Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387702 times)

jamersonbass and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2760 on: January 12, 2023, 10:26:15 PM »

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2761 on: January 13, 2023, 04:58:25 AM »

Just watched this last night what a wild story this is. After watching and learning more about the case it made me see in a different way than just a cut and dry murder. Obviously he went overboard but I definitely think there was a coverup here with Galfy being a prominent lawyer.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #2762 on: January 13, 2023, 09:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just watched this last night what a wild story this is. After watching and learning more about the case it made me see in a different way than just a cut and dry murder. Obviously he went overboard but I definitely think there was a coverup here with Galfy being a prominent lawyer.

Just 10 minutes in, love that Kai is wearing those high top TNT vans

Edit: rides a consolidated Don’t Do It board as well
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:32:53 AM by Atiba Applebum »

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2763 on: January 13, 2023, 10:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Just 10 minutes in, love that Kai is wearing those high top TNT vans

Edit: rides a consolidated Don’t Do It board as well

Thank you for noting that I couldn’t for the life of me figure what brand that was.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2764 on: January 13, 2023, 11:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cover-up in regards to the alleged sexual assault?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2765 on: January 13, 2023, 11:50:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Guy lived in a pretty normal house to be a “prominent” lawyer but that could be just a skewed perception on my part.   But I don’t get why cops would protect the lawyer anyways.   If what happened that Kai said happened, it doesn’t absolve him of what Kai did to him

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2766 on: January 13, 2023, 04:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Guy lived in a pretty normal house to be a “prominent” lawyer but that could be just a skewed perception on my part.   But I don’t get why cops would protect the lawyer anyways.   If what happened that Kai said happened, it doesn’t absolve him of what Kai did to him

Kai claimed the assault happened and he left, then called dude a second time for a place to crash.  I don’t know about you, but I’m not going back somewhere I was assaulted like that unless it was for revenge.  Story is so nuts.  Crazy to think this all happened in the span of 3 months.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2767 on: January 13, 2023, 04:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Kai claimed the assault happened and he left, then called dude a second time for a place to crash.  I don’t know about you, but I’m not going back somewhere I was assaulted like that unless it was for revenge.  Story is so nuts.  Crazy to think this all happened in the span of 3 months.

True but at the same time I’d imagine if you found someone willing to spend money on your care, you could rationalize it/compartmentalize it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2768 on: January 14, 2023, 04:31:27 AM »
Watched hatched wielding hitchhiker and can't see how I'm supposed to give a shit about all these reality show bozos trying to capitalise on this guy. Oooh this is our in to filming the homeless... fukn gross
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 05:50:04 AM by Mean salto »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2769 on: January 14, 2023, 08:44:22 AM »
Watched hatched wielding hitchhiker and can't see how I'm supposed to give a shit about all these reality show bozos trying to capitalise on this guy. Oooh this is our in to filming the homeless... fukn gross

Yeah, I don’t get these reality people at all.    Also felt the doc was a bit lacking.   I was surprised it was ending right when I thought it was going to be kicking into gear

Mean, you’re an Aussie, right?   Watched/heard of Koala Man?   It’s like a Rick and Morty adjacent show about Australia’s Batman.   It’s amusing and seems like it’s pulled in every famous Australian actor to do a voice in it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2770 on: January 14, 2023, 09:03:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I don’t get these reality people at all.    Also felt the doc was a bit lacking.   I was surprised it was ending right when I thought it was going to be kicking into gear

Mean, you’re an Aussie, right?   Watched/heard of Koala Man?   It’s like a Rick and Morty adjacent show about Australia’s Batman.   It’s amusing and seems like it’s pulled in every famous Australian actor to do a voice in it
Yeah I've seen one episode but I kind of got burnt out on adult cartoons a little while ago. I did mean to go back and watch it but forgot tho. I'll give it another go

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2771 on: January 14, 2023, 09:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah I've seen one episode but I kind of got burnt out on adult cartoons a little while ago. I did mean to go back and watch it but forgot tho. I'll give it another go

I’m not necessarily recommending it, just wondering if it was on your radar.   I’ve only seen an Ep or two

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2772 on: January 14, 2023, 09:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m not necessarily recommending it, just wondering if it was on your radar.   I’ve only seen an Ep or two
Realising now it's less on my radar than I thought lol I think I just saw a pilot episode that's was on Australian tv a while back. I'll sometimes get a little worried when things are overly proudly Australian especially when aimed at international audiences. I think the full series is only on Disney here so I might not get to see it for a while anyway

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2773 on: January 14, 2023, 10:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Realising now it's less on my radar than I thought lol I think I just saw a pilot episode that's was on Australian tv a while back. I'll sometimes get a little worried when things are overly proudly Australian especially when aimed at international audiences. I think the full series is only on Disney here so I might not get to see it for a while anyway

Hah I’d say it feels like an Australian show that the US imported rather than one made for the US if that makes sense.   I’m enjoying it

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #2774 on: January 17, 2023, 05:37:38 PM »

This movie was Great!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2775 on: January 18, 2023, 11:04:25 AM »
i'm pretty sure this has come up before, but i just watched The Highwaymen again, and i do dig it

as always, "official trailers" rarely do justice.

funny how "history" is working in these kinds of films. admittedly, i haven't seen it in a while, but i know the film Bonnie and Clyde (with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty) is sympathetic to Bonnie and Clyde and casts them as fairly righteous class rebels

which of course, means representing Texas Ranger Frank Hamer as a kind of monster--which is not to say that he wasn't one. one way i remember they do this, is by not giving him many lines, or face shots (and if so, weird close-ups), and by focusing mainly on his killing. i could be a bit off here, since i have not seen the film in a while, but i feel like i remember it that way. this new Netflix version, focusing on Ranger Hamer (and his partner Maney Gault), reverses this--you only get bits and pieces of Bonnie and Clyde, and they're almost always when they're murdering someone.

anyway, i'd be curious about what other heads in here think about this. historically, i've always been sympathetic to Bonnie and Clyde, because of the time and the circumstances of the time, but it is easy to overlook that they were fairly cold-blooded killers who did more than just defend themselves against the police...

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2776 on: January 18, 2023, 11:12:37 AM »
Athena is a French film from 2022 on Netflix that has one of the craziest opening 10 minutes in recent memory.  Worth watching just for that shot.  An INTENSE movie.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2777 on: January 18, 2023, 11:23:23 AM »
i'm pretty sure this has come up before, but i just watched The Highwaymen again, and i do dig it

funny how "history" is working in these kinds of films. admittedly, i haven't seen it in a while, but i know the film Bonnie and Clyde (with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty) is sympathetic to Bonnie and Clyde and casts them as fairly righteous class rebels

which of course, means representing Texas Ranger Frank Hamer as a kind of monster--which is not to say that he wasn't one. one way i remember they do this, is by not giving him many lines, or face shots (and if so, weird close-ups), and by focusing mainly on his killing. i could be a bit off here, since i have not seen the film in a while, but i feel like i remember it that way. this new Netflix version, focusing on Ranger Hamer (and his partner Maney Gault), reverses this--you only get bits and pieces of Bonnie and Clyde, and they're almost always when they're murdering someone.

anyway, i'd be curious about what other heads in here think about this. historically, i've always been sympathetic to Bonnie and Clyde, because of the time and the circumstances of the time, but it is easy to overlook that they were fairly cold-blooded killers who did more than just defend themselves against the police...

Texas Rangers are usually creeps, idiots, and tools of the Texas establishment to disenfranchise non-whites and steal their land, but I do seem to remember in my research of them that Hamer was one of the better (almost good) ones.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2778 on: January 18, 2023, 08:58:19 PM »
I'm not a big gamer and have never played "The Last of Us", but the first episode of the show was really good.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2779 on: January 18, 2023, 09:15:09 PM »
I'm not a big gamer and have never played "The Last of Us", but the first episode of the show was really good.
I'd agree and thought it was mostly ok. Prob much better if you haven't seen a ton of zombie stuff because it's well worn territory at this point. It's a weird time we're living in when video games that are based on a bunch of movies/tv then get made into movies/tv

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2780 on: January 18, 2023, 09:43:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd agree and thought it was mostly ok. Prob much better if you haven't seen a ton of zombie stuff because it's well worn territory at this point. It's a weird time we're living in when video games that are based on a bunch of movies/tv then get made into movies/tv

It hasn’t jazzed me yet bc it’s pretty close to the game, but it gave me confidence in creative unlike say the Halo show where you knew that it was never going to get better than what they showed you in the pilot

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2781 on: January 19, 2023, 12:07:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Texas Rangers are usually creeps, idiots, and tools of the Texas establishment to disenfranchise non-whites and steal their land, but I do seem to remember in my research of them that Hamer was one of the better (almost good) ones.

yeah, i've read mixed things on Hamer and the Ranger history is pretty well known. i'm also wondering about the timing, culturally--telling the story from a vantage point sympathetic to "law enforcement" in 2019 like this and how besides-the-point the class politics is for the most part in this new telling...

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #2782 on: January 19, 2023, 05:04:05 PM »
I don’t know how the hell I missed it, but I Think You Should Leave is fucking incredible.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2783 on: January 19, 2023, 09:45:26 PM »
I don’t know how the hell I missed it, but I Think You Should Leave is fucking incredible.

I enjoyed that flick

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #2784 on: January 19, 2023, 10:27:10 PM »
Athena is a French film from 2022 on Netflix that has one of the craziest opening 10 minutes in recent memory.  Worth watching just for that shot.  An INTENSE movie.

Yeah that opener is amazing.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2785 on: January 20, 2023, 11:49:49 AM »

It's not on Netflix but check out Detroiters. Same type of humor as ITYSL as it's also written by Tim Robinson.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2786 on: January 20, 2023, 04:19:55 PM »

best show
@Blind Fisherman I'm in a similar spot since I finally just got around to watching Silicon Valley last week.

Also, if anyone has got HBO and you have a hankering for some supernatural horror 30 Coins is a fun show. The aesthetic kind of bops around from well done horror to b movie horror to daytime soap opera to cinemax late night and then to the Matrix for some reason before going back to decent horror. Heavy Catholic vibes with Vatican conspiracies and gore aplenty.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2787 on: January 20, 2023, 04:46:12 PM »
30 Coins has a Wild opening title sequence.   300 meets Jesus’s Crucifixion iirc

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2788 on: January 20, 2023, 05:37:27 PM »
30 Coins has a Wild opening title sequence.   300 meets Jesus’s Crucifixion iirc

Definitely. Also, if you end up watching the series get ready for Paco (the mayor) to wear skin tight booty jeans and shake that sweet big thang while walking away from the camera.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2789 on: January 20, 2023, 09:56:20 PM »
Ya'll keep posting stuff and getting me excited for new shows and movies and they're not even on Netflix. Roberto Bummin.

Irvine-Sucks.com