Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383050 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1020 on: April 06, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

Just watched that again. It really is an underrated movie, forgot how big the cast was butt fuck Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller are just so great in that movie. I remember when it first came out there were a bunch of news coverage about that movie because of the whole Simple Jack thing in the movie, just so good though 
[close]

Probablymy favorite RDJr performance, I find it hilarious he was nominated for an academy award for it

Imagine if that came out today? I feel like people would lose their shit.

Great fuckin movie!

Also abyss1, l check into those. Injury time equals lots of time to watch shows. The more the merrier
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #1021 on: April 07, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
Watching American crime story oj Simpson right now shit is so good

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1022 on: April 07, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

Just watched that again. It really is an underrated movie, forgot how big the cast was butt fuck Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller are just so great in that movie. I remember when it first came out there were a bunch of news coverage about that movie because of the whole Simple Jack thing in the movie, just so good though 
[close]

Probablymy favorite RDJr performance, I find it hilarious he was nominated for an academy award for it
[close]

Great fuckin movie!

Also abyss1, l check into those. Injury time equals lots of time to watch shows. The more the merrier

Word since you got a lot of time i also recommend the Get Down if you like hip hop...Season2 just dropped today

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1023 on: April 07, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

[close]

[close]

Great fuckin movie!

[close]

Word since you got a lot of time i also recommend the Get Down if you like hip hop...Season2 just dropped today

I love hip hop, will check out tonight hopefully. Thanks for the suggestions
Gentleman ninja warlock

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #1024 on: April 07, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
Crossfire Hurricane.  The Stones Doc

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1025 on: April 07, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

[close]

Just watched it last night after this thread and thought it was pretty hilarious. I agree RDJ stole the show. His role is so good throughout the entire thing.

I watched the Midnight Meat Train the other night and wasn't really impressed. It was an interesting concept, but I just thought the ending was too lame. After reading some reviews, I had higher hopes, but maybe other people will like it more.

Irvine-Sucks.com

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1026 on: April 07, 2017, 05:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

[close]

Tom Cruise low key has the funniest parts, and I did not realize it ws him at all when I first saw it

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1027 on: April 11, 2017, 01:27:59 AM »
New Louis CK standup is hilarious and he has a bit about dog drugs #teamdogdrugs

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1028 on: April 14, 2017, 02:10:19 PM »
Oh just fuck me, im gonna watch the new Adam Sandler movie.

Also please give me some decent comedy movies on netflix. I could probably hook you up with a decent drama show in return

shark tits

« Reply #1029 on: April 14, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »

Also please give me some decent comedy movies on netflix. I could probably hook you up with a decent drama show in return
speaking of bad, i half-watched a jack black movie last night where he gayed off w/ the cool guy from high school and regretted it. strange movie but if awkard gaying off is your thing, D-Train is your flick.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1030 on: April 14, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
speaking of bad, i half-watched a jack black movie last night where he gayed off w/ the cool guy from high school and regretted it. strange movie but if awkard gaying off is your thing, D-Train is your flick.

hahahahha i actually watched that the other night. Super weird but i kind of dug it. Especially the end where the cool dudes friends is making fun of him for fucking jack black and he said " Look i could of fucked the both of you in high school and you wonder why i didn't"? and just left

shark tits

« Reply #1031 on: April 14, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »
yeah, i was half watching but that was kind of cool at the end. and jack black was like 'i stole your shirt but take it back'. it had a few moments and a good 80s soundtrack that you could see louie barletta skating to.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1032 on: April 14, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
This Adam Sandler movie reminds of the 30 rock episode where Jenna stars in that horror movie but Jack comes in and helps. He helps by getting a ton of sponsors for the movie that the movie is just complete shit but it doesn't matter because they already made their money back and more because the amount of sponsors they had for the movie, so it doesn't matter if anyone likes or even watches the movie.

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1033 on: April 14, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
Train to Busan just got on Netflix and it's intense as fuck. I'm generally pretty over the whole zombie craze but this one did some really cool stuff with it.

The People vs. O.J. Simpson was also surprisingly good, and I don't even give a shit about O.J.  I was like 6 when the trial was going on so I didn't realize all the different stuff that happened behind the scenes. Definitely worth a watch.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1034 on: April 15, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
I've watched the UK version of the Office in a couple of sittings... really cringey. It's the kind of humor that I like, but I can't stand Ricky Gervais's face. Guess I have to see how the American version is like.

Also, happy 2015, as I've started to watch Black Mirror. The show hasn't impressed me too much so far, but I'm willing to blame it on the hype and the high expectations that I've got from people. It's fun and enthralling if you can treat it as a new Twilight Zone, but the satire feels heavy-handed and the endings are predictable. I'm going to watch the series to the end, though, with an open-heart, if only for the conversation.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1035 on: April 17, 2017, 08:36:35 AM »
I've watched the UK version of the Office in a couple of sittings... really cringey. It's the kind of humor that I like, but I can't stand Ricky Gervais's face. Guess I have to see how the American version is like.

I didn't like Steve Carell until I watched the US version. I think I've watched it all the way through about 3 times now. One of my all time favorite shows for sure. I've never tried the UK version because I'm a salty American and I've heard too many times from high-horse riding europeans that it's so much better than our version.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #1036 on: April 17, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »

Not a movie, and i assume youre already all over this, but Jane the virgin is back for more.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1037 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn't like Steve Carell until I watched the US version
. I think I've watched it all the way through about 3 times now. One of my all time favorite shows for sure. I've never tried the UK version because I'm a salty American and I've heard too many times from high-horse riding europeans that it's so much better than our version.

I was the same, i didnt mind the movies he was in but was never huge on him but after the office i was completely won over. Michael scott may be one of the greatest tv characters ever. He made that show, i still watched when he left but Ed helms couldnt quite cut it.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1038 on: April 17, 2017, 10:33:48 PM »
Did anybody check out Iron fist ? 

I have super mixed feelings about it. Huge highs and lows. I finished the season but not sure if it was worth it eh ...

Pigeon

« Reply #1039 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:37 AM »
Did anybody check out Iron fist ? 

I have super mixed feelings about it. Huge highs and lows. I finished the season but not sure if it was worth it eh ...
corny as fuck with bad acting, but a good time killer

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1040 on: April 18, 2017, 12:44:04 PM »
Consider me sold on Black Mirror. Especially after the White Bear episode, I hated it until the twist, now it's fucked me up royally. The Netflix guys have a great hand for their "originals", I'd never hear about this show if not for them. Worth every cent.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1041 on: April 18, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »
Just watched "I Don't Feel At Home in This World Anymore" last night with Elijah Wood. I kept seeing it as suggested to me and gave it a whirl. I thought it was pretty darn entertaining. The dark humor mixture can be pretty great if done correctly.

Irvine-Sucks.com

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1042 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »
Just watched "I Don't Feel At Home in This World Anymore" last night with Elijah Wood. I kept seeing it as suggested to me and gave it a whirl. I thought it was pretty darn entertaining. The dark humor mixture can be pretty great if done correctly.

loved this one.  the director/writer is the main actor from Blue Ruin and Green Room
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1043 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
NOT ON NETFLIX but if you have amazon prime i highly suggest you watch Bosch. It's a great dark detective show, im about to be done season 1 and I think they just added season 3. I could see that this might relate to The Wire as a good cop show, also someone from The Wire is in it, definitely not better but its up there
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:17:28 AM by tobey »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1044 on: April 24, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
It's not quite on the same level as The Wire, but it is really good. I'm watching season 3 right now. And yeah, it's a little weird to see Marlow Stanfield as a cop.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1045 on: May 11, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
Just tried out that AMC show that just got added onto netflix called into the badlands. Pretty fucking wild so far

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1046 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
I went to a focus group about that show before season 1 aired and they made me watch the first 3 eps and I thought it was the goofiest shit ever but when I went to the group everyone else loved the show and by the end the whole group and all the moderators were really sick of me. Anyway that show sucks and they gave me a $250 visa card to tell them so.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1047 on: May 11, 2017, 02:31:02 PM »
I went to a focus group about that show before season 1 aired and they made me watch the first 3 eps and I thought it was the goofiest shit ever but when I went to the group everyone else loved the show and by the end the whole group and all the moderators were really sick of me. Anyway that show sucks and they gave me a $250 visa card to tell them so.

meh i like it but i stopped after two episodes and now watching Austin Powers

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #1048 on: May 12, 2017, 06:21:36 AM »
Just tried out that AMC show that just got added onto netflix called into the badlands. Pretty fucking wild so far
Just finished that. It was ok but I didn't really relate with any of the characters. Also to think not one soul would have some sort of gun or weapon besides knives/swords is a stretch. Doubt I watch the new season if there is one.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1049 on: May 15, 2017, 02:34:39 AM »
Finished season 2 of Master Of None this weekend.  I thought it was really funny and well done despite hearing how sad it was supposed to be.  The ending was a bit whatever though, considering that was supposed to be the last season.. Oh well.