Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383053 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #810 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:17 PM »
I just finished Broadchurch and i hope theres a season 3. It has the dude who played the villain in Jessica Jones. Its up there with The Killing as one of the best crime shows

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #811 on: June 14, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »

new show, looks pretty good.  and winona ryder is in it.  WINONA RYDER IS IN IT. 

Stranger Things - Trailer 1 - Netflix [HD]

Glad to see 80's Spielberg is directing again

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #812 on: June 14, 2016, 10:58:46 PM »
I just finished Broadchurch and i hope theres a season 3. It has the dude who played the villain in Jessica Jones. Its up there with The Killing as one of the best crime shows

only seen up to season 3 of the killing (the American version) and it was pretty hit and miss. How season 3 ended was straight up ass. But there was some really, really good writing. Is Seattle always that wet and shitty? Good place to film a crime show.

Makes me fucking smoke twice as much as I normally do though haha.

Jessica jones was kinda rad. Started off so good.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not trying to go back through this whole thread to see if it's been brought up but has anyone seen Letterkenny, it looks awesome and I want to start watching it

Letterkenny - Cold Open

Letterkenny - The skateboard trick

[close]
No it hasn't been brought up because the title of this thread says "on Netflix". And yes it does look awesome and I was looking forward to watching it till I discovered it isn't "on Netflix".Thanks for nothing...
[close]

Have a kook to feel better about it  :-*
Well I guess you showed me kooky kookenstein
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2016, 06:13:49 PM »
DID ANYONE ELSE IS STRANGER THINGS?????

Fuck that show is so goddam good. I think this may be the best netflix original, that or Narcos (which the new season comes out i think in a month or two)

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »

Fuck that show is so goddam good. I think this may be the best netflix original, that or Narcos (which the new season comes out i think in a month or two)

Dude yes! I watched it in 2 nights and now Im stuck waiting for a year. There are a million good things to say about it.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
I finished Stranger Things in like 2-3 days. It combined so many great things in so many great ways. Season 2 is already a go.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2016, 11:20:09 PM »
No joke.....pretty sure I've seen that Mike kid at the skatepark, and riding his bike around with his skateboard on his back......I'm sure slap would appreciate the awkward coloured grip tape phase he appears to be going through....

From what I remember seems like a good kid.....

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #818 on: August 06, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude yes! I watched it in 2 nights and now Im stuck waiting for a year. There are a million good things to say about it.

That show was straight up amazing.  Really, really well done.  Winona Ryder did a great job with her performance as well.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #819 on: August 07, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »
So there is a season 2 of stranger things coming!?!?

It kinda ended like there wasn't gonna be. Except for the bathroom scene just at the end.

Show was 10/10 anyway.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #820 on: August 07, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »

It kinda ended like there wasn't gonna be. Except for the bathroom scene just at the end.

Show was 10/10 anyway.

fur sure

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Ross Duffer: We love the idea that [the Upside Down] is an environment that is not a great place for a human being to be living in. Will's been there for an entire week, and it's had some kind of effect on him, both emotionally and perhaps physically. The idea is he's escaped this nightmare place, but has he really? That's a place we wanted to go and potentially explore in season two. What effect does living in there for a week have on him? And what has been done to him? It's not good, obviously.

How does Will communicate through the Christmas lights? Even if they showed up when Reality Bites put them up, it's not like touching or willing should have such an effect on our side.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #821 on: August 11, 2016, 04:58:50 AM »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #822 on: September 03, 2016, 09:31:04 AM »
Just finished Stranger Things... goddamn what a fantastic show.  We blew through it so quickly, it's left us with some sort of void where we don't want to start another show... like how do you follow that up?  Cannot wait for another season... and Winona, be still my heart, I am still madly in love with you. 

Not a Netflix show, but I just started watching this:

Awesome Italian TV show about the Comorra (mafia), based on the amazing movie (and book) with the same name.  Kind of like the Italian version of The Wire, it's a far more street/gritty/violent aka realistic version of the mob than Hollywood type of stuff like the Sopranos or Godfather.  It's a bit more 'action movie' than the movie, but still disturbing and doesn't glorify at all. 

And if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend you do so.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #823 on: September 03, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
Narcos season 2

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #824 on: September 03, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
Narcos season 2

Crazy to think there will more likely be a 3rd season without Pablo and it will be about the Cali Cartel. Which is cool because Murphy and Pena are great characters and all But Pablo always steals the show. I wonder if they are going to do an episode on the killing of Andres Escobar which happened after Pablo died, i saw they teased it in the 1st or 2nd episode of season 2. That was a crazy fucked up story.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #825 on: September 03, 2016, 11:36:49 AM »
binged Narcos S2 in one sitting
Shit was dope...dont know if id be interested in S3 tbh w.o PB

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #826 on: September 03, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
Been watching Bojack Horseman. It's funny, and it gets very sad after some episodes. Also, I knew Bojack's voice was familiar... Pretty Sweet was a kookfest.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #827 on: September 14, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
Not netflix, but I just finished the first season of Transparent on amazon prime in 3 days. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but I recommend it 100%. best series ive watched in a while.

Transparent - Episode 1 (Full Episode) | Amazon Original Series

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #828 on: September 16, 2016, 02:13:33 PM »
They just put up Saving Private Ryan and No Country For Old Men.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: September 16, 2016, 03:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Show was 10/10 anyway.
[close]

fur sure

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Ross Duffer: We love the idea that [the Upside Down] is an environment that is not a great place for a human being to be living in. Will's been there for an entire week, and it's had some kind of effect on him, both emotionally and perhaps physically. The idea is he's escaped this nightmare place, but has he really? That's a place we wanted to go and potentially explore in season two. What effect does living in there for a week have on him? And what has been done to him? It's not good, obviously.

How does Will communicate through the Christmas lights? Even if they showed up when Reality Bites put them up, it's not like touching or willing should have such an effect on our side.

Big possibility that Eleven isn't going to be in Season 2 :'(

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #830 on: September 16, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Show was 10/10 anyway.
[close]

fur sure

[close]

Bruh, did you not see the police chief leaving waffles in a box in the woods? I felt like that was pretty telling she's going to be around somehow.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Show was 10/10 anyway.
[close]

fur sure

[close]

[close]

Bruh, did you not see the police chief leaving waffles in a box in the woods? I felt like that was pretty telling she's going to be around somehow.

http://www.ibtimes.com/stranger-things-season-2-spoilers-will-eleven-return-next-season-creators-dish-plot-2410615
They didn?t confirm whether Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), who may have died in the final episode after incinerating the Demogorgon, would be back next season Ross only said that her return is still ?up in the air.? But the brothers did share that they will be adding four new characters, who would bring ?a lot of new and interesting dynamics that we didn?t see in Season 1,? according to Matt

shark tits

« Reply #832 on: September 20, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
I, madman is a great thriller w/ a literary bent. The protagonist has that slurry librarian style.
Falling for you  w/ Jennie garth & colt 45s own billy dee williams was good too.
Just watched poison ivy w/ drew Barrymore  (creepy slut) & darling from roseanne. I now see why dirty old men were into drew fore she got all pg Adam sandler

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #833 on: September 20, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »
Anybody else obsessed with longmire? We just renewed our sub to Netflix and discovered it kept going. We started watching it on A&E when I came out but fell off when we heard season two was supposed to be the last one. We are a few episodes away from finishing season 2 atm.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Global Moderator

« Reply #834 on: September 20, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
ARQ is dope... It's fast paced and interesting low budget Sci-Fi. Not super original, but very enjoyable to watch.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #835 on: September 20, 2016, 10:42:47 PM »
I, madman is a great thriller w/ a literary bent. The protagonist has that slurry librarian style.

Whaattt I loved that movie as a kid I think I remember it sucking shit but I still love it

shark tits

« Reply #836 on: September 22, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Whaattt I loved that movie as a kid I think I remember it sucking shit but I still love it
Sucks shit? Get outta town, man. Also, if anyone is into neo noir, a real who done it, murder of a cat had me on the edge of my seat.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:12:15 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #837 on: September 22, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »
Anybody else obsessed with longmire? We just renewed our sub to Netflix and discovered it kept going. We started watching it on A&E when I came out but fell off when we heard season two was supposed to be the last one. We are a few episodes away from finishing season 2 atm.

Yea the bear episode got me hooked

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »
supermensch is an awesome doc

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #839 on: September 30, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
Been binge watching Gotham season 2 the past 3 days, its just as good as the first season. The kid who plays the joker (hes also in the show Shameless) is fucking fantastic.

I tried watching that new netflix show "easy" but doesn't seem all that interesting.

Also Luke Cage just came out today, watching that after Gotham