Author Topic: Fuck some corrupt ass skate contests  (Read 4887 times)

Mizzark

Fuck some corrupt ass skate contests
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »
man I go to this shit in cary, pay 15 bucks for entry plus like 8 more for mandatory pad rental. I do my runs, throw out some pretty ill shit, a couple of miracles and whatever. The judges were all psyched like "yeah you did good those tricks were nice".

The prizes went as follows 1st 500, 2nd 300, 3rd 200

I was pretty positive I had that shit on lock. Now here's the twist.

The lady who owns "board to death" skateshop was the sole contributor for the prize pool, right out of her own pocket.

Her scrubby ass son who was doing early grabs and just a bunch of lame ass shit, he gets third.
Some asshole who didnt do shit but carve around got second.
And then some jackass who lurks at the shop and did a bunch of handplants and gay shit gets first.

I can say with confidence I overall did better than any of those bitches. I'd be happy to see anyone but them place. But thats just the way it is. Fuck a contest.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:07:57 PM by Mizzark »

mikefork

Re: Fuck some corrupt ass skate contests
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »
life isn't fair. probably four years ago everyone from the coliseum entered the fall brawl contest(new englands biggest contest) and everyone either got eliminated for doing something wrong like colin fiske who kickflipped from some eight foot qp over a gap into the crowd. i can't think of who at the moment but they got dq'ed for taking their helmet off in the middle of their run for a single trick. one of the shop owners got kicked out because he smashed a guitar someone gave him because everyone was getting dq'ed. heres the catch, the contest judges were all on eastern boarder and they hated our shop. fucked up? yes but that is life

Edward Penishands

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »
who gives a fuck about contests...........if you want to compete go play football.

Mizzark

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »
life isn't fair. probably four years ago everyone from the coliseum entered the fall brawl contest(new englands biggest contest) and everyone either got eliminated for doing something wrong like colin fiske who kickflipped from some eight foot qp over a gap into the crowd. i can't think of who at the moment but they got dq'ed for taking their helmet off in the middle of their run for a single trick. one of the shop owners got kicked out because he smashed a guitar someone gave him because everyone was getting dq'ed. heres the catch, the contest judges were all on eastern boarder and they hated our shop. fucked up? yes but that is life

it probably didnt help that I talk shit about all the wack motherfuckers who skate around here, but still, its not fair!

and I dont usually do contests, they're fucking stupid, but 500 dollars? shit, thats' not bad at all.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
You should have kicked their asses and stole their money, Greg would have had your back.

Mizzark

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
You should have kicked their asses and stole their money, Greg would have had your back.

they wrote checks, beleive me I thought about it

fuckingvegan

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 04:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they wrote checks, beleive me I thought about it

I would have been disappointed if you hadn't.

mikefork

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it probably didnt help that I talk shit about all the wack motherfuckers who skate around here, but still, its not fair!

and I dont usually do contests, they're fucking stupid, but 500 dollars? shit, thats' not bad at all.
500? the one i am talking about is 2 grand for first prize and anyone who is anyone is in the contest and this happened right after pj ladds whl came out so we can only assume they hated the shop because everyone on the team was on something and from what i hear some of the old eb guys are huge sponsor me rats

Mizzark

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
500? the one i am talking about is 2 grand for first prize and anyone who is anyone is in the contest and this happened right after pj ladds whl came out so we can only assume they hated the shop because everyone on the team was on something and from what i hear some of the old eb guys are huge sponsor me rats

well this was just some random shit, weren't any pros or anything, thats why I was so sure I could take it

E.l.G

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »
And then some jackass who lurks at the shop and did a bunch of handplants and gay shit gets first.

Wait, are we talking street plants, millerflips, or legit inverts?

Mizzark

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, are we talking street plants, millerflips, or legit inverts?

miller flip type of thing, not a legit invert, I will give some credit to that guy because he did some ok shit, but the other two were just handed the money on a platter

kev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »
shut the fuck up mizzurk, you know you sucked cock and those shitty kids owned your ass with their fakie big spins and tic tacs.

Mizzark

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
shut the fuck up mizzurk, you know you sucked cock and those shitty kids owned your ass with their fakie big spins and tic tacs.

I really wish they would have skated ten times better than me so I wouldnt be so pissed off

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »
Well I think being the best skater in a contest and not even placing amongst a bunch of losers, who win decent money, is a hilarious situation.  It could've been on an episode of Sk8.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:41:25 AM »
seaholm alert!
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

JOE!

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 07:01:48 AM »
contests are for the queer

tits

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
what was your run?

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 08:42:45 AM »
Contest that make you wear pads are weak as fuck and they suck ever more for charging to rent pads for you to skate in it. How gay is that? I would've just ask for my money back and it seems like from the results of how it turned out you should've done it.

steve urkel

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:57 AM »
wuz lutzka there to reap all tha cash

Mizzark

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 10:24:35 AM »
what was your run?

I only landed 4 or 5 tricks each run, but they were good tricks in my opinion. I think it was judged based on quantity over quality.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »
FUCK YEAH !!!!  FUCK YEAH!!

Mizzark

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »
FUCK YEAH !!!!  FUCK YEAH!!

look I really wanted a few hundred dollars ok

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »
dang, I got second in a local contest just yesterday.  but the first place winner definitely deserved it.  and I only won 50 bucks and a deck, but it was a small contest with some friends from shops just backing it and giving product.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

jared...

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 10:36:19 AM »
you guys want to hear my line?  okay here goes!

back five-o a long box, pop shuv on some bank, fakie five-oh front shove on the long box, turn around, frontside five-o fakie on a quarter pipe, trun around like a jackass, front feeble the handrail, smith gring on a bump to picnic table thing, messed up on a backside 180 nosegrind on the long box.  the end.

the only reason I got second is cuz I was consistent though.  everybody was going all out, and messed up on at least 3 tricks per run (aside from the 1st place winner.) I was just cruise skating and it worked out.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42:37 AM »
what's your opinion about contests? i enter on a regular basis and sometimes do good, sometimes not. but what's better, doing an run where you cruise around, using all the course but the tricks are less hard or just mainly focusing on one or two objects, like handrail and ledge; and landing less but slightly harder tricks?

jared...

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
well let's put it this way:  I entered a contest a few years back, landed a few tricks on a bunch of obstacles, even skated some tranny.  A little kid hucked himself off of a huge gap for his entrire run and landed 1 ollie.  and guess who won?  actually, i didn't even place.  it was bullshit though.  i guess it depends.  i'd prefer a well-rounded run using all the obstacles with medium/hard-difficulty tricks.

msfilm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »

back five-o a long box, pop shuv on some bank, fakie five-oh front shove on the long box, turn around, frontside five-o fakie on a quarter pipe, trun around like a jackass, front feeble the handrail, smith gring on a bump to picnic table thing, messed up on a backside 180 nosegrind on the long box.  the end.

the only reason I got second is cuz I was consistent though.  everybody was going all out, and messed up on at least 3 tricks per run (aside from the 1st place winner.) I was just cruise skating and it worked out.
no flips?

Mizzark

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »

you'd have lost miserably without any early grabs or bonelesses in your run

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »
going off the fact that who ever was judging didnt know shit about skating, they prolly saw you fall a few times and picked someone who didnt fall at all in their run

id prolly do the same if i had absolutely zero knowledge

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 03:46:36 PM »
dude these niacin capsules are making me sweat balls and itch