Author Topic: Indoor/covered skating in NYC that's easy & cheap to get to for a n00b in Man.?  (Read 896 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
In February I'm going to a conference and staying in Manhattan... I'm guessing cold weather that's alien to me, as well as snow or slush? I've only been once before, but it was summer and only skated the Banks since it was a me and the missus tourist trip.

Any places that skaters go hit when the weather is too bad to just skate outside in the open? Mainly I don't want to rent a car for the days I'm up, and want to try to keep transportation fees down... I'll hit any part of NY, just don't want to wind up paying a cab a shit ton of money for a park or covered street session.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
Not in Manhattan, but BQE is covered and it's in Brooklyn. http://quartersnacks.com/spots/brooklyn/bushwick-greenpoint-williamsburg/b-q-e-lot/

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Thanks man! Got PM'd about some other areas too... hyped! Skating and eating is all I really do outside of the conferences & I didn't want to be stuck in the hotel! I appreciate it!