt horrible, uncomfortable to wear.  I was skating basically every day back then and was more particular about what shoes I had, for fliptricks especially, and just couldn’t get used to these.  Felt like they were just sliding around on the griptape.  Ended up giving them to one of my friends or throwing them in the trash after a few weeks.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2023, 03:19:55 AM »
Vans era were like skating a chunk of foam with a sliver of shopping bag glued to it. It did none of the skate-shoey stuff well.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2023, 05:16:44 AM »
Vans era were like skating a chunk of foam with a sliver of shopping bag glued to it. It did none of the skate-shoey stuff well.

funny because this is one of my favorite all time shoes but damn that’s accurate

Bill Salt

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2023, 05:23:07 AM »
globe are as wack as the brand's name.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2023, 05:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

funny because this is one of my favorite all time shoes but damn that’s accurate
Gonna also say it's my favourite all time shoe. For me does everything perfect both skate-shoey or otherwise. (Altho will admit I have a big stockpile and haven't really been buying any recently so if there has been some major dip in quality in the last couple years I wouldn't know about it)

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2023, 05:42:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Gonna also say it's my favourite all time shoe. For me does everything perfect both skate-shoey or otherwise. (Altho will admit I have a big stockpile and haven't really been buying any recently so if there has been some major dip in quality in the last couple years I wouldn't know about it)

Backed, but I can see exactly why someone would feel it doesn’t do any of the skate shoe stuff well. That being said, quality is the same as always, only reason I switched to Blazers is because I blow through soles on Vans too fast

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2023, 07:41:20 AM »
if we are talking actual skate shoes... hmmm...

maybe DC Manteca. I actaully didnt evne mind them too bad they just blew out completely through the heel in such a weird way I have never had happen on any other shoe. my heel and insole just completely came through the sole of the shoe going down a 4 set... they skated fine though. I didnt even have them that long though (were given to me 2nd hand and im pretty sure homey only wore them handful of times)

For some reason I loved GLOBE shoes when i started skating. I was skating a fuck ton and practicing kickflips and varial flips all day so im kinda not surprised they blew through so fast, but for how expensive they were they didnt seem to last as well as Emericas or Es. I had the Danny Gonzales, these Brown "Mojos" that were actually kinda dope at the time, and some wierd grey one. after i spent $140 on the Danny Gonzales model and blew them out in like 2 weeks i switched to Emerica and those were aboslute bricks at the time. sure they looked like ass but was perfect for what i wanted to do at the time. Even Adio's lasted longer than those did. after 1 pair of those though i was also over them.
ONTARIO CANADA

Terminal

« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2023, 06:35:32 AM »
Two spring to mind:
Vallely Etnies pro model -super expensive and lasted 10 minutes
Vans pro series model from maybe '96. Can't remember which model they were but fuck they sucked. Didn't buy Vans ever again actually, even to this day.

Honourable mention: Gravis. May as well skate in socks as they offer more protection.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2023, 06:52:51 AM »
Almost forgot… Fallens.
Had two pairs, and they hurt the soles of my feet something terrible, shitty insoles?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2023, 07:18:59 AM »
Fallen Chief Mids - insanely padded even at the time
When Lakai switched up their insole around 2018 it fucked up the fit of all of their shoes IMO. Felt like cramming three aftermarket insoles into a shoe. So those were ass.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rikki

• Rep: 236
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2023, 07:41:34 AM »
Vans generally. Board feel is bullshit and they're ugly and floppy real quick. There's a happy medium to be found with nicer looking shoes.

Agreed. They feel just wrong. Bought a pair of Half Cabs last summer and they feel just fucking heavy with shitty board feel plus my feet sweat like pigs. Also tried on a pair of Skate Lows recently and hated how they felt.

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 21
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2023, 08:10:42 AM »
eS Evant (The Koston 3 Reissue) I didn't get the Koston 3's as a kid, so I was interested in this reissue, even though it had a totally different outsole (and obviously, no airbags in the heel). One of our local rippers had a pair and when he said the outsole was "okay", that was my cue to buy a pair at half price when they moved to the end of season clearance sale.

Disaster purchase. The outsole sucked right out of the box, and what little grip it did have, eroded quickly. Then one of the lowest hidden lace loops BROKE on the outer-facing side of my left shoe (I'm a regular), and since there were no other lacing options, I had to start lacing them from the second lowest set of loops, which made that shoe fit all weird. I was really glad I didn't pay full price for those. They were comfortable though, and got plenty of compliments, but could not handle skateboarding, or at least my shitty version of what I call skateboarding.

Also, the Vans Rowley Rapidweld. I was truly disappointed at how quickly those fell apart, especially considering how Geoff Rowley has always been one of the toughest skaters out there. I fell for the waffle's marketing there.
RIP Ben Raemers

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2023, 10:40:51 AM »
When I got back in to skating regularly over the pandemic I was feeling nostalgic and bought a pair of éS accel ogs navy blue n I think I got a hot pocket every single session in them - grew up skating the bulkiest shoes ever but now it seems impossible to feel comfortable in them - mind u I got some dc lynx around same time and those felt great/ never hurt ankle on a roll away
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2023, 10:42:31 AM »
Worst shoe I ever skated was some Emerica high tops, I believe they were called indicator? They hurt my feet just walking in them. I’ve had some emerica shoes that were great though, idk why these were so bad.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 35
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2023, 11:14:39 AM »
adidas nortons. no idea how the reissues skated but the og 90's version fucking sucked. i liked how they looked but they had terrible grip and were ankle rolling machines
image free upload.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
Nike Air Classic SB

Rock hard sole (sounded like dress shoes in a high school hallway) and the tongue was horrible. Part of it is the shape of my feet, but puffy tongues will shift (tongue straps or not) on my right foot so much that it’s distracting. I had forgotten about that feeling until trying some Lynx Zero recently.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2023, 12:58:59 PM »
Huf Ramondetta’s.. those shoes weren’t made for people with actual feet.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2023, 12:59:47 PM »
adidas nortons. no idea how the reissues skated but the og 90's version fucking sucked. i liked how they looked but they had terrible grip and were ankle rolling machines
image free upload.

I had these in the early 90’s can’t remember if they sucked or not. It’s all a blur.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2023, 01:06:37 PM »
I think they look sick but the vans Elijah Beatles hurt my toes SO bad. Side by side they look soooo much like the sk8 lows but somehow don’t feel like them at all

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2023, 02:10:41 PM »
Dekline Mason's I bought in like 2013. They felt great for a day or two, then blew out harder and faster than any pair of vans I've ever owned.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2023, 02:57:33 PM »
Vans old schools. It's crazy people skate those

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2023, 03:17:23 PM »
I had a pair of VANS Chimas about 5 years ago. They were absolutely shit. I've never worn any shoe out so quick. I've had Dunlop Volleys that I worked in that skated better and lasted longer - was genuinely shocked - must've been a quality control situation or something 'cause they were weirdly bad.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice