Author Topic: Worst shoes you ever skated?  (Read 38008 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
Re: Worst shoes you ever skated?
« Reply #240 on: April 09, 2023, 04:00:36 PM »
Have you ever had a shoe you just couldn't skate? I have an about 4 year old pair of emerica "The Reynolds". I think it was his last pro model on emerica. The low version of these:

My flip tricks with these shoes feel great and transition skating is ok. But here's the thing, the sole is so thick that I can't do anything precisely. Like I have no idea how to do a precise enough ollie to do tricks on rails, which would usually be no problem. I feel like I'm on plateau shoes.

It's extra weird because I've recently skated the OG eS accels without any problems, but the emericas feel too thick for me. There's zero board feel, possibly because the midsole is kinda hard. Maybe because they're old? I can step on a pebble or crack without feeling it, which is insane to me. I've been skating them for a week now and they're also fully broken in from walking in them for months. So I guess I just have to give up and save them for another time when I'm not trying to skate rails/ledges as much.

They're extremely comfortable though and I really like how they look. Gonna switch to the NB# Foys, which are the exact opposite. Sole feels 1 mm thick.

So these absolutely great shoes that I like a lot, are kinda the worst shoes I've ever skated

I wish I could buy these today. Now.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #241 on: April 09, 2023, 06:13:04 PM »
d3 #1 or whatever. I saw it I was like BLAM! Ugly i must have it. Was my 21st birthday 1999. I went straight to Copley did some 50s both ways probably. It was fine i remember being ok with the shoe choice. Was coming off some BoBos from the eccf. I was with my mom and my youngest brothers that day. I split and I chose to stop and jump down the lil set. Boom heel bruise. I was rocking those things for like 2-3 months. The Air bubble was def a lie.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RodneyMcMuncher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2023, 11:06:22 PM »
I am bored of getting holes near my little toe so decided, against my better judgement, to try the Nyjah 3 and pettily black out the name. May as well be wearing Wellington boots that have metal plates in. But the kicker was the bottom of the toe box is cut away so I pretty much miss every other flip trick.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2023, 11:14:13 PM »
Nike Air Classic SB

Rock hard sole (sounded like dress shoes in a high school hallway) and the tongue was horrible. Part of it is the shape of my feet, but puffy tongues will shift (tongue straps or not) on my right foot so much that it’s distracting. I had forgotten about that feeling until trying some Lynx Zero recently.

The later models with a smaller tongue were soooooo much better. I have an OG pair from 04 in my closet. The tongue is RIDICULOUSLY fat

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2023, 11:35:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Have you ever had a shoe you just couldn't skate? I have an about 4 year old pair of emerica "The Reynolds". I think it was his last pro model on emerica. The low version of these:

My flip tricks with these shoes feel great and transition skating is ok. But here's the thing, the sole is so thick that I can't do anything precisely. Like I have no idea how to do a precise enough ollie to do tricks on rails, which would usually be no problem. I feel like I'm on plateau shoes.

It's extra weird because I've recently skated the OG eS accels without any problems, but the emericas feel too thick for me. There's zero board feel, possibly because the midsole is kinda hard. Maybe because they're old? I can step on a pebble or crack without feeling it, which is insane to me. I've been skating them for a week now and they're also fully broken in from walking in them for months. So I guess I just have to give up and save them for another time when I'm not trying to skate rails/ledges as much.

They're extremely comfortable though and I really like how they look. Gonna switch to the NB# Foys, which are the exact opposite. Sole feels 1 mm thick.

So these absolutely great shoes that I like a lot, are kinda the worst shoes I've ever skated
[close]

These shoes were some of the best made! Sucks they didnt work for ya @goodatmeth because of that lack of precision. That exact feeling is something people either love or hate about quality cupsoles, especially SoleTech. I love it personally because I hate having too much control/feel (Vans soles for example) and rather have some forgiveness in precision for comfort/protection.

Reynolds G6 that came out in 2017 (I think) were his last model on Emerica.
Super Champion Fun Zone

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2023, 11:41:03 PM »
Fair warning that this may be controversial.

Vans AVE Pro (and every other Vans shoe in the last 20 years)
Although the suede is indestructible, I blew a hole through the mesh in less than an hour. It has no support or cushioning whatsoever, and is just an uncomfortable, flabby mess of a shoe. All Vans are utterly unskateable.

Adidas Puig (and every other popular model I've tried)
Same as the AVE, but even more uncomfortable. There's always a hard seam right behind the toes that digs into your foot. All Adidas manage to be hard/stiff feeling, but somehow still don't offer any support or cushioning. The Puig looks like the perfect shoe for me, but my word did they fuck it up.

Nike Koston 3 Hyperfeel (the sock shoe)
Garbage. They squeezed my feet in all the wrong places. The sock liner was supposed offer extra stability, but I felt like I was gonna roll my ankle just pulling up to the spot.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for chunky, thick and super supportive shoes. The 1010 for instance is too thicc for me. The beforementioned shoes simply suck my taint, and you're simply just wrong if you disagree. You'd be better off tying a vulc sole to your feet with some shoe string.

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2023, 11:42:28 PM »
Mark Appleyard’s 3rd shoe on Circa. I think it was his 3rd at least? Not sure what number. Came with a rubber keychain that said,”I Love Skateboarding”

The soles went bald in just a few days and the shoe itself lost its shape within a week. Pretty sure that shoe fueled my Accel obsession.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2023, 02:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Nike Air Classic SB

Rock hard sole (sounded like dress shoes in a high school hallway) and the tongue was horrible. Part of it is the shape of my feet, but puffy tongues will shift (tongue straps or not) on my right foot so much that it’s distracting. I had forgotten about that feeling until trying some Lynx Zero recently.
[close]

The later models with a smaller tongue were soooooo much better. I have an OG pair from 04 in my closet. The tongue is RIDICULOUSLY fat
These were really popular back when they came out but I don't know anyone who didn't cut the back of the tongue and pull all the foam out. Funny now people still talk about sb needing fat tongues when absolutely everybody hated them at the time.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2023, 10:19:02 AM »
Vans old schools. It's crazy people skate those

I was boutta say this. they last like a month TOPS, and get so so so soggy super quick

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2023, 10:22:46 AM »
When I got back in to skating regularly over the pandemic I was feeling nostalgic and bought a pair of éS accel ogs navy blue n I think I got a hot pocket every single session in them - grew up skating the bulkiest shoes ever but now it seems impossible to feel comfortable in them - mind u I got some dc lynx around same time and those felt great/ never hurt ankle on a roll away

you're trippin man accel ogs are so comfy and supportive

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2023, 10:26:41 AM »
Fair warning that this may be controversial.

Vans AVE Pro (and every other Vans shoe in the last 20 years)
Although the suede is indestructible, I blew a hole through the mesh in less than an hour. It has no support or cushioning whatsoever, and is just an uncomfortable, flabby mess of a shoe. All Vans are utterly unskateable.

I hated the AVE Pro. Way too tight. Mesh was ripping super fast. It felt like had climbing shoes on my feet.
Never again

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 90
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2023, 12:48:31 PM »
Any shoe that’s not flexible enough.

DanRar009

• Rep: 38
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2023, 06:08:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Air Classic SB

[close]

I actually miss this shoe terribly lol loved the puffy tongue and everything. I know it’d never happen but I would stock up on these if Nike for some reason brought this model back

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2023, 07:32:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Vans old schools. It's crazy people skate those
[close]

I was boutta say this. they last like a month TOPS, and get so so so soggy super quick

lol are there any shoes out that last longer than that and aren't puffy ass 90's shoes like accels, lynx or globe ctiv?

if you're talking about the classic vans old skools then yeah they don't last for shit but the skate old skools are good, even the canvas is kinda strong on them.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

montanaco

• Rep: -3
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2023, 08:11:57 AM »
Off the top of my head the P-Rod 8, Omar Salazar SB, and DC Swift S. Swift S had the entire sole made of Unilite foam so there was no grip, and I remember tightening my shoe the entire tongue ripped off lmao.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2023, 03:21:10 AM »
Vans Kyle Walker Pro.
Why would you design a shoe with a stitching on the innerside of heel area? Gave me the worst blisters I ever had. They rott in my garage now.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2023, 11:55:13 AM »
Feels like my ksl g6s wanna sprain my ankle whenever I wear them... They're blursed. Im sorry spanly

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2023, 03:41:11 PM »
Worst shoes were the Etnies RVM, sucked ass in every facet. Too soft, broke down way too fast, flimsy upper, terrible mid-sole support.

Idk what it is but I actually like Vans. I know they don't last particularly long, but I haven't found anything that works for an alternative. I randomly found a pair of the Wes Kremer DC's that were actually fire. Wish I could get those again.

I recently tried the GT Blazers but they didn't fit my arches right and made feet actively ache. I never thought much about how my shoes fit until I put those on. Had a whole madness episode about it. Liked the shoes a ton, couldn't make em work.

I asked in the "longest lasting sole" thread, but what shoe is similar to Vans Rowan overall feel/construction but that lasts longer and doesn't get "soggy" very easily?

ALSO has anyone tried Hours is Yours? Those new G-Code re-makes look rad af.

Terminal

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2023, 11:25:54 PM »
Given the amount of criticism across brands, particularly a couple, it beggars the question are there more shitty skate shoes peppered through history than good?

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2023, 08:27:32 PM »
Vox Hewitt Pro, the rubber on the soles felt like pencil erasers

The Gilbert Crockett pro shoe, felt like if I had a more narrow arch, they could be good, but I never got used to them

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2023, 11:02:25 AM »
Mark Appleyard’s 3rd shoe on Circa. I think it was his 3rd at least? Not sure what number. Came with a rubber keychain that said,”I Love Skateboarding”

The soles went bald in just a few days and the shoe itself lost its shape within a week. Pretty sure that shoe fueled my Accel obsession.

MA207, loved that shoe, right before his move to globe
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2023, 01:37:23 PM »
I-Path Grasshoppers
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2023, 05:56:04 PM »
adidas nortons. no idea how the reissues skated but the og 90's version fucking sucked. i liked how they looked but they had terrible grip and were ankle rolling machines
image free upload.

These in the all white with black or blue stripes were the shit!!! Welcome to Melbourne 1997. Ben Harris 🙌🙌

dunc

• Rep: 49
« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2023, 07:07:56 PM »
Vans Carroll.  Gum boots!
Vans Agah. Floppy heel!
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 82
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2023, 10:46:58 PM »
Simple and some Globe show in the early 00s that had double air pockets, they were so stiff and bulky
Cocteau Twins

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2023, 12:52:19 AM »
Expand Quote
adidas nortons. no idea how the reissues skated but the og 90's version fucking sucked. i liked how they looked but they had terrible grip and were ankle rolling machines
image free upload.
[close]

These in the all white with black or blue stripes were the shit!!! Welcome to Melbourne 1997. Ben Harris 🙌🙌
every single Sydney city skater too!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2023, 01:31:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@ok I have two pairs on the Reynolds G6 low tops on ice in size 10.5
DM me if you're interested

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2023, 02:03:59 AM »
I skated some Emerica Leo Romero's in 2014 and they sucked so bad. The bottom wore out so fast.

I think the gt blazer lows suck too in terms of durability.

I've recently been skating half cabs and Crockett Hi's and think they rule so hard. Might try the Blackout Louie Lopez Cons next cause I'm bored of vans.