Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387682 times)

schmitty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1920 on: March 14, 2020, 11:13:37 PM »
Anyone watch Contagion this past week? Not sure if I want to spook myself out more than I'm already spooked

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1921 on: March 15, 2020, 07:16:52 AM »
Anyone watch Contagion this past week? Not sure if I want to spook myself out more than I'm already spooked
Been a long time since I’ve seen it but I’m pretty sure shit was mad scary even before all this. Have fun lol, I’m gonna pass.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #1922 on: March 15, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »
A few weeks ago I took a long haul flight and that movie was featured on board.
I couldn’t help but laugh.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #1923 on: March 15, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
Watched Honey Boy last night on Amazon. Real quick - subjectively, this does suck and I don't recommend it. Pretty much a self-suck piece from Shia.

What I found interesting was his dad was extremely similar to my friend's, growing up. Almost to a T with the motorcycle and being a total scumbag who mooched off of his kid's success because he could not get a real job due to his rap sheet.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1924 on: March 15, 2020, 05:30:54 PM »

This doc is wild if you have Showtime.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1925 on: March 15, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
Hulu not Netflix but I’m 2 episodes into Devs and it’s gonna be good. Made by the guy who did Ex Machina and looks to be that level good.
Two episodes in and it looks very promising!

doyle

• Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1926 on: March 16, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Wasn’t super hooked on the first three seasons of Better Call Saul, but just finished season 4 and thought it was seriously amazing.  It’s really hit it’s stride and become the Breaking Bad-esque show I was hoping it would be.
[close]

I loved first three seasons probably due to a love for lawyer related plots. Also love lawyer movies, don't know why. The beginning feels like a completely different show. Then yeah you right, Season 4. Hammer came down lol. Every episode in latest season just as crazy as one of the premier breaking bad episodes.   

I loved Breaking Bad but never got around to watching Better Call Saul until I saw these comments. Just finished episode 1 of season 4 and I'm so excited for what's to come. I don't know why I never started this earlier, but I'm kind of glad I waited so I could binge-watch the way I have been.

Yu Dum

« Reply #1927 on: March 16, 2020, 01:08:56 PM »
My wife got me into this syfy show "The Magicians", and man...it's actually very well written. If you like fantasy-horror and adventure then it's for you. Watch the pilot episode and you'll see what I mean.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #1928 on: March 16, 2020, 07:54:07 PM »

This doc is wild if you have Showtime.

Remember hearing sporadic bizarre headlines about him over the last decade. Need to watch. Amazing to see one of the tech yuppies go rogue. 

Also, yeah The Magicians looks good too. Everything shut down, ideal time to watch 

And Doyle, Season 5 of Better Call Saul looks even more wild. Seen previews. New episodes happening now, but gonna wait  till comes out on Netflix to watch.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:57:18 PM by rawr1922 »

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1929 on: March 17, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
Just finished the Daybreak series at first I wasn’t sure because of how corny it came off . I cringed especially when he mall grabs his board but it was decent, Madmax/John Hughes type of storyline.  If you can roll your eyes at how woke the feel for this movies subagenda it’s a decent watch.
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1930 on: March 17, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Did anyone else enjoy altered carbon season 2
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #1931 on: March 17, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
Freaks on Netflix
With Emile Hersch(Jason Adams)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1932 on: March 17, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »
Did anyone else enjoy altered carbon season 2

I loved season 1 not sure I want to see season 2. Do not like Falcon aka the new captain america at all...not a fan of his acting, he was decent in winter soldier tho.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1933 on: March 18, 2020, 02:13:51 AM »
I’ve been watching “Gentified “ lately and I’m really digging it. There’s a lot of relatable topics in their episodes in regards to the current gentrification going on in LA.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2020, 05:09:37 AM »
Russian Doll is a show I expected to be shit but is actually great. Same with Weeds.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:16:49 AM by 25-8Pun2kWeight »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #1935 on: March 18, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
Haven't seen it for a few years, but saw There Will Be Blood was streaming and damn, what an incredible performance Daniel Day Lewis did in that film. Such a great movie.

Irvine-Sucks.com

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #1936 on: March 19, 2020, 01:15:19 AM »
Haven't seen it for a few years, but saw There Will Be Blood was streaming and damn, what an incredible performance Daniel Day Lewis did in that film. Such a great movie.

Haven't seen in years too, gotta watch soon. Really enjoy Paul Thomas Anderson films. Speaking of, watched The Master on Netflix tonight. Interesting film. Not sure if my fondness for Philip Seymour Hoffman & Joaquin Phoenix cloud my judgement of the film.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1937 on: March 21, 2020, 04:25:20 AM »
I revisited Contagion about 2 weeks ago - still holds up really well and was a very well researched film, in a weird way it was comforting and not creepy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:27:18 AM by AsianVegan »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #1938 on: March 22, 2020, 03:35:45 AM »
Pandemic an interesting series. Pretty crazy it was filmed and released right before all of this....

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1939 on: March 22, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
This is the type of Netflix content I’m here for.  King Of Kong meets Evil Genius type docuseries that’s too good to be scripted but too crazy to be real.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1940 on: March 22, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
This is the type of Netflix content I’m here for.  King Of Kong meets Evil Genius type docuseries that’s too good to be scripted but too crazy to be real.

1 episode in, this shit is bonkers

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1941 on: March 22, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
Is cheetahsheets Joe Exotic

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1942 on: March 22, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't Fuck With Cats was really interesting but completely fucked documentary.  Very tough to watch some of the  footage & not easily forgotten.  Not for the squeamish, I suggest watching the trailer beforehand & it'll clue you in as to what it's all about.
[close]

I keep hearing or seeing discussion about this documentary..it's left me intrigued but I don't know how squeamish I am
[close]
The difficult moments are the scenes of actual footage the sociopath had posted online...it does cut away right before the actual acts of violence are committed but it's obvious where its going & while you won't be watching actual snuff it's certainly stomach churning.  The manhunt aspect of the documentary is very well done though, so it's a weird show to recommend without a disclaimer.

Finally got round to watching this and I know what you mean, super messed up and the dude seemed like such a weiner when he was in the interrogation room all cold asking for a cigarette. Some sick people out there, also lol at the facebook warriors

DiggyDon

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1943 on: March 22, 2020, 05:06:08 PM »
Just watched “The Platform”.
Once you get passed the poor English dub it’s really good.
If you liked Parasite and Snowpiercer this film is in the same class politics vein, but way more gruesome.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1944 on: March 22, 2020, 09:58:26 PM »
El bar, from Alex de la iglesia. He has better films but this is the only one I could find on netflix.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1945 on: March 25, 2020, 01:59:29 AM »
If you liked Parasite and Snowpiercer this film is in the same class politics vein, but way more gruesome.

agreed , the dub is terrible but i ejoyed the movie all the same.

getting stuck into that Tiger King doc now. 4 episodes deep and its fuckin bonkers

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #1946 on: March 25, 2020, 08:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed , the dub is terrible but i ejoyed the movie all the same.

getting stuck into that Tiger King doc now. 4 episodes deep and its fuckin bonkers

You guys are tripping me out that you choose the English dubs over reading subtitles. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I can never watch dubbed movies. It just drives me insane to not watch the words match up to them talking. Are there any subtitled films that do a really good job with dubs?

Irvine-Sucks.com

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #1947 on: March 25, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1948 on: March 26, 2020, 12:51:29 AM »
Shotcaller.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1949 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:55 AM »
Yes^^^ great film

Expand Quote
[close]

Top 5 for me... the score alone is incredible. I’ll admit for years, up until recently, i always thought Paul and Eli were the same person maybe he had multiple personalities (it sounds dumb in hindsight). Paul Dano was supposed to just play Paul, but the actor playing Eli dropped out saying Daniel Day was too intense or something.. so Dano played both and they wrote in they were identical twins.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna