Author Topic: Old DGKALIS ad  (Read 6195 times)

escapistfool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
Old DGKALIS ad
« on: December 30, 2011, 03:02:36 AM »
I didn't know this. Haha

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Old DGKALIS ad
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 03:38:05 AM »
that is so dope in so many ways

why did you part ways with adidas josh?
ohyeahohyeah

N/A

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »

Loved those kicks. So good seeing two true OGs.

!!! VERT SAVES !!!

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:16:23 AM »
Yea, that poster was in Journeys around 95/96. I had a few pairs.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »
Wow... i havent seen that one is a while.

I thought it was tight getting free Shelltoes. But they were pushing that shoe and didn't want to send me shelltoes anymore.

Than when i went to shoot the ad... the photographer was shooting me trying to warm up doing the noseslide. He was shooting it all
at the wrong times.... and i remember asking him..."what are you doing?" He said don't worry about it.. he had never shot skateboarding before and was practicing while i was warming up.

Anyway... i ended up shooting some stuff in S.D.... only to find out at the trade show they had the ad pictured above as a huge poster.... all my dudes were clowning me.. even Ken Block. FYI that sequence is a bunch of separate stills thrown together. Its not even a real sequence. Each frame was from a different try. Haha.

So i couldn't get the shells anymore, and they were pushing me to wear a different shoe, and they played me (embarrassed me) by running that ad... i instantly quit and got shoes from Block. And that was that. Best decision i could have ever made!!! lol.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
Haha damn they sent out a dude to shoot your ad who hasnt ever shot skateboarding? Damn that must have been frustrating

tripledonkeyflip

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »
Frustrating? guy created his own sequence that's innovation....

really though that's pretty lame.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »
dope

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »

I thought it was tight getting free Shelltoes. But they were pushing that shoe and didn't want to send me shelltoes anymore.

Than when i went to shoot the ad... the photographer was shooting me trying to warm up doing the noseslide. He was shooting it all
at the wrong times.... and i remember asking him..."what are you doing?" He said don't worry about it.. he had never shot skateboarding before and was practicing while i was warming up.

Anyway... i ended up shooting some stuff in S.D.... only to find out at the trade show they had the ad pictured above as a huge poster.... all my dudes were clowning me.. even Ken Block. FYI that sequence is a bunch of separate stills thrown together. Its not even a real sequence. Each frame was from a different try. Haha.

So i couldn't get the shells anymore, and they were pushing me to wear a different shoe, and they played me (embarrassed me) by running that ad... i instantly quit and got shoes from Block. And that was that. Best decision i could have ever made!!! lol.
this is whats so dope about slap

CarrollUSA

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Agreed. Big ups to DGKALIS for actively participating in the conversation here. You are really doing a favor too all of us.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Agreed. Big ups to DGKALIS for actively participating in the conversation here. You are really doing a favor too all of us.

No doubt.

I remember being extremely aggravated that day because the Addidas folks were so wack.. and the photographer sucked. They didn't understand the timing of the trick. I did a back 180 fakie 5.0 on a ledge... and i could see the flash popping at the absolute wrong time.

It was frustrating knowing how the ad was going to turn out. I kept telling them Blabac or Skin or somebody should come shoot it... and they weren't having it. They probably paid that photographer 5k a day or something absurd.

Funny now to look back.... but damn.... that shit was wack!!!!!!!

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

No doubt.

I remember being extremely aggravated that day because the Addidas folks were so wack.. and the photographer sucked. They didn't understand the timing of the trick. I did a back 180 fakie 5.0 on a ledge... and i could see the flash popping at the absolute wrong time.

It was frustrating knowing how the ad was going to turn out. I kept telling them Blabac or Skin or somebody should come shoot it... and they weren't having it. They probably paid that photographer 5k a day or something absurd.

Funny now to look back.... but damn.... that shit was wack!!!!!!!

Dang... Sorry for reminding you Kalis! Haha. Good to know you're in good hands though after all these years!

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »
Damn Kalis, After you said what trick it is I can totally see it, but before you can't even tell what you're doing.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »
Hella POP!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »
Is it me or does those shoes look like they're baby sized?

Box of Frogs

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 01:52:05 AM »
Is it me or does those shoes look like they're baby sized?

Its not you. The stripes seems wider then nowadays. Calling optical illusion

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »
sick, let's make it a Kalis dope ad thread

Box of Frogs

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »

Thought about this spot yesterday. Howcome a majority of the tricks done here is on the other side?

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 05:35:00 AM »
Cot dayum that switch crooks in Toy ad.  :o :o

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 09:16:08 AM »
That noseblunt photo at love is so sick. How hard do you think it would be to get a high-res copy of that. I wanna take it to wall mart and put it on a 8x10

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »

Thought about this spot yesterday. Howcome a majority of the tricks done here is on the other side?
Is there any footage of this?

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
what could you expect from a company run by non-skaters

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

StopSnitchinCuz

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
Wow. Ive only been skating since 2001 but I thought I was a big enough skate nerd to know Kalis rode for addidas, those old ads are ill, I love the old Alien Workshop

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »
This makes me wonder whether the new adidas photogs are skate related or just other photogs who know the skaters personally and get paid from adidas free lance style?

I'll contribute to the Kalis ad stoke.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
This makes me wonder whether the new adidas photogs are skate related or just other photogs who know the skaters personally and get paid from adidas free lance style?

I'll contribute to the Kalis ad stoke.

The new ones are all skate photogs

A.J.K.

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
My scanner is being a piece of shit, and can't find it on the internet, but your Seek ad that's the back tail on a jersey barrier at night is too sick.  Wall hanger for sure.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 07:29:57 PM »
^^
That shoe color way was so sick!! Had multiple pairs, along with the navy ones. I think with a hint of orange.

Wish i had a pair right now, it'd be in a glass case  :D
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
what was the purpose of seek again?

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »
Wow. Ive only been skating since 2001 but I thought I was a big enough skate nerd to know Kalis rode for addidas, those old ads are ill, I love the old Alien Workshop
I only started skateboarding three years ago and I knew Kalis used to be on Adidas. Your post makes me feel like a very accomplished skate nerd.  ;D