Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387792 times)

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1590 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:25 AM »
Trigger Warning With Killer Mike

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1591 on: January 21, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
Was watching the fyre festival doc...it’s good...some guy in it is wearing a gx1000 shirt ...lol

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1592 on: January 22, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »
Beverly Hills Ninja never gets old.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #1593 on: January 22, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »
Just finished Fyre:The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix , I liked it. Andy King is a true team player. What a trooper  :)

Just watched it tonight and I feel like he should of been more vocal in trying to stop this from going through. There's no way in that final stretch, with his long career, would he not know how much of a clusterfuck the festival was going to be. It felt a little shady of him to not try to stop it, although everyone said how impossible it was to sway Billy on anything. Also, did Ja Rule have any legal repercussions after this? Wasn't he a cofounder? Him trying to explain to that conference call of employers how it wasn't fraud was hilarious.

Irvine-Sucks.com

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1594 on: January 22, 2019, 09:03:03 PM »
Also, Hell or High Water is now streaming. It's a really great movie. I'm a big fan of anything Ben Foster is in. It's a bit of a slow burner, but I love films that show some of the more rural and tiny communities of the U.S.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1595 on: January 23, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Just finished Fyre:The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix , I liked it. Andy King is a true team player. What a trooper  :)
[close]

Just watched it tonight and I feel like he should of been more vocal in trying to stop this from going through. There's no way in that final stretch, with his long career, would he not know how much of a clusterfuck the festival was going to be. It felt a little shady of him to not try to stop it, although everyone said how impossible it was to sway Billy on anything. Also, did Ja Rule have any legal repercussions after this? Wasn't he a cofounder? Him trying to explain to that conference call of employers how it wasn't fraud was hilarious.

Omg just finished watching this randomly and really liked it. I remember hearing about it but never looked into it and am surprised at all the details and how many people got fucked over. I felt really bad for the Bahama restaurant lady the most. Andy King ready to literary suck dick to keep this facade going was some next level shit.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1596 on: January 23, 2019, 05:04:16 AM »
Watched the Hulu Fyre doc holy shit. I don’t really feel bad for “influencer” bros and one percenters dropping 30k on that though shits hilarious. Even it it went smoothly I wouldn’t want to be near that douche parade.

Fuckjerry pretty guilty too.

euro tm

« Reply #1597 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:12 AM »
Watched the Hulu Fyre doc holy shit. I don’t really feel bad for “influencer” bros and one percenters dropping 30k on that though shits hilarious. Even it it went smoothly I wouldn’t want to be near that douche parade.

i highly recommend the netflix one after watching the hulu doc. they did a good job at keeping them both pretty different.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1598 on: January 23, 2019, 08:32:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No because he was supposed to be a silent investor...but his loud ass couldnt keep shut...you see how he was yelling at those fyre app employees ...and when he said its not fraud its false advertisement ...what a kook I never ever liked Ja-Rule. and Lofl at Andy King saying he almost had to suck dick to take one for the team

I've been raving since 1998, been to early coachella, and festivals in CA so I kind of know about this music scene, and was on twitter and saw the blow up...sad because I saw though that line up and location and others didnt
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:34:26 AM by Abyss1 »

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1599 on: January 23, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »
Catwalk on Cat Shows.  about three cats and Canadian cat competitions.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1600 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i highly recommend the netflix one after watching the hulu doc. they did a good job at keeping them both pretty different.

I’m planning on it

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1601 on: January 23, 2019, 04:37:45 PM »
Catwalk on Cat Shows.  about three cats and Canadian cat competitions.
So bummed, not on Netflix Canada, not where I live anywhooo this sounds like n amazing show 😺

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1602 on: January 23, 2019, 11:02:04 PM »
The Netflix Fyre documentary is much better. Everyone, including the alleged victims, portrays themselves as idiots (except the poor laborers).

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #1603 on: January 24, 2019, 01:10:54 AM »
Randomly watched that Fyre documentary on Netflix. I could hardly get through it actually. These people keep insisting this Billy guy is a marketing genius  ::) when it is blatantly obvious they were willfully ignorant, as they stood to make a lot of money (and some of them actually did, or at least are now owed a lot). Interestingly, I found out later that this Jerry Media company also helped produce this Netflix film. This is as good as they could make themselves look apparently, and they still look complicit as fuck.

And this Andy King character... in what world is a blowjob by him worth 150,000 dollars or whatever it was?? Doesn't add up at all, and seems to be in there to make him seem like he was used and/or trying his best(?) In any case it isn't plausible that these people didn't know what was happening, especially towards the end. Even the models knew all along they wouldn't attend that party. Some of the programmers seemed legitimately duped by this Billy creep but most just took the money and knowingly ran with his bullshit. Only that pilot called him out early on, because he wasn't blinded by $$.

Sorry for the rant but I cannot stand this 'visionary entrepreneur' crap. Should I watch the Hulu one? My girl wants to see it so might suffer through it with her.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1604 on: January 24, 2019, 01:27:32 AM »
Randomly watched that Fyre documentary on Netflix. I could hardly get through it actually. These people keep insisting this Billy guy is a marketing genius  ::) when it is blatantly obvious they were willfully ignorant, as they stood to make a lot of money (and some of them actually did, or at least are now owed a lot). Interestingly, I found out later that this Jerry Media company also helped produce this Netflix film. This is as good as they could make themselves look apparently, and they still look complicit as fuck.

And this Andy King character... in what world is a blowjob by him worth 150,000 dollars or whatever it was?? Doesn't add up at all, and seems to be in there to make him seem like he was used and/or trying his best(?) In any case it isn't plausible that these people didn't know what was happening, especially towards the end. Even the models knew all along they wouldn't attend that party. Some of the programmers seemed legitimately duped by this Billy creep but most just took the money and knowingly ran with his bullshit. Only that pilot called him out early on, because he wasn't blinded by $$.

Sorry for the rant but I cannot stand this 'visionary entrepreneur' crap. Should I watch the Hulu one? My girl wants to see it so might suffer through it with her.

Saw both. I liked the Netflix one more though. The Hulu one does have Billy being interviewed through the whole documentary and they discuss a few different things the Netflix didn’t discuss and vice versa. Billy is as dilusional as it gets. Even after the whole fiasco had the nerve to say I never lied about anything and still gives off the vibe that not only does he not have any remorse but tries to justify everything like he did nothing wrong. I do agree with you that a lot of people played the victim part when they were anything but. I do like that the restaurant lady that got screwed had a gofundme where she raised over 150k after the documentaries were released. The whole thing definitely gave me Enron vibes.

excitableboy

« Reply #1605 on: January 24, 2019, 01:55:52 AM »
Good to hear the Bahamian workers are getting some cash after all. I read Billy got paid 250,000 to be in the Hulu one. Not sure if he is delusional as you say, or just a compulsive liar/sociopath. Might watch it later and split hairs on that. In any case I agree with you. I should definitely get a Ryan Lay board.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1606 on: January 24, 2019, 05:26:35 AM »
I watched both. I wish they had combined their forces to make a complete documentary. Each missed things that the other picked up on.

Andy definitely enabled billy to keep going.

Ticket prospecting is such bull shit btw. They don’t even guarantee the tickets they sell to you. ESPN just ran an article about it.

Billy’s gf comes across as the biggest idiot/gold digger to me. He is obviously a bad person and she stays for his status and things he does for her, while using other peoples money

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1607 on: January 24, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »
One of the things I thought was lacking from the Netflix one was there was no details on his family life or upbringing. Did his early life help pave the way to being a sociopathic shithead or was that on his own? Does the Hulu one discuss his family life at all?

Irvine-Sucks.com

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1608 on: January 24, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
One of the things I thought was lacking from the Netflix one was there was no details on his family life or upbringing. Did his early life help pave the way to being a sociopathic shithead or was that on his own? Does the Hulu one discuss his family life at all?

He talks about hustling some kids in elementary school and a psychologist said it’s in him from the beginning.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1609 on: January 24, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
Good to hear the Bahamian workers are getting some cash after all. I read Billy got paid 250,000 to be in the Hulu one. Not sure if he is delusional as you say, or just a compulsive liar/sociopath. Might watch it later and split hairs on that. In any case I agree with you. I should definitely get a Ryan Lay board.
I'm stoked the Bahamian workers are getting some cash , that's awesome to read.

excitableboy

« Reply #1610 on: January 24, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »
Watched the Hulu one, it is the lesser film for sure but did add some new angles. Judging from the interview I would say Billy is just a con artist. Completely culpable. Funny to watch him squirm. His mom is also in this, voiced by a robot but sounding just as duplicitous as her spawn. Genetics, perhaps, or maybe just a mom doing damage control. Apparently scuba diving at ten years old is precocious and somehow explains turning into a compulsive liar later on. That story about his crayon enterprise sounded so made up as well. As for gold diggers, how about that Carola woman! Billy's chick should take notes. She can afford to sink her husband's millions into train wrecks like this and never have to worry about it. Must be nice.

I liked how the Hulu film calls them on their bullshit more, but the edit is very ADD and messy. Ja Rule drunkenly implicates himself at the end, so it sort of pays to sit it out. Ryan Lay boards are hard to come by where I am, it turns out. For shame, as it would compensate nicely for the clusterfuck of inauthenticity I consumed over the last 24 hours.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1611 on: January 24, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »
I can be petty when it comes to grammar. With that on the table, Billy's pointless "Basically" in his message for his crayon refurb hustle drove me fucking nuts. That little misplaced word was the tell that he thought he was more clever than he actually was. I'm not out here advocating stepping on kids dreams but no story they told about his childhood made me think he was going to grow up to be a moral, well-adjusted adult.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

excitableboy

« Reply #1612 on: January 24, 2019, 07:33:15 PM »
I can be petty when it comes to grammar. With that on the table, Billy's pointless "Basically" in his message for his crayon refurb hustle drove me fucking nuts. That little misplaced word was the tell that he thought he was more clever than he actually was. I'm not out here advocating stepping on kids dreams but no story they told about his childhood made me think he was going to grow up to be a moral, well-adjusted adult.

That irked me as well, haha. In the edit, 'basically' was included in the screen message, but I think it was an interjection he made in speech, it wasn't part of the actual 'pitch' ::) Because of course kids don't need their crayons fixed and he knows it is reaching. Even retrospectively he fails to make up a viable Warren Buffett type lemonade stand story.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1613 on: January 24, 2019, 07:36:18 PM »
Billy’s gf comes across as the biggest idiot/gold digger to me. He is obviously a bad person and she stays for his status and things he does for her, while using other peoples money

I thought the creative director/right hand scam man Grant Margolis was both the biggest idiot and one of the biggest frauds. All the footage of him was gold (boats in a "v-formation", "big big big big big bonfire" and his music commercial suggestions) and I was disappointed that there wasn't more.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1614 on: January 24, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought the creative director/right hand scam man Grant Margolis was both the biggest idiot and one of the biggest frauds. All the footage of him was gold (boats in a "v-formation", "big big big big big bonfire" and his music commercial suggestions) and I was disappointed that there wasn't more.

Speaking of which, enjoy:
https://soundcloud.com/e_c_i_s/fyre-festival-commercial-music-mock-up

Best comment "I mean...I could still pop my pussy to this."
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1615 on: January 25, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Speaking of which, enjoy:
https://soundcloud.com/e_c_i_s/fyre-festival-commercial-music-mock-up

Best comment "I mean...I could still pop my pussy to this."
Wow. I realize there's so much more to cringe watch about this.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1616 on: January 25, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »
Watching Ted Bundy Tapes. This guy was so fucking evil and psychotic, you will long for the moral decency of the Fyre fest guy. I love 💕 Serial Killer shows (Mindhunter) and true crime stuff, but this is hard to watch. There’s so many mistakes made by witnesses and police that could of prevented so much of this. Fuck this dude, love his show.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1617 on: January 25, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »
Just finished watching Gotti with John Travolta on Netflix , I liked it.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1618 on: January 25, 2019, 06:32:56 PM »
Watching Ted Bundy Tapes. This guy was so fucking evil and psychotic, you will long for the moral decency of the Fyre fest guy. I love 💕 Serial Killer shows (Mindhunter) and true crime stuff, but this is hard to watch. There’s so many mistakes made by witnesses and police that could of prevented so much of this. Fuck this dude, love his show.

I don't think it's Ted's show per say
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1619 on: January 25, 2019, 07:34:16 PM »
Watching Ted Bundy Making a Murderer and I think he might've actually done it