Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383036 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1290 on: January 06, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »
Started this show called "The End of the Fucking World" and am enjoying it. It reminds me a bit of the Fargo TV show because of its dark humor.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1291 on: January 06, 2018, 08:28:51 AM »
i really want to like that unabomber show but i just cannot keep my attention on it for some reason..

the new Russell Howard special is pretty good, for a comedian that is wife approved I wasnt expecting to enjoy it but actually LOL'd a couple of times

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1292 on: January 06, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
Started this show called "The End of the Fucking World" and am enjoying it. It reminds me a bit of the Fargo TV show because of its dark humor.

Speaking of the Frago tv show I finally started to watch it. I'm watching it on Hulu but if any other pals in different countries can see Fargo on Netflix you need to check it out. Billy Bob Thornton rules

SOTY

« Reply #1293 on: January 06, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
Kill the Messenger

"Based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb. The film takes place in the mid-1990s, when Webb uncovered the CIA's past role in importing huge amounts of cocaine into the U.S. that was aggressively sold in ghettos across the country to raise money for the Nicaraguan Contras' rebel army."

The movie itself ain't gonna change your life but it's an interesting story.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1294 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »
That third episode was complete fucking bullshit. It was bland, uninspiring, pure sci fi with nothing to take from it. The characters are shallow and it's all shock value. The second wasn't too good either, but it does feel like a proper episode, and I really appreciate the shorter length. USS Callister was really neat, though.
Ha fair enough criticisms, but I really enjoyed the 3rd episode actually.
A lot of that may be due to how great Iceland looked in it, though.

Callister and Hang the DJ were probably my two favorites of the season.
The finale got mixed reviews, and it might have gone on too long, but I liked it by the end. Super dark.

It's still super cold and windy here, so I think I'm just gonna stay inside and watch the Tim Burton Batman movies today.
Maybe Bright too, if I'm feeling especially masochistic.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1295 on: January 06, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »

Started this one last night and was laughing my ass off. Both of the main characters are great.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1296 on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
Just started watching Stranger Things season 2 (had to binge watch Game of Thrones first) and I don't know... I'm not really into it.  It's ok, entertaining... but i feel like they bought into their own hype and are just going for cute 80's reference jokes.  It's not bad but not as good as season 1.

Watching a doc called "The Real Football Factories" about football hooligans and the cool clothes they wear, etc... entertaining for a yank like me and our boring shitty sports fans.

New Chappelle specials were both great. 

Put The Secret Life of Pets on for my kid, hoping it would keep him distracted... ended up elbowing him out of the way, grabbing my dog and watching it with a tear in my eye.  Great movie.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1297 on: January 07, 2018, 07:37:16 AM »
I thought that Star trek themed Black mirror episode was really lame. How was I supposed to feel anything for a bunch of characters in a virtual reality world?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1298 on: January 07, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
New season of easy has some really solid nudity including a dudes semirection.....groundbreaking TV here....the second season of Fargo is not that rad....

There's Seinfeld's comedians in cars series up now too...

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1299 on: January 07, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
I thought that Star trek themed Black mirror episode was really lame. How was I supposed to feel anything for a bunch of characters in a virtual reality world?
I enjoyed it, but couldn't watch 2nd one cause of the fucked up sound

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1300 on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
The Godfather trilogy is on there now, gonna binge that later today

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1301 on: January 07, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
The Godfather trilogy is on there now, gonna binge that later today
oh shit

buckfitchesmetgoney

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1302 on: January 07, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »
Alyssa in The End of the Fucking World looks like Ben Kadow in drag

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1303 on: January 07, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Alyssa in The End of the Fucking World looks like Ben Kadow in drag

LOL, now that you mention it i'll never be able to get it out of my head

i thought the show was awesome
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1304 on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »
I saw it a while back, but just rewatched "I Am Not a Serial Killer" last night and still loved it. The main kid actor does such a great job in my opinion. Fun fact is he was the kid in Where the Wild Things Are.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #1305 on: January 08, 2018, 07:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Started this one last night and was laughing my ass off. Both of the main characters are great.
i JUST finished watching the whole thing and came in here to discuss it. Anyone know when season 2 gets released? Quite the cliffhanger.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #1306 on: January 08, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »
Although maybe everything that needed to be seen has been shown. If it ended here it would make sense.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1307 on: January 09, 2018, 06:59:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i JUST finished watching the whole thing and came in here to discuss it. Anyone know when season 2 gets released? Quite the cliffhanger.

you think there will be a second season? in my mind it made sense to end the whole story at the end of the last episode. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1308 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
That third episode was complete fucking bullshit. It was bland, uninspiring, pure sci fi with nothing to take from it. The characters are shallow and it's all shock value. The second wasn't too good either, but it does feel like a proper episode, and I really appreciate the shorter length. USS Callister was really neat, though.
[close]
Ha fair enough criticisms, but I really enjoyed the 3rd episode actually.
A lot of that may be due to how great Iceland looked in it, though.

Callister and Hang the DJ were probably my two favorites of the season.
The finale got mixed reviews, and it might have gone on too long, but I liked it by the end. Super dark.

We're up to ep 5 and I think this season kind of sucks. Callister was good but inconsequential. Arkangel abandoned a much much more interesting plot halfway through the episode and instead did something shitty and boring. Crocodile had the goofiest SNL non-ending and again abandoned a much more interesting plot. The dating one I don't remember the name of was fine, the lead actress was really good so it was enjoyable. Metalhead, the last one I watched, was hilarious and my favorite of the season so far.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1309 on: January 09, 2018, 09:46:24 AM »
USS Callister would have been more interesting if it didn't feel like a longer drawn out version of the one in White Christmas with the girl who made toast for Jon Hamm. I think it didn't help that I kept thinking it was the same girl from that one too, seriously look at them.

Haven't watched the last one but this season has not felt as good, particularly Arkangel

Surf-goth

« Reply #1310 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

you think there will be a second season? in my mind it made sense to end the whole story at the end of the last episode.
Yeah i could see that . it was like a long movie broken down in 8 bits.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1311 on: January 09, 2018, 04:23:14 PM »
USS Callister would have been more interesting if it didn't feel like a longer drawn out version of the one in White Christmas with the girl who made toast for Jon Hamm. I think it didn't help that I kept thinking it was the same girl from that one too, seriously look at them.

Haven't watched the last one but this season has not felt as good, particularly Arkangel

When she started mutilating herself because of the filter I was really interested in the episode. I thought they were going to go with how it was fucking her up, then they ditched it and went with regular shit.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1312 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
Winter has me being lazy, but re-watching a bunch of good movies at least.

Today I watched Jackie Brown (which is so entertaining, I never even realized it's like 2 1/2 hours long til now), Full Metal Jacket, Hot Fuzz, and The Prestige.

I kind of want to watch that The Mist mini-series, even though it's gotten pretty much only bad reviews, just cause I love the short story, and want to see how much they fucked it up.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1313 on: January 11, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »
shit the fucking bed, I had never seen the Shawshank Redemption before but it popped up on Netflix and i couldnt think of anything else to watch.. HOLY FUCK! what a movie, cant beleive ive been avoiding it for so long

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2018, 06:41:13 AM »
Hell yeah Shawshank's a classic.
Just watched Tom Segura's new stand up & it's hilarious

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
shit the fucking bed, I had never seen the Shawshank Redemption before but it popped up on Netflix and i couldnt think of anything else to watch.. HOLY FUCK! what a movie, cant beleive ive been avoiding it for so long
You should watch "The Green mile" if you haven't already. It's another one of the better Stephen King adaptations.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1316 on: January 13, 2018, 09:21:01 AM »

lol how have you not seen this, it plays on TV literally every day
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1317 on: January 13, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
I have seen the Green Mile, tis good in a differnet way..

I dunno man, I dont watch actual TV ever, jusy netlfix and youtube when im chillin at home tbh plus i have a tendancy to avoid movies that everyone rates super highly because i find i go in expecting too much and end up dissapointed.. the opposite happened with Shawshank.. theres probably a world of great movies that i have denied myself haha

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #1318 on: January 13, 2018, 10:00:21 AM »
Started watching Ozark.Binging from yesterday morning,great show...bit of Breaking Bad wibe.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1319 on: January 13, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »
Just started watching Peaky Blinders. Going to binge it over the long weekend. Feels like a UK version of Boardwalk Empire.