Author Topic: Real Low Pro  (Read 10571 times)

joedv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Real Low Pro
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
Supposedly a new technology Real is making tested only so far for specific skateshops and their riders.

Anyone got any info on these yet?
Carter, it is fucking friday, the fucking tenth

NegativeCreep

Re: Real Low Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
sounds interesting, could it have anything to do with this?

http://medicineagency.com/did-we-find-the-new-real-pro-deck-prototype/

Harem

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
No, since that article is from April 2010.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
yes, but Real hasn't released anything new as far as deck tech since then. looks like berrics has one and is going to do a review.

http://theberrics.com/news/custom-low-pro-decks-revealed.html

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
This must be some top secret next level shit.

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »
Companies try new things all the time; shapes, glues, whatever, and Real has regularly put out interesting skate "technologies" without getting too cheesy about it (Reazy-C being a perfect recent example). Some work, some don't, but if LowPro is worthy then you'll surely see it stamped on their decks soon enough.

Don't expect feedback though, anyone who has been allowed to try one has essentially sworn to secrecy about their experience with it, similar to an NDA when working in software, film, or any industry where an info leak can blur the lines of fair competition. If anyone who has tried a prototype posts on here that they love, like, hate, or provide any other such functional feedback, then they would be doing a serious disservice to DLX, so I wouldn't expect any qualitative feedback yet. If anyone does break the secrecy agreement, they deserve to be dragged into an alley and handled appropriately.

That being said, Real isn't known to release sub-par products. I have heard that their renewal decks aren't as good as their primary full-priced lines, but I've never tried a renewal so don't know myself. Point being, DLX knows their shit so if they move forward with it there's a reason for doing so.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:41:23 PM by BlackEye77 »

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
i dont know anything more then anyone. i was just figuring it was an improvment in someway on the easy-c thing.
a bunch of kids have been asking me if i have a more mellow concanve available. so thats probably something that is in right now?
so its low, cause its mellow, and its pro, cause it would be on pro named boards?
just my guess.. probably overthinking it.

BlackEye77

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »
i dont know anything more then anyone. i was just figuring it was an improvment in someway on the easy-c thing.
a bunch of kids have been asking me if i have a more mellow concanve available. so thats probably something that is in right now?
so its low, cause its mellow, and its pro, cause it would be on pro named boards?
just my guess.. probably overthinking it.

I don't get the point of super mellow concave. It doesn't had to be insanely deep but I like to feel the concave when I'm riding.

I understand the Reazy-C because Real kind of had a rep for lots of concave, so they can satisfy both markets by having mellow and regular.

Anyone ever try the Consolidate "Black" concave when it was around? The boards were kind of weird looking because you could see concave on the nose and tail, but during my all-tranny-all-the-time phase I had a couple of those and loved them.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:19:05 PM »
This must be some top secret next level shit.
definitely some next level shit

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
fuckin magnets

NegativeCreep

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »
Re: those top secret Real decks
Posted by: daykarerob (76.234.145.---)
Date: November 16, 2011 04:09PM

the new shape is got some camber to it like a snowboard. like the nose and tail would touch first if it's on the ground. I've got some coming. we'll see. apparently the teams been riding them for months so they have been tested.

from the dlx forum

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »
Re: those top secret Real decks
Posted by: daykarerob (76.234.145.---)
Date: November 16, 2011 04:09PM

the new shape is got some camber to it like a snowboard. like the nose and tail would touch first if it's on the ground. I've got some coming. we'll see. apparently the teams been riding them for months so they have been tested.

from the dlx forum
Is this supposed to make you pop higher since the nose and tail will be lower to the ground? I'm just wondering if that will make them more prone to breakage. it could be cool if it works like that though.

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
thats like saying low trucks make you ollie higher.... no....
it all about how these curves and bends in the board provide a more rigid surface to pop off of.
this seems like the reverse of that thing they did a little bit ago... uhhh... fuck.... OH! rebound construction. thats it, i think...

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
My local's got theirs too

Soul Doubt

• Rep: -10
  • DAYUUUM
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
My local's got theirs too

Hell Yea. Metro!

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
The Pro Line of Low Pros have been out for a bit at Socal Skateshop.

BlackEye77

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »
The Pro Line of Low Pros have been out for a bit at Socal Skateshop.

That's pretty strange that those are for sale, anyone seen them anywhere else? Maybe the new ones are the "Lower" Pro... :p

My last deck was a test model, looked just like the Hardy Low Pro that's on the SoCal shop site, but it was definitely not an 8.5" board. More in the 8.06-8.18 range. Can't/won't say what I thought about skating it I will say that this talk about "camber like a snowboard" and uber flex... well they will be widely available soon enough so you'll see that when you grab it off of a shop wall nothing feels drastically abnormal about them to that degree. Whatever Real has done here isn't some kind of cheap gimmick. When you skate it... well, it's a DLX deck so you really have nothing to lose by trying it for yourself to see what you think.

muk_mb

• Rep: -2
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »
No one's posted this yet? Alll kinds of info from Real: http://www.realskateboards.com/lowpro/

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 01:10:41 AM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 01:18:05 AM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 02:35:37 AM »

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »

That's so crazy he nose mannied on that hubba. I imagine it would be hard to stay balanced up there.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That graphic almost made me jizz.
Loving the tiedye! I'd make that my first Real if they release it to the public.

FiftyScent

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »
they look interesting im waiting for a review or some shit so i can learn more about the technology. as far as im concerned there isnt anything out there thats gonna beat the P2 tech, but i still wanna find out what this is all about

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »
they look interesting im waiting for a review or some shit so i can learn more about the technology. as far as im concerned there isnt anything out there thats gonna beat the P2 tech, but i still wanna find out what this is all about

That P2 shit, in my opinion, is horrible. It never feels like your board is broken in. I like the feel of a board that's been in my trunk for a week or so, when it's not all brittle. Makes me feel like I can do any trick I'd want to.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

FiftyScent

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That P2 shit, in my opinion, is horrible. It never feels like your board is broken in. I like the feel of a board that's been in my trunk for a week or so, when it's not all brittle. Makes me feel like I can do any trick I'd want to.

did you actually own on or just tried out a friends or something? when i first got mine it took about an hour or 2 to get used to such a lightweight deck, but after that it was probably the best board ive ever ridden. shit was light as hell, strong, and it maintained its stiffness for weeks. it literally felt brand new after 7-8 sessions. theres alot of gimmicks in deck construction but to me p2's feel like an actual improvement on regular boards. this low-pro shit looks aiiight i might have to try em out if i see em at my shop. i fucks with real & they know what they're doing so hopefully these boards will be dope.

BlackEye77

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That graphic almost made me jizz.
[close]
Loving the tiedye! I'd make that my first Real if they release it to the public.

It's on their website as one of the upcoming models, but it's noted as an 8.5".

Mine (pictured below when new) is more like 8.06 and 8.18. I didn't like the graphic at first, it was bright and I don't dig tye-dye, but it grew on me. It's not quite so pretty now.

This is the first complete I built out of all new parts (bearings were a week old) in many years, I usually switch things out as needed but the timing just came together on this.

I've been switching out between Street Burners and Park Burners depending on what I plan to skate, but one thing about my current set-up that I'm super stoked on is SwissFire bearings. I usually ride Spitfire Burners and swear by their bearings, but I scored a new set of SwissFires for almost nothing and they have to be the smoothest bearings I've ever had, hands down. Also fast as shit right from the package with no additional lube, and completely quiet. I very highly recommend SwissFire bearings if anyone wants to go up to the higher-end stuff, w/o going over the top and spending a small fortune on Bones Swiss Ceramics or something.

As far as the board and Low Pro, nobody has anything to lose by buying one, that's all I'm saying right now.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
How much more do Low Pros cost than regular decks?

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 08:33:25 PM »
so how does it compare to a helium board??????????