Author Topic: Guy XLK - question  (Read 1381 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Guy XLK - question
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »
Has anyone who tried these shoes had the same problem with the plastic in the shoe's heel digging into their foot? I've only had these for a few days but I can't even wear these without pain now because the fucking plastic has left blisters on my achilles. It's not a sizing issue, because the rest of the shoe fits fucking perfectly. Will this go away as I break them in, is this a defect, or am I fucked? Anyone know?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
Re: Guy XLK - question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
its more of a slim/fitted shoe than most other stuff out there but... i never had that problem

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »

I don't know if you have checked this past reference:

http://www.weartested.com/one-week-with-the-lakai-guy-xlk/

The Capn

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
I definitely had that problem, only with my right shoe though. It's a shame cause these shoes were amazing for skating, but I couldn't walk 30 feet in them without getting a nickel sized blister just below my Achilles tendon. Possibly the most durable shoe I've ever skated though.

Wh0l3

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »
You could try bandaids until the shoe breaks in more/your skin gets tougher. That's what I do when I break in a new pair of doc martens.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
You could try bandaids until the shoe breaks in more/your skin gets tougher. That's what I do when I break in a new pair of doc martens.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I just hope they break in soon because they're fucking great, other than this problem.

Capn - you only got yours in one shoe too? My left shoe is the fucked up one.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
expensive but work really well. just make sure to apply the band aid properly and leave it on.

The Capn

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I just hope they break in soon because they're fucking great, other than this problem.

Capn - you only got yours in one shoe too? My left shoe is the fucked up one.

Yeah, it was really weird, the shoe felt like it fit me fine on both feet. For some reason, no matter how tight I tied it it would rub the spot on the back of my foot there when walking. I bought this stuff called moleskin, it's like a super adhesive thick band-aid that's designed for preventing blisters, it helped a lot.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Yeah I looked for some of that shit the other day but didn't have any luck finding it.

The Capn

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
That's weird, should be an easy find in any pharmacy. I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, hope that helps.

Wh0l3

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
yea those blister band-aids are good but it's usually cheaper to just stack normal band-aids

The Capn

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »
I dunno man, I got a 5" square sheet of the stuff for like $4, I never ended up using even close to all of it. It's a lot stickier than band-aids too.