Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383112 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #930 on: January 16, 2017, 01:12:02 PM »
tried to watch Maron season 4, but had to turn it off half way through.  this season sucks; way too whiny and that's saying a lot.  maybe I'll go back and finish it someday. 

Nooo...I've been waiting for this last season too, season 3 ended so good

Marons whining is actually why i like the show

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #931 on: January 16, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
I listen to Maron because of his guests but I think he's kinda a hack....and while it's accurate but it's annoying that in they have writers who can write better shit for him to say....but he's always the weakest character in every scene....

There's been a ton of whiny comedians that are funny......

I watch 'please like me' right now it's ok....

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #932 on: January 17, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »
I had the idea for The Young Pope mad long ago but mine was a slapstick comedy starring Macaulay Culkin

Can of Soup

« Reply #933 on: January 17, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »
Nobel was pretty good. Just finished it.

Just finished it tonight, really enjoyed it. Only really knew Aksel Hennie as the chemist from Interstellar before this.
Hoping if Pekkaaa does more copies of Firetre he'll have an option to bundle it with a bag of Bamsemums.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #934 on: January 18, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
Got a new laptop and been trying to watch some movies in bed before I go to sleep. Over the last week I watched Cheap Thrills, The Babadook, and In Order of Disappearance.

None blew my mind, but as someone said, Cheap Thrills is entertaining if you're bored. Also funny to see Preston from Cant Hardly Wait playing a tough guy role.

The Babadook was pretty interesting. I thought the kid actor did a great job. I'm a big ol wuss when it comes to scary movies and everyone told me how creepy The Babadook is, but for some reason it didn't seem too scary. I did get the literal chills at one scene though.

In Order of Disappearance is a revenge thriller based in some Norweigan country. It has its flaws but also very entertaining. It's got a dark humor aspect to it. The final 30 seconds has one of the more random things I've seen in a movie and it made me die laughing. I won't say what it is, but hopefully someone has seen it. And on a fun fact side note, Liam Neeson liked this movie so much, he's doing a remake coming out in 2018.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #935 on: January 19, 2017, 06:31:58 AM »
watched the first episode of Maron ...i thought it was funny, i dont take it that seriously so it entertained me.

Neal Brennans 3 mics just got added to Netflix and its pretty funny too

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #936 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »

Doesn't come out for a few weeks but if you're an internet genius like me you can find it out there

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #937 on: January 26, 2017, 07:59:36 AM »
This new netflix original is pretty decent, its called chewing gum. Its a British comedy

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #938 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »
The mom is the funniest.....

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #939 on: January 26, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
Just started "A Series of Unfortunate Events"...I have no idea why... ;D
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

shark tits

« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
watched a goofy coming of age story called 'west coast' about wiggers from france! it was sort of like stand by me w/ more 'niggas' and 'biotches'. the little kids would say 'serial killa' about stuff they liked, i dug that.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #941 on: January 27, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »
Worth checking out if you liked The Comedy or any Tim and Eric segments.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:53:51 PM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #942 on: February 09, 2017, 02:03:53 AM »
Been binging this

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #943 on: February 09, 2017, 04:57:21 AM »
Been binging this

Dude same its so fucking intense. Seems like it wouldn't be that good cause of the cast but its fucking great

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #944 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
Michael Bolton's Valentine's Day Special is good. It's a comedy/concert with Sarah Silverman, Will Forte, Fred Armisen, Andy Sandberg and like 20 other people. Eric Andre too.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #945 on: February 09, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »
watching Taboo these days

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #946 on: February 09, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Been binging this

[close]

Dude same its so fucking intense. Seems like it wouldn't be that good cause of the cast but its fucking great
Exactly! Travolta, Cuba Gooding and Ross Gellar all kill it

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #947 on: February 09, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been binging this

[close]

[close]

Yep excellent piece ....I never seen the Nicole pictures untill I saw this, and I remember growing with the case everyday in the 90s

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: February 09, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »
Just checked and there will be a season 2^

For some reason im gonna watch the Kevin James netflix movie right now. I actually like his shit, still a fan of the king of queens show and even enjoyed the Paul Blart movie. Meh fuck it lets see how this goes but im expecting very little

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #949 on: February 09, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »
You're a brave man Tobey let us know how that goes.

shark tits

« Reply #950 on: February 09, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »
tobey mentioned it somewhere but santa clarita diet was actually really enjoyable. i felt like i didn't like drew barrymore for being such a cold bitch to marissa dal santo in poison ivy and for being shit for brains in all adam sandler movies but man, she can express infinity w/ her face X vocal inflections!
she's rad and her husband is played by deputy marshall raylan givens aka timothy olyphant [why not just call yourself elephant you pussy? you're not fooling anyone w/ the oly].
shit was pretty enjoyable.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #951 on: February 09, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
Drew Barrymore looks fucking great in that show, the neighbor kid is my favorite in that series. Also i watched that Kevin James movie, wasn't that bad. I was barely paying attention to it but i made sure if i saw Adam Sandler i would turn it off, god that dude is just a huge letdown now. Ill never forgive him for what he did to Joe Dirt 2

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #952 on: February 09, 2017, 08:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been binging this

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yep excellent piece ....I never seen the Nicole pictures untill I saw this, and I remember growing with the case everyday in the 90s
It was kind of odd watching that second episode. My dad picked me up from LAX and we were driving to his house while they were chasing OJ and AC.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #953 on: February 09, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »
you never know about pre-cum 

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #954 on: February 10, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »
Just watched "It Follows" last night and thought it was pretty solid. It had such great reviews and praise as a smart horror movie, and I definitely thought it was different, but not sure it was as amazing as I thought it would be based on the talk surrounding it. But, if you like scary movies, I'd recommend it for sure. It was super entertaining.

I also just watched "I Am Not a Serial Killer," which is sort of a horror movie, but goofy in some ways. It's got a Stranger Things vibe to it, tapping into some nostalgia. I thought the main character did an amazing job playing his role. Another one that was really entertaining.

Irvine-Sucks.com

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #955 on: February 10, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this
Bill Nye Saves The World | Trailer [HD] | Netflix
He better have cheesy music videos at the end of each episode.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #956 on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been binging this

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
It was kind of odd watching that second episode. My dad picked me up from LAX and we were driving to his house while they were chasing OJ and AC.

Just started watching this, 2 episodes in.  Pretty entertaining so far, I particularly like the scenes where the defense lawyers get together to talk strategy.  Travolta is great (in fact, almost all the acting is great).

My lady and I were talking about how crazy it is that we remember exactly where we were when both the chase and the verdict took place.  Like it was some monumental moment in our lives like September 11th. 

A few gripes though... 1:  The fucking Kardashian product placement throughout the first two episodes.  I realize Robert K. was an integral part of the story, but seeing them go out of their way to mention and show the kids is pretty fucking annoying, damn near ruined the whole thing.  When they all started chanting Kardashian I had to shut it off.   2)  Ross... that guy fucking sucks.  He's basically the same character as Friends so at times I feel like I'm watching that show.   

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been binging this

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just started watching this, 2 episodes in.  Pretty entertaining so far, I particularly like the scenes where the defense lawyers get together to talk strategy.  Travolta is great (in fact, almost all the acting is great).

My lady and I were talking about how crazy it is that we remember exactly where we were when both the chase and the verdict took place.  Like it was some monumental moment in our lives like September 11th. 

A few gripes though... 1:  The fucking Kardashian product placement throughout the first two episodes.  I realize Robert K. was an integral part of the story, but seeing them go out of their way to mention and show the kids is pretty fucking annoying, damn near ruined the whole thing.  When they all started chanting Kardashian I had to shut it off.   2)  Ross... that guy fucking sucks.  He's basically the same character as Friends so at times I feel like I'm watching that show.   

Its only the first two episodes that i remember any scenes with the whole Kardashian family, after that its Just Rob. Also i like David Schwimmer just not in Friends, he was okay when i watched the Iceman a while back, or thats how at least i remember. He was pretty great in Curb for the season he was on it, dude was a total dick in that season and you never see him act like that in any of his characters

I just started to watch Ripper Street, its basically the era right after Jack the ripper in London. Seems pretty interesting so far   

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #958 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
So did any snowflakes on here delete their account?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: February 14, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Sorry to deviate from the suggested movies, but I watched one of the worst movies I've seen last night. It's called the ABC's of Death, and I thought the concept had potential. It had pretty bad reviews, but the idea is they picked 26 filmmakers from around the world and each one had to make a 4-5 minute short about death using their given letter of the alphabet.

I figured there would be some clever ones since there was such a wide array of filmmakers, but I thought all of them sucked except maybe 2 or 3. So, I guess my point in this is if you see it while scrolling through Netflix and get intrigued, scroll past that shit as fast as you can.

Irvine-Sucks.com