Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 382984 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #960 on: March 03, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
They've added some good ones Tenacious D, Sausage Party, Blazing Saddles, Memento, Jurassic Park 1, 2 & 3
Also read they're adding the Life Aquatic & Better Caul Saul season 2 later this month so I'm stoked on that

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #961 on: March 03, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
Sorry to deviate from the suggested movies, but I watched one of the worst movies I've seen last night. It's called the ABC's of Death, and I thought the concept had potential. It had pretty bad reviews, but the idea is they picked 26 filmmakers from around the world and each one had to make a 4-5 minute short about death using their given letter of the alphabet.

I figured there would be some clever ones since there was such a wide array of filmmakers, but I thought all of them sucked except maybe 2 or 3. So, I guess my point in this is if you see it while scrolling through Netflix and get intrigued, scroll past that shit as fast as you can.

It was so bad! Unbelievably there was a sequel which was even worse. There was so much variety it was amazing how many sucked. I went in thinking that even if the majority of the films weren't great they would at least be rapid fire enough that it would never be boring. How wrong I was.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #962 on: March 03, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »
Will also add to skip Grizzly Man ...the scenes with the bear were cool, but it was put together really badly

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #963 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Sorry to deviate from the suggested movies, but I watched one of the worst movies I've seen last night. It's called the ABC's of Death, and I thought the concept had potential. It had pretty bad reviews, but the idea is they picked 26 filmmakers from around the world and each one had to make a 4-5 minute short about death using their given letter of the alphabet.

I figured there would be some clever ones since there was such a wide array of filmmakers, but I thought all of them sucked except maybe 2 or 3. So, I guess my point in this is if you see it while scrolling through Netflix and get intrigued, scroll past that shit as fast as you can.
[close]

It was so bad! Unbelievably there was a sequel which was even worse. There was so much variety it was amazing how many sucked. I went in thinking that even if the majority of the films weren't great they would at least be rapid fire enough that it would never be boring. How wrong I was.

My thoughts exactly. I kept thinking as a new one started, "Well, this one can't be as bad as that last one," and went through that process basically 23 or 24 times.

Nacho Libre just got added Wednesday on a side note.

Irvine-Sucks.com

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #964 on: March 03, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
I will not feel bad about this, NOT ANYMORE. I like my name is earl and i watch it every few years. Go fuck yourself

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #965 on: March 04, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »
Just got a firestick so netflix has kind of went by the wayside. May even cancel my account
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #966 on: March 08, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
Started watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on Netflix in the morning before work...Episode 2 on Gravity features some street skating from the early-mid 90's.  I fuckin love Bill Nye!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »
Love season 2 just came out today, fingers crossed for another Dill cameo

EDIT: Hate to say it but Dill kind of made me laugh in his scene. Just seemed like he was being Dill. Episode 9 in season 2
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:25:17 PM by tobey »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: March 16, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Dont trust the bitch in apartment 23? Its pretty funny especially with James van der beek. Anyway Eric Andre is in it and hes literally a different person than he is today. Either hes one of the most underrated actors ever and can change with whatever type of role he landed just for that show or he was replaced by the Illuminati

Pigeon

« Reply #969 on: March 16, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
^
He's a decent actor who has had a few small parts. I didn't recognize him until I rewatched it, but he was a filming crew member on Curb Your Enthusiasm, in season 7...I think it was the episode with Mocha Joe.

I didn't care for the X-Files 15 years ago, but it's so well-written, I barely finish a drink per episode. I just finished that Todd Margaret show with David Cross and  William Arnett.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »
One season of Grand Designs.  I hope they get more.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: March 17, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »
Love season 2 just came out today, fingers crossed for another Dill cameo

EDIT: Hate to say it but Dill kind of made me laugh in his scene. Just seemed like he was being Dill. Episode 9 in season 2

was kind of disappointed in season 2 compared to season 1...the shroom episode and Dills part was funny when Gus asked him to pick up the glass.

Watched the Big Short last night....epic film

Iron Fist Binge this weekend  ;D

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #972 on: March 17, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
If you don't mind subtitles, I enjoyed "A Gang Story."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:23:58 AM by RCB3 »

Irvine-Sucks.com

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2017, 02:06:11 AM »
Fairly late to the Netflix game but rinsed the obvious Stranger Things and now working my way through Power. Pretty good so far.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
Been really enjoying Rectify. Slow but very interesting.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #975 on: March 18, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
I've been watching The People Vs. OJ Simpson. This series is more current than ever (except for maybe when the judgment was going on, of course...). It's great to see how it relates to the issues of today. It's odd to see Cuba Gooding Jr. acting, and Travolta looks fake as fuck, like a doll or something. It's slow-paced, but I'm loving it and the trial is one of the greatest clusterfucks of the last 20 years.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #976 on: March 19, 2017, 12:46:07 AM »
Season 2 of Love was a bit disappointing. It made me wanna fly kick Mickey in the tits. God I hate hot chicks who use there powers for evil.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #977 on: March 19, 2017, 03:24:14 PM »
God I hate hot chicks who use there powers for evil.

shark tits

« Reply #978 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:04 AM »
iZombie and my crazy ex girlfriend.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
Iron Fist sucked balls...pretty bad acting (except Rosario), bad fighting scenes, lacks continuity...shit dialogue...damn Marvel dropped the ball on this one

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #980 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
Just watched this show shrink on seeso. It's the funniest show i've seen in a long time. And if you haven't gotten seeso, I think its 3.99 a month and you get every episode of parks and rec, snl, a matt besser stand up special, and a shit ton of other comedy content you might like.
Shrink - Episode 1 - 1,920 Hours - Seeso Original Series

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2017, 04:04:30 AM »
Iron Fist sucked balls...pretty bad acting (except Rosario), bad fighting scenes, lacks continuity...shit dialogue...damn Marvel dropped the ball on this one

i liked it, but i don't think any of the marvel shows are particularly great..

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #982 on: March 21, 2017, 04:46:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only seen 2 eps so far but I'm into it. Now you'll have me looking for shitty acting. I think it'd just the nature of any "superhero" story to be overly dramatic. Comes with the territory I suppose...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #983 on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:39 AM »
i agree the fighting sequences looks kinda fake and boring. a lot of bad cuts in thoese scenes too. but yeah, it's pretty enjoyable overall. jessica jones also had shitty dialogue and action, but i liked that show as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:44:15 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #984 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
Finally sat down to watch Marco Polo and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely wish they were coming out with more seasons.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #985 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Only seen 2 eps so far but I'm into it. Now you'll have me looking for shitty acting. I think it'd just the nature of any "superhero" story to be overly dramatic. Comes with the territory I suppose...
I actually enjoy Agents of Shield which has some pretty bad stories/plots/acting, but this shit was on a level worse than that show...
well the acting comes off like its a lot of peoples first rodeo.  Rosario, Trinity, and Madame Gao were great...but everyone else is just a drag.
Was only feeling the fight club scenes tbh.

Finally sat down to watch Marco Polo and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely wish they were coming out with more seasons.
yea i got into it late, but once i did I binged the 2 seasons. A lot of it should have been copied into Iron Fist especially 100 eyes...oh well
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:54:32 PM by Abyss1 »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: March 22, 2017, 09:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I actually enjoy Agents of Shield which has some pretty bad stories/plots/acting, but this shit was on a level worse than that show...
well the acting comes off like its a lot of peoples first rodeo.  Rosario, Trinity, and Madame Gao were great...but everyone else is just a drag.

Expand Quote
[close]
yea i got into it late, but once i did I binged the 2 seasons. A lot of it should have been copied into Iron Fist especially 100 eyes...oh well

I've been hearing some not too good things about Iron Fist and having never really liked him in the comics, probably won't watch. I don't remember the first season of Arrow to well but does it seem like most super hero shows have a rocky start? I felt like Luke Cage was a bit of a letdown.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #987 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I've been hearing some not too good things about Iron Fist and having never really liked him in the comics, probably won't watch. I don't remember the first season of Arrow to well but does it seem like most super hero shows have a rocky start? I felt like Luke Cage was a bit of a letdown.
I really do hope they get their shit together for Season 2...It would mean Iron First would need a lot more martial arts training, film gets more budget , and potentially the director for DareDevil for it to shine better than season 1

For me the hiearchy of Marvel TV shows goes DareDevil --> Jessica Jones --> Luke Cage ---> Agents of Shield -->Agent Carter -->Iron Fist
and I still havent seen Agent Carter  :-X

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #988 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
isn't Legion a marvel one ? this one is good

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #989 on: March 22, 2017, 10:50:54 AM »
Legion is an xmen show, so not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Saw first episode of Iron Fist. Can't really say much but Finn Jones is just so meh in it. I'm a fan of Jessica Henwick and she's a babe for life too. Can't wait to see what she brings to the show.

It's one of those shows where you have to watch because it leads up to the next show (The Defenders) and might not really know whats going on unless you see it.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham