Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387590 times)

Pasta Monster

Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2850 on: March 01, 2023, 09:59:08 AM »
I binged Dark on Netflix. It was good but is incest a common occurrence in time travel shows/movies?

The Sandman was pretty good, but conservatives were pissed off about the, “diversity.” It’s all fiction and Jesus wasn’t white.

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2851 on: March 01, 2023, 02:33:24 PM »
I binged Dark on Netflix. It was good but is incest a common occurrence in time travel shows/movies?

The Sandman was pretty good, but conservatives were pissed off about the, “diversity.” It’s all fiction and Jesus wasn’t white.

It's especially hilarious when they get all bent out of shape about it when the source material is diverse too. "WHY DID YOU CHANGE THAT CHARACTER!!". Homie, the character was gay/black/asian/bi/androgynous in the source material too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2852 on: March 09, 2023, 04:26:20 PM »
Season 2 of Perry Mason premiered earlier this week on HBO and the first episode was pretty interesting.
Initial thoughts:
Sean Astin has some real acting range. I never knew that.
The villain seems promising.
Perry Mason's apartment is fucking messy. I like that he's kind of disgusting.
I particularly enjoyed this line of dialogue:
"Building takes a firm foundation, Brooks. Your dabbling in every little folly is anything but that. It's as solid as a sandcastle."

mikeyshorts

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2853 on: March 09, 2023, 06:40:53 PM »
vhs not netflix but bill and teds excellent adventure. excellent!
and bill and teds bogus journey. bogus!
read somewhere that the bill and ted saga is about the cast system of india. on the high end is excellent, the untouchable is bogus and the twane shall never meet even if they coexist in the same universe. trippy

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #2854 on: March 09, 2023, 11:57:17 PM »
Season 2 of Perry Mason premiered earlier this week on HBO and the first episode was pretty interesting.
Initial thoughts:
"Building takes a firm foundation, Brooks. Your dabbling in every little folly is anything but that. It's as solid as a sandcastle."

Really didn’t want to watch yet - a show like this works better for me to binge, but I did

Thought it was funny in the pilot when that Mexican lady fucks him into the ground between the bed and the wall and he barely moves.    He really has a knack as an actor to look so defeated and beaten down but without the fire completely extinguished.   

I wonder if the shooter was who they were strongly hinting at.   

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2855 on: March 10, 2023, 12:06:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Initial thoughts:
[close]

Really didn’t want to watch yet - a show like this works better for me to binge, but I did

Thought it was funny in the pilot when that Mexican lady fucks him into the ground between the bed and the wall and he barely moves.    He really has a knack as an actor to look so defeated and beaten down but without the fire completely extinguished.   

I really fukn hope not. This is probably my favourite genre of series and the last few years have had way too many where the obvious person you think it is the whole time turns out to be the villain so you may as well of stopped watching after one ep. Altho in saying that season one you kind of knew who the main villain was from pretty early it was more about the complete how/why and how perry and co would solve it.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #2856 on: March 10, 2023, 12:11:49 AM »
i’ve been watching arrested development when bored and made it into the second season, other than a handful of moments i really don’t find this show very funny despite the insane reviews it’s gotten. i feel like i’m missing something, but maybe it’s just not for me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2857 on: March 10, 2023, 01:15:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Initial thoughts:
[close]

[close]
I really fukn hope not. This is probably my favourite genre of series and the last few years have had way too many where the obvious person you think it is the whole time turns out to be the villain so you may as well of stopped watching after one ep. Altho in saying that season one you kind of knew who the main villain was from pretty early it was more about the complete how/why and how perry and co would solve it.

Right, we’re not even sure what the legal case is yet and how it would get Perry back doing criminal work so I’m thinking the death is just the first building block.    The church wasn’t even introduced really until the second ep of the first season

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #2858 on: March 10, 2023, 12:49:42 PM »
i’ve been watching arrested development when bored and made it into the second season, other than a handful of moments i really don’t find this show very funny despite the insane reviews it’s gotten. i feel like i’m missing something, but maybe it’s just not for me
I'm with you on this. I've tried to give it an honest shot at least 3 separate times and I don't think I laughed at all each time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2859 on: March 10, 2023, 05:25:30 PM »
On Prime in the US … Alan Partridge: Stratagem (a stage show).   

It’s pretty damn good so far, but I’m following so,e AD slander so I can’t gauge the comedy tastes here

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2860 on: March 13, 2023, 06:42:06 AM »
Been rewatching "The Royle Family" it's so fukn funny. I only rewatch it every couple of years but it gets better every time. Probably work better if you're in your 30s or even better 40+ and have to be paying attention. Not really a show you can be on your phone or just have on in the background and still get it.
Not for everyone tho you have to like more subtle stuff and get some 90s/00s references I've def recommended it to people that just didn't get it/ outright hated it.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2861 on: March 13, 2023, 07:12:49 AM »
Saw The Cremator yesterday at the local weird theater.

Imagine you and your ex having the worst hangover ever, start chugging cold brew to near panic attack levels and then saying let's go watch a 1960s Czech Nazi matinee. It was awesome

luvs2spooge

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2862 on: March 14, 2023, 10:33:50 AM »
Butt Boy, on Tubi, FREE, do it.
hemi sync

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2863 on: March 14, 2023, 12:28:03 PM »
The Netflix documentary about Malaysian MH370 Flight that “disappeared” was pretty interesting. Does contain a few far fetched wild conspiracy theories but then again some info released by the Malaysian govt seems questionable…

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2864 on: March 21, 2023, 08:55:21 PM »
New Donald Glover show on Prime is about a girl obsessed with a Beyoncé like figure named NI’JAH!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2865 on: March 21, 2023, 10:07:42 PM »
Anyone else hyped on the return of ted lasso

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2866 on: March 21, 2023, 11:19:51 PM »

Hyped is a stretch, but I enjoy watching it even if the writers’ absolute lack of research/knowledge of English soccer becomes laughably distracting. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2867 on: March 21, 2023, 11:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hyped is a stretch, but I enjoy watching it even if the writers’ absolute lack of research/knowledge of English soccer becomes laughably distracting.
Research/knowledge is over rated you just need vibes.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2868 on: March 21, 2023, 11:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hah I know it doesn’t affect how most people view it, etc, but it’s nails on a chalkboard to me like when you read someone who doesn’t know anything about skating write something like “Ollie flip” or shit like that

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2869 on: March 22, 2023, 03:11:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hah I know it doesn’t affect how most people view it, etc, but it’s nails on a chalkboard to me like when you read someone who doesn’t know anything about skating write something like “Ollie flip” or shit like that

Looks like someone taught Ted Lassi about Zlatan

slimvanilla

« Reply #2870 on: March 22, 2023, 03:27:49 PM »
anyone here watch the newest season of 'You'?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2871 on: March 22, 2023, 06:40:37 PM »

I watched a couple episodes but couldn’t get into it.

Dragged across concrete was good

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2872 on: March 22, 2023, 07:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I watched a couple episodes but couldn’t get into it.

Dragged across concrete was good

If you liked Dragged - check out Bone Tomahawk (western) and r Brawl in Cell Block 99.   BT got more hype, but 99 was right up my alley

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2873 on: March 22, 2023, 08:17:08 PM »
I lost interest in "Arrested Development" when Buster's hand got bitten of by the loose seal and stopped watching, but have checked many episodes after that sporadically, and there's always funny stuff (Bateman living at Cera's dorm, Maybe setting up the To Catch A Predator sting and Tobias getting caught up in)...but the drive of the narrative ended for me with Buster's hand (guess it seemed like it jumped the shark). I generally am not a big fan of Buster or Gob.

Curious as to what you guys watching "Perry Mason" thought of "The Night Of" where it ended up not being so much about the crime at hand but how the prison system is so fucked.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2874 on: March 22, 2023, 08:31:25 PM »
I like Perry Mason a lot.  It’s hitting me right in the James Ellroy feelies with a Chinatown back

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2875 on: March 22, 2023, 10:38:22 PM »
I lost interest in "Arrested Development" when Buster's hand got bitten of by the loose seal and stopped watching, but have checked many episodes after that sporadically, and there's always funny stuff (Bateman living at Cera's dorm, Maybe setting up the To Catch A Predator sting and Tobias getting caught up in)...but the drive of the narrative ended for me with Buster's hand (guess it seemed like it jumped the shark). I generally am not a big fan of Buster or Gob.

Curious as to what you guys watching "Perry Mason" thought of "The Night Of" where it ended up not being so much about the crime at hand but how the prison system is so fucked.
Really like Perry Mason and def enjoyed (if that's even the right word for this) the night of. I think shows and movies like that is why I'll never ever be scared of an actual horror movie

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2876 on: March 23, 2023, 12:21:33 PM »
I like Perry Mason a lot.  It’s hitting me right in the James Ellroy feelies with a Chinatown back

I got convinced to check it out, loved the intro got sucked into pretty fast.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2877 on: March 23, 2023, 01:58:28 PM »
2nd episode of ted lasso was an absolute banger, one of the best of all seasons

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2878 on: April 10, 2023, 09:15:52 AM »
Binged BEEF last night...fucking great story kept me on the edge, good camera and color shots throughout.

Decided to start watching Succession last week and just got through season 1, and just heard last night episode was one of the best ones...also loving this show

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2879 on: April 10, 2023, 09:36:18 AM »
Binged BEEF last night...fucking great story kept me on the edge, good camera and color shots throughout.

Decided to start watching Succession last week and just got through season 1, and just heard last night episode was one of the best ones...also loving this show

Co-sign Beef.