Author Topic: help fixing an mk1  (Read 940 times)

anblue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
help fixing an mk1
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
so a while ago i basically focused my mk1 on accident, dropped it on some harsh pavement looked like it took a mini shotgun blast, i used some super fine grain sandpaper to get all the scratches out but that process took off the polished coating on the lens. ive read a couple things about how toothpaste, which is actually slowly working, and other remedies can be used and was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and found a good solution
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: help fixing an mk1
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »
my experience with scratched lenses is: dont do it yourself. you will destroy more than you will repair. let a professional have a look at it, if he says "its fucked", you can try stuff you find on the internet..

sorry to hear that though.

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
Re: help fixing an mk1
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
definitely have had a couple of destroyed lenses in my lifetime. i've found that anything on the internet (for example, sharpie-ing the scratches, then applying nail polish remover, and then rubbing alcohol) tends to not do anything.

your best bet would be to estimate how much you could sell the scratched element for and purchase a new or used one.