Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 928230 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #10620 on: April 12, 2024, 12:26:05 AM »
Back on the subject of Dune - is it common knowledge that there’s a Bene Gessert prequelly series coming out this Fall on Max?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #10621 on: April 12, 2024, 04:07:53 AM »
Back on the subject of Dune - is it common knowledge that there’s a Bene Gessert prequelly series coming out this Fall on Max?

For me that was not the case so thank you very much!

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #10622 on: April 12, 2024, 02:56:29 PM »
only watching this shit if rebecca ferguson is in it

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10623 on: April 12, 2024, 04:39:55 PM »
only watching this shit if rebecca ferguson is in it

Guess you aren’t watching it - it’s about the start of the BG I believe, so many years before anyone in the movies exists

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10466872/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #10624 on: April 15, 2024, 11:12:29 PM »
Civil War. Watch it in XD. Sound was incredible.

Was never into anime. Came from a time when it was japanimation. Watched Spirited Away with my 10 year old over the weekend; loved it. He said it was one of the best movies he’d ever seen.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #10625 on: Today at 12:28:48 AM »
Just watched "The Raid: Redemption" and "The Raid 2" back to back on the big screen. Great flicks. Always loved the first one (saw it twice when it first came out) and I had tried to watch "The Raid 2" on DVD a couple of times but couldn't follow it. But, holy shit, those final fight scenes  are out of this world. Reminded me a bit of "Hostel: Part 2" how it went into the minutiae and world-building. Shit got me pretty hyped.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10626 on: Today at 02:52:00 AM »
Just watched "The Raid: Redemption" and "The Raid 2" back to back on the big screen. Great flicks. Always loved the first one (saw it twice when it first came out) and I had tried to watch "The Raid 2" on DVD a couple of times but couldn't follow it. But, holy shit, those final fight scenes  are out of this world. Reminded me a bit of "Hostel: Part 2" how it went into the minutiae and world-building. Shit got me pretty hyped.

Raid 2 was always more my shit because I loved the variety and the fact that during the car chase scene they had camera ops in cars disguised as car seats to mask their transition

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #10627 on: Today at 08:02:43 AM »
The Sweet East just blew my mind.

Watched another Jim Jarmusch movie, Down by Law and now I'm super curious to see more of his stuff.  This one was super cool with Tom Waits starring and also doing the music, on Criterion too

One of my all timers. The Tom Waits scene where he's doing the radio host monologue in the prison is so good. I highly recommend Midnight Train !

His first film is a bit of a harder watch but basically everything else he's done is gold.